Notices

Ultimate BB Ultimate Big Brother started 24th August 2010 after the BB11 final and ran for 18 days. It was won by Brian Dowling. All the gossip about the UBB series and housemates here!

Old 25-08-2010, 11:19 AM #51
Nothing in excess

Nothing in excess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony1104 View Post
Why on earth would bb think makosi deserves a place in the ubb house? Why ??? Where is victor ? Pete ? Kate ? At least they were entertaining. And who could forget alex ?

Makosi aaaaargh
Lol, Pete and Kate? Entertaining?
No matter that they act like senile 12-year-olds on the Today programme website - smoking illegal fags to look tough and cool. No matter that Amis coins truly abominable terms like 'the age of horrorism' and when criticised tells people to 'fuck off'. Surely we all chuckle at the strenuous ennui of his salon drawl. Didn't he once accidentally sneer his face off?
- Chris Morris - The Absurd World of Martin Amis

BB_Eye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 11:20 AM #52
One, but not the same.

Favourites (more):
BB11: Josie
X Factor 2010: Katie Waissel
One, but not the same.

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by skkc16 View Post
Well good response that, just because I have made observations and formed my opinion doesn't mean I have a chip on my shoulder...I don't get why people are quick to shut down anyone who raises the race question it is relevant and yet some people don't even read the post they just say "yawn" without reading what had been written yaaawn
BTW my issues wasn't with just race it was black women, which is both race and gender
Its just everytime a black person gets evicted, booed etc, there is always someone who raises the race issue and its wearing very thin.
Dont get me wrong, if there was one, I would be fighting in your corner for sure.

U2 San Sebastian Sept 2010
Sunday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 12:19 PM #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
Its just everytime a black person gets evicted, booed etc, there is always someone who raises the race issue and its wearing very thin.
Dont get me wrong, if there was one, I would be fighting in your corner for sure.
Fair enough i guess...i do think sometimes its uncalled for but at times it is within reason, for example jo's awful booing i dont think she did anything to deserve that tbh but oh well, i'll give it a rest for now
Old 25-08-2010, 12:26 PM #54

Quote:
I didn't watch 24/7 but I watched LF a lot and she was entertaining IMO
I never said she wasn't "entertaining" - most of the "storylines" of BB6 centred around her, but her part in them led me to believe that she was not a nice person .....
Omah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 12:30 PM #55
One, but not the same.

Favourites (more):
One, but not the same.

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Fair enough i guess...i do think sometimes its uncalled for but at times it is within reason, for example jo's awful booing i dont think she did anything to deserve that tbh but oh well, i'll give it a rest for now
Cool, the booing thing is awful for them all, especially when they are generally nice people, boring people dont deserve the boo's either, just the nasty ones.

Old 25-08-2010, 12:41 PM #56

Is this thread serious?

She's one of the best housemates we ever had imo. She lied, cheated, stole and basically made her series really. She backstabbed everyone in there and sold them all out, outlasting every single "friend" she had by smart tactics.

When she got evicted it was a huge thing because they had to beef up security, if I remember correctly they had people threatening to bottle her and stuff becuse she was SUCH a total cow. She really did get a reaction from the viewers which is brilliant and as much as you hated her, you HAD to keep watching to see what she was up to.

IMO she's one of the most deserving in there, a BB LEGEND.

Last edited by LaLaLand; 25-08-2010 at 12:43 PM.
LaLaLand is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 01:11 PM #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnii View Post
Is this thread serious?

She's one of the best housemates we ever had imo. She lied, cheated, stole and basically made her series really. She backstabbed everyone in there and sold them all out, outlasting every single "friend" she had by smart tactics.

When she got evicted it was a huge thing because they had to beef up security, if I remember correctly they had people threatening to bottle her and stuff becuse she was SUCH a total cow. She really did get a reaction from the viewers which is brilliant and as much as you hated her, you HAD to keep watching to see what she was up to.
I wouldn't disagree with any of that .....
Old 25-08-2010, 01:13 PM #58
Nothing in excess

Nothing in excess

Makosi seems to be getting louder on LF.
No matter that they act like senile 12-year-olds on the Today programme website - smoking illegal fags to look tough and cool. No matter that Amis coins truly abominable terms like 'the age of horrorism' and when criticised tells people to 'fuck off'. Surely we all chuckle at the strenuous ennui of his salon drawl. Didn't he once accidentally sneer his face off?
- Chris Morris - The Absurd World of Martin Amis

BB_Eye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 01:22 PM #59
I'm getting angry

Favourites:
BB11: John James
I'm getting angry

Favourites:
BB11: John James

maybe people don't like Makosi cause she's a self confessed hooker ?
Showstopper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 04:06 PM #60

Quote:
Well good response that, just because I have made observations and formed my opinion doesn't mean I have a chip on my shoulder...I don't get why people are quick to shut down anyone who raises the race question it is relevant and yet some people don't even read the post they just say "yawn" without reading what had been written yaaawn
BTW my issues wasn't with just race it was black women, which is both race and gender
Wouldn't you think it was pathetic if we said, wow so many racists out there towards people who come from Australia... That John James got booed so badly and no one liked him, it must be because he was from Australia... I mean why else would they boo him?

