Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB9 Celebrity Big Brother 9 on Channel 5, was shown January 2012 and won by Denise Welch. Discuss the series here.

Old 29-01-2012, 04:02 PM #1

Default Were people duped into hating the twins...

With clever editing, and use of people like Natalie Cassidy (Use of a supposed trusted face) going around the shows, saying stuff to people who probably were not even watching the series, but might have tuned into the final and voted, it all just proved to me yet again, how you can whip up the people of this country into a Nationalistic Xenophobic frenzy, against people from another country.
Kirk could not even point out where the USA was on a map and yet admitted that he has the dosh to have been there a number of times.........

Most of the dislike of the twins seemed to be due to their alleged relationship with Hugh Heffner, when most people really know that an 85 is hardly likely to be even capable these days.

Confessions of an ex playmate, were maybe referring to the lethario's exploits over 20 years ago.

The other thing used against them was that Karissa had made a sex tape, with her boyfriend, well I have not seen it and are hardly ever likely to, but I have had sex with my partner and I liked it......so what is the big crime there or was it because he was black....

Last edited by tonyface; 29-01-2012 at 04:20 PM.
tonyface is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 04:23 PM #2
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

I do believe there was a concerted effort on BOTs and in the Desmond owned media to show them and Michael in a bad light, ...it was very similar to the type of bad editing and lack of support Aaron received ...in Aarons case it turned into votes as it put peoples backs up rather than turned them towards Jay or Alex, but in the Twins case, the old national rivalries were aired, and spurred on by the likes of Pete Burns, they didnt get it, they didnt get us, they shouldnt even be here, it should be British celebs, its a British institution, once it became a Britain v America final, it was a fairly pointless exercise voting for the Americans.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 04:29 PM #3
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

Of course they were. Who in their right mind could possibly dislike the twins? They're adorable!
Old 29-01-2012, 04:29 PM #4

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Speidi
CBB 10: Julian Clary

Favourites (more):

It's because they didn't get their tits out!!
dathadiguy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 04:30 PM #5

Duped into disliking them...??? NO...!!!
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 06:13 PM #6

I hope you are joking, right?
The twins are self loathers arrogant beyond belief and they were bi*&hing behind everyone's back at all time. what great people they are!

They represent all the nasty selfish behavior that seem to be the norm in today's society, no respect for anyone, not even themselves, honestly saying they are nice, generous and good housemates or even good role models, give me a break, all they want is money, money, money and the first reflex they have is to ask if they are going to be paid extra for TALKING to someone or doing anything at all.

Typical American behavior, no sense of community or awareness of anything but their belly button.

As for Kirk not knowing where is America, may I remind you that most American have no idea where Canada is! their neighbor, and biggest trade partners (biggest trade partners in the world as well and supplier of 70% of their oil and energy)

So if you want self absorbs and no so clever, do not look further than the twins, with very nasty as a bonus gift.

What's not to like, ho so nice!

Last edited by Carniala; 29-01-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Carniala is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 06:16 PM #7

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Trish

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Trish

I clearly haven't been watching the same show as some of the haters, that is all I have to say in this thread.
Scotty07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 06:27 PM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherieB View Post
I do believe there was a concerted effort on BOTs and in the Desmond owned media to show them and Michael in a bad light, ...it was very similar to the type of bad editing and lack of support Aaron received ...in Aarons case it turned into votes as it put peoples backs up rather than turned them towards Jay or Alex, but in the Twins case, the old national rivalries were aired, and spurred on by the likes of Pete Burns, they didnt get it, they didnt get us, they shouldnt even be here, it should be British celebs, its a British institution, once it became a Britain v America final, it was a fairly pointless exercise voting for the Americans.
It wasnt pointless as such because we got them into the finals. Would loved to have seen either of them win but I agree with the Natalie thing and I wouldnt be surprised if she had a lot to do with it. Then many standing up for Denise when she was clearly in the wrong. They were no worse than any of the others in the house and I am glad to say that I voted for them although my majority of votes went to Michael. I do not regret doing this in any way.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 06:30 PM #9

The twins are horrible. end of.
tomflint is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 06:33 PM #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniala View Post
The twins are self loathers arrogant beyond belief and they were bi*&hing behind everyone's back at all time. what great people they are!

They represent all the nasty selfish behavior that seem to be the norm in today's society, no respect for anyone, not even themselves, honestly saying they are nice, generous and good housemates or even good role models, give me a break, all they want is money, money, money and the first reflex they have is to ask if they are going to be paid extra for TALKING to someone or doing anything at all.

Typical American behavior, no sense of community or awareness of anything but their belly button.

As for Kirk not knowing where is America, may I remind you that most American have no idea where Canada is! their neighbor, and biggest trade partners (biggest trade partners in the world as well and supplier of 70% of their oil and energy)

So if you want self absorbs and no so clever, do not look further than the twins, with very nasty as a bonus gift.

