Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:37 PM #1

Lightbulb Amy Winehouse Topless in New Daniel Edwards Sculpture

http://popcrush.com/amy-winehouse-topless-sculpture/

Quote:
Famed sculptor Daniel Edwards is tipping a hat to the late Amy Winehouse with a topless bronze rendition.

If Edwards’ name sounds familiar to you, he was the one who sculpted a cartoon-inspired metal piece meant to resemble Justin Bieber's genitalia.

The artist’s tribute to Winehouse, ‘Memorial Portrait for Amy Winehouse’ — which was apparently a request by Facebook fans — shows the ‘Valerie’ singer with a smoothed hairstyle containing peaceful flowers and birds. Below her face, however, she’s bare chested and bony, and arguably lacking in the cleavage department, if you ask us. “I thought of her as a beautifully delicate fairytale princess, waiting to be rescued from fame and addiction, but her prince never came,” Edwards said of his latest piece. “I had always expected to sculpt her portrait, but I was waiting for her to put some of her troubles behind her. She had made me pay attention to contemporary music again.”

The artist’s rep, Cory Allen, said the piece is supposed to warn people of the effects of eating disorders. He explained, “The portrait of Amy is dedicated to those struggling with addiction and eating disorders. Nobody should have to go through what Amy went through.”
Well, I suspect that "fans" of Winehouse will be less than delighted .....

Last edited by Omah; 11-09-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Omah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
amy, daniel, edwards, sculpture, topless, winehouse