Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Football Discuss football in general, including The World Cup, Premier League and Champions League.

Closed Thread

Old 13-01-2011, 01:24 PM #3176

Quote:
Originally Posted by alc09 View Post
Nicklas Bendtner, football fake. Once again he has looked out of his depth against a Championship side - he should be shipped out by Wenger tomorrow.

It's a good job the French guy at centre back only cost Arsenal a couple of million or whatever it was - he's garbage.

Liverpool proving tonight that they have more underlying issues than just changing the manager - they have a very, very average squad.
I dont think ive ever seen Arsenals passing so average.. Song made a difference, but denilson is **** and i would have started song ahead of denilson, and Bendtner was crap, Chamakh was better than bendtner and he played like 20 minutes, Fabregas was definately frustrated.. Eboue was complete ****...

I definately think the second leg...

----------Fabianski------------
Sagna-Djourou-Koscielny-Clichy

---------Song-Wilshire---------

--Walcott---Fabregas---Nasri--

------Van Persie/Chamakh------

And i think we will go through..

Old 13-01-2011, 01:33 PM #3177

Ohh and i only had 50p left on my paddy power account so i put it on ipswich winning so i got 4.50 now lol.

Ohh yeah and... We do not want Chris Samba!! hes too inconsistant, and just not good enough..

Jan Vertorgen
Per Mertersaker

Arsenal's hopes of signing Borussia Dortmund centre-half Neven Subotic have been ended after the player's agent ruled out a move.

Old 13-01-2011, 01:35 PM #3178

Arsenal fans want Gary Cahill ahead of Per Mertesacker, but how would they each fit in to Wenger's defensive options?
Fans vote for Bolton defender, but Castrol Rankings rate German higher

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has made no secret of his desire to bring in a new central defender in the January transfer window.

Goal.com UK revealed earlier this week that Per Mertesacker is high on the Gunners' wanted list, but they face competition from Manchester United and Chelsea.

With Thomas Vermaelen, arguably the Gunners' top centre-back, currently out injured as well as Sebastien Squillaci, Johan Djourou and Laurent Koscielny are Wenger's only prominent options at centre-back.
Mertesacker has been identified as Arsenal’s main target to solve their defensive problems. However, with a £20 million price tag and competition from title rivals Chelsea and Manchester United, the north London outfit are in for a hard time to capture his signature.

Old 13-01-2011, 01:38 PM #3179

Andrei Arshavin could leave Arsenal to join Juventus, Arsenal want 20million for him, but it would pave the way for Eden Hazard to join Arsenal to fill the position.

That would be amazing.

Old 13-01-2011, 01:42 PM #3180

Fabregas says Arsenal WILL overturn Ipswich at the emirates..

And Arsene wenger may go for matthew upson on the cheap as his contract ends at the end of the season.

Old 13-01-2011, 01:43 PM #3181
Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Locke.

Favourites (more):

Would rather keep Arshavin, quality player and proven in the premiership.
Old 13-01-2011, 01:45 PM #3182

Hes good, but hes lazy.. he cant play for more then 70 minutes (in my opinion)
Hes not old but hes 29 and you can see he does struggle a bit..

And hes just not playing well enough.. hes not as fast anymore either.

Hazard on the other hand looks like a great player...
Fast, tricky young... scores and creates, and has a wicked free kick.. he would be great and im sure he would defend better.

Old 13-01-2011, 01:47 PM #3183

Owen Coyle waiting to see if he can take Carlos Vela on loan

Whilst new signing Wellington da Silva did not get a work permit and has agreed to go out on loan to Lavente.

Old 13-01-2011, 02:03 PM #3184
Locke.

Favourites (more):

Locke.

Favourites (more):

Actually do hope he does leave Arsenal though because he scores past us everytime we play you.. Ruined our title chase season before last in that 4-4 draw
Old 13-01-2011, 02:10 PM #3185
Locke.

Favourites (more):

Locke.

Favourites (more):

Think we might end up signing Charlie Adam now, here is what Holloway has said:

"I want him to go to a club which is not struggling, it's always been my goal to get him to one of the top five or six clubs,'' he said.

