Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2011 UK [S8] Series 8 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor with judges Gary, Tulisa, Kelly and Louis.

Old 14-11-2011, 05:29 AM #1
Honourary Super Moderator

Honourary Super Moderator

Default Two Bust Ups

Link

Quote:
TWO huge bust-ups threw X Factor into further turmoil last night – the fallouts capping a chaotic weekend that was dogged by fix allegations and power failures.

As a tearful Kitty Brucknell, 26, got voted off – consoled with a hug and an offer from guest performer Lady Gaga to “go get a drink!”– it was revealed that Tulisa had blasted fellow judge Gary Barlow’s “out of control ego”.

And it was also revealed that judge Kelly Rowland is embroiled in a nasty favouritism war with one of her own acts, Irish teenager Janet Devlin. Things are so bad that the pair are *apparently no longer speaking.

Both rucks capped a stormy weekend for the ITV1 show, which was also rocked by claims that axed contestant Amelia Lily’s return was a “fix”, while a technical glitch took the live programme off air for the first time in its history.

But it is the spat between Kelly and Janet which threatens to be the most *destructive. Janet, 17, is said to be feeling “unloved and ignored”.

She believes mentor Kelly is deliberately snubbing her in favour of fellow act Misha B.

The former Destiny’s Child star failed to spend any time with Janet in the run-up to Saturday’s show, instead concentrating on helping Misha.And on Thursday when Janet chose not to go on a night out with Kelly and Misha to see Tinie Tempah, the judge apparently said: “Good.”

The frostiness between the pair was evident on Saturday’s show after Janet sang a slow version of Queen’s Somebody to Love.

Gary Barlow slated it as “boring”. But rather than stick up for her act, 30-year-old Kelly simply said: “Janet worked really hard this week and went back to her roots. I respect her for that.”

An insider said the tension between the two had reached boiling point and would only get worse next week because Kelly now has Amelia Lily to look after as well. Amelia was voted back on to the show at the weekend to replace Frankie Cocozza, who was axed for taking cocaine.

The source said: “Kelly spent a lot of last week promoting her own album and so didn’t have much time for her girls.

“The little she did have went on helping Misha and Janet felt very left out.

“Then there was a plan for the three of them to see Tinie Tempah and when Janet said she didn’t want to go, Kelly made it clear she was pleased that it would just be her and Misha. She actually said ‘Good’ when she heard Janet wasn’t going.

“Now Janet feels unloved and ignored. She is convinced that Kelly will devote all her time to Misha and Amelia and none to her. But Kelly can’t just ignore her, it simply isn’t fair. Janet is only 17.

“She needs Kelly to look after her a bit, otherwise this is all going to go horribly wrong. As it stands, the pair are barely speaking and Janet is really p***** off.”

Judges Tulisa and Gary are also at loggerheads after he tried to interfere with the way she mentors her one remaining act, girl group Little Mix.

After the main show, Gary explained why he had branded them “predictable”.

He said: “They had great vocals but what I want to see is something different. Then Tulisa let it slip in the corridor that they will be doing something different next week, so OK, fair enough, now she’s listening to me.”

Denying his remarks had anything to do with it, Tulisa fired back: “His ego is out of control, isn’t it? Gary could have a party with his ego, he really could. We should have a birthday party just for his ego.”

The row rumbled on backstage and the pair were not speaking as they left the X Factor studio. One insider said: “Tulisa can’t believe Gary is trying to take the credit for Little Mix trying a new style next week.

“Tulisa made it quite clear that she doesn’t need his help when it comes to knowing what’s best for the group.

“He may be in a successful band, but so is she, and Tulisa really thinks he is getting above himself in the ego department.”

Also over the weekend, the show had to contend with two technical glitches.

First a power failure at the BT Tower blacked out the first 15 minutes of *Saturday’s show. Then ITV’s Scottish arm, STV, seemed to give away that Amelia Lily had won the viewer vote and would be returning to the show at 8.06pm – more than an hour before the phone lines closed at 9.17pm.

Denying a fix, an ITV spokesman insisted: “STV has no visibility of the vote or any connection to it. It was an error which saw stories about all four contestants erroneously published in advance of the vote being finalised.”

3X FACTOR and BBC1’s Strictly Come Dancing were neck and neck in the ratings on Saturday. Both shows peaked at 11.8million viewers.
Kerry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 06:58 AM #2
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

omg, it's all going on!

I hope they don't have Kelly back next year. I haven't liked her at all. I can't get what she sees in Misha in terms of actually having the X Factor, because Misha certainly hasn't. Can she sing, god yes, and I really liked her take on Gaga this week, but she isn't attracting the votes, 2nd time in the bottom two already, she has no hope of making the final. She comes across as arrogant and sly and she is so ungracious whenever Dermot speaks to her, head down, muttered replies, face like a wet weekend. Janet on the other hand is bubbly and appealing, I would be appalled if Misha outlasted her.

