Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:15 AM #26

A Spoof Image made yersterday
by a London poster
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:17 AM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
not entirely sure this type of story is the best for cracking jokes.... just saying Arista.

We are meant to live in a civilised country. This is an absolute disgrace and it shows the mentality of quite a section of people these days. I'm disgusted and appalled at it and them to be perfectly honest.

I was not joking

If a Tesco was there
this Gang would have Burnt it up fast
after looting.

Last edited by arista; 07-08-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:20 AM #28
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
I was not joking

If a Tesco was there
this Gang would have Burnt it up fast
after looting.
Refers you to your post before this one.

I'm pretty sure the people and residents won't be finding any of it amusing. Some very sick people out there these days.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:22 AM #29

Quote:
Refers you to your post before this one.

I'm pretty sure the people and residents won't be finding any of it amusing. Some very sick people out there these days.

Yes the Outside Gang looted and Burnt
they knew once two Police Cars were burning
they would get control of other shops.

Last edited by arista; 07-08-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:28 AM #30
You know my methods

You know my methods

Its one of the many horrible parts of london. no surprise.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:56 AM #31

Disorder on the streets public unrest a lack of leadership everybody questioning if anybody is listening! oh hi tory goverment i hope your holiday is fun!
cameron and clegg are away sunning themselves at taxpayers expense (or more likely hiding) while the country unravels.
its just like the 80,s tory twats.
Anybody that was too young to know or too stupid to remember and voted these ***** in this is what a tory goverment entails deja vu they havent changed.

Last edited by billy123; 07-08-2011 at 12:00 PM.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:03 PM #32
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Its one of the many horrible parts of london. no surprise.
I have to admit, it's not a part of London I like.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:12 PM #33
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post
Disorder on the streets public unrest a lack of leadership everybody questioning if anybody is listening! oh hi tory goverment i hope your holiday is fun!
cameron and clegg are away sunning themselves at taxpayers expense (or more likely hiding) while the country unravels.
its just like the 80,s tory twats.
Anybody that was too young to know or too stupid to remember and voted these ***** in this is what a tory goverment entails deja vu they havent changed.
A thug waves a gun at police and is shot. Consequently, the dead-heads he associated with instigate a riot.

What has that got to do with the Tories? Mind you, it's pretty flattering that anyone would think they'd made that much impact in just fourteen months of being in power. I think they've been more tied up with trying to unravel the financial mess that a decade of Labour always leaves.

Incidentally, MPs holidays are not paid for from the public purse. Labour politicians go on holiday too... only Tony Blair never paid for his, of course.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:25 PM #34
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
A thug waves a gun at police and is shot. Consequently, the dead-heads he associated with instigate a riot.

What has that got to do with the Tories? Mind you, it's pretty flattering that anyone would think they'd made that much impact in just fourteen months of being in power. I think they've been more tied up with trying to unravel the financial mess that a decade of Labour always leaves.

Incidentally, MPs holidays are not paid for from the public purse. Labour politicians go on holiday too... only Tony Blair never paid for his, of course.

I have to agree 100% with your comments in bold, in particular your very first sentence.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:27 PM #35
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post

That's a little unfair, now that the guy's dead at the hands of the police it's convenient to demonize him and label him a "gangster", a "thug" etc. but that's just an attempt to justify it.

All we know at this moment is that shots were fired and a father of four has ended up being shot twice in the face so badly that his mother couldn't even recognise him apparently. Sure he shouldn't have a gun in the first place but his cousin had recently been stabbed and he was becoming paranoid, one of the local residents even said of him that "he wasn't a troublemaker" and that "he's never had trouble with the police before".

I think we should wait until we know the full details of what has happened before we judge the guy and declare him guilty until proven innocent. Given the police's recent history with shootings and deaths - Jean Charles de Mendez, Ian Tomlinson etc. - I'd say there's good reason to be suspicious

Last edited by MTVN; 07-08-2011 at 04:28 PM.
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:32 PM #36
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
That's a little unfair, now that the guy's dead at the hands of the police it's convenient to demonize him and label him a "gangster", a "thug" etc. but that's just an attempt to justify it.

