Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 14-05-2010, 01:30 AM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ange7 View Post
yeah you are lol

So Are You
you Utter Down Under trouble puddle
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 01:39 AM #52

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Funny guy. Weirdly he think 'PC correctness' includes law enforcement, actual crimes and human rights.
I mean.. there are still people being killed so obviously we aren't PC enough right?
He is clever but I did get the bigger laugh at him 'outsmarting' his own self. The kids call it 'self-pwnage' but its really funnier that he is not even aware of it.
ElProximo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 05:43 AM #53

Favourites:
BB11: John James

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElProximo View Post
Funny guy. Weirdly he think 'PC correctness' includes law enforcement, actual crimes and human rights.
I mean.. there are still people being killed so obviously we aren't PC enough right?
He is clever but I did get the bigger laugh at him 'outsmarting' his own self. The kids call it 'self-pwnage' but its really funnier that he is not even aware of it.
ElProximo:"I mean.. there are still people being killed so obviously we aren't PC enough right?"
wrong .... that's you creating a straw man to argue against, problem you have is he didn't say that but you won't let that stop you lol.
Now go and create a couple fake accounts to use to agree with yourself like you did last year. :P
Did you really do that ElProximo? Create 2 accounts and then log on in all three of them and have a convo where your 2 fake account agreed with your racist rants?. That's taking the need for affirmation to a new extreme buddy. But hey you don't need to do that anymore since arista is around.
ange7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 05:44 AM #54

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
So Are You
you Utter Down Under trouble puddle
so you agree your a troll. nice
Old 14-05-2010, 05:47 AM #55

Quote:
ElProximo:"I mean.. there are still people being killed so obviously we aren't PC enough right?"
wrong .... that's you creating a straw man to argue against, problem you have is he didn't say that but you won't let that stop you lol.
Now go and create a couple fake accounts to use to agree with yourself like you did last year. :P
Did you really do that ElProximo? Create 2 accounts and then log on in all three of them and have a convo where your 2 fake account agreed with your racist rants?. That's taking the need for affirmation to a new extreme buddy. But hey you don't need to do that anymore since arista is around.

Ange you are Out Of Order
I stand Alone on this Forum.
Old 14-05-2010, 05:56 AM #56

Favourites:

Favourites:

I take it back Arista.
Your idea to micro-chipping immigrants, or failing that have numbers tattooed on their arms, should have had more support....the fact that people likened it to the nazi treatment of jews was just another case of "political correctness gone mad!!"
mahahahaa
Old 14-05-2010, 06:01 AM #57

Quote:
I take it back Arista.
Your idea to microchip immigrants or failing that have numbers tattooed on their arms should have had more support....the fact that people likened it to the nazi treatment of jews was just another case of "political correctness gone mad!!"
mahahahaa

No My Ideas are still possible.

The Microchip is getting even better in its Data
it can track even more.

I have Never said tattoo anyone
this is Typical of you to Falsehood Statements.

Down Under
a Nation built from the British Empire
some of me is in you.
Old 14-05-2010, 06:05 AM #58

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
No My Ideas are still possible.

The Microchip is getting even better in its Data
it can track even more.

I have Never said tattoo anyone
this is Typical of you to Falsehood Statements.

Down Under
a Nation built from the British Empire
some of me is in you.
No I have regular bowl movements. That part of you "in me" gets flushed away twice a day :P
Old 14-05-2010, 06:05 AM #59

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yes, he did say that. If not 'word for word' that is the implication and if you can't understand why he got this wrong then there may be no helping you sort it out.

Quote:

No surprise here but again you don't seem to be good at recognizing what is happening around you.
At no time. Never. With no exceptions. Never have I had any more than one screen-name and account here.
Now that you remind me of this - weren't you the one last season who got scolded by mods FOR this annoying accusation?

The only thing I can come up with is that you are so obsessively entrenched into some ultra-leftist PC correct socially-liberal mentality and microcosm that you simple CANNOT COMPREHEND how there could be THREE people on Earth who actually believe 'conservative type things'!?
Thats impossible!
Three posters may exist on TiBB that SOMETIMES agree with things that sound like 'right-winger' values!?!?
It can ONLY be a single person playing a 'character' with multiple accounts right?

* insult removed * - ukturtle

Last edited by Benjamin; 14-05-2010 at 06:34 AM.
Old 14-05-2010, 06:13 AM #60
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Guys can you please keep this conversation friendly and stick to the subject!

