Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB 1 - 5 Celebrity Big Brother series 1 to 5 from 2001-2008.

Old 25-01-2006, 06:14 PM #1

Default If Pete has even half the brains.....

...that I think he's got, then he is now aware he has lost the game.

He thinks nature screwed him, and perhaps he thinks he's rebelling, or being free, 'not caring'. ......But if he is a good man and I believe he truly is, then he is letting his demons screw him right up the backside.

I love the guy, but he blew it.. didnt he?

Good Luck Pete
abbashop79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 06:19 PM #2

Favourites (more):
BB12: Louise
X Factor 2010: Belle Amie

Favourites (more):
BB12: Louise
X Factor 2010: Belle Amie

I think there is a 1 in a trillion chance of him winning now lol, but I think hes an alright guy
sol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 06:23 PM #3

Favourites:
BB12 USA: Britney

Favourites:
BB12 USA: Britney

Yup, he DEFINATLY blew it.
Legend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 06:27 PM #4

Completely agree, he has ruined any chances (which IMHO at the begining, were pretty strong) he had of winning.
John72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 07:59 PM #5

Pete's been a total twat lately and screwed his chances. He's been deliberately belligerent and nasty to make the younger housemates look stupid. Yes it makes good TV but it won't help him win.
AndyJK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 08:29 PM #6

He never had a cat in hell's chance of winning from the second he stepped out of the limo.
CharlotteSometimes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 11:33 PM #7

I thought he had an incredibly strong chance of winning at first. I shouldve known he would be all about Pete Pete Pete.

Sad, because he seems to be intelligent, just not smart with it. I suppose he's always gotten what he wants regardless. I think he's a great laugh in small doses, and sometimes what he says is said at the right time, but theres so many inappropriate occaisions. I think he tries to be like Joanna Lumley from what's it called, umm Absolutely Fabulous? I wish he was like her, then we'd be onto a winner!
abbashop79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 11:55 PM #8

Pete Burns was a legend before the show and still win be after, He isnt a fame hungry as the rest of them and he is true to himself. He is controversial but thats whats good about him. You either love him or hate him.
GlitterEyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2006, 02:30 AM #9

Quote:
Originally posted by abbashop79

I thought he had an incredibly strong chance of winning at first. I shouldve known he would be all about Pete Pete Pete.
Whether people are prepared to admit it or not, the majority of British people are homophobic, even if they're just a part of the 'as long as they do it in private and not in front of me' brigade. That, coupled with the cosmetic surgery and the whole androgynous issue, adds up to way too many prejudices. As we saw here as early as the Marsh 'bullying' fantasy, when they see something that differs from the norm it just doesn't compute. They're not prepared to accept, because it's far easier to destroy and not put the effort in at all. If he disagrees with a woman, he's a misogynist. If he disagrees with someone from a different ethnic origin, he's a racist. The facts are immaterial from the outset, because he'd already been found guilty purely by his existence. So for those reasons alone, he never stood a chance.

The only things that anyone can really pin on him are the fact that he seemingly sided with George and ownership of a fur coat - and then several truckloads of conjecture and guess work sorely missing any real logic. It's obvious from the majority of the posts here, and the reaction of the crowd last night, that he's now public enemy number one. But if Pete was in Preston's body, he'd be odds-on favourite to win right now.
Old 26-01-2006, 01:42 PM #10
Banned

Banned

No back off Pete he was nice to George
georgesguardianangel1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2006, 01:46 PM #11

Quote:
Originally posted by georgesguardianangel1
No back off Pete he was nice to George
Strange how you've suddenly appeared as soon as Gallaway was evicted...Your not him by any chance?
Dr.G is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2006, 01:49 PM #12

Pete took it too far around about the time of the banking task,as we have discussed previously.

Rember the sexuality of previous winners of BB and You will see that it is his persistant nastiness that has lost him votes.
stoney12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2006, 01:54 PM #13

I think Pete did have a strong chance of winning in the early days of the show. He blew it, probably from the moment he ripped into Traci.
Ruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2006, 07:34 PM #14

Quote:
Originally posted by stoney12

Pete took it too far around about the time of the banking task,as we have discussed previously.

Rember the sexuality of previous winners of BB and You will see that it is his persistant nastiness that has lost him votes.
I disagreed then, and still do. Just because an opinion has been expressed here, it doesn't follow that I, or anyone else, agrees with or accepts it.

From six BB's and four CBB's, there's been one gay man that has won. So I don't see what you seem to, I'm afraid. Please don't assume that I'm gullible enough to allow sketchy statistical analysis to cloud reality. I form my opinions from what I see, not what others imagine.
Old 26-01-2006, 07:39 PM #15
Banned

Banned

I might be him I might not be what difference does it make lol Doesn't matter who I am does it brothers and sisters
ice_queen11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2006, 07:40 PM #16
Legendary Senior Member

Legendary Senior Member

First impressions were that we had a witty man on our hands, but now that has turned into realising he is a bitter and twisted man.
cc100 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2006, 08:02 PM #17

Quote:
Originally posted by CharlotteSometimes
Quote:

I disagreed then, and still do. Just because an opinion has been expressed here, it doesn't follow that I, or anyone else, agrees with or accepts it.

From six BB's and four CBB's, there's been one gay man that has won. So I don't see what you seem to, I'm afraid. Please don't assume that I'm gullible enough to allow sketchy statistical analysis to cloud reality. I form my opinions from what I see, not what others imagine.

