Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Ultimate BB Ultimate Big Brother started 24th August 2010 after the BB11 final and ran for 18 days. It was won by Brian Dowling. All the gossip about the UBB series and housemates here!

Old 08-09-2010, 02:13 AM #1
how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):

Default Overrated & Underrated

What are some series and housemates you think are overrated or underrated?

Underrated
Big Brother 10 - Definitely one of the most underrated series ever. It did not get the recognition it deserves. I think the fact that the ratings were bad deluded people to thinking it meant the series was bad. It still stands as one of my favorite series ever (almost close to beating BB7 ). 90% of the housemates delivered which is quite unusual for Big Brother.

Noirin (BB10) - She gets some recognition on here, but outside of here she seems to very disregarded! She was the star of Big Brother 10 really. It WAS "The Noirin Show" almost every day up until her eviction. Every single straight man (and Angel!) in the house fancying her was one of the most intersting storylines i've ever watched. I was fascinated by her and what made guys fall under her spell.

Sara (BB9) - Another housemate who I think deserves recognition. I had never even heard of her when I first started watching BB9 on YT and she enterted the house so I thought oh that must mean she's gonna end up being boring. To my suprise, she was the opposite! She was very entertaining and funny to watch. Always was done to just be crazy, have fun, and get drunk. Love her hot makeout session with Nicole. Yeah, she was a fantastic housemate.

Overrated
Big Brother 9 - Sorry Patrick. Yes it was a very good series, but people who say it was the best ever are mistaken IMO. BB10 was much better. BB9 had some great housemates, moments, and tasks however there many downfalls. For a few weeks, watching it was just plain depressing. Watching the way Darnell treated Sara, Nicole bringing the entire house down with her constant moaning and ruining Rex's chances of winning (even though I still liked her lol), Kathreya and Rachel being annoying as hell Mo doing NOTHING, etc. The show went downhill after Bex left. It was still a great series though, but it's overrated.

Sam (BB11) - Yes I love him but he has become SO damn overrated. Some people calling him the best housemate ever? Are you serious? Get real.

Marcus (BB10) - There was a point where he was fantastic, but then after Noirin turned him down he became this bitter old boring man who did nothing but sit outside in the garden under a duvet all day. Overrated by those who call him the best housemate ever as well.

Aisleyne (BB7) - She was a great housemate but a bit overrated IMO. Wasn't that spectacular or entertaining.

What are yours?
Old 08-09-2010, 02:17 AM #2

Marcus is the greatest.
Also I agree Sam Pepper was great in BB but is now a twat, he was a mole really. Did what he could after watching the show.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:18 AM #3

Overrated

Corin - annoying woman who had only a selective vocabulary and basically added nothing to anything. Plus in arguments all she would do is act like a child and revert to shouting and name calling instead of actually coming up with valid reasons. How people thought she was a deserved winner I will never know
King Gizzard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:22 AM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
Overrated

Corin - annoying woman who had only a selective vocabulary and basically added nothing to anything. Plus in arguments all she would do is act like a child and revert to shouting and name calling instead of actually coming up with valid reasons. How people thought she was a deserved winner I will never know
I agree with this and like your sig
Old 08-09-2010, 02:27 AM #5
how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):

how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Overrated

I loved her because I thought she was a bit loony and provided some very very funny moments (her in the diary room -especially during the Ignore the Obvious when she was plastered in pies). She also had her own catchphrases that stuck to me like glue. Now I can't help but say them. She is just one of the crazy, out there personalities that is a perfect fit for the show in my opinion. I can totally see why people wouldn't like her though.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:30 AM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRyan View Post
I loved her because I thought she was a bit loony and provided some very very funny moments (her in the diary room -especially during the Ignore the Obvious when she was plastered in pies). She also had her own catchphrases that stuck to me like glue. Now I can't help but say them. She is just one of the crazy, out there personalities that is a perfect fit for the show in my opinion. I can totally see why people wouldn't like her though.
Sorry, she went in there with the idea of coming out with a catchphrase, it's so obvious
Old 08-09-2010, 02:36 AM #7
how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):

how i'm feeling now

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Kahuna View Post
Sorry, she went in there with the idea of coming out with a catchphrase, it's so obvious
Who cares, it worked. Kathreya did the same with her happy house and cookie love.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:16 AM #8
MiddKid

Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren
BB12: Faye
MiddKid

Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren
BB12: Faye

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRyan View Post
Who cares, it worked. Kathreya did the same with her happy house and cookie love.
Not to mention Tracey and "av it" and "gravy" and "gettin" ...