I loved Kitty, imo she was the full package, great voice, loads of personality and pulled out all the stops every week. I am sure she won't be forgotten and hope she makes it.

Kate! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 07:18 AM #3

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

To be fair Janet sounds well moany and annoying. And we all predicted that Kelly would favour Misha... She's a young black artist. What more can I say..
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 07:25 AM #4

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Hopefully Janet out this week and Gary sacked at the end of the series
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 09:41 AM #5

Has anyone got the footage of the results show so we can see if Janet and Kelly really did have an arguement? You could normally tell if Janet doesn't hug Kelly or anything

Oh and Tulisa did take Gary's advice because now she is already preparing for a ballad without even knowing the theme Gary is really playing all the other judges with their contestants. Telling Kelly that Janet needs to go back to where she began, then when she does, tell Janet she is boring With Tulisa saying she needs to do something different with little Mix (despite week after week doing the same thing with Craig and Marcus and Frankie when he was there)... Next week I am sure he will call Little Mix boring for doing a ballad

This week he was nice to Amelia, but wouldnt surprise if if next week he starts saying she is predictable too for singing mainly high notes

At what point were all the judges nice to the acts last year? I think it was about when they got to last 6, they were mainly just really nice to everyone and stopped playing the game, just bigging up their own, but also very respectable to the others still remaining as getting to the last 6 is an achievement anyway. This year I feel they will still be completely gunning each others acts next week.

Last edited by MusicXian; 14-11-2011 at 09:46 AM.
MusicXian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 09:53 AM #6
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I thought Janet looked really upset on Sunday. I feel bad for her, she obviously has a far better chance of winning than Misha, I reckon Kelly is a bit of a bitch tbh. They should let Louis take Janet over instead as he has no acts left. I really love Janets voice but I think she's coming across as completely disheartened, I hope she can turn it around.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 09:55 AM #7

Louis would be great for Janet aswell IMO like he was for Kitty. I think his song choices would be good for her and he would take alot of care for her being Irish and all... however its impossible to happen, that said with Kelly having 3 left and Louis 0, I am sure Janet could ask for his advice.
Old 14-11-2011, 09:59 AM #8
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Anyone would be better for her then Kelly I think MusicXian. Poor Janet, she's only a kid really, I think she needs a bit of positive support more than anything else.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:

Last edited by Niamh.; 14-11-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 14-11-2011, 10:08 AM #9

This extract was from digitalspy blog after saturday

"Though we wouldn't be surprised if Janet Devlin kicked off backstage as the judges continued to contradict themselves over the direction she should be taking."

IMO that says it all really, and I am afraid for her well-being on the show at the moment. She has already quoted that she was ill on Monday and Tuesday from stress after her performance last week and now you have an egotistical judge like Gary Barlow telling her she is boring after saying she should go back to doing ballads in the first place. Obviously constructive criticism is fair enough for her and she needs that, and if XF fans called her boring like some do on here then its fair enough, but for a judge to call her boring and saying she doesnt work hard enough, and leave it at that is crazy. This is the same guy who put through Frankie over James, Joe and others. Then Kelly who is in love with Gary or something never seems to stick up for her at all. Janet already seems timid as it is in front of an audience, she is not helped by either of them 2. Louis needs to help (and was the only one doing so on Saturday) while Tulisa at least gave 'constructive' criticism saying she needed to be in a certain mood to listen to her, but she can see why she has a fanbase.

Last edited by MusicXian; 14-11-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 14-11-2011, 10:13 AM #10
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Yeah, I agree MusicXian. Kelly and Gary, I really liked at the start but they're so egotistical and up themselves Tulisa I thought I'd like least but I really like her now. I think maybe it's because she's not as famous as them two and still is in touch with reality.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Old 14-11-2011, 10:29 AM #11
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Yeah, I agree MusicXian. Kelly and Gary, I really liked at the start but they're so egotistical and up themselves Tulisa I thought I'd like least but I really like her now. I think maybe it's because she's not as famous as them two and still is in touch with reality.
Agreed, I thought Gary would be great, but he is just bitchy...Simon could be bitchy but he was witty and warm with it, and he never put down other acts unless they sang really badly.... Gary is contradicting himself week in week out. Kelly does my head in with her americanisms that no body can fathom.... even the styling this year is crap, I used to love the competition between Danni and Cheryl....fashion wise...the outfits this year are mainly horrendous...what WAS Kelly wearing Saturday night...she looked like a Mormon or a Vicar, and as for Tulisas dress...less said the better.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 02:18 PM #12
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicXian View Post
Has anyone got the footage of the results show so we can see if Janet and Kelly really did have an arguement? You could normally tell if Janet doesn't hug Kelly or anything

Had a look at it on catch up,Kelly is out of camera shot, Janet standing next to Mischa, he name is called, she is safe, its really awkward she turns to give Mischa a hug but it is not really reciprocated, Kelly never moved, what a bitch, and how unprofessional, she is a 30 year old woman who really should know better.

