Site Navigation

Notices

Sport Talk about all the latest events from the world of sport here

Old 11-07-2012, 10:54 PM #1
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Default Schumacher Hints At Staying For 2013

Quote:
Michael Schumacher has intimated that he is ready to hold contract talks with Mercedes about the possibility of extending his Formula 1 career.

Schumacher's initial three-year deal with Mercedes expires at the end of the current campaign and there has been much conjecture about whether or not he would continue.

The seven-time world champion retired from the sport at the end of the 2006 season but, after flirting with a possible return with Ferrari as a replacement for the injured Felipe Massa, was persuaded to launch a comeback by Mercedes GP team principal Ross Brawn.

A disappointing year last season prompted speculation that he would walk away but he is enjoyed a much better year, earning his first podium finish at last month's European Grand Prix in Valencia, and he has admitted for the first time that he is anxious to continue.

Admitting that he has "achieved very little" during his second spell in Formula 1, Schumacher told Germany's Sport Bild: "I am still not satisfied."

"There have been no talks between Mercedes and myself on an extension, but these talks will take place.

"I'm still highly motivated. Only time will tell for how long."

Brawn recently revealed he expected a final decision from Schumacher before the end of the summer break.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2013, hints, schumacher, staying