Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 20-03-2011, 10:42 AM #1

Default Conspiracy Theories

Do you subscribe to any? Are they all nonsense? Do you believe all are true?

There are so many out there, literally hundreds of them

Which ones are true? Does it affect your life in anyway if they are true?

I will mention a few and for each one ask yourself how you would react if you discovered some evidence proving beyond a shadow of a doubt it was true

1. Secret Power Elite control the world and world leaders such as Obama, Cameron and Sarkozy are merely puppets to these masters.

2. This secret power elite has a global agenda to create a totalitarian one world government.

3. From the beginning of the last century they have been responsible for creating the Federal Reserve, United Nations, Council on Foreign Relations, IMF, World Bank, European Union, African Union and soon North American Union and essentially most major organisations in the world.

4. Our current financial crisis and all previous financial crises are no accident, but were orchestrated deliberately by this power elite in order to steal the people's money to make themselves richer.

5. They were responsible for the assassination of Lincoln and Kennedy and others because they went against their agenda.

6. They orchestrated the events of 9/11.

7. Invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan and conflict throughout the middle east is part of their New World Order agenda.

8. Natural disasters such as Tsunami of few years ago and recent Japanese earthquake are in fact not "natural". Instead new science associated with a installation named HAARP was responsible.

Final question for now

One conspiracy theory is that there is a planned event due to take place in May this year. An earthquake in USA along the fault lines of New Madrid.
This has not happened and hopefully it will not happen and is just a conspiracy. Hopefully all these conspiracies are nonsense.
What if it is true though?
This is something people reading this can observe for themselves as it has not happend yet.
If it does happen then there can be no doubt it was NOT a NATURAL disaster and it was created by human design.

So if a massive earthquake hits America, causing millions of people to die how many of the listed conspiracy theories would you then believe?
Grimnir is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 11:08 AM #2
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

I believe one on your list (pushing it, possibly two) - and one that isn't on your list. (1st moon landing).

They don't affect me in any way at all.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 11:11 AM #3
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Scary thought if any of this was actually true.

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 11:15 AM #4
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

I like to believe some of them - like the new world order ones - whilst not as scary and sinister as their cracker barrel perpetrators like to make us believe serve as a sort of rough guide to probably whats going on behind the curtains.

The thing with believing the theories on a factual, word for word level is that it always seems to be the dumbest motherfuckers who uncover these things. Just people filling a void in their lives and allowing fantasy to spill into reality so they can become the star of their own movie, IMO.
Stu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 11:21 AM #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
I believe one on your list (pushing it, possibly two) - and one that isn't on your list. (1st moon landing).

They don't affect me in any way at all.
Is that because you have a pyramid avatar and protected from earthquakes and your monies being stolen
Old 20-03-2011, 11:21 AM #6
Nothing in excess

Nothing in excess

None of them really. I do believe the powers that be who allow the development of nuclear power don't care about their safety and deliberately play down the risks and are more concerned about money and power than anything else. I also think the armed intervention in Libya is all about oil, as was the war in Iraq and the first Gulf war although none of those are particularly radical theories.
No matter that they act like senile 12-year-olds on the Today programme website - smoking illegal fags to look tough and cool. No matter that Amis coins truly abominable terms like 'the age of horrorism' and when criticised tells people to 'fuck off'. Surely we all chuckle at the strenuous ennui of his salon drawl. Didn't he once accidentally sneer his face off?
- Chris Morris - The Absurd World of Martin Amis

BB_Eye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 11:24 AM #7
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimnir View Post
Is that because you have a pyramid avatar and protected from earthquakes and your monies being stolen
LOL.

the bank manager steals my money every month - so it clearly aint working right!!
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 11:32 AM #8

For 1-4 I am 99% convinced.

For 5-7 50/50.

8 Not sure, don't know why they would?, are they just evil for sake of it, or testing it?

9 If 9 turns out true I will be 100% on 1-8
Old 20-03-2011, 12:42 PM #9
Banned

Banned

I don't believe in conspiracy theories really, even if they were true we'd never know for certain either way so I find them quite pointless.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 12:53 PM #10
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

1. Secret Power Elite control the world and world leaders such as Obama, Cameron and Sarkozy are merely puppets to these masters.