You must see its stupid to say what you are saying, John James is disliked because of his behaviour in the house, Makosi is disliked because of her behaviour in the house.

Jovan got booed because he was very bitchy in the house, Sunshine got booed because she was stupid and annoying in the house.

Laura got booed because she was a boring housemate, Jo got booed because she was a boring housemate.

Where is the difference in the above?

Who won Big Brother 8? Brian Belo! What colour was Brian Belo?
One of the most beloved housemates of all time was Brian Belo.

Who won Celebrity Big Brother 5? What colour race AND sex was the winner of CBB5?

Ask yourself, why did the above two people win BB? did they have on the whole nice personalities? YES! Why did Josie win BB this year, because on the whole she has a nice personality.

Over the series there have been many popular housemates who finished in the final stages who were not white or English, many popular and well liked people as well as many unpopular and disliked people. This is the same for white HMs too. It is very sad that you can't see this.

Why are you seeing racism where none exists? People are booed, evicted, liked, disliked because of there behaviour in the show
This is why people are quick to shut you down, because you are seeing something that just isn't there and its frankly very annoying and immature. You need to really think about this because you are going to live a sad frustrated life if you carry on thinking like this. You have got a chip on your shoulder and the sooner you get rid of it the better, you also need to realise that you do not project anything positive that helps race relations by having this attitude.

Ask yourself, what is it that you really want? Do you want people to cheer for people like Jo and Jovan and pretend to like Makosi, ignoring there bad points just because they are black? Do you really want people to patronise black people in this way? Wouldn 't this just be another form of racism? Isn't it better that everyone is treated the same be it positive or negative, no matter what colour or race backround they have?
Astaril is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 04:49 PM #61
Banned

Banned

I disagree. She was one of the most talked about VILLAINS of Big Brother of all time and as Nikki says she is more remembered than Anthony etc.

If someone said BB6 HM8 my 1st thought is Makosi!
Mr XcX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2010, 05:01 PM #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astaril View Post
Wouldn't you think it was pathetic if we said, wow so many racists out there towards people who come from Australia... That John James got booed so badly and no one liked him, it must be because he was from Australia... I mean why else would they boo him?

You must see its stupid to say what you are saying, John James is disliked because of his behaviour in the house, Makosi is disliked because of her behaviour in the house.

Jovan got booed because he was very bitchy in the house, Sunshine got booed because she was stupid and annoying in the house.

Laura got booed because she was a boring housemate, Jo got booed because she was a boring housemate.

Where is the difference in the above

Who won Big Brother 8? Brian Belo! What colour was Brian Belo?
One of the most beloved housemates of all time was Brian Belo.

Who won Celebrity Big Brother 5? What colour race AND sex was the winner of CBB5?

Ask yourself, why did the above two people win BB? did they have on the whole nice personalities? YES! Why did Josie win BB this year, because on the whole she has a nice personality.

Over the series there have been many popular housemates who finished in the final stages who were not white or English, many popular and well liked people
as well as many unpopular and disliked people. This is the same for white HMs too. It is very sad that you can't see this.

Why are you seeing racism where none exists? People are booed, evicted, liked, disliked because of there behaviour in the show
This is why people are quick to shut you down, because you are seeing something that just isn't there and its frankly very annoying and immature. You need to really think about this because you are going to live a sad frustrated life if you carry on thinking like this. You have got a chip on your shoulder and the sooner you get rid of it the better, you also need to realise that you do not project anything positive that helps race relations by having this attitude.

Ask yourself, what is it that you really want? Do you want people to cheer for people like Jo and Jovan and pretend to like Makosi, ignoring there bad points
just because they are black? Do you really want people to patronise black people in this way? Wouldn 't this just be another form of racism? Isn't it better that everyone is treated the same be it positive or negative, no matter what colour or race backround they have?
could you be any more patronising 1st) I didn't say people should pretend to like makosi but I said i'm just shocked at the amount of hatred some people have for her, and it seems a lot of people aren't even giving her a chance (watch last night's BBBM),
(2nd) Australian is not a race it's a nationality and yes I agree John was booed because he was nasty, in fact nastier than Makosi but funnily enough he was cheered for last night when walking in, it seems some have already forgiven him after 5 days but 5 years later makosi still got the most booes of the night
Old 25-08-2010, 05:25 PM #63
Senior Member I Told You

Senior Member I Told You

She is the most memorable, talked about housemate from one of the most memorable, talked about seasons. Disliking the tits, the ego, I can get. But claiming Makosi doesn't deserve a slot is a joke.
stonedape is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 12:53 AM #64

Quote:
could you be any more patronising 1st) I didn't say people should pretend to like makosi but I said i'm just shocked at the amount of hatred some people have for her, and it seems a lot of people aren't even giving her a chance (watch last night's BBBM),
(2nd) Australian is not a race it's a nationality and yes I agree John was booed because he was nasty, in fact nastier than Makosi but funnily enough he was cheered for last night when walking in, it seems some have already forgiven him after 5 days but 5 years later makosi still got the most booes of the night
First of all - My post wasn't patronising, people like you annoy me so it may not have been written in the nicest way but it isn't patronising.
Second - you do imply that people should not express any negative feelings towards her because when they do they are OBVIOUSLY racist! You imply this here...