"Liverpool have not made an inquiry, but I would not be surprised after that. I would look at that one differently."

Bossed our midfield the other day, didn't see what the fuss was about before the game but would take him now.
Old 13-01-2011, 05:13 PM #3186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke. View Post
Think we might end up signing Charlie Adam now, here is what Holloway has said:

"I want him to go to a club which is not struggling, it's always been my goal to get him to one of the top five or six clubs,'' he said.
Doesn't that rule Liverpool out?
Old 13-01-2011, 05:58 PM #3187
Locke.

Favourites (more):

Locke.

Favourites (more):

The second part of the quote doesn't, no.

Last edited by Locke.; 13-01-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Old 14-01-2011, 01:20 AM #3188

Quote:
^^

Liverpool have prepared a £10m bid for Southampton's highly rated teenager Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain as they attempt to rebuild for the future and to back Kenny Dalglish's pledge of support for Fernando Torres with action.

The 17-year-old son of the former England international Mark Chamberlain has made only 14 starts for the League One club but is regarded by many at Southampton, and Liverpool's scouting department, as a better prospect than Theo Walcott was at the same age. Walcott's current club, Arsenal, are Liverpool's main rival for the signature of an attacking midfielder who has scored six goals this season, and the clubs hope to complete a deal in this transfer window.

This has pretty much been confirmed now. Plenty of sources saying it and our Director of football strategy was at their last game watching him.

10 mil is far too much for someone of that age though if you ask me
Arsenal are close to agreeing a £5million deal for Southampton youngster Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
Manager Arsene Wenger has moved swiftly to head off interest from Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester United in the 17-year-old.
Arsenal have a strong relationship with Southampton after signing Theo Walcott in 2006 and the Oxlade-Chamberlain transfer will be similar.
They paid £5m for Walcott with another £7m based on appearances and England caps.
Southampton are still negotiating but hope to achieve £10m for Oxlade-Chamberlain, with the player staying on loan for the rest of the season. (Daily Mail)
It had looked like Arsenal were being beaten to the punch with regards to Southampton’s latest young starlet Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain but apparently, according to this source, a deal is practically in place to bring the attacking midfielder to the Emirates.

Old 14-01-2011, 01:28 AM #3189

Immediately upon making that table, I realised these fans are geniuses. Arsenal have been an absolute shambles. My sincere apologies to every doom monger for genuinely believing in this team. How very naive of me!

The most obvious observation is that they haven’t won all their matches. We should not care that City and the Spuds have won 50 percent or less of their games or that Chelsea have a lower winning percentage than Arsenal. A club like Arsenal should be winning all their games.

Arsenal’s poor win record comes from the fact that there are no 20 goal strikers at the club, Arshavin is useless and doesn’t care, Cesc wants to be at Barca, there are no real wingers, no one can put a decent cross, and no one really wants to shoot at goal. The fact that Arsenal have scored 11 goals more than the next best just shows that we can do anything with statistics.

The central defenders are completely useless and this can be seen from the goals conceded. Arsenal are conceding 1 goal a game whereas United and Chelsea only concede 0.93! The Tiny Totts have been so good this season. They’re only conceding 1.38 goals per game. What a mistake it was to let Gallas leave. Arsene should learn from ‘Arry and buy English defenders like Dawson.

The best proof that Wenger must spend can be clearly seen from the performances of Man City. Their defensive record is even better than that of United and Chelsea!! And they’ve only lost 6 games compared to Arsenal’s 8. That’s 25 percent less losses than Arsenal. How’s that for a stat?! It doesn’t matter that they drew with Leicester City in the FA Cup or lost to a team like Lech Poznan in the Europa League.

Their loss against Arsenal at home was clearly an aberration. We all saw how great City were at the Emirates. They showed the value of buying proven central defenders and defensive midfielders. They also exposed all of Arsenal’s attacking weaknesses that I mentioned above.