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 06:22 AM #61

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukturtle View Post
Guys can you please keep this conversation friendly and stick to the subject!
he called me a moron :P ... that's why I reported him. That's rwwwude! hehe
Plus he got banned last year for having 2 extra account .....WHO HE HAD 3 WAY CONVERSATIONS WITH :P

ok back on topic
pc haters try to make themselves out to be the victims. "ooooo it's pc gone mad!!!". Would it kill them to just say "mixed race" instead of "half **st"? But oh no poor things... being 'forced' to be a little more accommodating makes them flip out.
Old 14-05-2010, 06:28 AM #62
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:

Quote:
he called me a moron :P ... that's why I reported him. That's rwwwude! hehe
Plus he got banned last year for having 2 extra account .....WHO HE HAD 3 WAY CONVERSATIONS WITH :P

ok back on topic
pc haters try to make themselves out to be the victims. "ooooo it's pc gone mad!!!". Would it kill them to just say "mixed race" instead of "half **st"? But oh no poor things... being 'forced' to be a little more accommodating makes them flip out.
Well the discussion of him having extra accounts has nothing to with this topic or anything to do with right now (it was last year).

And i am monitoring the convo so if he insults again, then I or one of the other moderators will deal with it.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 06:31 AM #63
Banned

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Mario

Banned

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyGoth View Post
It is just a group of poems or stories put in the same book and they could be from loads of different writers.
oh right, thanks
Stacey. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 06:33 AM #64

Favourites:

Favourites:

lol turtle..I don't like this new 2 strikes policy....that you just made up 3 mins ago.
Old 14-05-2010, 07:07 AM #65

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukturtle View Post
Well the discussion of him having extra accounts has nothing to with this topic or anything to do with right now (it was last year).
There is no discussion about it. Not this year and not last year. I am not suspected of this and never was.

Besides, why would I ever want to share out the credit. I rule, my posts rule, I'm awesome and want full credit.

'Half-caste' is not used in any derogatory way. I used the term once to refer to my impending child.
The problem with 'mixed-race' is that it suggest there are different races of humans and that is something I disagree with,
but,
if someone refers to my kids as 'mixed-race' I have the responsibility to accept the communication as THEY INTENDED IT. I don't get to decide they meant offense. They decide that.
I realize they did not mean any derogatory or negative thing but rather were choosing the best words they knew and meant well.

This is the very problem with PC word-policing - it supposes there is no obligations for the receiver. There is.

I don't get to declare 'mixed-race' as offensive when it isn't. The sender decides that. If the sender does decided to pour an offensive meaning into that term then I will receive it accordingly.

I have no doubt this went right over the heads of certain people. woooosh.
Old 14-05-2010, 07:59 AM #66
Banned

Favourites (more):
CBB7: Jonas
Dancing on Ice 2010: Mikey
Banned

Favourites (more):
CBB7: Jonas
Dancing on Ice 2010: Mikey

well my real dad is a half cast i dont know what that makes me but hay but i dont find it offensive as you are not one or teh other you are both so no its not offensive .
teamandre is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-05-2010, 09:22 AM #67
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
I have Been there
You've been to school in Ireland?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-05-2010, 08:33 AM #68

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
There is no discussion about it. Not this year and not last year. I am not suspected of this and never was.

Besides, why would I ever want to share out the credit. I rule, my posts rule, I'm awesome and want full credit.

'Half-caste' is not used in any derogatory way. I used the term once to refer to my impending child.
The problem with 'mixed-race' is that it suggest there are different races of humans and that is something I disagree with,
but,
if someone refers to my kids as 'mixed-race' I have the responsibility to accept the communication as THEY INTENDED IT. I don't get to decide they meant offense. They decide that.
I realize they did not mean any derogatory or negative thing but rather were choosing the best words they knew and meant well.

This is the very problem with PC word-policing - it supposes there is no obligations for the receiver. There is.

I don't get to declare 'mixed-race' as offensive when it isn't. The sender decides that. If the sender does decided to pour an offensive meaning into that term then I will receive it accordingly.

I have no doubt this went right over the heads of certain people. woooosh.
"went right over their heads", "wooosh" ... that's all very cute but trying to belittle those that disagree with is playground stuff.
So according to you the way a person "receives" the possibly racist slur has more bearing than the it's historic context. Rubbish mate. That seem dumb to me because ignorance of a racially loaded word shouldn't excuse it. I'd hope you'd agree that if someone walked into a daycare center and shouted 'ni**ers! ni**ers!" at all the black kids that would still be a racist act DESPITE the receivers not necessarily understanding it. Your current definition ( and it is only yours thank god) would mean that a situation like that would be fine because no harm done...the receivers" didn't get it. That's a load of old ballz and possible the stupidest thing of heard from you. lol "wooosh" indeed.