Anyway, here's my overrated and underrated:

Underrated
BB8: everyone dumps on this series but I actually rather enjoyed it. I like the house, I loved the twists (all female launch, the way the men were added sporadically, fake week, halfway house, etc.) Although I wasn't a Brian fan, I found plenty of entertainment that season from Charley (obviously), Chanelle, the twins, Liam, etc.

Dan BB5: he was so UTR that he never really had a chance to win, but I liked him a lot nonetheless. He was funny, kind, interesting, and always a pleasure to watch. BB5 is recognized by many as the best series but usually people only remember it for Nadia, Victor, Michelle, Ahmed, Marco, Kitten, fight night, the bedsit, etc. Dan was a crucial part of that series.

Overrated
BB7: everyone goes on and on about how amazing this series is, how it's the best ever, etc. It was an incredible series yes, but it all went downhill after Grace was evicted and especially after Nikki was evicted the first time. BB7 has undoubtedly the best first month of any series ever (think Shahbaz, Sezer, Susie and "who is she," etc.) but the second half of the series was virtually unwatchable. It didn't help that Pete was a shoo-in to win from Day 1.

Science BB6: I cannot fathom how so many people thought was a "legend". He was THE most annoying housemate in the history of BB, and yes I am including Marco and Sam Pepper in that statement. The sound of his voice physically hurt me. I sympathized with Derek, Kemal, etc. and all those who absolutely COULD NOT STAND HIM. I wanted to heave a brick through my computer every time I saw him.
Hatin': Chris, Victoria, Shievonne, Ashleigh, Conor, Arron
smartalec2718 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:42 AM #9

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
BBUSA19: Jessica

Favourites (more):

Overrated: BB7, the opening cast was quite dire.

HMs: too many to mention. A good place to start would probably be Josie. But I agree over Corin who has been mentioned.

Underrated: BB4, no way can it be as bad as some say. It seemed ok on the HLs particularly in the second half of the series with some of the biggest twists up to that point ever.

HMs: see avatar. And Jennie was a breath of fresh air in BB7 as well.

Marcus is getting discussed, well after Noirin left he took on Bea, so he certainly wasn't a spent force.

Greats of Big Brother

BBAU9 Estelle [avatar]
BBAU8 Brigitte
BBAU7 Aleisha
BBUS 13 Rachel
BBUK11 - Sunshine
BBUK10 - Marcus
BBUK9 - Stephanie
BBUK7 - Jennie
BBUK6 - Sam
BBUK5 - Victor
BBUK4 - Nush
BBUK3- Jonny (only saw last two weeks)

Last edited by starry; 08-09-2010 at 07:43 AM.
starry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:08 AM #10

too much outside contact for BB11 to be deemed a great BB

and for sam to be branded a "legend" after only 2 weeks is nearly as bad as how virtually all the inmates that get evicted early become one simply cos they never did feck all.
he would never have been able to keep up his game for more than a few weeks and would have just been another false gameplayer

BB7, BB9, BB5 could not hold a candle to the best ever BB that was BB3.
It had first divide
first real baddy in adele
lots of fun
and the best ever winner , imo, in Kate
stoney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:15 AM #11

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalec2718 View Post
Not to mention Tracey and "av it" and "gravy" and "gettin" ...

Anyway, here's my overrated and underrated:

Underrated
BB8: everyone dumps on this series but I actually rather enjoyed it. I like the house, I loved the twists (all female launch, the way the men were added sporadically, fake week, halfway house, etc.) Although I wasn't a Brian fan, I found plenty of entertainment that season from Charley (obviously), Chanelle, the twins, Liam, etc.

Dan BB5: he was so UTR that he never really had a chance to win, but I liked him a lot nonetheless. He was funny, kind, interesting, and always a pleasure to watch. BB5 is recognized by many as the best series but usually people only remember it for Nadia, Victor, Michelle, Ahmed, Marco, Kitten, fight night, the bedsit, etc. Dan was a crucial part of that series.

Overrated
BB7: everyone goes on and on about how amazing this series is, how it's the best ever, etc. It was an incredible series yes, but it all went downhill after Grace was evicted and especially after Nikki was evicted the first time. BB7 has undoubtedly the best first month of any series ever (think Shahbaz, Sezer, Susie and "who is she," etc.) but the second half of the series was virtually unwatchable. It didn't help that Pete was a shoo-in to win from Day 1.