No

2. This secret power elite has a global agenda to create a totalitarian one world government.

No

3. From the beginning of the last century they have been responsible for creating the Federal Reserve, United Nations, Council on Foreign Relations, IMF, World Bank, European Union, African Union and soon North American Union and essentially most major organisations in the world.

No

4. Our current financial crisis and all previous financial crises are no accident, but were orchestrated deliberately by this power elite in order to steal the people's money to make themselves richer.

No

5. They were responsible for the assassination of Lincoln and Kennedy and others because they went against their agenda.

No

No

7. Invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan and conflict throughout the middle east is part of their New World Order agenda.

No

8. Natural disasters such as Tsunami of few years ago and recent Japanese earthquake are in fact not "natural". Instead new science associated with a installation named HAARP was responsible.

No
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 12:53 PM #11

I believe in a few (to an extent) but some are completely ridiculous imo, like the shape shifting alien reptiles etc, I think its those kind that turn the whole "conspiracy theory" thing into a laughing stock, and make people think that anyone that's interested in conspiracies at all are paranoid loonballs
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 03:15 PM #12
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
For 1-4 I am 99% convinced.

For 5-7 50/50.

8 Not sure, don't know why they would?, are they just evil for sake of it, or testing it?

9 If 9 turns out true I will be 100% on 1-8
Earthquakes happen, because of plate movement, pressure, transferred stress over a plate, volcanic activity etc. In a lot of cases seismologists can register that an earthquake is likely to occur because of one or several of those reasons, they arent too hot at predicting exactly where the epicentre will be or when exactly it will occur.

If there were to be no earthquake along the New Madrid fault this year but maybe it happens next year or in a couple of years, would you still say it was down to your conspiracy theory?

I would say most of the conspiracy theories are formed by people who think their intelligence is a lot higher than it actually is. They may be good at explaining their reasoning for the conclusions they reach. But they are blind to the true workings of government, the global economy, science and technology, etc

Last edited by Shasown; 20-03-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 03:31 PM #13

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):

So basically it's just a single conspiracy theory about a power elite who are responsible for all the ills of the world - this is kind of straying into Dan Brown territory along the lines of the brotherhood, freemasons etc, and no I don't think there's any such super-powerful "puppet masters" that can orchestrate all the mishaps in the world - **** just happens.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 03:36 PM #14
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
So basically it's just a single conspiracy theory about a power elite who are responsible for all the ills of the world - this is kind of straying into Dan Brown territory along the lines of the brotherhood, freemasons etc, and no I don't think there's any such super-powerful "puppet masters" that can orchestrate all the mishaps in the world - **** just happens.
Yes, nowadays because of the ridicule they would get if they stood on street corners blaming god saying the end of the world was nigh, they have developed other targets to blame.
Old 20-03-2011, 03:44 PM #15
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

amusing you should start this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 03:50 PM #16
Z

Z

- If this were true I don't think it would affect me at all, at the end of the day there's still some people making decisions and on the whole I've got it pretty good in life, so personally I wouldn't be appalled at this revelation.

- It just wouldn't work, no matter how hard they tried to make it work, no matter what methods they used to unite the world under one totalitarian government, it could never work.

- Well they have created a lot of positive change, if that were the case. Judging by the wording of this, these are all foundations to creating the totalitarian state mentioned in question 2, but at the moment who could fault these people for creating these unions? They do a lot of good work.

- I wouldn't be surprised, capitalism is dog eat dog in nature; it happened in the break up of the Soviet Union (e.g. Roman Abrahamovic, to name just one oligarch) so I wouldn't really react to the news, it would suck to find that out but it's happened before and it'll happen again.

- Again, this happened in the Soviet Union to a great extent, so it wouldn't be all that surprising - having said that, to go as far back as Abraham Lincoln is quite a stretch of the imagination so I suppose that would surprise me that this elite had existed for so long.

- Again, I wouldn't be shocked, I've heard of this theory so if it were proven to be true then I wouldn't be blown away by the news, it would be quite a tragic, shameful thing to admit to, but it wouldn't really bother me that much.

- There are always hidden agendas in war.

- That would be the most shocking of these theories I think, because they would either have to have a lot of world 'experts' under their control to perpetuate a natural disaster myth, and have to silence other scientists who know what they're talking about and know that they were not 'natural' disasters...

