Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Announcements / Suggestions / Help Announcements from Admin, member suggestions and forum help

View Poll Results: Do we need a swearword filter?
Yes 9 17.31%
Yes
9 17.31%
No 43 82.69%
No
43 82.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-12-2009, 10:30 PM #26
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Whoever voted 'no' is entitled to their opinion, and probably didn't post in here as they are clearly in the minority. Shame though, as it would be nice to discuss their reasons.
lily. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 10:30 PM #27
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Its not needed, people can easily get around it.

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 10:33 PM #28
User banned

User banned

Stephanie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 10:33 PM #29
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Indeed Stephanie.. lol
Old 23-12-2009, 10:35 PM #30
I hate you all.

I hate you all.

Yep, Steph and her brilliant one-liners...

Enid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 10:36 PM #31
User banned

User banned

haha yes, it was amazing.
Stephanie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 10:46 PM #32
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

Fuck the system

Old 23-12-2009, 11:38 PM #33
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

22 votes for removal of filter
2 votes for keeping it...

speaks volumes..
Old 23-12-2009, 11:42 PM #34
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Let's get rid of the fucking piece of **** then.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 11:45 PM #35
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

That's up to mods/admin. Let's wait to see their view.
Old 24-12-2009, 01:12 AM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
i don't think it is nesessary, you have to be 13+ to sign up for tibb anyway, and by that age most people have sworn/heard/seen it all already.
Yep, this. Should definitely be abolished. Racist/homophobic words should be censored though
Old 24-12-2009, 01:13 AM #37
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Other than my mother [who swears like a mofo] I can't name a single adult who finds swearing so awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 07:58 AM #38
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
UBB: Brian
BB11: Josie
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
UBB: Brian
BB11: Josie

Fuck NO
NettoSuperstar! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 09:02 AM #39
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lili View Post
22 votes for removal of filter
2 votes for keeping it...

speaks volumes..
22 is still only a tiny number of the number of members on this forum! They are just a few regulars!

Personally I believe there would be a lot of members that would rather not have the c word thrust in their face every time they open a thread - but of course they get dismissed as just boring and not suitable to be on a forum by those campaigning for removal of the filter! That, of course, it total cr*p! Just an attempt to make those that disagree feel uncomfortable!

Someone made a comment about supporting removal of the filter but still not being able to use racist or homophobic words - so we are going to be selective about who we are allowed to offend then!

Of course, most people swear these days, including me, although there are certain words I personally wouldn't use. I do have a young son who, although not a member, does I know sometimes come onto the site and browse as do some of his friends. Although I know he hears, and sometimes says, swear words I would still rather he wasn't seeing that particular word on here on a regular basis. What is wrong with that? I am sure a lot of people would agree with that!
WOMBAI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 09:15 AM #40
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Oh please. Twenty nine people voted and all but two of them support the removal of the filter [i.e. one more person other than you]. It's a perfectley fair and reasonable demographic. Twenty nine regular members of this forum should be catered for first, not a young son who perhaps should not be viewing the forum in the first place.

Not to mention your exaggerations about the word 'cunt' are gloriously over the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOMBAI View Post
Someone made a comment about supporting removal of the filter but still not being able to use racist or homophobic words - so we are going to be selective about who we are allowed to offend then!
Yes, actually. We are going to be selective about that. Some people get wound up and curse at others on the forum during an argument. We are not, however, racists or homophobes.

Sorry.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 09:44 AM #41
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Oh please. Twenty nine people voted and all but two of them support the removal of the filter [i.e. one more person other than you]. It's a perfectley fair and reasonable demographic. Twenty nine regular members of this forum should be catered for first, not a young son who perhaps should not be viewing the forum in the first place.

Not to mention your exaggerations about the word 'cunt' are gloriously over the top.

Yes, actually. We are going to be selective about that. Some people get wound up and curse at others on the forum during an argument. We are not, however, racists or homophobes.

Sorry.
The last time I looked - there were thousands of members of this forum. Many will probably return during ccb and bb - of all age groups. This forum is not just for those that like to swear all the time!

Yes, I agree, many do curse during an argument - but that isn't really what I am talking about. Some younger members have started to use it on a regular basis, not in an argument, and it is off-putting. If that makes me boring - then hey ho - I'm boring! By the same token many think that those that need to swear all the time - are boring - works both ways!

If I have exaggerated the use of the c word - removal of the filter - will soon change that!

In the end, I guess it is down to the owners of the forum - what they want to allow on here - they have to consider the majority - and, personally, I don't believe that the figure above represents the majority.
Old 24-12-2009, 09:50 AM #42
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

I'm sorry but I simply can't take you seriously with the arguments you are trying to put foward. 28 to 2 is not a fair balance? It's still possible that a greater majority of members want the swear word filter? Please. It's a completely ludicrous notion to put foward and you know it.

And your reasons? Your reasons for why we should have the swear word filter kept intact even if it is against the wishes of the majority of the regular members? Oh, your young son views the place from time to time. And apparently, this forum has thousands of members. Sure, this forum has thousands of members, but that's a null argument - and a cheap one at that. Most of those people sign up and never post.

How many view and post here on a consistent basis? And is 28 to 2 not a fair representation of that? And is the main subject matter of the forum, the one you mentioned all those extra members will be coming in for next month lest we forget, not an adult television show choc full of curses?

How long exactly would you like this poll left up for? Just how one sided a poll do you need to let this become to accept that the vast majority of members do not want a swear word filter? And what about other arguments put foward. Is your son unable to tell that four stars in a row probably represents a curse word?

