Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB12 Big Brother 12 started on Thursday Sept 9th 2011 on Channel 5 for a 9-week run. The series was won by Aaron. Tell us what you thought about the housemates and series in this forum.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:10 AM #26
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH95 View Post
Aaron knew what was going on, so people can stop this 'but poor Aaron was in the dark for the whole time' nonsense. Secondly, if Jay and Louise want to spend that kind of money on friends, why shouldn't they? Because the 'Lord' of the house says no?
Because they do not have the money as yet. BB can still change the rules you know, and there is nothing to say that any of the housemates will honour their agreement. They could all have agreed, but meant not a word of it.

On that premise: why should Aaron have been expected to give up half his 'official' share for a birthday gift? His money, his choice and he should be respected for that - especailly when the cash isn't in their hip pockets yet.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:12 AM #27
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cell View Post
I would be willing to spend money that I didn't even have in my hand yet especially if I would still be leaving 3500, 12 500 or 9500 richer. I like watching people get gifts and see the enjoyment they get from them, but I wouldn't spend 500 out of my own bank account, if it was money I didn't have yet I wouldn't be so attached.
And if you'd have been left with less than £500 ...... you'd feel the same would you, when you were the only person in the house to have a child that you could use that money on, especially with Xmas around the corner? Because that's what Aaron was being forced into doing: and I am so pleased he stood his ground.

His dignity remains intact.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:15 AM #28
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Default u

Quote:
Originally Posted by karezza View Post
BBBOTS revealed the results of an online poll.

How much should the housemates have spent on birthday presents:

with 3 options
1. £1000
2. £500
3. Nothing

63% said nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
63% in favour of Aaron then....
Great to read that..... surprised it's not higher tbh.

I'm one of the most generous people I know - and there is no way I'd have been forced into this which is precisely what BB was doing - and by god, they KNEW what they were doing with Aaron last night. Completely setting him up.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:03 AM #29

Favourites (more):
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard
CBB14: Gary

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
And if you'd have been left with less than £500 ...... you'd feel the same would you, when you were the only person in the house to have a child that you could use that money on, especially with Xmas around the corner? Because that's what Aaron was being forced into doing: and I am so pleased he stood his ground.

His dignity remains intact.

Agreed. And as Aaron stated, he wouldn't even spend that on his son so why would he on people he's just shared a house with.

As far as Im concerned, he is the honest one. I'd never spend such obscene amounts of money on a present - especially things like Shoes or a flamin watch fgs, and have never so much as spent that on my much adored kids

Ridiculous
G1dds is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:12 AM #30

Favourites:
BB12: Harry
CBB8: Paddy

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
But they should still have told Aaron that they were, it made it look like they did it deliberatley to make Aaron look bad...

Thats what you say. I watched it and it was clear they did it to be nice. At the end of the day BB offered them no other options. And the money is not theirs and I would have played along with it just for the controversy and to see Tom and Alex faces when they received the present.

Aaron is a tight fisted greedy get. Look at the way he jumped up the minute BB mentioned spending the money he didn't wait for any other options he was rushing to leave the DR. I am not suprised they didn't mention it to him again.
soundslike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:13 AM #31
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1dds View Post
Agreed. And as Aaron stated, he wouldn't even spend that on his son so why would he on people he's just shared a house with.

As far as Im concerned, he is the honest one. I'd never spend such obscene amounts of money on a present - especially things like Shoes or a flamin watch fgs, and have never so much as spent that on my much adored kids

Ridiculous
The crucial point that many who are slating Aaron appear to be missing is this:

The housemates agreed to split the money into £10k each.

Jay, Louise and Aaron all agreed not to spend money on the gifts.

Jay and Louise opted to break that agreement, to change their mind, without discussing it further with Aaron - despite them all agreeing.

Who therefore is to say that Jay and Louise will not do the same with the supposed agreement to equally share the £10k? Who is to say they wont' change their minds then.......without discussing this change of mind - despite them having agreed.

If anything - I'd say this puts them in an even worse light: that their word means nothing - and that there is every chance they will do the same regarding the agreed split on the £50k. Why? Because both of them have now shown that a mutual group agreement means nothing and that they cannot be trusted as their word being their bond.

Own goal methinks !
Old 08-11-2011, 09:15 AM #32

Favourites:

Favourites:

[QUOTE=Pyramid*;4732053]Because they do not have the money as yet. BB can still change the rules you know, and there is nothing to say that any of the housemates will honour their agreement. They could all have agreed, but meant not a word of it.

On that premise: why should Aaron have been expected to give up half his 'official' share for a birthday gift? His money, his choice and he should be respected for that - especailly when the cash isn't in their hip pockets yet.[/QUOTE]

Yes and Jay and Louise respected him by not pestering him again. They knew his stance on that and decided not to ask again. Their money their choice and they should be respected for that too.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:16 AM #33
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundslike View Post
[/B]

Thats what you say. I watched it and it was clear they did it to be nice. At the end of the day BB offered them no other options. And the money is not theirs and I would have played along with it just for the controversy and to see Tom and Alex faces when they received the present.

