Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB2 Brian Dowling, Helen and Paul, Dean and the rest of the Big Brother 2 housemates from 2001.

Old 29-12-2001, 12:34 PM #1

Default Helen on The Saturday Show

This was the morning when there was supposed to be a clash between Brian on SM:TV/CUK and Helen on the Saturday show.

I only started watching at about 10:15 so I'm not sure what happened before then. I didn't see any of Brian at all so if he was on it must have been right at the start and he didn't come back later. Helen was definately on, but I didn't see any sign of Brian (I kept channel flicking). Does anyone know if he was on? I know he was on last week, I think they must have moved him forward a week.

Anyway, Helen was definately on The Saturday Show. I don't know whether she was in the bit I missed, but i did see her participate in 'Risk'. The three contestants this week were Helen fans and they had to remember how many votes Helen got at the end. They were fairly hopeless. One said 40,000, one said 6million and one said 9million. Even though she was miles and miles out the 40,000 won.

She won one of Helens sparkly tops, but decided to risk it for a whole pile of stuff that included a signed BB video and Helen video.

She nominated Helen to play 'Risk' for her. She started off really well, but then started to lose concentration and didn't manage to finish in the time, so the pink sparkly top got crushed. The girl was trying to pretend she wasn't upset, and Helen looked devastated. I felt really sorry for her.

She was also on breifly at the end when they were asking people what their highlights on 2001 were. Helen said her highlight was 'meeting Paul Clarke in the Big Brother house'. Then they showed various Helen moments from BB.

Even though it sounds as though she was on quite a lot in the show, the two appearances I saw seemed really quick, and she didn't actually say much at all. I think she only said about 3 sentences in total.

:santa::xmas::noel::xmas2::frosty::snowman::rudolp h:

I had to use all the christmas smilies - just for one last time!!
LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-12-2001, 03:39 PM #2
Administrator

Administrator

I didn't see Brian on SM:TV either but I was flicking back and forth between that and BBC1 as well, so I might have missed him if he was only presenting one of the awards.

Helen was on the Saturday Show from round about 9.30 a.m. Apart from what you've already mentioned, she also took part in a karaoke meddley of Five's hits, along with Will Mellor and the chap who presents the Saturday Show. Danni Behr asked her if she was a good singer because she was Welsh, to which Helen replied 'I'm no Tom Jones!' She then proceeded to belt out a couple of lines of 'We Will Rock You'.

Wasn't it great when she said the highlight of her year had been meeting Paul. Bless them. :xmas:

Helen looked lovely and seemed to enjoy herself, apart from losing the 'Risk' game - I felt really sorry for her then. I'm sure she'll manage to find another sparkly top to give the girl, though!! And the diamond cross she was wearing was beautiful.

Roll on Hogmanay for our next fix of Helen & Paul.
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
helen, saturday, show