The idea that the term "mixed-race" is more offensive than "half-caste" is funny. What your not understanding is how these terms were used in history and their context. "Half-caste" historically has been used to ostracize and demean the children from mixed parents and refers to them being 'lesser' or 'inferior' ... same way the term 'ni**er' was used to oppress and demean. The term 'mixed-race' has never had that history of usage. The fact that you personally are offended by it doesn't mean sh*t... it ain't all about you hehe

If you don't think it's offensive and don't know it's history..in real world situations people won't pick you up on 'half'cast' like they would with the word 'ni**er' because any idiot would have known how THAT would was used in history.

You problem is you don't want to appear racist but your too lazy or disinterested to find out which words are rubbish. You resent that 'people' need to tell you what's ok and isn't. So you throw up your hands a scream "it's political correctness gone mad!!' In fact if you had a wider circle of friends then you'd work out what is and isn't racist on your own. Better option is to make an effort to know what words are offensive and then simply use an alternative. You make out as if this is the hardest thing in the world and that somehow YOU are the victim because your 'forced' to modify a few stupid words. "oh it's political correctness gone mad!.. I can't even talk a pile of **** anymore with out someone having to fu**ing explain to me why I'm out of order". Get back under your rock then :P
Old 15-05-2010, 08:52 AM #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamhxo View Post
You've been to school in Ireland?

I visted Ireland with a Group of Yanks
and Asia Investers.

We had a Great time with the locals
who treated us well.

Sadly nowdays
they go toVeitnam
as the €uro funding is no lomger safe.
Greece has well Shafted the lot of you.
Old 16-05-2010, 12:02 AM #70

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
.... that's all very cute but trying to.....ay a person "receives" the possibly racist slur has more bearing than the it's historic context. Rub...........'t excuse it. .........ed into a daycare cente.......... act DESPITE the receivers......understanding it. .....ation lik......... be fine because no harm done...the receivers" didn't ......... load of old ballz and possible the stupidest ..........
Wow, someone blowing a gasket...

Quote:
"Half-caste" historically has been used to ostracize and demean the children from mixed parents and refers to them being 'lesser' or 'inferior' ...
I doubt that but it doesn't matter what the historical usage was. It matter what the common usage is and in what meaning the sender intends to put into the word envelope.

We could build a long list of examples but for starters you could take the word 'Moron'.
Moron had once been used as a sort of clinical term. It was not a derogatory or 'insult' term anymore than today we might use the word 'down's syndrome'.
The doctor may have determined the patient is classified as Moron and the parents tell their friends the bad news. The child is a Moron. Friends console them.
Now what happens when I call you a Moron?
You DID NOT take it in its historical context and suppose I was making a clinical analysis.
You probably did not even know it used to be a serious clinical term used to help treat patients.
Instead you accepted it the way the sender (me) most likely intended to the meaning to be received.

If the Mod hopped in saying "I expect you to be Gentlemen about this" there is no way you suppose he is identifying us as land-owners from centuries ago.

Nobody in our times uses the term 'half-caste' in a derogatory way and probably send it 'believing' it is actually a 'politically correct' and 'sensitive' term for the receiver.

Now watch you change your mind and claim it doesn't matter what the receiver 'chooses' to pour into the word but that they must accept what was intended to be delivered...

Quote:
The term 'mixed-race' has never had that history of usage. The fact that you personally are offended by it doesn't mean sh*t... it ain't all about you hehe
See that?
You insist that the intended meaning trumps whatever the receiver wants or wishes for.
In fact, the term 'mixed-race' does imply there are different races based on physical traits. The Evolutionist idea that there were different kinds of humans by appearance.
HOWEVER,
The reason I don't take offense is because I take the responsibility to discern what the 'sender' intends to convey.
In fact almost no-one is aware of the historical concept that formed that term so they are innocent of imparting that meaning.
I figure that out.
In a similar way - if the sender tells me they believe in 'races' (mongoloid, negroid, caucazoid) and thinks they ought be separated and is later heard taunting me with 'mixxxxed race mixxxxed race',
then
I interpret their use of 'mixed-race' as intending to communicate insulting and derogatory meaning.

Quote:
with the word 'ni**er' because any idiot would have known how THAT would was used in history.
Here again you are wrong. In the earliest known uses the term '******' is NOT used as a derogatory insult word. In many early uses it is the same as saying (whether accurate or not) 'Nigerians' and then even the same as today 'blacks'.
However,
It was also true that 'blacks' was deemed 'offensive' by self-appointed King Jesse Jackson and the PC crowd.
and,
Now it is not and the PC replacement word 'African Americans' is now considered more silly and outdated as 'coloured'.
but,
More to directly proving my point - a black american may very well call himself or another a ****** (see comic Patrice Oneill) where it is NOT an insult.
Why not?
after all YOU say it is?
The reason is because (in this case) the receiver correctly discerns that the sender does not pour a derogatory meaning into the word. So he receives it accordingly.