Aaron is a tight fisted greedy get. Look at the way he jumped up the minute BB mentioned spending the money he didn't wait for any other options he was rushing to leave the DR. I am not suprised they didn't mention it to him again.
If they did it to be nice: why then, as soon as Jay and Louise went into the bedroom having bought the gifts: did Louise start bitching about alex, and the fact that Alex wouldn't share things that belonged to Alex, with her (Louise) -.... why then did Louise say, "You don't give to receive.... BUT....." ....which very conveniently WASNT shown on the HLs show.

Because there was nothing genuine in the gesture on Louise's part - and that came over loud and clear.

Jay felt guilty - shown by his rage later on. Shown by him changing the prize money allocation perspex signs...... feeling guilty because he KNOWS he was in the wrong - and Jay never ever admits to him being wrong - he takes it out on everyone else in the only way he knows how - to be aggressive and threatning.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:18 AM #34
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundslike View Post

Yes and Jay and Louise respected him by not pestering him again. They knew his stance on that and decided not to ask again. Their money their choice and they should be respected for that too.
What is their money? They HAVE NOT received any money yet.

Louise respected no one. She showed so little respect for Aaron that she deliberately excluded Aaron from this sudden change of mind.

She has no respect even for herself - how on earth can you expect her to respect anyone else.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 08-11-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:22 AM #35
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

As for Jay saying "We came in with nothing, so it doesn't matter"

Funny that he didn't share the same sentiments when BB suggested gifts in the £1000 bracket eh!!

Suddenly he wasn't so assured of his "We came in with nothing, so it doesn't matter", train of thought when it was a grand they were asked to cough up.

What a two faced lying git he is - amongst all other things.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:28 AM #36

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
What is their money? They HAVE NOT received any money yet.

Louise respected no one. She showed so little respect for Aaron that she deliberately excluded Aaron from this sudden change of mind.

She has no respect even for herself - how on earth can you expect her to respect anyone else.

Yes they have not received any money yet. For all they know BB could be paying for the presents. Either way I would have gone along with it as I came into the house with just my money and anything I earn would be a bonus.

I would have excluded Aaron he is so high on principles when it fits that I wouldn't waste my breath trying to get him involved in the issue again. And If Louise whinged about Alex I would have too if she is as selfish as they say she is. It wouldn't stop me spending BB money on presents just to see the outcome of it.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:31 AM #37

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
As for Jay saying "We came in with nothing, so it doesn't matter"

Funny that he didn't share the same sentiments when BB suggested gifts in the £1000 bracket eh!!

Suddenly he wasn't so assured of his "We came in with nothing, so it doesn't matter", train of thought when it was a grand they were asked to cough up.

What a two faced lying git he is - amongst all other things.

After thinking about it you can change your mind you. The two face lying greedy git is Aaron the jumping up out of the chair and trying to leave the DR while BB were still talking says it all for me.

Well done Louise and Jay. That put Mr Uppity firmly in his place.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:34 AM #38

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
The crucial point that many who are slating Aaron appear to be missing is this:

The housemates agreed to split the money into £10k each.

Jay, Louise and Aaron all agreed not to spend money on the gifts.

Jay and Louise opted to break that agreement, to change their mind, without discussing it further with Aaron - despite them all agreeing.

Who therefore is to say that Jay and Louise will not do the same with the supposed agreement to equally share the £10k? Who is to say they wont' change their minds then.......without discussing this change of mind - despite them having agreed.

If anything - I'd say this puts them in an even worse light: that their word means nothing - and that there is every chance they will do the same regarding the agreed split on the £50k. Why? Because both of them have now shown that a mutual group agreement means nothing and that they cannot be trusted as their word being their bond.
Own goal methinks !
Oh do you mean like Aaron and the nominations. Yeh right!
Old 08-11-2011, 09:34 AM #39

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If they did it to be nice: why then, as soon as Jay and Louise went into the bedroom having bought the gifts: did Louise start bitching about alex, and the fact that Alex wouldn't share things that belonged to Alex, with her (Louise) -.... why then did Louise say, "You don't give to receive.... BUT....." ....which very conveniently WASNT shown on the HLs show.

Because there was nothing genuine in the gesture on Louise's part - and that came over loud and clear.

Jay felt guilty - shown by his rage later on. Shown by him changing the prize money allocation perspex signs...... feeling guilty because he KNOWS he was in the wrong - and Jay never ever admits to him being wrong - he takes it out on everyone else in the only way he knows how - to be aggressive and threatning.

I agree (again lol ) - highlighted by Loo telling them (a million times) that her & jay spent £500 of "their" money to buy the presents - and then was asking Alex if she mentioned to BB what a nice thing they did. It speaks volumes that she used underhand tactics to look good.

On the other hand, I honestly think jay got swept along by Louise . He now knows he should have mentioned it to aaron instead of sneaking off into the Diary Room, and knows that aaron is right about how it comes across - hence his aggression

I think even jay has been manipulated by the cold, calculating Louise - men aside (sorry men, sweeping statement here ), there isnt a chance in hell that she wouldnt have considered mentioning to aaron - she CHOSE not to tell him to put him in a bad light because lets be honest, jay isnt the sharpest tool
G1dds is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
birthday, online, poll, present, results