Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB7 Discuss what winner Pete Bennett, Glyn, Aisleyne, Nikki and the other BB7 housemates are doing now, and all that happened in Big Brother 7.

Old 20-05-2006, 05:56 AM #1

Default Perfect Pete?

You know, it is just possible that despite all of his problems, Pete is actually not a nice person.

He has an enormous advantage over the others with the PC public - anything anti-social that he does can be excused as part of his disorder.

Worse than that, anything anti-social that he does will reinforce just how brave he was in the first place to come on the show.

As a watching nation, it is our duty to try to see through the tourettes to the Pete underneath and, if he is being a git, to vote with our feet!

He will of course win, hands down.
Warmtoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 08:08 AM #2
Banned

Banned

He seems fine to me...
JakeyBoy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 08:10 AM #3

Quote:
Originally posted by Warmtoe
You know, it is just possible that despite all of his problems, Pete is actually not a nice person.

He has an enormous advantage over the others with the PC public - anything anti-social that he does can be excused as part of his disorder.

Worse than that, anything anti-social that he does will reinforce just how brave he was in the first place to come on the show.

I can see your point....really I can but I think Pete really is a nice guy in my opinion...
As a watching nation, it is our duty to try to see through the tourettes to the Pete underneath and, if he is being a git, to vote with our feet!

THE_JUNK_MAN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 08:39 AM #4

Quote:
Originally posted by Warmtoe

True, having a disorder does not mean you're a nice person, and it doesn't mean you should be allowed to do whatever you want.
But so far, Pete has been a rather nice bloke, overall. He's been interacting with various members of the group, and seems rather gregarious. He's been better behaved than some of the members without neurological disorders, like Shahbaz for example.
Also, in no shape or form has he tried to get sympathy votes. Remember Nadia from BB5? Always whinging about how hard things were for her as a transexual, how it would mean so much to her if she were to win?
Pete, on the other hand, has done no such thing. Granted, it's early days, but he doesn't seem to act like someone who's going to go into the diary room and beg for the sympathy vote.

All I'm saying is that no, you shouldn't chalk up everything he does wrong to his tourettes, but you shouldn't write him off as having nothing going for him but the sympathy vote.
Fangz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 09:13 AM #5

So far I too think he seems to be a funny alright guy and the h/m's seem to like him too.

But I agree any behaviour good or bad shouldn't be based or excused by his condition!!
Bubs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 09:25 AM #6

I'll second what Fangz has said.

I liked Nadia from BB5. But she did let everyone know that she went in to be accepted and it did mean the world to her that she won. I think her case is a lot different to Pete's though.

I think people are a lot more prejudice towards transexuals than they are towards people with Tourettes Syndrome.

I did not like how, in the highlights show last night, that BB producers emphasised Pete's Tourette's Syndrome even when he wasn't on screen. All I noted from last night was how every ten seconds we heard Pete swearing or whistling. There was too much emphasis put on it and if producers have pre-decided a winner.. it is Pete without a doubt.

He is a nice bloke and he has made the effort with the rest of the group. I just find him really irritating to watch. Not as irritating as Shahbaz.. but still irritating.
Lance is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 09:39 AM #7
WAHEY

Favourites:
BB12: Jay
BB11: John James

WAHEY

Favourites:
BB12: Jay
BB11: John James

LOL fangz i agree with you in the nadia aspect. she used being a transexual for sympathy vote cos she was different. pete will no way use this as a weapon to gain his popularity via the sympathy vote from what ive seen so far.

seems like a tidy enough guy pete.

lance i disagree, big brother loved nadia and wanted nadia to win 100%, but this is not the case with pete.
Kore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
perfect, pete