Considering these facts I think it’s only fair that the fans are not getting behind the players when they’ve struggled for form. I mean why should a fan cheer someone like Arshavin who is making big bucks and not delivering. Just look at someone like Bale, now that’s a guy who should be cheered. He’s got 7 goals and 3 assists in the League at a rate of a goal or assist every 185 minutes. Just because Arshavin has 4 goals and 9 assists at a rate of a goal or assist every 108 minutes doesn’t mean he’s actually done well. Stats can even show that Arshavin’s overall contribution is better than Nasri’s who’s got a goal or assist in the League every 139 minutes. We all know that’s rubbish! Arsenal win because Nasri has been phenomenal and struggle because Arshavin has been useless.

We can all see he’s lazy and underperforming. It’s his job to lift the fans out of their miserable lives by winning matches and scoring wonder goals. It’s preposterous to suggest that fans should get behind the team or an out of form player when they’re not doing well.

I used to think Arsenal have a great squad and they’re trying hard. I think I was confused because Arsenal are the only team who are still in all four competitions. But based on the ‘facts’ discussed in this article, I’m beginning to change my mind. I’m sure there are a lot more observations that prove how wretched Arsenal have been this season. Please feel free to share your favourites.

Lol Great article.

Old 14-01-2011, 01:31 AM #3190

Manchester United target Lassana Diarra’s agent has revealed that, although his contract runs out at the end of June, he will move in January.

Diarra has struggled to make an impact at the Bernabeu so far this season but has offers from Italy to consider as well.

Diarra has experience of Premier League football, having played for Arsenal, Chelsea and Portsmouth and would be seen as a good signing for Sir Alex Ferguson.

It is thought, though, Fergie would rather bring him in on a free transfer in June because Manchester United do not need another holding midfielder yet.

However, Owen Hargreaves’ Old Trafford contract also runs out at the end of the season so Manchester United will then be in the market and would not have to pay a fee to Madrid.

If they are to sign him, though, it now looks as though they will have to move quickly as interest in the player hots up.

His agent said: “His contract with Real Madrid expires in June, but will move as early as January. Diarra is considering several bids, even from Italy.”

Old 14-01-2011, 02:38 AM #3191
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30stone View Post

Immediately upon making that table, I realised these fans are geniuses. Arsenal have been an absolute shambles. My sincere apologies to every doom monger for genuinely believing in this team. How very naive of me!

The most obvious observation is that they haven’t won all their matches. We should not care that City and the Spuds have won 50 percent or less of their games or that Chelsea have a lower winning percentage than Arsenal. A club like Arsenal should be winning all their games.

Arsenal’s poor win record comes from the fact that there are no 20 goal strikers at the club, Arshavin is useless and doesn’t care, Cesc wants to be at Barca, there are no real wingers, no one can put a decent cross, and no one really wants to shoot at goal. The fact that Arsenal have scored 11 goals more than the next best just shows that we can do anything with statistics.

The central defenders are completely useless and this can be seen from the goals conceded. Arsenal are conceding 1 goal a game whereas United and Chelsea only concede 0.93! The Tiny Totts have been so good this season. They’re only conceding 1.38 goals per game. What a mistake it was to let Gallas leave. Arsene should learn from ‘Arry and buy English defenders like Dawson.

The best proof that Wenger must spend can be clearly seen from the performances of Man City. Their defensive record is even better than that of United and Chelsea!! And they’ve only lost 6 games compared to Arsenal’s 8. That’s 25 percent less losses than Arsenal. How’s that for a stat?! It doesn’t matter that they drew with Leicester City in the FA Cup or lost to a team like Lech Poznan in the Europa League.

Their loss against Arsenal at home was clearly an aberration. We all saw how great City were at the Emirates. They showed the value of buying proven central defenders and defensive midfielders. They also exposed all of Arsenal’s attacking weaknesses that I mentioned above.

