Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB11 Channel 4's last Big Brother series started June 2010. Josie Gibson was the winner. All the gossip about the Big Brother 11 house, series and housemates here!

Old 17-08-2010, 02:05 AM #1

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Favourites (more):
Default David's 'Locktight' Secret Contract and the Media 'gag orders'...

Several members of the forum have posted about this and so far all we are told is this much:

Big Brother believed they sought out David and in 'good faith' invited him to sign onto BB only to find out later than David had in fact tricked them into signing him... somehow.
OK.

The more intriguing part is the reports of David's 'lockdown' or 'locktight' contract,
and,
somehow an agreement has been made or 'forced' on all other media, reporters, news orgs whereby they CANNOT report on what is referred to as Davids 'real income' or 'real way he earns money'.

Basically, David and C4 know some secret and have put a 'gag order' on anyone reporting it.

I wonder if we have anyone here with any kind of 'insider information' that might just help us understand the 'who what and why' behind all this?
ElProximo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 02:09 AM #2
Just Say Yo! To Coke

Favourites (more):
BB16: Marc
CBB15: Perez Hilton
Just Say Yo! To Coke

Favourites (more):
BB16: Marc
CBB15: Perez Hilton

Sounds like fiction to me.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z314/EUBANKBENN/BANNEER.jpg
Colbert-Bump is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 02:15 AM #3
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Yeah because of all the media would willingly gag themselves for insider scoops and exclusives on BB. Instead of just dishing the dirt they have found out through a little investigation.

About the worst conspiracy theory I have heard recently.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 02:41 AM #4

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasown View Post
Yeah because of all the media would willingly gag themselves for insider scoops and exclusives on BB. Instead of just dishing the dirt they have found out through a little investigation.

About the worst conspiracy theory I have heard recently.
One of the members here 'fingers' is quite certain about this and seems to know a lot more about it.
Maybe he or she can shed more light on the 'who and what and why' behind this whole 'secret contract'.

-Yes, I agree Shas - it would be extraordinary for the media to willingly silence this kind of information.
-IF this was at the orders of a Judge then it becomes borderline a serious 'freedom of speech/media' issue that Parliament would need to answer for.

The way I see it - C4 competition may LOVE to report something scandalizing their rivals.
It would have to be some kind of amazing issue here for them to willingly suppress something that could be a huge 'win' for them in ratings and consequently advertisers.

Maybe C4 has PAID OFF the media??
Old 17-08-2010, 02:56 AM #5
...rain cloud of doom!

Favourites:
BB11: Sam
...rain cloud of doom!

Favourites:
BB11: Sam

pmsl

No gagging order. Its simple the widespread media doesnt give a toss about BB anymore, and havent for several years now. BB still produces a little interest, but since Dave isnt fit for "Torso of the Week" in Heat, theyve ignored him. And since he isnt a 32 DD, The Sun has ignored him!
Sammi_Who is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 03:40 AM #6

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi_Who View Post
pmsl
Dave isnt fit for "Torso of the Week" in Heat, theyve ignored him. And since he isnt a 32 DD, The Sun has ignored him!
Then surely there is a place for him in 'Nuts Readers Photos' section

Then again, 'Nuts' must also be under this 'media blackout order' as you can see they have said nothing about David's 'real earnings'.
Old 17-08-2010, 07:30 AM #7
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

Where did you get this report ? a couple of years ago when the press were BB mad ,this would have made front page news ,now you have to put your readers on to find a 4"x 2" paragraph about bb
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 07:50 AM #8

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

This is Dave from Pontypool, not Mother Therressa from Calcutta, lmao lets see what fingers comes up with.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 07:52 AM #9
Senior Member I Told You

Senior Member I Told You

I don't think it's a big scandal, don't care enough to check what's going on with his videos, but I do think Dave's done a lot of self-editing in the house in regards to his religious views. And why wouldn't he, given the typical BB voter? Not any big conspiracy, just game play like everyone else.
stonedape is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 07:55 AM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedape View Post
I don't think it's a big scandal, don't care enough to check what's going on with his videos, but I do think Dave's done a lot of self-editing in the house in regards to his religious views. And why wouldn't he, given the typical BB voter? Not any big conspiracy, just game play like everyone else.

I think you will find he wanted to go into the house and be Dave, not Dave the minister, it says so on his bio page on official bb.
Old 17-08-2010, 08:38 AM #11

It's a ridiculous theory.