All we know at this moment is that shots were fired and a father of four has ended up being shot twice in the face so badly that his mother couldn't even recognise him apparently. Sure he shouldn't have a gun in the first place but his cousin had recently been stabbed and he was becoming paranoid, one of the local residents even said of him that "he wasn't a troublemaker" and that "he's never had trouble with the police before".

I think we should wait until we know the full details of what has happened before we judge the guy and declare him guilty until proven innocent. Given the police's recent history with shootings and deaths - Jean Charles de Mendez, Ian Tomlinson etc. - I'd say there's good reason to be suspicious
Precisely. Run about with a loaded gun, point it at someone else carrying a loaded gun and the chances are you might end up dead. That's what happened.

If he was a big enough man to run around with a loaded gun:- he paid the price. Sorry, no sympathy here from me: for him or the thugs and scum bags who rioted in protest and those who caused the mayhem that followed.

I understand what you are saying, I just happen to not share the same view.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:45 PM #37
User tanned

Favourites:
BB11: Corin
X Factor 2010: Rebecca Ferguson

User tanned

Favourites:

Quote:
well he is guilty. Carrying a gun and avoiding arrest are crimes. You wave a gun around at police and this is exactly what can happen.

And each case is different you can't lump them all together. Sometimes police have to make split second decisions in highly charged situations.
Zippy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:03 PM #38
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
well he is guilty. Carrying a gun and avoiding arrest are crimes. You wave a gun around at police and this is exactly what can happen.

And each case is different you can't lump them all together. Sometimes police have to make split second decisions in highly charged situations.
Clearly that's now what I was talking about, I meant judging him as guilty of being a "gangster" or a "thug", a guy who was somehow clearly deserving of being shot dead.

And sure, I didn't say they were different, I was just pointing out that it might be best to wait before we know more details before we decide the police are innocent of any wrongdoing here
Old 07-08-2011, 05:14 PM #39
V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael21 View Post
woo wooo woo here come the riot police
See them about twice a week in Belfast.

Old 07-08-2011, 05:17 PM #40
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
SNIP/

Do you realise how many people are arrested in the UK every day and how many that would be since the Mendez botch? YOu make it sound like there have been like 2 arrests - there are over a million a year for crying out loud.
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:18 PM #41
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

I cant believe the protesters are being allowed to do this much damage,if it was BNP supporters the police would be in there within a matter of seconds.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:26 PM #42

Quote:
Clearly that's now what I was talking about, I meant judging him as guilty of being a "gangster" or a "thug", a guy who was somehow clearly deserving of being shot dead.

And sure, I didn't say they were different, I was just pointing out that it might be best to wait before we know more details before we decide the police are innocent of any wrongdoing here

Anyone that Pulls a Gun out
must be killed
That is Common sense.

You do not have to pull out a Gun.
You Roll Your Dice.

Last edited by arista; 07-08-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:31 PM #43
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:

How many normal, everyday, law abiding citizens do you know that go around with a loaded gun?

Does it not strike you as it being less that all innocence for someone to possess such a firearm, far less resist arrest with it in his possession? He was not shot for possession - he was shot because his actions showed he intended to use it. He took a gamble - he lost.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:33 PM #44
User tanned

Favourites:

User tanned

Favourites:

Quote:
well there's a bigger picture, sure.

But just in the context of the incident itself he was guilty of a serious crime and was an immediate danger. Even if he turns out to be a Mother theresa figure this doesn't change the facts of that night. Wave a gun at police and you may well get shot.
Zippy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:38 PM #45
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
Do you realise how many people are arrested in the UK every day and how many that would be since the Mendez botch? YOu make it sound like there have been like 2 arrests - there are over a million a year for crying out loud.
Huh? I'm just talking about events where police have ended up killing someone, in light of which and there being no other evidence I think people have a right to consider it a bit questionable

Quote:
How many normal, everyday, law abiding citizens do you know that go around with a loaded gun?

