Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 16-03-2006, 06:20 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BB12: Louise
X Factor 2010: Belle Amie

Favourites (more):
Default Plymouth University

Hey all, today I went to Plymouth uni for a French revision day, i thought it was quite useful but something worrying happened afterwards.
At 4pm me and my mates in my class made our way back home, but as my train wasnt for another half an hour i decided to walk round with my mate for a while because he said his mum was picking him up from the town centre.
Unfortuanately the uni is located around what you would call the 'rough' area of the city and we were cautious, however we had to go through a place called 'Bretonside' which is notorious for being the place where people are assalted, raped etc...
Me and my friend, thought that as it was day time, we had nothing to fear so we walked through the area without much hesitation.
While walking through the 'area' we were approached by a suspicious looking chav who shouted "io! you from Plymuff mate?"
we said yeah, and he stopped shouting, then he offered to shake hands with me??!! I didnt want to so I said 'why?' he said "I aint gonna do nufin to ya" I thought to myself keep walking sol so I just walked off and luckily that was the end of that - although nothing had happened it shocked me slightly and I didnt think much else of it.
When I got home I told my mum about this, she had one hell of a go at me for walking through the bus station, as it has a reputation for being a 'den of eniquity'.
She then capitalised on this by telling me this story:
LINK: http://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/...e/2003/flo.htm

sol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006, 06:29 AM #2

Well sol looks like you got away lightly. But do you not thinnk this is happenin in all places rough areas near to where i live as well.
Siouxsie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006, 12:33 PM #3
Gatorade me, Bitch!

Gatorade me, Bitch!

That is true. There are people like that all over the place. I hope it doesn't put you off from going to uni though Sol. Just be careful where you go, and who you are with.
lily. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-03-2006, 03:31 PM #4

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by scooby
Well sol looks like you got away lightly. But do you not thinnk this is happenin in all places rough areas near to where i live as well.
Yeah course I think that, the fact i was so shocked is because i didnt expect it to be like that, i thought because it was daytime id be fine, turns out i was wrong.
No it doesnt put me off going to uni Stropz, it was nothing to do with the uni, its just the location isnt great.
sol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
plymouth, university