Of course you do charlotte,thats what makes the board so entertaining and you air your views with great intelligence.
However in siding with George , Pete (for me) seemed to lose the logic that his fight with Jodie and Traci was nothing to do with the fact that they were women , but that he had the intelligence to see that they were vacuos and superficial.His fight with Rula ,was a more personal one but even then I never assumed him to be misogynist.
And as for Racist...I challenged and still will chalenge anyone for proof of that.
What happened over the banking task seemed (to me)to be nothing more from Pete than a green eyed jealousy that Chantelle and Preston were getting privlages that he was'nt.
Up until then he was all over the two of them and I thought he could see that basically they were bright,and good company.His friendship with Barrymore also seemed to evaporate in thin air.
It was sad and disheartning to see Pete moaning over the fact that Preston was wearing a sharp suit and that they were lying about a task that he knew demanded them to lie.
It lost (for me) the intelligence side to his arguments and the way he could turn on three people that he had been friends with(he adored them-his words)over such trite also seemed to be very ,very petty.
And I disargee, his sexuality has nothing to do with the public opinion on him.I know that peoples first reaction is to fix on his appearance,but its the rowing(and I still don't think he's a bully)that sticks in their minds.
On the whole gay,transexaul people on the show have lasted well into the show ,but then that like colour does not bother me one bit,it is the behaviour displayed over the course of the show that we are really reacting to.
Old 26-01-2006, 08:07 PM #18
Banned

Banned

George is lovely he's a lovely person and he doesn't show it in fear that people will use it against him
Old 26-01-2006, 09:00 PM #19

petes a living legend good luck pete
Siouxsie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2006, 09:45 PM #20

Quote:

However in siding with George , Pete (for me) seemed to lose the logic that his fight with Jodie and Traci was nothing to do with the fact that they were women , but that he had the intelligence to see that they were vacuos and superficial.His fight with Rula ,was a more personal one but even then I never assumed him to be misogynist.
And as for Racist...I challenged and still will chalenge anyone for proof of that.

What happened over the banking task seemed (to me)to be nothing more from Pete than a green eyed jealousy that Chantelle and Preston were getting privlages that he was'nt.
Up until then he was all over the two of them and I thought he could see that basically they were bright,and good company.

His friendship with Barrymore also seemed to evaporate in thin air.

It was sad and disheartning to see Pete moaning over the fact that Preston was wearing a sharp suit and that they were lying about a task that he knew demanded them to lie.
It lost (for me) the intelligence side to his arguments and the way he could turn on three people that he had been friends with(he adored them-his words)over such trite also seemed to be very ,very petty.

And I disargee, his sexuality has nothing to do with the public opinion on him.I know that peoples first reaction is to fix on his appearance,but its the rowing(and I still don't think he's a bully)that sticks in their minds.
On the whole gay,transexaul people on the show have lasted well into the show ,but then that like colour does not bother me one bit,it is the behaviour displayed over the course of the show that we are really reacting to.
I agree with that, other than the loss of logic part. His issue was as much with Preston as it was with Chantelle, and even though she's harmless and has never really irritated me (until tonight) she most certainly scores very highly as far as vacuousness is concerned.

There quite probably was an element of jealousy in his response. But (and I refer to the cross-section of opinions here, rather than what I've seen of your own) I don't think that's enough reason to bash him. The environment they're in exaggerates all of their failings, and envy is emotion we all have, but have to try and resist. In their situation, maturity goes out of the window to a certain degree. Still, is that incident any worse than Barrymore's rant at Dennis, the keeper of the cigarettes? Or Maggot's disingenuous 'threats', constant stirring, and frankly quite stomach churning pursuit of the drunken Malibu Traci? Or Preston's constant flirting with Chantelle, whilst supposedly already in a committed relationship? They've all done things that we don't think are reasonable and/or that have annoyed us, and I don't think one incident is enough to rush to judgement. Whether people are prepared to accept it or not, he's made this series what it is single-handed.

There haven't been any late night sessions between the two of them recently, but I don't see it running any deeper than that.

I've already covered that above.

It's not just an issue of sexuality though, is it? It's also the cosmetic surgery and the androgyny, too. That's three prejudices from the outset, and whilst homosexuality may be accepted (to a degree) by the public, everyone hates 'a sissy'. And that also makes him a massive contradiction, because his directness and refusal to suffer fools gladly distorts the stereotype. And most would prefer to light torches than turn the lights on.
Old 26-01-2006, 10:24 PM #21

Well reasoned as always.I guess for me,as a long time Pete defender on the board I felt saddened by his actions.But,yep they are all human and it is a game to be played.

I guess for me it was the (makosi)'I'm pregnant'moment for pete,when you just can't follow anymore.But hey,we've all got our views which is why I'm fixed to BB every year.
Old 26-01-2006, 11:26 PM #22

LOL! I had a real dislike for Makosi long before the immaculate conception, but that really did put her beyond redemption. I initially liked Kemal a lot, but when his resolve buckled and he became a slavish lapdog to Makosi, he lost most of his entertaining qualities in the process. He made a comeback of sorts, but it was too little too late for me, really.
Old 27-01-2006, 07:55 AM #23
Banned

Banned

I didn't like Makoski either... I thought she was over the top and playing to the cameras
Old 27-01-2006, 08:32 AM #24

I'm with stoney on this - I don't think Pete's cosmetic surgery or sexuality has anything to do with people not liking him. Nadia has had extensive cosmetic surgery, and not only did she win with a big majority, she has also since been voted most popular housemate ever! I love to hear other points of view though, because what a boring board it would be otherwise! Pete is so distinctive in terms of his looks that I can imagine a lot of people had a knee-jerk reaction to seeing him. However, there seemed to be a lot of support for him in the early days - he was even favourite to win at one point I believe. I think his behaviour has let him down on several occasions. Of course, it's true that all of the other housemates have displayed unsavoury behaviour too - but that is often glossed over, depending on how BB wants the public to perceive particular housemates.
Ruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2006, 08:34 AM #25
Banned

Banned

Pete's my friend so I'm not going against him

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
brains, half, pete