The house was turned against the twins and Michael by the likes of Natalie, Nicola and Denise. This is proven by the amount of nominations each gained during their stay. They each had 13....so I wonder who "bitched" behind whos back. Natalie only had 1 or two votes, the 1 was enough for the public to get her out. Denise was the main instigator where Michael was concerned, she nominated him in the first lot and then the 2nd and third, he didnt nominate her first of all but did for the 2nd and third. She was a woman scorned imo.
Jules2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 06:35 PM #11
charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

the twins are allways thinking there better then everyone ha ha ha
Marcus. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 08:33 PM #12

Quote:

Prejudices, but not many objective observations on their actual behaviour in the house, which quite frankly showed our so called celebrities up.
Kirk & Frankies, constant references to their sexual wishes and desires, and Denise who's behaviour firstly stalking Micheal and then the twins was was positively creepy.
Old 29-01-2012, 08:57 PM #13

Quote:

Totally agree
Jackie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 09:21 PM #14
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules2 View Post
It wasnt pointless as such because we got them into the finals. Would loved to have seen either of them win but I agree with the Natalie thing and I wouldnt be surprised if she had a lot to do with it. Then many standing up for Denise when she was clearly in the wrong. They were no worse than any of the others in the house and I am glad to say that I voted for them although my majority of votes went to Michael. I do not regret doing this in any way.

Yes agreed, I could have put it better, I suppose I meant it was pointless from the point of view that once you suggest a nation v nation scenario, it would be very difficult for them no matter how entertaining to come out on top.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 09:23 PM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
Totally agree
So none of the other housemates bitched about other housemates or is that just a negative trait exclusively latent in Americans to which the Brits valiantly rose above. At least the Twins and Michael were open about who they disliked. Nice to see you're supporting Natalie btw, that paradigm of goodwill and honesty.
dathadiguy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 09:28 PM #16
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dathadiguy View Post
So none of the other housemates bitched about other housemates or is that just a negative trait exclusively latent in Americans to which the Brits valiantly rose above. At least the Twins and Michael were open about who they disliked. Nice to see you're supporting Natalie btw, that paradigm of goodwill and honesty.
Hear Hear! They all bitched and like you said atleast the twins weren't sly about it. I read an interview with Natalie in a magazine today where she said "She was robbed" (but she's not arrogant) and also said it hurt her so much when the Twins nominated her, they were calling her aunty Natalie the day before .............excuse me Natalie didn't you nominate them as well?? but they have no feelings? yeah?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 29-01-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 09:40 PM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Hear Hear! They all bitched and like you said atleast the twins weren't sly about it. I read an interview with Natalie in a magazine today where she said "She was robbed" (but she's not arrogant) and also said it hurt her so much when the Twins nominated her, they were calling her aunty Natalie the day before .............excuse me Natalie didn't you nominate them as well?? but they have no feelings? yeah?
Great post........I think Natalie has lived in Television land all of her life, being told what a National Treasure she is, and actually believes it so much.

Accussing someone else of arrogance is in itself an act of arrogance because you are implying and working on the assupmtion that you are better than the other person...

Last edited by tonyface; 29-01-2012 at 09:41 PM.
tonyface is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 09:42 PM #18
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Xenophobic... boooooooooooooooring

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 09:45 PM #19
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyface View Post
Great post........I think Natalie has lived in Television land all of her life, being told what a National Treasure she is, and actually believes it so much.

Accussing someone else of arrogance is in itself an act of arrogance because you are implying and working on the assupmtion that you are better than the other person...
She was also pretty nasty about Georgia in that interview too, attacking her personality, I mean ok she was quiet in there but that's no reason to be so mean is it? Georgia was lucky the twins were in there really, the rest of the HMs were horrible to and about her, when her only crime was being a bit quiet.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 09:47 PM #20

Favourites (more):
BB12: Mark
UBB: Brian

Favourites (more):
BB12: Mark
UBB: Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyface View Post
With clever editing, and use of people like Natalie Cassidy (Use of a supposed trusted face) going around the shows, saying stuff to people who probably were not even watching the series, but might have tuned into the final and voted, it all just proved to me yet again, how you can whip up the people of this country into a Nationalistic Xenophobic frenzy, against people from another country.
Kirk could not even point out where the USA was on a map and yet admitted that he has the dosh to have been there a number of times.........

Most of the dislike of the twins seemed to be due to their alleged relationship with Hugh Heffner, when most people really know that an 85 is hardly likely to be even capable these days.

Confessions of an ex playmate, were maybe referring to the lethario's exploits over 20 years ago.

The other thing used against them was that Karissa had made a sex tape, with her boyfriend, well I have not seen it and are hardly ever likely to, but I have had sex with my partner and I liked it......so what is the big crime there or was it because he was black....
O please!!
Incensed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 01:06 AM #21

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 10: Mike ‘The Situation’

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 10: Mike ‘The Situation’

I dont know, BB can edit the show in any way they want to make some people look good and others bad, even if they didn't it was sad to see a lot xenophobic comments on youtube, facebook and twitter.
vortex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 01:15 AM #22

Absolutely pathetic why cant you get it into your head that people just didnt like them because of their Arrogance and bitchiness? The accusations from the op asserting that anybody that doesnt like them was duped or is a xenophobe are childish and frankly offensive.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 04:07 AM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post
Absolutely pathetic why cant you get it into your head that people just didnt like them because of their Arrogance and bitchiness? The accusations from the op asserting that anybody that doesnt like them was duped or is a xenophobe are childish and frankly offensive.
I was merely asking the question if anyone felt that some people had acted like the people in your signature photo, apparently quite a few people on here and on DS do.
Old 30-01-2012, 05:35 AM #24

Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren
BB12: Aaron

Favourites (more):

I get why the twins were entertaining. One question though. What makes them good people?
WozMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 12:50 AM #25

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

So no one actually likes the twins as people then? Glad we're all agreed on that :-)
WozMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
duped, hating, people, twins