Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Announcements / Suggestions / Help Announcements from Admin, member suggestions and forum help

Old 26-05-2012, 10:01 PM #251

Favourites (more):
BB14: Daley
BB12: Aaron

Favourites (more):

They work for me.
Samuel. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 10:03 PM #252
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salman! View Post
How the site used to look before (according to some archive website):

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

How the site looks now:
Spoiler:

I mean I am aware that the current site has had a few tweaks, and has improved a tiny tiny bit from before, but it seems that the TiBB homepage was much better in the past. Especially that second screenshot. Which means that the site has sadly been neglected.
I remember when it looked like the first one. I never thought I'd say this but I actually miss that layout, it was a tad dull but so much better than the current one. The homepage actually seems to have gotten worse with each update.
Callum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 10:05 PM #253
User banned

User banned

There you go Sam
Spoiler:

Last edited by Me. I Am Salman; 26-05-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Me. I Am Salman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-05-2012, 10:47 PM #254
Sam:)

Favourites (more):
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton
BB16: Marc
Sam:)

Favourites (more):
CBB16: Natasha Hamilton
BB16: Marc

I remember the first one form when i used to lurk
Sam:) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 02:25 AM #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan. View Post
Okays, this literally took about 20 mins, and while it's just a quick mockup, it's far better than what we have now (IMO anyway).

Firstly, a nice, clean, cohesive homepage, focused on BB news with a link to the forum:
Spoiler:

Next, to complement that, a better laid out forum with clearer headings and less intimidating 'junk text'. Tbh this needs a bit more work:
Spoiler:

Just an idea, I'd love tibb to become a major fan site to complement the thriving community, and it really wouldnt be all that hard to do :P
I like the graphics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
The homepage layout is good as it is, it's just the actual design that's quite appalling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrluvaluva View Post
I really like your design Ryan, but agree with Shaun that the size and blocking of the type could do with some tweaking, but I think the site could do with something like that. I like your ideas too Samuel.

With all respect, the homepage looks very outdated and could do with a serious overhaul. It's not very eye catching (excuse pun) and should be interesting, not only in content, but also in the layout, as I am sure a lot of new members will be drawn to the news page first. They will want to find what they are looking for straight away, and navigation should be easy. There are other sites out there who have more appealing home pages.

Outdated polls and such like that have no meaning any more should be removed also as they make it seem as it has not been updated for a long time with obsolete information on there, and we are now only a couple of weeks away from the new series.
Yeah it is pretty basic. It could do with a nice design. I've always actually thought though that content is the most important thing on a website, and what gets people returning. One of the problems in the past we had was that the design changed every year and the way of adding content changed to, and some of it was lost. I'm not great at graphics either.

The reason there are so many links to forum threads is basically to draw visitors' attentions to the best part of the site - the forum.

On the subject of the polls I am going to add some new ones. I did remove some very outdated ones but left the current one so there was something there.

Quote:
Ryan that is bloody amazing
Tbh the homepage was really off putting when I first stumbled upon tibb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
It looks like something from 2005, serious overhaul needed
Quote:
To be honest, if I was visiting the site for the first time, and I arrived at the homepage from a quick search, I wouldn't be impressed as it looked like it hadn't been updated in a long while until very recently. The eye logo should have been on there a while ago etc. Do the powers that be not think is needs a kick up the backside or are they not particularly bothered? Attitudes towards the home page seem to have been quite laxidasical for quite a while in terms of layout and content in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
Well if it wasnt an admin that was implementing the design then it would involve giving certain people access to admin areas of the forum, and for a complete overhaul they would probably need access to the website cp too, maybe admin wouldn't feel comfortable enough doing that, who knows? I would certainly be wary about giving random people access to any of my website cps though.
Yeah, we could do with some more Admin help but the point about giving access is the tricky one. I think a lot of people on here could help with the graphics and design but wouldn't know about the programming aspect. Even if someone provided a new design I think it would still be up to me to plug it in to the site. With the new forum themes that Matt and Mollie designed I had to make them work with the forum. That was actually quite a lot of work, and would be the same for a new design.

Actually the top part of the homepage used to look nicer, it had pictures of the previous winners as well as the current logo. That was designed by Nicky. I had to get rid of it for site performance reasons but I could bring it back now I think without it affecting that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam:) View Post
Since my other homepage suggestion looks like a "99c Tabloid...."
Yeah, I like this better than your previous ones.

Quote:
Codes are written on test pages and only implemented once admin are happy with them. Codes can also be mailed to admin and copied in by themselves. Passwords can also be shared and changed. And members who have been here on the forum for some time do not necessarily fall under the umbrella of random people.

James is only one person. And it's no skin off my nose what they do, as it doesn't benefit me in any way, but some people seem to actually care about the fact that it is such a mess, so why not enlist help? If trust is never put in other people, then nothing will ever change. Delegation is what is needed maybe?
Yeah delegation would be good, if I could arrange it.

Quote:
There you go Sam
Spoiler:

I spent quite a lot of time making the news system for the first one though we had to change it when we moved to a VBulletin forum.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 11:19 AM #256

Nothing wrong with the current design layout. It's decent.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 11:25 AM #257

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Maybe if TiBB's the only site you ever visit. It's terribly outdated compared to most forums though.
Samuel. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 11:34 AM #258
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel. View Post
Maybe if TiBB's the only site you ever visit. It's terribly outdated compared to most forums though.
Have to agree.

Both Ryan and your examples bring it back into touch and if only your input and ideas could be implimented in some way.

As for the recent

Christ: so poor it's shocking - if this is an honest forum and one that it open to constructive feedback: this is really poor and low standard - especially given what some members here are able to offer.

In fact: it's nothing but an insult to those members who ARE good at this side of things.

Let's run a poll that's completely out of date.

Let's have a homepage that the fonts are all so very different, completely aesthetically unpleasing, a myriad of colours that don't work: the 'new Polls and Forum' bars not being consistent in respect of justification / colour / presentation.

A homepage that looks as though it's been 'cut' on the left hand side.

Is this REALLY as good as it gets?

And before people start mouthing off at me: it's called constructive feedback.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 11:36 AM #259

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan. View Post
Okays, this literally took about 20 mins, and while it's just a quick mockup, it's far better than what we have now (IMO anyway).

Firstly, a nice, clean, cohesive homepage, focused on BB news with a link to the forum:
Spoiler:

Next, to complement that, a better laid out forum with clearer headings and less intimidating 'junk text'. Tbh this needs a bit more work:
Spoiler:

Just an idea, I'd love tibb to become a major fan site to complement the thriving community, and it really wouldnt be all that hard to do :P
This looks amazing
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 11:37 AM #260

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
And before people start mouthing off at me: it's called constructive feedback.
I don't think anyone will mouth off, we all agree
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 11:49 AM #261
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
I don't think anyone will mouth off, we all agree
If I was a gambler Jordan... I think I'd put a bet there!
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
mess, site