What we're saying here is that we cant stop stories about our top sportsmen, political figures, celebrities etc, but somehow some fella from Wales who no one has ever heard of until 8 weeks ago has managed to silence the entire British investigative media, and get a contract with Endemol and C4 that basically covers his ass for pretty much anything.

Cobblers.
Old 17-08-2010, 08:53 AM #12
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElProximo View Post
One of the members here 'fingers' is quite certain about this and seems to know a lot more about it.
Maybe he or she can shed more light on the 'who and what and why' behind this whole 'secret contract'.

-Yes, I agree Shas - it would be extraordinary for the media to willingly silence this kind of information.
-IF this was at the orders of a Judge then it becomes borderline a serious 'freedom of speech/media' issue that Parliament would need to answer for.

The way I see it - C4 competition may LOVE to report something scandalizing their rivals.
It would have to be some kind of amazing issue here for them to willingly suppress something that could be a huge 'win' for them in ratings and consequently advertisers.

Maybe C4 has PAID OFF the media??
I'm flattered that again you have to resort to lying to make YOUR story sound good, " 'fingers' seems to know a lot more about it," don't make me laugh! clutching at straws now, are we?
Old 17-08-2010, 08:54 AM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchinittoomuch View Post
It's a ridiculous theory.

What we're saying here is that we cant stop stories about our top sportsmen, political figures, celebrities etc, but somehow some fella from Wales who no one has ever heard of until 8 weeks ago has managed to silence the entire British investigative media, and get a contract with Endemol and C4 that basically covers his ass for pretty much anything.

Cobblers.

It seems to start with David somehow 'tricking' BB into believing they were inviting him but that is just a prelude to the scandalous part.
The real heart of this seems to be how Dave really makes his living.

Yeah, the media has been forced into silence (according to this story) and I want to know how.
As you mentioned - they can barely keep information about trials secret when a Judge has ordered a temporary reporting ban.

Could it be 'self-imposed' I don't see how or why?
Did C4 get a Judge to impose this legally or maybe just heavyweights in the media 'pressured' their peers?

You would be right about this - it would be extraordinary and surely mind-boggling story considering this is just a BB contestant from Wales who may have the power of an obscure fringe 'church' behind him.

He does have a lot of Youtube subscribers.. ..could this involve Youtube Lawyers somehow??

update:
Quote:
I'm flattered that again you have to resort to lying to make YOUR story sound good, " 'fingers' seems to know a lot more about it," don't make me laugh! clutching at straws now, are we?
I don't know what 'clutching at straws' means to you but it's true that it seemed to me you knew a lot more about this.
You wrote:
Quote:
The only reason he is still in there is because the Press have a gagging order to NOT report his real life outside the house.
Here:
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...3&postcount=38

Of course you are also certain he is a 'conman' and have hinted at some special knowledge about David being involved in 'cons',
but,
I'd be happy if you can just clarify what you meant about the 'gagging order on the Press'

Was that order put on there by a Judge?

You seem to have inside knowledge about when this can be revealed (I suppose lifting the gagging order),
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...57&postcount=5
Where you write:
Quote:
All will be revealed once he is evicted and his contract comes to an end.

fingers, please clarify?

Last edited by ElProximo; 17-08-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 17-08-2010, 08:58 AM #14
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

We're talking about Dave - Big Brother Housemate and small-time Religious Doctor Feelgood. If the House of Commons couldn't gag the Guardian over the expenses scandal, how could anyone ever think they would be willing to put up with a gag over Dave's small little life? The press are pretty much a law unto themselves and if they haven't printed anything about Dave, it's because there's nothing worth printing that would sell them an extra few copies.

Daftest thing I've read on here since last night.

Last edited by Livia; 17-08-2010 at 09:37 AM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 08:59 AM #15

Quote:
It seems to start with David somehow 'tricking' BB into believing they were inviting him but that is just a prelude to the scandalous part.

Yeah, the media has been forced into silence (according to this story) and I want to know how.
As you mentioned - they can barely keep information about trials secret when a Judge has ordered a temporary reporting ban.

Did C4 get a Judge to impose this legally or maybe just heavyweights in the media 'pressured' their peers?

You would be right about this - it would be extraordinary and surely mind-boggling story considering this is just a BB contestant from Wales who may have the power of an obscure fringe 'church' behind him.