Last edited by Stu; 24-12-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 24-12-2009, 10:13 AM #43
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I'm sorry but I simply can't take you seriously with the arguments you are trying to put foward. 28 to 2 is not a fair balance? It's still possible that a greater majority of members want the swear word filter? Please. It's a completely ludicrous notion to put foward and you know it.

And your reasons? Your reasons for why we should have the swear word filter kept intact even if it is against the wishes of the majority of the regular members? Oh, your young son views the place from time to time. And apparently, this forum has thousands of members. Sure, this forum has thousands of members, but that's a null argument - and a cheap one at that. Most of those people sign up and never post.

How many view and post here on a consistent basis? And is 28 to 2 not a fair representation of that? And is the main subject matter of the forum, the one you mentioned all those extra members will be coming in for next month lest we forget, not an adult television show choc full of curses?

How long exactly would you like this poll left up for? Just how one sided a poll do you need to let this become to accept that the vast majority of members do not want a swear word filter? And what about other arguments put foward. Is your son unable to tell that four stars in a row probably represents a curse word?
As your views are so biased - can't take them seriously either! You would say black was white - just to oppose me - and you know it!

Yes it is an adult show - but the forum is for 13+. Maybe the owners need to decide whether the site should be for 18+ - although how they would police that is anyone's guess. As it is - children under the age of 13 know how to use computers, whether it be at home, round a friends or elsewhere and know how to access the site. Surely it is just easier for everyone - particularly those running the site - to just have a filter! Why do some have such an issue with that?

And not all adults like the use of certain swear words. That doesn't make them prudes, or old fuddy duddies - as you imply! A site that is open to all - has to have certain rules and regulations - and one of them needs to be some restrictions on the language used. If some are incapable of expressing themselves without the use of certain words - then a filter is the only option.
Old 24-12-2009, 10:15 AM #44
Banned

Banned

Hi
Yobo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 10:16 AM #45

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB14: Dexter

Favourites (more):

I think it's safe to say Yobo is against the swearword filter

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."
Novo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 10:18 AM #46
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

i don't really mind if there is one or not.

Please Note : There is nothing wrong at all with being gay.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 10:18 AM #47
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
As your views are so biased - can't take them seriously either! You would say black was white - just to oppose me - and you know it!
Bollocks. So if you came into this thread supporting the removal of the swear word filter I would disagree with you? Christ almighty you are something. It's a shame that instead of answering all the points I put foward, you are diverting the course instead to make it about me and how I post. Why do you always seem to do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOMBAI
And not all adults like the use of certain swear words.
Of course not. But the majority on this poll overwhelmingly favour the removal of the filter. The moderators of this website should cater to what the majority of their loyal posters want. Not construct obscene damage control on the internet of all places, and for a show that is adult in nature in the first place!
Old 24-12-2009, 10:36 AM #48
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Bollocks. So if you came into this thread supporting the removal of the swear word filter I would disagree with you? Christ almighty you are something. It's a shame that instead of answering all the points I put foward, you are diverting the course instead to make it about me and how I post. Why do you always seem to do that?

Of course not. But the majority on this poll overwhelmingly favour the removal of the filter. The moderators of this website should cater to what the majority of their loyal posters want. Not construct obscene damage control on the internet of all places, and for a show that is adult in nature in the first place!
If 28 people represent the majority of the consistent users of this site - then maybe that figure is unlikely to increase by many. Maybe some users are put off by the use of some language - and don't come back, or use the forum more often for that reason.

I can remember a thread being created asking for more people to post - as the site was so quiet. It is understandable that many may be put off by a site that seems to be dominated by foul-mouthed teens. If the owners are happy with that - then they can go ahead and remove the filter. If not - then it may not be in their interests to do so.
Old 24-12-2009, 10:38 AM #49

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If 28 people represent the majority of the consistent users of this site - then maybe that figure is unlikely to increase by many. Maybe some users are put off by the use of some language - and don't come back, or use the forum more often for that reason.

I can remember a thread being created asking for more people to post
- as the site was so quiet. It is understandable that many may be put off by a site that seems to be dominated by foul-mouthed teens. If the owners are happy with that - then they can go ahead and remove the filter. If not - then it may not be in their interests to do so.
Although that thread was created i can remember this time last year there were less people then there are now on the site.

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."
Novo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 10:46 AM #50
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:

I can remember a thread being created asking for more people to post - as the site was so quiet. It is understandable that many may be put off by a site that seems to be dominated by foul-mouthed teens. If the owners are happy with that - then they can go ahead and remove the filter. If not - then it may not be in their interests to do so.
Your just clutching at straws now. The more arguments I give in my posts, the less you seem to respond to.

You have nothing to go on but assumptions now. You are assuming people are not posting on this forum because of the language, which personally I think is bollocks. The language does not stand out or dominate that much, it's merely a feature of some peoples posts, and crops up in others a few times too. I also think it's bollocks that this forum is dominated by people who simply curse all the time. But hey, a lie is the perfect way to follow up an unfounded assumption in order to prove your point, right?

Twenty eight people is not a huge number, but it's still quiet clear that's the way the poll is going. Right now it's something like thirty versus two. How long do you need this to go on for exactly? Sixty versus four? One hundred and twenty versus eight?

You are entitled to your own opinion but the majority quiet clearly see no need for a filter. Argue with assumptions all you want but I have that poll on my side. Invite the rest of the forum to vote. I still doubt it's going to swing your way anytime soon.

Last edited by Stu; 24-12-2009 at 10:48 AM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
filter, swear, word