More hysterical fits...

Quote:
You problem is you don't want to appear racist but ........ou resent that 'people' need t... isn't. ........throw up your hands a scream "it's political correctness ...... friends then you'd work out what is and isn't racist ..........words are offensive an........an alternative.......... YOU are the victim ........'forced'...... modify ....stupid words........ gone mad!.. I can't even talk a pile of **** anymore ..... fu**ing explain to me why I'm out of order". Get ........under your rock then :P
I don't accept the Evolutionist concept of 'Races' the way you probably do. I think everyone came from a tiny family of people who had a big fat gene pool.
I think there are branches of the human family (not just the three big main ones) and we can suppose in general terms some are doing better than others.
This won't be because of their physical traits.
I totally reject your bogus 'all or none' demands which is senseless.
There is nothing stopping me from calling the Dutch race the biggest bunch of a-holes on the planet while at the same time thanking God for that tiny perverted technologically advanced island of Japan.

The main thing is that you self-pwned yourself and didn't learn a lesson here. I think we can agree on that.
Old 16-05-2010, 12:45 AM #71

What's wrong is that people have to tread on egg shells when speaking or writing........PC is about pandering to a bunch of babies who throw their toys out of the pram if a specific wordings of their choice is not used......

Be your self and use words respectfully appropriate. As long as no offence is intended then ignore the babies who can't recognise the difference and want to stifle free expression.......
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-05-2010, 08:01 AM #72

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Any word or combination of words can be "offensive" depending on the intent behind it - but why on earth people are determined to be "offended" by anything total strangers call them is ridiculous. I really couldn't give a toss what such people think of me or call me - their judgments of me are meaningless. It is the politically correct brigade who have given certain words and phrases the power to "offend" by seeking to ban or censure them.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 02:37 PM #73

It has NOTHING to do with being PC Banana.

Caste = latin word for pure therefore half caste = half pure

It comes from the Indian class system.

When you call someone half caste you are calling them half pure and lower class.

That^'s why it's offensive.
DigitalSid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 03:05 PM #74

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSid View Post
Caste = latin word for pure therefore half caste = half pure
It comes from the Indian class system.
When you call someone half caste you are calling them half pure and lower class.
That^'s why it's offensive.
Wrong.
See the lesson I gave you in another thread about how words work and evolve and meanings change as the users decide them.

In fact, almost everyone who uses that term today believes they are using the word 'cast'.
As in casting in a mold. As in the substance being poured into, put into (cast) the mold.
They do not even suppose it is from an Indian 'caste' system and even if they did they don't believe it is 'caste' as a latin for 'pure'.
and,
EVEN IF they supposed 'caste' referred to 'pure' they still do not intend this to mean 'less than half pure',
but,
are saying it in the sense of "My mother was pure German and my Father was pure English".
They mean that 'either half' was 'pure ___' and not that one is 'half pure and half impure'.

But none of that really matters when the truth is the modern usage will be they think and intend it to mean 'mixed-race' and in no way derogatory or demeaning.

You should also know there are PLENTY of words for which the original latin origins centuries ago would NOT mean what they do today.
If you actually applied to that rule yourself it would render you nearly speechless.
Which might be nice.

(nice.. a french town I mean huh?)
Old 17-05-2010, 03:11 PM #75

Quote:
Wrong.
See the lesson I gave you in another thread about how words work and evolve and meanings change as the users decide them.

In fact, almost everyone who uses that term today believes they are using the word 'cast'.
As in casting in a mold. As in the substance being poured into, put into (cast) the mold.
They do not even suppose it is from an Indian 'caste' system and even if they did they don't believe it is 'caste' as a latin for 'pure'.
and,
EVEN IF they supposed 'caste' referred to 'pure' they still do not intend this to mean 'less than half pure',
but,
are saying it in the sense of "My mother was pure German and my Father was pure English".
They mean that 'either half' was 'pure ___' and not that one is 'half pure and half impure'.

But none of that really matters when the truth is the modern usage will be they think and intend it to mean 'mixed-race' and in no way derogatory or demeaning.

You should also know there are PLENTY of words for which the original latin origins centuries ago would NOT mean what they do today.
If you actually applied to that rule yourself it would render you nearly speechless.
Which might be nice.

(nice.. a french town I mean huh?)
Can you not write anything in under 200 words? You do this in the main forum too. I know people don't know what it means when they say it and that they intend it to mean something different, but my explination IS why it's deemed offensive and which is what the OP was asking for and is what the term actually means.
DigitalSid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
halfcaste, offensive, term