Then Ameiia Lily was saved, standing right next to Kelly, she never moved, Ameila turned to giver her a hug, she barely acknowledged it and went back to rubbing Mischa Bs arm....now not being too cynical here but Im thinking Kelly got rid of Amelia to begin with as she was too much competition for Mischa...hope she goes out next week...Mischa that is.....

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 14-11-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 03:47 PM #13
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
To be fair Janet sounds well moany and annoying. And we all predicted that Kelly would favour Misha... She's a young black artist. What more can I say..
No, don't agree with the first part, Janet's always come across well on the xtra factor, much better than Misha. Your second point about Kelly favouring Misha is right on the money though, it's been all about Misha from the start, positive discrimination is as bad as racism and a lot of people get away with it. I hope they boot Kelly out after this series.

Kate! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 03:54 PM #14
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Favourites (more):

I dont like Kelly but Janet does seem like a cold person so I can understand why Kelly wouldnt like her much,plus Janet is limited on what she can do as proven when she forgot the words on club classics.

The only reason I think people feel sorry for Janet and come up with excuses for her is because shes 16.

I'm a sick bitch.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 04:55 PM #15
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):

Its all about Amelia forget them 2

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 04:56 PM #16
Focus

Favourites (more):

Focus

Favourites (more):

And on Alan Carr last night they all seemed to get on well and just banter a lot.

Old 14-11-2011, 04:56 PM #17
Focus

Favourites (more):

Focus

Favourites (more):

(the judges)

Old 14-11-2011, 05:31 PM #18

Quote:
I thought Janet looked really upset on Sunday. I feel bad for her, she obviously has a far better chance of winning than Misha, I reckon Kelly is a bit of a bitch tbh. They should let Louis take Janet over instead as he has no acts left. I really love Janets voice but I think she's coming across as completely disheartened, I hope she can turn it around.
Me too....though she hasn't been at her best these past three weeks, and knows it. Rather than celebrate her birthday, it looked like she had come from a funeral!!! She has a fan base which has saved her, but she needs a PERFORMANCE this week to bring belief back to the camp. Kelly is obv pulling for Misha, bet she goes on AFTER Janet again this week..... And there are no easy 'pickings' left to 'vote off' anymore.....
robb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 05:33 PM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jords View Post
Its all about Amelia forget them 2
I said all along Kelly got it wrong when she chose Sophie ahead of her.....and what a confident comeback!!! She looks the part too....
robb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 05:49 PM #20

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Sharon Osbourne
BB2023: Yinrun

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Sharon Osbourne
BB2023: Yinrun

I think this may be just exaggerated and probably untrue. They are making a big deal over tulisa and garys spat when it clearly wasnt even a bit dramatic. They try and create drama out of nothing lol
Old 14-11-2011, 06:01 PM #21
0_o

0_o

Then ITV’s Scottish arm, STV, seemed to give away that Amelia Lily had won the viewer vote and would be returning to the show at 8.06pm – more than an hour before the phone lines closed at 9.17pm.

---

but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 06:08 PM #22
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

go away Janet

Kelly is immature with her 'im not speaking to you' crap :/

Spoiler:

Saph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 06:10 PM #23
Focus

Favourites (more):

Focus

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by robb View Post
I said all along Kelly got it wrong when she chose Sophie ahead of her.....and what a confident comeback!!! She looks the part too....
I love Sophie imo she shouldnt have picked Misha, unlikable as hell.

Old 14-11-2011, 06:29 PM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

I reckon Misha was bottom of the votes when Sophie went,but Kelly doesnt know anything thats why she managed to kill off the best category of this series.

I'm a sick bitch.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 06:30 PM #25
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedward fever View Post
I dont like Kelly but Janet does seem like a cold person so I can understand why Kelly wouldnt like her much,plus Janet is limited on what she can do as proven when she forgot the words on club classics.

The only reason I think people feel sorry for Janet and come up with excuses for her is because shes 16
Alot of people love her voice, I understand that it's a bit different and may not be some peoples cup of tea but I think it's beautiful and so do alot of other people (quite obviously as she's not been in the bottom 2 yet)

Spoiler:

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bust, ups