Science BB6: I cannot fathom how so many people thought was a "legend". He was THE most annoying housemate in the history of BB, and yes I am including Marco and Sam Pepper in that statement. The sound of his voice physically hurt me. I sympathized with Derek, Kemal, etc. and all those who absolutely COULD NOT STAND HIM. I wanted to heave a brick through my computer every time I saw him.
That was the whole point though, he was a straight talking wind up who annoyed the Maxwell clang which was just great to watch....
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:01 AM #12

Quote:
Overrated

Arguments Corin? She made an unwarranted attack on Sam after he criticised her for her cigarette budget, and made a very warranted attack on JJ1 after he mimmicked her about a hundred times with a dickhead rant.

Never actually bitched about anyone in ten weeks which was a first for any Hm.

Plus her resolve as a bullied HM was beyond belief; JJ and Josie crumpled and cried on the slightest pretext and wanted to leave the house, Sam also crumpled over the shower incident.

If Corin had of won at least we would not have been faced with a quitter in UBB.

She is totally under-rated. Her resolve and pragmatism are beyond belief... the back of Sam's farty horse ( the Couger went into a psychotic rage at just thought of it) Andrew's first date... expending two thousand calories singing and bending for 3 and a half hours in the play ground task. ( actually about twice as difficult as Andrew's slide task, try it)

She is beyond under-rated she is a ******ing saint.

Cozza the real winner and the best HM ever.

Last edited by stewart64; 08-09-2010 at 10:18 AM.
stewart64 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:04 AM #13
El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

El Cockroach

Favourites (more):

Over rated series - BB7 for me, it was okay.

Underrated series - BB10 - It was a great series.

DrunkerThanMoses is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:04 AM #14
El Cockroach

Favourites (more):

El Cockroach

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart64 View Post
Arguments Corin? She made an unwarranted attack on Sam after he criticised her for her cigarette budget, and made a very warranted attack on JJ1 after he mimmicked her about a hundred times with a dickhead rant.

Plus her resolve as a bullied HM was beyond belief; JJ and Josie crumpled and cried on the slightest pretext and wanted to leave the house, Sam also crumpled over the shower incident.

If Corin had have won at least we would not have been faced with a quitter in UBB.

She is totally under-rated. Her resolve and pragmatism are beyond belief... the back of Sam's farty horse ( the Couger went into a psychotic rage at just thought of it) Andrew's first date... expending two thousand calories singing and bending for 3 and a half hours in the play ground task. ( actually about twice as difficult as Andrew's slide task, try it)

She did bitch once and twice

Old 08-09-2010, 10:09 AM #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkerThanMoses View Post
She did bitch once and twice
Once or twice... I remember her finally doing a bit of bitching in the final week re. JJ1 after he had put her through the biggest bully-fest and Mother of all character assassinations in the history of BB. Had he been dished one hundredth of what she put up with, imagine how the brat would have behaved.

Her behaviour was a credit to her under the circumstances.

It actually proved her determination and resolve were beyond what we have ever seen before in a HM.

The bully fest of course worked for JJ and he got the winner he wanted ( Josie and that meant him too) and the magazine deals to boot. Not sure what Sam got out of the bully fest though other than a suicidal campaign.

Last edited by stewart64; 08-09-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:27 AM #16

Go for Josie as most over-rated, the fact she had an easy ride under the wing of John James ( pretty much custard creams and lying in bed all day) and finished with a coronation in a farce of a final thanks to channel 4's quad eviction that got rid of the competition.

Liked her, but she was not a worthy winner IMO.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:30 AM #17
El Cockroach

Favourites (more):

El Cockroach

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Go for Josie as most over-rated, the fact she had an easy ride under the wing of John James ( pretty much custard creams and lying in bed all day) and finished with a coronation in a farce of a final thanks to channel 4's quad eviction that got rid of the competition.

Liked her, but she was not a worthy winner IMO.
I agree she was over rated. Not saying anthign but in razzie awards im doing shes currently winner as worst winner lol

Old 08-09-2010, 11:11 AM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

If Corin had of won at least we would not have been faced with a quitter in UBB.

Shame I didn't find her entertaining or interesting then wasn't it?

