Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB4 Cameron, Ray, Scott, Jon Tickle, Nush and the others from Big Brother 4 in 2003.

Old 23-11-2005, 02:38 PM #1

Default Cameron\'s Health Scare

Quote:
22 November 2005
CANCER SCARE FOR BB'S CAM

BIG Brother winner Cameron Stout yesterday revealed he had a cancer scare.

The former fish trader spoke out in a bid to make men more aware of cancer - and the need to seek help.

Cameron, 34, confessed he had delayed seeing his doctor for more than a year after he found a lump on one of his testicles.

He was given the all-clear but he's now warning other men not to make the same mistake.

Cameron, from Orkney, said: "I was one of the idiots who put off going to the doctor for months and months and months.

"I was scared and embarrassed but now I feel angry with myself for having been such a fool". But if my experience persuades just one more man to go to the doctor immediately I'll be happy."

Cancer is the biggest cause of premature death in Scotland and cases of testicular cancer are on the increase.

Devout Christian Cameron, who has forged a media career since he won Big Brother in 2003, admits he was horrified and scared at finding the lump.

And it was only when he was given a medical for a TV programme that he had to reveal his secret. He was examined and given tests, which revealed the lump was a harmless cyst.

A spokeswoman for the Everyman testicular cancer campaign urged anyone in Cameron's situation to see a doctor immediately
Daily Record story
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cameron's, health, scare