Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB3 Chat about Kate, Alex, Jade Goody and anything to do with Big Brother 3!

Old 24-12-2009, 12:38 PM #1
Frozen

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Callahan
CBB 11: Rylan Clark

Frozen

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Callahan
CBB 11: Rylan Clark

Default Jackiey's first Christmas without Jade

Quote:

JADE Goody's mum kisses the cross on her daughter's snow-covered grave yesterday as she faces her first Christmas without the bubbly, life-loving "baby girl" she adored.

With the pain of her unbearable loss still etched across her face, Jackiey Budden braved the freezing cold to be with her daughter for an hour.

Heartbroken Jackiey was fighting to hold back her tears, but still managed a brave smile as she whispered words of love while kneeling next to her daughter's simple wooden cross.

The 51-year-old, who brought a miniature Christmas tree, said: "I just needed to be near my beautiful baby girl and make sure her grave was perfect for Christmas.

"She always loved this time of year and I couldn't bear the thought of her not having her own tree.

"So I have this one with all the decorations and made sure everything is how Jade would want it."

Looking physically drained but determined, she also tended the flowers still being laid on her daughter's grave by fans nine months after Jade's death from cervical cancer.

Wearing a white shawl, Jackiey cut a lonely figure in the graveyard in Upshire, Essex, as she spoke of Jade's legacy.

The reality TV star was given the news she was ill while appearing on India's version of the Big Brother show that made her famous. She flew home for emergency treatment.

After being told her disease was terminal, Jade admitted she had ignored a health letter instructing her to return to hospital following abnormal results.

She died aged 27 in March. But since her death cervical smear tests for young women have increased by 400,000. Hundreds of lives have been saved. Jackiey said: "Jade's legacy lives on and is strengthened every single time a young woman goes for a smear test when she wouldn't normally have bothered.

"I'm so proud of her."

Jackiey has recently spent two weeks with Jade's children, Bobby, six, and four-year-old Freddie. They are expected to visit Jade's grave over Christmas with TV presenter dad Jeff Brazier.

Jackiey added: "The boys miss their mummy, but they are so loved by me and their daddy we'll see them through this year and every other one. The pain will never go away, but you try and deal with it the best you can."

A family friend said: "It's times like these that Jackiey really questions why Jade was taken away.

"But her memory lives on, not just in her family, but through the hundreds of thousands of young women whose awareness of cervical cancer was raised by Jade's plight.
Pictures and story here

RIP Jade

Harry! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 01:07 PM #2
Banned

Favourites (more):
BB13 USA: Rachel
UBB: Brian

Banned

Favourites (more):
BB13 USA: Rachel
UBB: Brian

wow thats suprising, i didn't expect this to by the first christmas for jakiey without jade

WHAT A LOAD OF SHITE
ILoveTRW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
christmas, jackiey, jade