Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2004-'08 [S1-5] Discussion of previous series (2004-2008) and the contestants. Winners were Steve Brookstein, Shayne Ward, Leona Lewis, Leon Jackson and Alexandra Burke.

Old 07-11-2005, 07:43 PM #26
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

Brenda - She is consistent, and can obviously sing. She is also doing a grand job working on her own image (the weight loss & everything). I like her, and I hope she gets a record deal. There is a place in the market for her, but I don't think she has the "X Factor"
Maria - I love Maria, but I was bitterly disappointed in this performance. A woman with a voice like Maria's simply can't cover a song by James Blunt. His voice is quite unique, and like Kiz mentioned, people will always compare, especially when the song is so recent.
Andy - I would like to see Andy coming through with something spectacular. I know he has it there, I just don't think we have seen it yet. But, to be honest, I feel it's unfair to judge him too harshly because of the week he has had. I know it's not easy for any of the contestants, but I think this week was particularly hard for Andy, with his personal loss.
Journey South - I really liked this. And, I thought it really showed how talented they are. I remember the first time I heard Sugababes sing acoustically, and I was blown away. When there is no backing track, there is no room for error, and it most definitely separates the men from the boys (metaphorically speaking!)
Nicholas - Oh dear. This was shocking. I think on the whole that Louis chooses really, really bad tracks for his acts to do, then he tries to justify it with, "we both chose it". I seriously doubt that! And, if it is true, then its abominable that he is letting them choose tracks which are so obviously unsuitable. He is, after all, supposed to be their mentor. So he ought to be able to see when he is sending them out like lambs to the slaughter.
Chico - No Comment
Chenai - She is shocking!!! I am glad she got chucked out. I can't believe she lasted this long. She didn't sound that great in her audition, and she hasn't improved much since.
Conway Sisters - I don't know that song, but I do know that they are also shocking. I can't believe they are still there. It's only ever the chipmunk one who sings. The rest just back her up. And, sorry to be shallow, but I really wish they would stop putting tight jeans and bright red boots onto the one with the big ar5e. It just draws more attention to it!!!!
Shayne - I love Shayne (to look at), but I think we are seeing that he really doesn't have what it takes. You need more than looks to be successful, and Louis is doing him no favours with his awful song choices. Give the guy a break, and send him out with something from this millennium!
lily. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
live, shows, week, x factor