Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB7 Celebrity Big Brother 7 from 2010, which was won by Alex Reid.

Old 24-01-2010, 10:05 PM #26
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

That's possibly the best post I have ever read.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 10:09 PM #27
BUD BUD DING DING 2.99

BUD BUD DING DING 2.99

Marten stop getting personal to Judas because he dislikes your countryman.

I think most English GoalKeepers are not talented enough to play for England, and I am a Goalie myself. I am not talented enough to play for England but neither are Green, James or Robinson and most people who are English would agree. Same difference to your argument, and this thread is about Jonas but it is unfair to prove your point by comparing his talent to someone who is not a musician. Chicaine, and Paul Van Dyk are world class and puts Bass to shame.

Joe Hart all the away.
Clockers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 10:17 PM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
Your not half biased, are you? Your only on this website to plug your homeboy. All these abstract arguments you are coming out with are due to your sheer childish inability to face up to the fact that I hate someone you like.

He is the Ikea of music. Cheap and bland.
Yes, of course I'm biased. I don't like his music at all, but I think he's cool in all his nerdness. I'm glad to see a true nerd enter the celebrity big brother house.

If you serious hate someone in the house, I suggest you go visit a doctor. You know, it's all just a game, not worth hating anyone for.
Marten is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 10:21 PM #29
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Who said I hated him for real? Stop getting so anal about terms. I hate his music. I don't genuinly hate the guy.

Jesus christ. Stop scraping the barrel for arguments.
Old 24-01-2010, 10:27 PM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockers View Post
Marten stop getting personal to Judas because he dislikes your countryman.

I think most English GoalKeepers are not talented enough to play for England, and I am a Goalie myself. I am not talented enough to play for England but neither are Green, James or Robinson and most people who are English would agree. Same difference to your argument, and this thread is about Jonas but it is unfair to prove your point by comparing his talent to someone who is not a musician. Chicaine, and Paul Van Dyk are world class and puts Bass to shame.

Joe Hart all the away.
If you claim that Jonas' music is "incredibly easy to create and requires little artistic talent", doesn't that imply that you know quite a great deal about the music and the making of music? If I want to watch a football match I expect the commentator to know what he's talking about, and if you claim you know more than the commentator you better expect to be scrutinised.
Old 24-01-2010, 10:34 PM #31

Quote:
Who said I hated him for real? Stop getting so anal about terms. I hate his music. I don't genuinly hate the guy.

Jesus christ. Stop scraping the barrel for arguments.
Sorry... but you are the one calling me anal, silly, mong, brat, etc. Do you really expect me to just accept that? I have't said anything that nasty.
Old 24-01-2010, 10:37 PM #32
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

You don't need to be a recording artist to say someone's music is cheap and uncreative. Stop makng pointless comparisons.

And as it happens I do know the basic mechanics behind creating his style of tracks. He started out making cheap beats on FL Studio. Four kicks per bar. A clap or something of that nature on every second kick, hi hat's or something of that nature in between each kick, a generic, always same sounding low bassline, and a synth buzzsaw melody thrown over the top.

Always structured in the same pedantic way. Faster kicks before the chorus, so on, so on. Gatecrasher Trance circa 1997 - for kids.

He did not even create the arpeggiated melody on Now Your Gone, it was a preset that came with the software for christ sake.

I don't particularly care if I call you a brat because that's exactly what your acting like because of the simple fact that you can't respect the fact that people think his music sucks dick.
Old 24-01-2010, 10:46 PM #33

Quote:
I don't particularly care if I call you a brat because that's exactly what your acting like because of the simple fact that you can't respect the fact that people think his music sucks dick.
I've said numerous times that I don't like his music at all. It's too simplistic and quite boring. It can be catchy, but still boring. Calling it electronic is just embarrassing. DM is electronic... Basshunter is not.
Old 24-01-2010, 10:49 PM #34
Nothing in excess

Nothing in excess

All trance music is, without exception, terrible, so it's redundant to say Basshunter is a bad trance producer.
No matter that they act like senile 12-year-olds on the Today programme website - smoking illegal fags to look tough and cool. No matter that Amis coins truly abominable terms like 'the age of horrorism' and when criticised tells people to 'fuck off'. Surely we all chuckle at the strenuous ennui of his salon drawl. Didn't he once accidentally sneer his face off?
- Chris Morris - The Absurd World of Martin Amis

BB_Eye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 10:51 PM #35
BUD BUD DING DING 2.99

BUD BUD DING DING 2.99

This thread is off track, but would you think of Jonas music, do you think of Bass?
Clockers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 10:53 PM #36
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marten View Post
I've said numerous times that I don't like his music at all. It's too simplistic and quite boring. It can be catchy, but still boring. Calling it electronic is just embarrassing. DM is electronic... Basshunter is not.
It's still electronic music though. Electronic is a huge, huge genre that breaks into many other subgenres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Eye View Post
All trance music is, without exception, terrible, so it's redundant to say Basshunter is a bad trance producer.
Trance is a pretty big genre of electronic music. All the mainstream tripe is horrible but there is some great stuff under the ground if you dig for it. Lot's of tranceheads are just as embarrased about the likes of Basshunter and Tiesto as you or I.
Old 24-01-2010, 10:54 PM #37

Crap music or not Now youre gone still managed to stay at number 1 for 5 weeks. No mean feat in this day and age. He has said he has not had any time off in the last 5 years and is booked for the forseeable future. Whether you think his music is cheesy or not he is very successful at what he does and there are many that would like to be in his shoes.

