Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2011 UK [S8] Series 8 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor with judges Gary, Tulisa, Kelly and Louis.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:48 PM #76

at least Louis is there, he's my fav
'Conor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:53 PM #77
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

I think it will be good.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:54 PM #78

i am actually happy, because i hated Simon & Cheryl and there now gone.. so like im happy
'Conor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:48 PM #79
Team Flack

Team Flack

God it is WEIRD seeing Gary in those pics, I see he nicked one of TT's bodyguards. He's gonna be knackered, with the tour and this.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:52 PM #80
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Tulisa really does look like she's just got out of bed. What an awful outfit to wear for her first official XF appearance.
Callum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:13 AM #81

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman
X Factor 2013: Hannah Barrett

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman
X Factor 2013: Hannah Barrett

If anyone's interested; after going to the auditions yesterday, these are my opinions on the judges:

Louis: Legendary as always. I really do think it would've been a shame if he had gone although he does say yes to nearly everyone. Also, similarly to his little tiff's with Simon, there was a lot of banter between him and Gary.

Gary: Suprisingly, he seems to have taken up Simon's role of the "mean one" and is quite funny and harsh on a lot of the acts. I didn't expect to think much of him but thought he was really good.

Kelly: Kelly was brilliant. A lot like Danni in the fact that she said exactly what the audience was thinking and was completely right, even if it might not make her too popular with some of the crowd. But also lovely and really chilled and friendly with the acts.

Tulisa: Again, I really didn't want her on there. She was better than I thought but by far the worst. There was a lot of "just keep it real", "Don't try and be something you're not" and "this is your moment right here." Just a bit chavy for my liking.

I don't think it'll be the same for me without the other judges (I could've lived without Cheryl). But it was quite sad, for the first time not to hear Simon, Cheryl and Danni's iconic voices.

Last edited by james130; 02-06-2011 at 12:13 AM.
james130 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:24 AM #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by james130 View Post
If anyone's interested; after going to the auditions yesterday, these are my opinions on the judges:

Louis: Legendary as always. I really do think it would've been a shame if he had gone although he does say yes to nearly everyone. Also, similarly to his little tiff's with Simon, there was a lot of banter between him and Gary.

Gary: Suprisingly, he seems to have taken up Simon's role of the "mean one" and is quite funny and harsh on a lot of the acts. I didn't expect to think much of him but thought he was really good.

Kelly: Kelly was brilliant. A lot like Danni in the fact that she said exactly what the audience was thinking and was completely right, even if it might not make her too popular with some of the crowd. But also lovely and really chilled and friendly with the acts.

Tulisa: Again, I really didn't want her on there. She was better than I thought but by far the worst. There was a lot of "just keep it real", "Don't try and be something you're not" and "this is your moment right here." Just a bit chavy for my liking.

I don't think it'll be the same for me without the other judges (I could've lived without Cheryl). But it was quite sad, for the first time not to hear Simon, Cheryl and Danni's iconic voices.
Interesting.

I think Mel B should have been a judge though. She was rumoured to be one. But she is popping out a 3rd baby soon so that could be a reason why she isn't.

I hope Kelly and Tulisia can establish themselves quickly. I mean yeah Kelly has been an okay solo artist. Not just Destiny's Child. But only a "niche" market of people know about N Dubz!

To be fair.. has N Dubz even had a number 1? :S I do think Tulisa will be good though. Just looking at the panel seems a bit random. Gary and Louis look like they should be there. But Kelly and Tulisa look random. Also Tulisa looks older than 22 :S I think it's her outfit and the way she's got her hair.

I am looking forward to it though. I hope the British Public gives it a chance too!
Beastie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:31 AM #83
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Okay, this just looks too weird...I don't like it

It's just Simon's absence that I can't take. No Simon, no show. Don't get me wrong, Gary is the only one worthy of replacing him, and the only decent addition to the panel, but this show is really going to struggle to work without Simon himself. Really, he should have not returned to BGT at all, as he's not needed, but instead returned to the XF Live Shows, as he'll be needed more here. I just...can't see this working, or being worth watching.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:48 AM #84
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Quote:
Originally Posted by james130 View Post

Thanks for this

I think Tulisa will add another dimension to the show and encourage hip-hop/rap acts and be more for the younger generation to relate to.

Kelly sounds great!

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:50 AM #85

I don't get why theyre saying they started today, surely today was the 2-3 prelims before you get to see the judges? Aint Gary on tour?
King Gizzard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:32 AM #86
Team Flack

Team Flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
I don't get why theyre saying they started today, surely today was the 2-3 prelims before you get to see the judges? Aint Gary on tour?
They havn't got a show until the 3rd.

edit: Tour http://www.takethat.com/live

Last edited by Princess; 02-06-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Princess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:20 AM #87
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastie View Post
Interesting.

I think Mel B should have been a judge though. She was rumoured to be one. But she is popping out a 3rd baby soon so that could be a reason why she isn't.

I hope Kelly and Tulisia can establish themselves quickly. I mean yeah Kelly has been an okay solo artist. Not just Destiny's Child. But only a "niche" market of people know about N Dubz!

To be fair.. has N Dubz even had a number 1? :S I do think Tulisa will be good though. Just looking at the panel seems a bit random. Gary and Louis look like they should be there. But Kelly and Tulisa look random. Also Tulisa looks older than 22 :S I think it's her outfit and the way she's got her hair.

I am looking forward to it though. I hope the British Public gives it a chance too!
Mel B isn't a judge because she's on the Australian X Factor instead.
Callum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:49 AM #88
Truth hurts.

Favourites (more):
CBB9: Gareth Thomas
CBB8: Jedward
Truth hurts.

Favourites (more):
CBB9: Gareth Thomas
CBB8: Jedward

I do think that he might feel he's too old to judge new pop talent and the only reason he's on the US version is to promote it until it's up and running and then move away from that - just a guess.

He is 51/52 so is losing touch with modern music. Nine years on both American Idol and Pop Idol/X Factor might be enough.

If XFUS works, give it a couple of years and see if Simon leaves that too. He does look happier and more relaxed on BGT. He might well decide to do the American and British 'Got Talent' is my guess.

By the way, I know Louis is even older, but he's there for the comedy value.
cub is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:48 PM #89
dope

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Josie
dope

Favourites (more):
UBB: Nikki
BB11: Josie

Tulisa doesn't seem to be going down very well at the moment, apparantly shes been constantly booed throughout the auditions and out the arena.
BringItOn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
confirmed, judge, ndubz, tulisa, x factor