Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB3 Chat about Kate, Alex, Jade Goody and anything to do with Big Brother 3!

Old 19-02-2012, 10:54 PM #26

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Fern Britton
BB2023: Trish

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Yes! I rewatched it last year, and even then - you could still feel as if it was such a massive big deal.
Just the way Davina spoke about it, and the audience got on and stuff - and that was the feeling I got from watching it on the computer 9 years on. I could only imagine what it would of been like in 2002.

Also though that feeling was very much there for BB7 aswell if I'm honest - although that was probably the very last time you had that 'Event' feeling with Big Brother.
I am not a big fan of BB7. Even though it had some great moments, I found it boring for the most part, although it did follow on from two consecutive amazing series in BB5 and my own favourite ever BB6, so I guess that didn't help my opinion of it. Maybe it's one I need to try and watch again though sometime?

It is very popular though with fans and I agree that one was probably the last that really felt like an event, but I remember the feeling of BB3 at the time a bit special and everything about the final and the excitement was perfect apart from Alex not winning. It must've been even more special for Kate fans.

On the topic of BB7 though, I can remember travelling to work on the tram the following friday morning after launch night and the school kids got on and they were all talking about it, but particularly about how wonderful Pete was. I was thinking "Erm no he wasn't, what's he done that's so wonderful?, apart from throw himself down the stairs and said wanker like 242 times already".

I just knew he was likely to be the winner there and then.

Last edited by Scotty07; 19-02-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Scotty07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 01:50 PM #27

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy bint View Post
Not one of my favourite series, the start was too slow. The producers, for some unknown reason, decided they were not going to give them any tasks for at least three weeks I think. Consequently the housemates were bored and made boring viewing. I remember emailing C4 begging for them to be given something to do.
What? LOL

There were like 7 pretty big arguments in the first few weeks and loads of other events. The previous BB's it had taken a while to get going as everyone was getting on and putting on happy faces but BB3 was just raw from day 1.

-Jade and Sunita arguing over drug addiction and Sunita accusing Jade of being to young to understand about what addiction is. That was so interesting and infurating to watch since the media had already reported that Jade grew up having to look after her heroin addict parents.

-Lynne telling Spencer she would kick him in the ****!!!

-Alex and Kate arguing over everything.

-Sunita became the 1st ever housemate to walk.

-The twist with Lynne and Jade at the time was shocking.

I could go on....

BB3 just had me gripped from day 1. There was such a buzz about it, everyone was talking about it. I remember being in a house party one night and this girls parents came home to watch the divide being put up live and like 15 of us teens sat down with her parents watching it lol. Showed what a wide age range tuned in.

BB didnt interfere with the housemates with silly little tasks, housemates were left to get on with it and thats what worked.

Now its seems "uncool" or sad to be a fan of the show.
They need to bring back the long walk to the studio through the screaming fans on evictions because it gave the show excitement and made it seem like an "event". Not just out of the house into a little crowd and onto a stage.

Memories

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 13-03-2012 at 01:56 PM.
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:28 AM #28

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Just realized it's also ten years since one of the greatest sequels and video games of all time was released.

What an epic year with the first truly great BB and this together.

Last edited by Scotty07; 11-05-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Scotty07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
10, bb13, realized, starting, year