Notices

The X Factor 2010 [S7] Series 7 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor, won by Matt Cardle. Runner up was Rebecca Ferguson. Third was One Direction.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:44 PM #26
0_o

0_o

LOL. I can see the result of this being that next year...they change the public vote. The judges pick who is in the bottom, and the public have to vote from those people

Well why not manipulate it a little bit more...
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 01:45 PM #27
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
On the one hand, I can see why people are doing this. the blatant manipulation is just beyond a joke now, its always been there, but this year it is more in your face...and it would be hilarious to see Simons face being lumbered with someone who cannot sing at all and having to give him a recording contract

On the other hand, its very spiteful towards the better singers in the competition. It is not their fault...and they should be given a chance to achieve their dreams.

But, to be honest, most of the talented people will get some form of deal anyways...

I'm a bit torn :/
I agree Vicky. You're right to be torn and I too feel sorry for these contestants, but the show needs to change its direction. The public need to show Simon that he should concentrate on giving them the best show he can and not the show he wants with the acts he likes getting preferential treatment.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:37 PM #28
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazanne View Post
I can't agree with that Pyramid,The Xfactor may aswell finish altogether if people are just going to vote to piss people off,I'de like Matt to win as i think he deserves to and why should his dream be spoilt because of voters trying to piss people off?The good ones may well get a deal,but it is still not the same as winning is it?I enjoy The XFactor and would hate it to finish like this.
Did you agree at the boot camp stage that 2 females, who broke down in tears, couldn't perform in front of 2 people, and could not sign - that they should have been chosen over those who were able to perform, and perform well?

I didn't and as soon as that judgement was made, it pretty much showed that the judges will abandon all the rules to suit themselves. The show was killed for me there and then I'm afraid.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:39 PM #29
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):
BB17: Chelsea
I'maCeleb2015: Jorgie Porter

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):
BB17: Chelsea
I'maCeleb2015: Jorgie Porter

Totally agree OP would love to see Chavryl and Cowell's smug faces to be wiped off

Sig stretching forum, fix it.
Legend killer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:39 PM #30
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
Did you agree at the boot camp stage that 2 females, who broke down in tears, couldn't perform in front of 2 people, and could not sign - that they should have been chosen over those who were able to perform, and perform well?
That was ridiculous. What annoyed me more, was that cher REFUSED to try again. And just walked off blubbing. yet was STILL given a pass to the live shows. Pathetic choices from cheryl...
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:46 PM #31
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
He created the show,no Simon no XFactor,imo.the idea imo is a bit spiteful.
I'll tell you what I think is spiteful. Cowell allowing Cole and Mini me to continue her crap 'rapping' week after week - with blatant disregard to the theme of the week.

What is spiteful is Cowell digging Danni who is paid to do a job, paid to judge and when she gives her honest opinion - he publically derides her for doing the very job he employs her on the show.

What also is spiteful is Ms Cole not allowing other judges to have their own opinion, to the point that a few week ago, Louis had to point out to her, that the show was not all about her, and that he was allowed an opinion.

What is spiteful is putting a selection of solo female singers together as a band, then when they feel a song is not the best choice for them, Cowell ignores them and puts all his energy into his other band - at the cost of having lost a girl band who, with the right direction, right mentoring: might still have been there.

It's no longer about the acts/contestants. It's about a war of the judges. The contestants are merely the judges playthings. Nothing more. To prove the point - the young lad who won years ago has been for 3 years, put on a back burner by Syco, the minute Leona Lewis came along.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:48 PM #32
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
He created the show,no Simon no XFactor,imo.the idea imo is a bit spiteful.
Quote:
That was ridiculous. What annoyed me more, was that cher REFUSED to try again. And just walked off blubbing. yet was STILL given a pass to the live shows. Pathetic choices from cheryl...

yep, I cant recall her precise words but it was a very dismissive, waving hand at Cheryl with the words, "No, I'm done with this".

It wasn't a 'pass' she should've been given, but a good slap !!
Old 06-11-2010, 02:50 PM #33
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Trouble is though GiRTH,do you really think it would pee Simon off THAT much?he doesn't seem to care too much this year and i think that could be down to the protest last year of the XFactor number one,so imo it's already happening the voters are going to spoil it for everyone as it will just be pulled,I was also annoyed that the Cher and Katie were put through that shouldn't have been,surely it is THEM voters should be targetting,get them out,that would piss Simon and Cheryl off much more than anything else.Voters have their chance to show Simon and Cheryl WHO is in charge,but they are keeping the girls in!!for some reason.
I do believe it would truly piss Cowell off, as the winner is given a record deal. If the winner is Wagner, Cowell would make little money. that's what the crux of it is all about - it's not about launching some soul to stardom anymore. That idea is long gone.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:51 PM #34
Z

Z

Quote:
I'll tell you what I think is spiteful. Cowell allowing Cole and Mini me to continue her crap 'rapping' week after week - with blatant disregard to the theme of the week.

What is spiteful is Cowell digging Danni who is paid to do a job, paid to judge and when she gives her honest opinion - he publically derides her for doing the very job he employs her on the show.