Considering these facts I think it’s only fair that the fans are not getting behind the players when they’ve struggled for form. I mean why should a fan cheer someone like Arshavin who is making big bucks and not delivering. Just look at someone like Bale, now that’s a guy who should be cheered. He’s got 7 goals and 3 assists in the League at a rate of a goal or assist every 185 minutes. Just because Arshavin has 4 goals and 9 assists at a rate of a goal or assist every 108 minutes doesn’t mean he’s actually done well. Stats can even show that Arshavin’s overall contribution is better than Nasri’s who’s got a goal or assist in the League every 139 minutes. We all know that’s rubbish! Arsenal win because Nasri has been phenomenal and struggle because Arshavin has been useless.

We can all see he’s lazy and underperforming. It’s his job to lift the fans out of their miserable lives by winning matches and scoring wonder goals. It’s preposterous to suggest that fans should get behind the team or an out of form player when they’re not doing well.

I used to think Arsenal have a great squad and they’re trying hard. I think I was confused because Arsenal are the only team who are still in all four competitions. But based on the ‘facts’ discussed in this article, I’m beginning to change my mind. I’m sure there are a lot more observations that prove how wretched Arsenal have been this season. Please feel free to share your favourites.

Lol Great article.
its a good thing your not a birmingham fan then if you think arsenal are playing ****.

I'm a sick bitch.

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 14-01-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Old 14-01-2011, 11:15 AM #3192
Locke.

Favourites (more):

Locke.

Favourites (more):

John Henry is in Liverpool this week, Luis Suarez will be partnering Torres up front in time for the Sparta Prague game.
Old 14-01-2011, 12:29 PM #3193

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedward fever View Post
its a good thing your not a birmingham fan then if you think arsenal are playing ****.
I think we will be fine soon enough.
But i dont particularly think we are playing bad its only the last 2 games.

Birmingham will be okay i think.. after a few wins.

Old 14-01-2011, 12:36 PM #3194

Wenger says he wont be selling players in january.

Old 14-01-2011, 12:38 PM #3195

Van der Vaart hails 'important' Arsenal starlet

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Rafael van der Vaart has hailed the impact of young England star Jack Wilshere as one of the most important players at North London rivals Arsenal.
The Dutch international, who moved to England at the start of the season from Real Madrid, says he watched the 19-year-old closely from the stands when the Gunners played Spurs in the Carling Cup earlier this season; a match in which Wilshere steered Arsene Wenger’s side to a 4-1 win.
Speaking at Nike Town to assembled media, the White Hart Lane fan favourite spoke warmly of Wilshere’s qualities:
“I saw him playing for Arsenal against us in the Carling Cup. I was not playing, so I had a good position in the stadium.
“I really enjoyed his game because he was the best man on the pitch. When he controls the ball he’s always free. It looks easy. But it’s the most difficult thing.
"He’s so young and he’s already so important to the team, and I respect that.”

Usually hate van der vaart for what he said before..

but well done best man on the pitch

Old 14-01-2011, 01:16 PM #3196
Locke.

Favourites (more):

Locke.

Favourites (more):

Ba going to Stoke for around 5 million, great signing at a great price
Old 14-01-2011, 02:24 PM #3197
Locke.

Favourites (more):

Locke.

Favourites (more):

Georgie Thompson looking better than ever today
Old 14-01-2011, 04:41 PM #3198
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:
BB17: Lateysha

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

Everton accept bid for Steven Pienaar. SSN reckon it's from someone abroad...

Champions 2013! #20
Thanks for everything SAF- Legend!
Proud HHH fan- TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!
Old 14-01-2011, 04:46 PM #3199
Locke.

Favourites (more):

Locke.

Favourites (more):

Inter Milan apparently.

They had no choice to accept, he rejected a new contract a while back, must be due to expire in the next few months
Old 14-01-2011, 05:13 PM #3200
TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

TIBB's RED DEVIL!!!

Favourites:

Quote:
Inter Milan apparently.

They had no choice to accept, he rejected a new contract a while back, must be due to expire in the next few months
Thanks, he'll have no chance in getting in that midfield with the likes of Sneijder, Motta etc around.

Champions 2013! #20
Thanks for everything SAF- Legend!
Proud HHH fan- TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic