Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Ultimate BB Ultimate Big Brother started 24th August 2010 after the BB11 final and ran for 18 days. It was won by Brian Dowling. All the gossip about the UBB series and housemates here!

Old 31-08-2010, 09:13 PM #26
ad augusta per angusta

ad augusta per angusta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omen View Post
I said she was a terrible winner and that's mild. She had no balls and wormed her way to a win by pulling the wool over a significant number of the viewers. She got in on a false prospectus, her video could not have been more unlike her. She was completely fake and obsequious.
Her video was very much like her all the way.

So she is proud of her bum. So she has a laugh.

What do you want her to do? Run around swearing all the time and showing her bum to the cameras?

Last edited by MassiveTruck; 31-08-2010 at 09:14 PM.
MassiveTruck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 09:19 PM #27
Jaydaughter

Favourites:
CBB 10: Mike ‘The Situation’
BB13: Adam

Jaydaughter

Favourites:
CBB 10: Mike ‘The Situation’
BB13: Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
The girl did Nothing

Jayson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 09:44 PM #28
Senior Member I Told You

Senior Member I Told You

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveTruck View Post
Her video was very much like her all the way.

So she is proud of her bum. So she has a laugh.

What do you want her to do? Run around swearing all the time and showing her bum to the cameras?

There has never been a VT that correlated less to the person we saw in the Big Brother house than Rachel Rice.

Here is her VT:

She never talked even half as fast as she did here. There's talking fast because you're excited, and then there's acting. This is the latter. She claims to be loud chatty and energetic, she wasn't. She claims to be somewhere between energetic and boring, she wasn't. Can't handle silence? Practically mute. Bossy? As a piece of furniture. Proud of her bum? Laughable.

Her VT was my favorite on launch, but it was total BS and I'll always remember her win as the death knell of BB.
stonedape is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 10:16 PM #29

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat! View Post
I think its the people who keep talking about her negatively who are pathetic.
I wasnt Rachel's biggest fan, but she won, and she deserved to. The house tried to bully her, including Rex, and Luke, into being confrontational and she wouldnt have it! She was herself, more than I can say for most BB housemates.

And ever since she won, she has hardly used her BB status fro anything. Did a couple of spots, thats about it, and went back into teaching. She is living her life, and I am sure have better things to do, than dedicate their whole existance into BB, or trying to further their 5 minutes of fame, 10 years later like some of these bunch who are over here talking about her!

If anything, Rachel is a bigger person that all of them combined, and you would never hear her talking badly about anyone.
Agreed 100%. WildCat is the man!

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Raph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 11:36 PM #30
ad augusta per angusta

ad augusta per angusta

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedape View Post
There has never been a VT that correlated less to the person we saw in the Big Brother house than Rachel Rice.

Here is her VT:

She never talked even half as fast as she did here. There's talking fast because you're excited, and then there's acting. This is the latter. She claims to be loud chatty and energetic, she wasn't. She claims to be somewhere between energetic and boring, she wasn't. Can't handle silence? Practically mute. Bossy? As a piece of furniture. Proud of her bum? Laughable.

Her VT was my favorite on launch, but it was total BS and I'll always remember her win as the death knell of BB.
Disagree completely.

You're over scrutinising and over-elaborating. I saw her talk that fast throughout the show from beginning to end and yes she was energetic as well and it was clearly the truth.

I am sure everybody wanted to tow the manipulation line that BB spread because it was fun to be part of a group that "ooh, we been had muttley!" - but in truth, everybody wanted Mikey or Rex to win.

Sorry... the public did what the producers hated to happen. Rachel won.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:02 AM #31
Senior Member I Told You

Senior Member I Told You

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveTruck View Post
Disagree completely.

You're over scrutinising and over-elaborating. I saw her talk that fast throughout the show from beginning to end and yes she was energetic as well and it was clearly the truth.

I am sure everybody wanted to tow the manipulation line that BB spread because it was fun to be part of a group that "ooh, we been had muttley!" - but in truth, everybody wanted Mikey or Rex to win.

Sorry... the public did what the producers hated to happen. Rachel won.
Can you make an argument without saying the other person has been manipulated by BB? Because it's cheap.

The public killed their own show by freaking out about editing and favorites (a trend that began in BB6) and evicting anyone seen as a "golden child" (anyone with good odds or highlights), even if they may have deserved the good odds or highlights. And they back the blandest contestants possible just to get their "underdog" story. The ultimate representation of this kamikaze form of voting is Rachel Rice. The public may think they beat the producers, but in the end we all lose because the show is worse off. And in the immediate future, there is no show. If BB had pulled out a Brian or Nadia in series 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10 I doubt they would be canceled, but the audience refuses to award interesting people and casting continues to give them the option to save bland people.

Last edited by stonedape; 01-09-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:13 AM #32

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedape View Post

Plain wrong.

Rachel absolutely WAS much like her VT. Frequently. Often. We saw it again and again throughout the season.