Greats of Big Brother

BBAU9 Estelle [avatar]
BBAU8 Brigitte
BBAU7 Aleisha
BBUS 13 Rachel
BBUK11 - Sunshine
BBUK10 - Marcus
BBUK9 - Stephanie
BBUK7 - Jennie
BBUK6 - Sam
BBUK5 - Victor
BBUK4 - Nush
BBUK3- Jonny (only saw last two weeks)
starry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:12 AM #19

bb10 - overated by the teeny boppers.
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:13 AM #20

bb9 was underated.

People think it was a crap series because they think we got a crap winner.
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:18 AM #21
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB14: Charlie
75% Trish

Favourites (more):

the winners seem to get worse and worse, Sophie last year and now Josie.. bleaching level up, intellegence and sophistication level down!!!

Last edited by fruit_cake; 08-09-2010 at 11:25 AM.
fruit_cake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:26 PM #22
Nothing in excess

Nothing in excess

Overrated
CBB7 - It wasn't a bad series, but it could have been a heck of a lot better. Plus Vinnie, Dane and Jonas all made it to the final.

BB3 - not even a decent series

Alex Sibley - Looks beat entertainment on an eviction night between him and Alison.

Spencer - A total waste of space. Got away with many things people hated Mohamed for.

Glyn - I never warmed to him and never understood why other people did.

Underrated
Sezer - Like him or loathe him, he stirred things up in there. Don't get me wrong, evicting him was more than worth the look on his face, but one of the worst housemates ever? Far from it.

Saskia - Okay, so her extreme desperation in her last week in the house did her no favours and her views on the world placed her ever so slightly to the right of Richard Wagner, but I have to question if she was really as bad, as a person, as she was made out to be. She was an opinionatred woman and knew her enemies. Is that a crime?

Gos - Condemned for life as the most boring housemate in BB history. Say whatever you will, but he was a heck of a lot more genuine than other bores that have graced our screens over the years and a very nice guy.

Caroline - If we're talking about entertainment by early BB standards, Caroline was a real contributor.

Amma - ditto
No matter that they act like senile 12-year-olds on the Today programme website - smoking illegal fags to look tough and cool. No matter that Amis coins truly abominable terms like 'the age of horrorism' and when criticised tells people to 'fuck off'. Surely we all chuckle at the strenuous ennui of his salon drawl. Didn't he once accidentally sneer his face off?
- Chris Morris - The Absurd World of Martin Amis

BB_Eye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:50 PM #23

Overrated

Aisleyne (BB7) - She supposed to have stood up to the 'bullies' but actually didn't. Her behaviour during Week 6, when nominated, was a disgrace but is now put down to "...that time of the month". She was not funny nor intelligent. So why the big fan base?

Chanelle (BB8) - Not only is the girl not that attractive but she got on your wick with her constant whining.

Brian (BB8)/Sophie (BB10) - Why have the British public picked winners with brains the size of a Sparrow's kneecap (thanks to Nasty Nick).

Pete (BB7) - All we got during that someone was that sod bangin' bliddy pots and pans.

BB7 - Once Sezer and Grace had been evicted, all the energy went out of the series. The later weeks were just boring.

Underrated

Sezer (BB7) - He was the life and soul of the first two weeks of BB and was prepared to stick up for his friends. He was one of the most popular housemates within the house because the other housemates knew what he said was tongue in cheek. Got the worst edit in BB history.

Jason (BB5) - Would Vic been the same without someone to bounce off. Far more entertaining than his detractors would give him credit.

BB9 - The antics of Rex and Co. made this the best series since BB7.
KingPrawn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:59 PM #24
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
75% Trish

Favourites (more):

BB9 - The antics of Rex and Co. made this the best series since BB7.[/QUOTE]

yes i loved Rex, and spitgate was the one of the best BB moments for entertainment!!!
fruit_cake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:27 PM #25

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Ben

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Ben

Underrated
BB10, BB6, Nicky BB8, Roberto BB6, Caoimhe BB11,

Overrated
BB5, Rachel Rice, Rex, Darnell, Sam Pepper (I did like him but not that much), Josie
BB6: Derek, Science, Kemal, Makosi, Kinga
BB7: Aisleyne, Glyn, Nikki, Lea
BB8: Charley, Nicky, Samanda, Shabnam
BB9: Luke, Bex, Lisa, Mario, Mikey
BB10: Freddie, Angel, Sophie, Marcus, Siavash
BB11: Ben, Shabby, Andrew, Caoimhe, Corin, Sunshine

X Factor Favs; Cher, Mary, Katie, Rebecca
podge2007 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
overrated, underrated