He does have a lot of Youtube subscribers.. ..could this involve Youtube Lawyers somehow??

I think it's just an idea (I have seen it on another forum aswell) that people have because they cant understand why everyone isnt as incredulous about him as they are...pretty much impossible to put into practice though, and that would have to be some serious legal team Dave has behind him aswell.

There's also the fact that BB actually approached Dave to go in the house....just like they did with Caiomhe aswell...they knew the characters they wanted and went after them...Dave is there to inspire controversy and attract viewers, simple. It's worked too.
Old 17-08-2010, 09:15 AM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
..pretty much impossible to put into practice though, and that would have to be some serious legal team Dave has behind him aswell.
And that was more my main question to Fingers:
- Is the 'gagging order' a result of C4 Lawyers going after it (with their sizable legal team),
or,
Is this something David's people went after?

Of course it could be that BOTH C4 and David (and his people) are both agreeing they would both want?

Of course there is even the possibility it is neither of them who sought the gagging order?
Some 'third power' or even 'powers' went to get this hushed up and the media ban whether C4 or David liked it or not?

Fingers.. maybe you can clarify or give us some kind of insight here?
Old 17-08-2010, 09:22 AM #17
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Quote:
And that was more my main question to Fingers:
- Is the 'gagging order' a result of C4 Lawyers going after it (with their sizable legal team),
or,
Is this something David's people went after?

Of course it could be that BOTH C4 and David (and his people) are both agreeing they would both want?

Of course there is even the possibility it is neither of them who sought the gagging order?
Some 'third power' or even 'powers' went to get this hushed up and the media ban whether C4 or David liked it or not?

Fingers.. maybe you can clarify or give us some kind of insight here?
No way will i respond to your lying taunts, so forget it, mr conspiracy theorist know it all.
Old 17-08-2010, 09:33 AM #18
User banned

User banned

Quote:

update:

I don't know what 'clutching at straws' means to you but it's true that it seemed to me you knew a lot more about this.
You wrote:

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...3&postcount=38

Of course you are also certain he is a 'conman' and have hinted at some special knowledge about David being involved in 'cons',
but,
I'd be happy if you can just clarify what you meant about the 'gagging order on the Press'

Was that order put on there by a Judge?

You seem to have inside knowledge about when this can be revealed (I suppose lifting the gagging order),
http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...57&postcount=5
Where you write:

[/I]

fingers, please clarify?
Some people are all talk and no action when it comes to Dave - I would take it with a pinch of salt if I were you. They are just so desperate to get Dave out - they will say anything!
WOMBAI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 09:37 AM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers View Post
No way will i respond to your lying taunts, so forget it, mr conspiracy theorist know it all.
Clear them up then?
Are you saying you do NOT know anything about this 'gagging order'?
You wrote:
Quote:
The only reason he is still in there is because the Press have a gagging order to NOT report his real life outside the house.
Are you saying that IF the Press could report this 'mystery' information then Police would remove Dave?
C4 would?
Or are you just saying viewers would have voted him out if they knew this 'secret info' about Dave?

Hey, if you take the time to respond and tell me I'm all wrong then why not just tell us what you DO know?
Old 17-08-2010, 09:42 AM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

come on fingers man the **** up.
Old 17-08-2010, 09:56 AM #21
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers View Post
How is Elproximo lying exactly fingers?

He has simply quoted your own posts. They are not taken out of context are they?

Did you post them or did someone hack your account to sully your name on this forum?

Surely its you making the conspiracy theory about the media either agreeing not to print about Dave or being gagged for some reason?

Last edited by Shasown; 17-08-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 09:59 AM #22

Come on chaps, dont make this all about fingers, loads of FMs on here have accused Dave of allsorts. No witch hunts, doesnt matter who is it
Old 17-08-2010, 10:05 AM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Fingers just needs to air the proof or tell us all how he knows this remarkable fact of his!!
Old 17-08-2010, 10:28 AM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Come on chaps, dont make this all about fingers, loads of FMs on here have accused Dave of allsorts. No witch hunts, doesnt matter who is it

True but I just mentioned that Fingers seems to have some special knowledge about the situation.
He is somehow aware of the gagging order itself and knows it will be broken after David's contract runs out with BB.
(this is usually something like a 16 month contract I'm told).

But yes, the invitation was for anyone who knows a little more to please come and shed some light. Fingers or any other forum members?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
contract, david, gag, locktight, media, orders, secret