Rachel is not unlike many many people we all know who gets very giddy and chatty and over-excited WHEN SHE FEELS SAFE.
and,
When in a 'negative' atmosphere or among strangers or if distrusting tends to become very quiet, muted, stays in a corner.

We saw this MANY times during the season. When some extremely negative and even threatening and horrible business started the first few weeks she was 'wallpaper',
but,
If you watched live-feeds (or Highlights) when she found herself in a room with some girlfriends away from the negativity she could talk Disney, boyfriends, grapes and become VERY chatty, giddy, starts talking very very very fast.. becomes almost 'hyperactive' chatty and rambunctious.

The ONLY person who made an ordeal about her VT not corresponding was (and notice this):
Rex.
He was the only one who went crazy over it.
Yet her closer friends disagreed and most others didn't see that.
Why?
Because she absolutely DID become muted, quiet, shy, clammed-up whenever Rex was around.

You have this wrong and I don't think highlights really helped either but if you did want to go through them,
rewatch live-feeds,
Then you can clearly see 'VT Rachel' many many times in the house.

And keep something in mind for any HM - the VT is NOT their 'usual way' or how it will be in the house.
They just got on Big Brother (or are in the final pick) and been waiting!
This is maybe one of their first time making a video!
They may be very anxious from waiting hours and hours before this 'big moment'!
BB then makes EVERY effort to drag everything out of them and wants them to pull out their 'everything'!
Questions are being pumped at them to lure responses and fire their emotions.
Then THAT 10 minute long event is edited and obviously looks to include the most shocking, exciting and sometimes not in the exact context you would see.

Anyways - you are wrong on this one.
ElProximo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:20 AM #33

Oh ffs! This was the girl who said Rudies when talking of sex!
condescended to Mikey, and snapped at Kathreya, her little bitch.

Last edited by Omen; 01-09-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Omen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:25 AM #34
Senior Member I Told You

Senior Member I Told You

I understand no VT is 100% accurate, and there were (exponentially small) glimpses of house Rachel on her VT. VT Rachel was a captivating, present, type A. In the house, she was the opposite. If you watch the video and just name the opposite trait you get a better picture of who Rachel is.

If you become muted, shy, and clamped up around everyone but Kathreya, and even then you're mostly just listening, I'm going to assume you're a muted, shy, clamped up person.

She was an awful HM, and I understand you have a fetish for the Rice as some sort of greater representation of public triumph but she was a joke. The VT really doesn't bother me as much as her lack of contributions as a HM and...winner.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:26 AM #35

Favourites (more):
BB11: Josie
CBB7: Alex

Favourites (more):
BB11: Josie
CBB7: Alex

i like nice people , but there was something extra safe and sort of lower middle class about miss rice. i was glad she won, but also in hindsight theres this sort of unsexiness about her. Like knee length white girls school socks, m+s white underwear, starchy and dark straggly straight anal hairs just visible between the buttocks. a hint of the bible mixed with 1970's 'it's a knockout' personality. I imagine she eats burgen linseed bread, and that her fecal matter is a little bit fiberous with a few seeds in it. Her mum is probably a fan of cliff richards. she probably went to america to be a councelor at summer camp . and she probably did a tour of australia after she graduated. her bb aplication was part of an organised list of things that one should do at a certain time in ones life plan. she will be married for ten years having two children , then divorce remarry a year later and have another two children. her second marraige will last 20 years plus. yeah she's 'nice'. i'm glad she won and not rex though. she was a happy winner, i'm pleased for her. we should all stop bitching really.
Jamietwo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:28 AM #36
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

i'll never forget the stupid bitch jumping up and down on a mini trampoline while shouting chickpeas in a stupid girly voice.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:30 AM #37
Senior Member I Told You

Senior Member I Told You

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
i'll never forget the stupid bitch jumping up and down on a mini trampoline while shouting chickpeas in a stupid girly voice.
cheers to you for remembering something she did
Old 01-09-2010, 12:33 AM #38

She talked to the goldfish as well
Omen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:33 AM #39
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamietwo View Post
i like nice people , but there was something extra safe and sort of lower middle class about miss rice. i was glad she won, but also in hindsight theres this sort of unsexiness about her. Like knee length white girls school socks, m+s white underwear, starchy and dark straggly straight anal hairs just visible between the buttocks. a hint of the bible mixed with 1970's 'it's a knockout' personality. I imagine she eats burgen linseed bread, and that her fecal matter is a little bit fiberous with a few seeds in it. Her mum is probably a fan of cliff richards. she probably went to america to be a councelor at summer camp . and she probably did a tour of australia after she graduated. her bb aplication was part of an organised list of things that one should do at a certain time in ones life plan. she will be married for ten years having two children , then divorce remarry a year later and have another two children. her second marraige will last 20 years plus. yeah she's 'nice'. i'm glad she won and not rex though. she was a happy winner, i'm pleased for her. we should all stop bitching really.
Haha nice one. I've always found something oddly attractive about her

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cutting, rachel, rice, sound, talking