Site Navigation

Notices

Dancing on Ice ITV's ice dancing show.

Old 14-02-2011, 08:14 PM #1
Honourary Super Moderator

Honourary Super Moderator

Default Phillip inundated with complaints

Quote:
Phillip Schofield has revealed that he was inundated with complaints about last night's Dancing On Ice.

Speaking on This Morning, the presenter confessed that he ended up turning his phone off because he had so many "outraged" people contacting him about DJ Dave Vitty's exit.

Vitty was voted off the ITV1 reality show yesterday evening after ending up in the skate-off with Kerry Katona. Despite scoring 0.5 more than Katona in their initial routines, judges Jason Gardiner and Emma Bunton opted to save the mother-of-four.

Writing on Twitter last night, Schofield said: "Hmm, very interesting twitter feed tonight. Lots of very valid comments, but can I point out.. I'm not a judge! No point shouting at me!"

He added later: "Right, that's it. Too many angry tweets pointed at the wrong person. Night night. Tweet ya tomorrow."

Chatting with Vitty today, he said: "I had to turn my phone off last night for all the people who were outraged that were getting in touch with me!"

The Radio 1 star jokingly apologised for his fans ambushing Schofield, claiming that his support on the programme had been "amazing".

"We got halfway through the show," he said. "All I wanted to do was to not go out in the first week. I've had a brilliant time."
DS

Why blame Phill?
Kerry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-02-2011, 11:30 PM #2
MVGGA

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

MVGGA

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

i agree op about why blame phil.

it was a fix that kerry stayed as jason and emma liked comedy dave and all the judges scored him higher most weeks.

I'm a sick bitch.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 10:08 AM #3
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

I think people just vent at those who are easily in the firing line and available to vent at, and it happened to be Phil. I am sure it will all calm down soon. They have to remember that for all their outrage, it is only a show and the Celebs do well out of it in terms of media exposure and pay for appearing no matter what order they get voted off. So at the end of the day most of the Celebs will just be happy enough to have appeared on the show, get to do the tour, have fun, get media exposure and build up a fanbase. So it's all good for them

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 10:24 AM #4
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

The main problem is that too many people take these shows WAAAAYYYYYYYY too seriously - they are light entertainment shows, with built in and pre-determined agendas, with them wanting to get their monies worth from those they paid the highest fees to.

I'm not aware of who has been paid what, but I don't think it's out of the realms of strong possibilty that those who have already been voted off: will have been on lesser payments - or - they know a certain person remaining in situ will create more contraversy, and subsequently, pump up the viewing figures.

If that didn't figure somewhere along the lines, why on earth would final decisions, final votes be taken out of the public's hands - and put right back into the hands of the judges.

X-Factor anyone......??? !!!! How many times did the usual pattern of the public getting the vote change, to putting it back into the judges hands. Big Brother is the same -hence all the changes to rules, formats, voting etc.

People need to realise these shows are highly manipulated - the public only get so much of a say in it, and ONLY when the producers decide.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 06:20 PM #5

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle
BB11: Corin

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle
BB11: Corin

oh well at the end of the day thats the point of the judging panel, i wouldnt have got rid of jennifer over vanilla ice but they did and they always scored her higher aswell. Just part of the show.

Besides he only had 0.5 more than Kerry it wasnt as if it was a hands down conclusion who would stay and who would go. I could understand if the bottom two had been Kerry and Laura and theyd got rid of Laura but Dave wasnt really all that either
essexash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
complaints, inundated, phillip