Personally I don't like his music but as a person he has really surprised me. No pretences or boasting and bragging, a language barrier, fighting Tourettes, being dumped and conned by his manager and yet he has still been the most genuine, kind , down to earth person in there.
trasadkel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 10:56 PM #38
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
This thread is off track, but would you think of Jonas music, do you think of Bass?
I think of the Iranian bird from the videos .

That's another thing. The videos are all shite.

Here's Basshunter and his trendy, sexy mates out partying!

Here's Basshunter and his trendy, sexy mates at the beach!

Here's Basshunter and his trendy, sexy mates out playing in the snow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trasadkel View Post
Crap music or not Now youre gone still managed to stay at number 1 for 5 weeks. No mean feat in this day and age. He has said he has not had any time off in the last 5 years and is booked for the forseeable future. Whether you think his music is cheesy or not he is very successful at what he does and there are many that would like to be in his shoes.

Personally I don't like his music but as a person he has really surprised me. No pretences or boasting and bragging, a language barrier, fighting Tourettes, being dumped and conned by his manager and yet he has still been the most genuine, kind , down to earth person in there.
Absoloutely. I think he is quiet a good housemate and a decent bloke.
Old 24-01-2010, 10:56 PM #39
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
They are a great fish to eat, but quite hard to catch on a rod and line so Jonas has my respect in that aspect.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2010, 11:01 PM #40
Nothing in excess

Nothing in excess

Quote:
Trance is a pretty big genre of electronic music. All the mainstream tripe is horrible but there is some great stuff under the ground if you dig for it. Lot's of tranceheads are just as embarrased about the likes of Basshunter and Tiesto as you or I.
I think I made what is called a sweeping generalisation , but it seems appropriate from my experience. Even "respected" trance music from somebody like Robert Miles seems to rely on insipid tunes and is awash with all that syrupy reverb. I'm not going to pretend I have a lot of knowledge on the genre, because I've never felt compelled to explore it for these reasons.
No matter that they act like senile 12-year-olds on the Today programme website - smoking illegal fags to look tough and cool. No matter that Amis coins truly abominable terms like 'the age of horrorism' and when criticised tells people to 'fuck off'. Surely we all chuckle at the strenuous ennui of his salon drawl. Didn't he once accidentally sneer his face off?

Old 24-01-2010, 11:03 PM #41

I suppose you can listen to music for different reasons; dancing, relaxing, chilling and even shopping. Music can be considered good or bad depending on why you listen to it. I suppose Basshunter's music works alright on a dance floor, but that ought to be it.
Old 24-01-2010, 11:07 PM #42
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Eye View Post
I think I made what is called a sweeping generalisation , but it seems appropriate from my experience. Even "respected" trance music from somebody like Robert Miles seems to rely on insipid tunes and is awash with all that syrupy reverb. I'm not going to pretend I have a lot of knowledge on the genre, because I've never felt compelled to explore it for these reasons.
Hehe. It's a confusing world, alright.

Believe it or not in some circles Robert Miles is not respected because he is simply good at what many consider a bad thing. That cliched, cheesey, repetetive style of mainstream anthem trance Dutch DJ's started to churn out en mass in the 90's due to it's ease of creation and floor filling abilities.

I usually listen to psytrance. This, for instance, is considered trance ...

Probably not your thing at all, but it's a hell of a lot more inventive and different to mainstream cheese.
Old 24-01-2010, 11:16 PM #43
Nothing in excess

Nothing in excess

Quote:
Hehe. It's a confusing world, alright.

Believe it or not in some circles Robert Miles is not respected because he is simply good at what many consider a bad thing. That cliched, cheesey, repetetive style of mainstream anthem trance Dutch DJ's started to churn out en mass in the 90's due to it's ease of creation and floor filling abilities.

I usually listen to psytrance. This, for instance, is considered trance ...

Probably not your thing at all, but it's a hell of a lot more inventive and different to mainstream cheese.
Sounds very different to any trance I've heard. Quite similar to 90's techno in fact.

Old 24-01-2010, 11:22 PM #44
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Now we have done Bass to death, anyone want to talk about cod or haddock?
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bass, farts, jonas, music