Does it not strike you as it being less that all innocence for someone to possess such a firearm, far less resist arrest with it in his possession? He was not shot for possession - he was shot because his actions showed he intended to use it. He took a gamble - he lost.
Well like I said in my earlier post his cousin had been stabbed recently and of the 4 arrested for it 3 have been bailed and the 4th released, apparently he became increasingly paranoid. Perhaps not in this country but I think you'll find a lot of law abiding citizens own guns.

Again, we don't know the details of the shooting, we don't know anything about the guy so stop pretending like you do
Old 07-08-2011, 05:54 PM #46
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Huh? I'm just talking about events where police have ended up killing someone, in light of which and there being no other evidence I think people have a right to consider it a bit questionable

Well like I said in my earlier post his cousin had been stabbed recently and of the 4 arrested for it 3 have been bailed and the 4th released, apparently he became increasingly paranoid. Perhaps not in this country but I think you'll find a lot of law abiding citizens own guns.

Again, we don't know the details of the shooting, we don't know anything about the guy so stop pretending like you do

It is not normal for UK citizens to run about with loaded guns.

I don't need to pretend to make my mind up about any citizen, who refuses arrest, who owns and weilds a loaded gun at the police, with intent. He sure as hell wasn't carrying it around with him to impress the ladies with what was in his pocket.

I'm quite happy to see scum like this off our streets. You play with guns, expect to be shot.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:13 PM #47

Yes a Gun pointed
is a Death Wish.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:19 PM #48
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Initial ballistics tests on the bullet that lodged in a police officer's radio when Mark Duggan died on Thursday night show it was a police issue bullet, the Guardian understands.

The Guardian's crime correspondent, Sandra Laville, reports:

The revelation will fuel the fury in Tottenham about the killing of Mark Duggan by armed officers.

It also undermines suggestions that there was an exchange of fire between Duggan and the police before he died.

The bullet which was found lodged in the radio of one of the officers at the scene is still undergoing forensic tests. But reliable sources have said the first ballistics examinations suggested it was a police issue bullet.

These are very distinct as the Metropolitan Police uses dum dum type hollowed out bullets designed not to pass through an object.

The early suggestion from the IPCC was that the Met officers had returned fire after someone in the minicab opened fire. But the result of the ballistics early test suggests both shots fired came from the police.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/20...ce-duggan-live

Hate to say I told you so but...

Last edited by MTVN; 07-08-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:28 PM #49

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Initial ballistics tests on the bullet that lodged in a police officer's radio when Mark Duggan died on Thursday night show it was a police issue bullet, the Guardian understands.

The Guardian's crime correspondent, Sandra Laville, reports:

The revelation will fuel the fury in Tottenham about the killing of Mark Duggan by armed officers.

It also undermines suggestions that there was an exchange of fire between Duggan and the police before he died.

The bullet which was found lodged in the radio of one of the officers at the scene is still undergoing forensic tests. But reliable sources have said the first ballistics examinations suggested it was a police issue bullet.

These are very distinct as the Metropolitan Police uses dum dum type hollowed out bullets designed not to pass through an object.

The early suggestion from the IPCC was that the Met officers had returned fire after someone in the minicab opened fire. But the result of the ballistics early test suggests both shots fired came from the police.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/20...ce-duggan-live

Hate to say I told you so but...
It still doesnt change that the protesters are wrong for destroying peoples buisnesses,or throwing bricks at peoples windows.

As ive already said if it was the BNP supporters causing all this damage,the police would have came within a matter of Minutes at most.

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 07-08-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:40 PM #50
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedward fever View Post
It still doesnt change that the protesters are wrong for destroying peoples buisnesses,or throwing bricks at peoples windows.

As ive already said if it was the BNP supporters causing all this damage,the police would have came within a matter of Minutes at most.
Well that's dumb, the police were right on the scene, there were dozens of them out in riot gear, what motivation would they have exactly for allowing these riots to happen and not a BNP riot?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
london, riot, tottenham