Final question for now

One conspiracy theory is that there is a planned event due to take place in May this year. An earthquake in USA along the fault lines of New Madrid.
This has not happened and hopefully it will not happen and is just a conspiracy. Hopefully all these conspiracies are nonsense.
This is something people reading this can observe for themselves as it has not happend yet.
If it does happen then there can be no doubt it was NOT a NATURAL disaster and it was created by human design.

So if a massive earthquake hits America, causing millions of people to die how many of the listed conspiracy theories would you then believe?

- If such an earthquake happened then I still wouldn't be pushed towards or away from my thoughts on conspiracy theories; these theories always have to spring from somewhere, so it is my belief that there is always some element of truth behind a conspiracy theory - even if the truth is just that 'there is an assumption that ____ was caused by ____ and here is the logic behind this assumption: _____' - I'm not really sure what kind of conspiracy theory-come-true I would need to witness before I believed anything firmly.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 05:23 PM #17

depends on what conspiracy theories they are, i dont believe in the 911 one, i do believe in some though, for example i believe that Marilyn Monroe was murdered by the mafia cause she was having an affair with the president.
'Conor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 06:13 PM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Conor View Post
depends on what conspiracy theories they are, i dont believe in the 911 one, i do believe in some though, for example i believe that Marilyn Monroe was murdered by the mafia cause she was having an affair with the president.
I don't really see why the Mafia would care about her affair, but it wouldn't surprise me to learn that the CIA were involved. On the other hand she had been popping pills for years, and she probably did just take an overdose by accident.

5 Kings: 1 throne

Last edited by Angus; 20-03-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 07:41 PM #19
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Conor View Post
Reading a lot of books on her and on other things related to her death,I can go with that one too, I agree.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 07:44 PM #20
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

The only real conspiracy theory that holds any water for me concerns the last war in Iraq, the fact that Blair and co deliberately took outdated information they held on Iraq, distorted it, then fed it as a valid reason for invading. And the subsequent cover up including the "assisted" suicide of Dr David Kelly.
Old 20-03-2011, 07:55 PM #21
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasown View Post
The only real conspiracy theory that holds any water for me concerns the last war in Iraq, the fact that Blair and co deliberately took outdated information they held on Iraq, distorted it, then fed it as a valid reason for invading. And the subsequent cover up including the "assisted" suicide of Dr David Kelly.
It wouldn't surprise me If world leaders are always twisting information to suit their agendas

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 08:00 PM #22

Quote:
Do you subscribe to any? Are they all nonsense? Do you believe all are true?

There are so many out there, literally hundreds of them

Which ones are true? Does it affect your life in anyway if they are true?

I will mention a few and for each one ask yourself how you would react if you discovered some evidence proving beyond a shadow of a doubt it was true

Final question for now

Don't really agree with any of those. There could have been more than one gunmen with the Kennedy assassination. Not sure who 'they' are meant to be mind you.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 08:10 PM #23
0_o

0_o

I believe aspects of the 911 one. So many things just dont add up.

I watched the loose change thing, and while some of the 'proof' is ridiculous and is debunked quickly, some other things the 'official explanation' for doesnt really satisfy me. I think there was a lot more too it than we are led to believe...but dont totally believe that the government was behind it as such...more that they allowed it to happen for their own reasons
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 09:52 PM #24

To discount any theory would be foolish as time time again throughout history quite a few of them turn out to be true.
http://conspiraciesthatweretrue.blog...cies-from.html
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-03-2011, 11:12 PM #25
Nothing in excess

Nothing in excess

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post
To discount any theory would be foolish as time time again throughout history quite a few of them turn out to be true.
http://conspiraciesthatweretrue.blog...cies-from.html
So many involving the Reagan Administration too.
No matter that they act like senile 12-year-olds on the Today programme website - smoking illegal fags to look tough and cool. No matter that Amis coins truly abominable terms like 'the age of horrorism' and when criticised tells people to 'fuck off'. Surely we all chuckle at the strenuous ennui of his salon drawl. Didn't he once accidentally sneer his face off?
- Chris Morris - The Absurd World of Martin Amis

BB_Eye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
conspiracy, theories