What also is spiteful is Ms Cole not allowing other judges to have their own opinion, to the point that a few week ago, Louis had to point out to her, that the show was not all about her, and that he was allowed an opinion.

What is spiteful is putting a selection of solo female singers together as a band, then when they feel a song is not the best choice for them, Cowell ignores them and puts all his energy into his other band - at the cost of having lost a girl band who, with the right direction, right mentoring: might still have been there.

It's no longer about the acts/contestants. It's about a war of the judges. The contestants are merely the judges playthings. Nothing more. To prove the point - the young lad who won years ago has been for 3 years, put on a back burner by Syco, the minute Leona Lewis came along.
This.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:58 PM #35

Favourites (more):
BB11: Josie
CBB7: Alex

Favourites (more):
BB11: Josie
CBB7: Alex

I do like an upset, it would be quite amusing if he won, and anyway the real talent in the show would still get there record deals etc.
Jamietwo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:08 PM #36
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
I see Wagner as the benchmark for success basically, if you go out before Wagner then you aren't going to make it in the music business.

PMSL.

What I really like about this observation is that it is not only amusing, it's very true !!!
Old 06-11-2010, 04:01 PM #37
Truth hurts.

Favourites (more):
CBB9: Gareth Thomas
CBB8: Jedward
Truth hurts.

Favourites (more):
CBB9: Gareth Thomas
CBB8: Jedward

Quote:
To prove the point - the young lad who won years ago has been for 3 years, put on a back burner by Syco, the minute Leona Lewis came along.
Shayne Ward? He record's out very soon.

I'm not getting this 'on the back burner' for three years. His last album was three years ago. How long was his album before that? He's hardly prolific.
cub is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:05 PM #38
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cub View Post
Shayne Ward? He record's out very soon.

I'm not getting this 'on the back burner' for three years. His last album was three years ago. How long was his album before that? He's hardly prolific.

That is precisely my point. They didn't promote him. Proving that if Simon doesn't favour the person who wins, he will not promote them as well as he does others.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:35 PM #39
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Think it's an appropriate time to bring this one alive again......

Wagner to win.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:37 PM #40
Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Quote:
But only to totally piss off Cowell and Cole.

the show is a sham now. Anyone with any talent will get a deal - that's a given, so the winning place really means nothing anymore.

For that reason: I want Wagner to win - I love watching C & C's faces every week that Wagner is announced to have made it through to the next week. Retribution at it's finest. You have to love it!!
I agree. Katie stayed tonight because she has like ability factor and is interesting character right? Well so is Vagner. Go on Vagner. Animo!!! True representation of xfactor.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:47 PM #41
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithinkiloveyoutoo View Post
I agree. Katie stayed tonight because she has like ability factor and is interesting character right? Well so is Vagner. Go on Vagner. Animo!!! True representation of xfactor.
I don't think Katie has the likeability factor, I really don't. I see nothing about her that I can consider a redeeming quality.

I said a few moments ago on another thread ..... the judges chose to have Wagner as a contestant, they made that choice, not the public.

Let them reap what they sow.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:12 PM #42

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Maybe not, they might just up the campaign to get their chosen winner next year.

And simon might end up having more say in who actually gets through :/
They are already to a great extent taking our money under false pretences (ie that we, the public, actually have a say in who wins). They should just do away with the ridiculous bottom 2 charade of putting it to the Judges' vote, and the act with the lowest votes each week should just be automatically kicked out.

Can you imagine the same scenario in Big Brother - with the producers being able to over-ride the wishes of the public by keeping in a HM who has the most votes to be evicted? Well what's the difference with what Simon & Co are doing, except putting two fingers up to the public every week with their ridiculous decision to keep this talentless chav in the competition?

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:19 PM #43
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
Can you imagine the same scenario in Big Brother - with the producers being able to over-ride the wishes of the public by keeping in a HM who has the most votes to be evicted? Well what's the difference with what Simon & Co are doing, except putting two fingers up to the public every week with their ridiculous decision to keep this talentless chav in the competition?
I'd rather that had happened. The Big Brother voters never had a ****ing clue, not one single braincell between the lot of them. Year after year the entertaining housemates were sent packing, and we were left with dull finalists, dull winners, rendering the series' utterly pointless. The worst case of this was BB11.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:25 PM #44

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
I'd rather that had happened. The Big Brother voters never had a ****ing clue, not one single braincell between the lot of them. Year after year the entertaining housemates were sent packing, and we were left with dull finalists, dull winners, rendering the series' utterly pointless. The worst case of this was BB11.
That's fair enough, but then don't take money from the public who are under the impression they actually have a say in who wins or loses.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:32 PM #45
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
That's fair enough, but then don't take money from the public who are under the impression they actually have a say in who wins or loses.
They do have a say though. If you don't vote, your favourite could end up in the Bottom Two. It's as simple as that. Hence why I don't really moan when Katie lands in the Bottom Two, because as of yet, I haven't voted. There's no excuse if you don't vote. If you vote - they won't end up at risk, and thus you still have 'your say'.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:16 PM #46

I want Wagner to win. And I'm being serious.

*runs*
Old 07-11-2010, 10:19 PM #47
Banned

Banned

Ann and Wagner all the way!!!!
Mr XcX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
good, wagner, win