Quote:
dunno why people are targetting makosi....oh wait I do she's a black woman so she is an easy target guess I just have to get used to the injustice of it all
and here...
Quote:
No I won't knock it off and my point wasn't just racism but sexism as well. I can't help but think, would she be hated that much if she was British nationality or even White. I think the pregnancy thing was idiotic but she wasn't nasty she didn't hurt anyone's feelings
Third, An error with the Australia and race thing, but I think you get the idea, its the same point. John James did have a nice side to him though, and young girls like him because he is good looking that explains the cheers and forgiveness. Makosi has a diva attitude, she is arragant and loves herself tooo much, what she said in her VT was like "who do you think you are?" No one likes woman who behave like this, that is why Racheal 1 was voted out in the first week (I really liked her for the record because I thought she would be an interesting housemate, but its teenage girls that mostly vote on BB and they would not have liked this), if a white woman said this it would be the same! She is also known to have links with Mugabe through his cousin so there is a lot not to like about Makosi but it has NOTHING to do with her colour!
Old 26-08-2010, 12:59 AM #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snukey View Post
There is no one in from BB8 BB9 or BB10. I hope on friday when 2 newbies go in they are from them series.
BB8 - Charley
BB9 - Rex
BB10 - Marcus

oddballmisfitsFTW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 12:59 AM #66

forgot to add - I am glad Makosi is a housemate, think she deserves place as she was very entertaining and memorable. She looks REALLY bad though, she used to be beautiful and trendy cool but now she looks really old and dated, like someone who is age 50 trying to look 20 again. Really bad look.
Old 26-08-2010, 09:02 AM #67
One, but not the same.

Favourites (more):
One, but not the same.

Favourites (more):

Quote:
First of all - My post wasn't patronising, people like you annoy me so it may not have been written in the nicest way but it isn't patronising.
Second - you do imply that people should not express any negative feelings towards her because when they do they are OBVIOUSLY racist! You imply this here...

and here...

Third, An error with the Australia and race thing, but I think you get the idea, its the same point. John James did have a nice side to him though, and young girls like him because he is good looking that explains the cheers and forgiveness. Makosi has a diva attitude, she is arragant and loves herself tooo much, what she said in her VT was like "who do you think you are?" No one likes woman who behave like this, that is why Racheal 1 was voted out in the first week (I really liked her for the record because I thought she would be an interesting housemate, but its teenage girls that mostly vote on BB and they would not have liked this), if a white woman said this it would be the same! She is also known to have links with Mugabe through his cousin so there is a lot not to like about Makosi but it has NOTHING to do with her colour!

You have raised some very good points Astaril and written far better than I could have done.

Old 26-08-2010, 09:17 AM #68

Quote:
forgot to add - I am glad Makosi is a housemate, think she deserves place as she was very entertaining and memorable. She looks REALLY bad though, she used to be beautiful and trendy cool but now she looks really old and dated, like someone who is age 50 trying to look 20 again. Really bad look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janaddy86 View Post
From @sarajcox when Makosi entered the house.

"She looks like a diana Ross tribute act who's been locked in Greggs for a month."

Indeed she does .....

Last edited by Omah; 26-08-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 26-08-2010, 09:37 AM #69
It's lacroix darling

Favourites (more):
BB12: Heaven
UBB: Makosi

It's lacroix darling

Favourites (more):
BB12: Heaven
UBB: Makosi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony1104 View Post
Why on earth would bb think makosi deserves a place in the ubb house? Why ??? Where is victor ? Pete ? Kate ? At least they were entertaining. And who could forget alex ?

Makosi aaaaargh
Because Makosi shagged someone in the Jacuzzi. And then she thought she was pregnant. She's a bit of a slag and she's kinda funny too so, she is a good housemate.

Last edited by Niall; 26-08-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Niall is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 09:53 AM #70

If only I had a Ł1 for everytime I heard someone say... "it's because he/she is black"
RaNDoM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 10:38 AM #71

Favourites (more):
BB12: Mark
CBB8: Amy

Favourites (more):
BB12: Mark
CBB8: Amy

I think she was a great housemate in terms of entertainment and good at the secret tasks but I didn't like her lol Never understood how she didn't get nominated and put up for eviction and then got third place :O She was really loud and a really big character in her year and now in UBB, she seems to be really quiet and not doing or saying anything It's really weird lol.
Kaaarenn! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:24 AM #72
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

A guest was viewing this thread and I can now officially reveal that it has been declared the worst of all time
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:25 AM #73
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

Quote:
So much hate on here damn, I think ulrika and Preston are the ones who should be replaced dunno why people are targetting makosi....oh wait I do she's a black woman so she is an easy target guess I just have to get used to the injustice of it all
Drag it!

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:26 AM #74
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele