Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 26-06-2012, 02:03 PM #1
V.I.P

Favourites (more):
BBCanada: Talla
CBB 11: Speidi

V.I.P

Favourites (more):

Exclamation The Conor Hate is ridiculous. Give it a rest.

Right, get over it.

I record Big Brother - so I watch it a few hours after everyone else, so when I was on here last night from what I heard Conor made horrible remarks about Deana.
The way you lot made it out, was that he was a vicious bully who shouted these things at her etc etc So I agreed and went with it.

This morning? Well I watched the show - and I have to say, the majority of you are no ******ing better than the silly idiots who complain to the BBC over someone's line on EastEnders.
It's silly little people like you that bring the show down, and ruined it on Channel 4 - DO NOT do the same to Channel 5 I swear to God.

Josy made a comment on here, something similar to this - and I complete disagreed with her last night. But now? After seeing the episode? I agree completely.

Conor said it, in the most jokingly way possible - he could not of made it more comical if he tried. Everyone at the table KNEW he was kidding too, the voice he said it in was pure banter.

And it wasn't even said to Deana's face - even when he said he would 'Punch her' he maintained a humorous voice.
The language of course could be deemed threatening or abusive, in another context I agree - but then Big Brother called him to the Diary Room and reminded him of the rules.

Why the ****** are you lot acting, like the guy wasn't even called into the Diary Room?!

I wouldn't like to think for a second, the only reason this fuss has been kicked up is because the majority of people on this forum, haven't liked Conor from Day 1.
Yeah, you're all being ridiculously over the top - I don't condone violence towards women, clearly Conor doesn't either and that's why when he left the Diary Room he genuinely did seem sorry for what he had said previously.

And if you complained to Channel 5, you're a complete moron. I'm sorry, I don't care who you are - you're a moron.

The way it was actually said, the fact it wasn't to her face, the fact Big Brother DID step in, and of course the fact Conor had realized what he had done - shows that the situation isn't as bad as it's being made out.

We have had FAR bigger situations on Big Brother over the years, that have gone un-noticed.
Old 26-06-2012, 02:05 PM #2

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

He said he was angry so he did not say it in jest.

Conor - Get your epilator, stick it up your ass. We don't give a ******, cause i'm gonna split her face in two. I'll give her a fun game, i'll stick this up her *********g minge the stupid bastard. I'll give her a *********g epilator (pushes brush upwards)/ I'm gonna play loadsa pranks on her.
Because she's a *********g piece of s**t. I don't care if i get pulled up to the diary room.

Ashleigh - What if she chucked water on ya

Conor - I'd punch her in the face. Just knock her out (punches the air) I'd say, get up off the mat you piece of s**t.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 02:05 PM #3
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB14: Charlie
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB14: Charlie

Conor has brought it on himself
fruit_cake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 02:07 PM #4

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Meh, he's a bellend at the end of the day, he's a cretin and he only has himself to blame.
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 02:07 PM #5

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter
BB13: Deana

Favourites:
BB14: Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Right, get over it.

I record Big Brother - so I watch it a few hours after everyone else, so when I was on here last night from what I heard Conor made horrible remarks about Deana.
The way you lot made it out, was that he was a vicious bully who shouted these things at her etc etc So I agreed and went with it.

This morning? Well I watched the show - and I have to say, the majority of you are no ******ing better than the silly idiots who complain to the BBC over someone's line on EastEnders.
It's silly little people like you that bring the show down, and ruined it on Channel 4 - DO NOT do the same to Channel 5 I swear to God.

Josy made a comment on here, something similar to this - and I complete disagreed with her last night. But now? After seeing the episode? I agree completely.

Conor said it, in the most jokingly way possible - he could not of made it more comical if he tried. Everyone at the table KNEW he was kidding too, the voice he said it in was pure banter.

And it wasn't even said to Deana's face - even when he said he would 'Punch her' he maintained a humorous voice.
The language of course could be deemed threatening or abusive, in another context I agree - but then Big Brother called him to the Diary Room and reminded him of the rules.

Why the ****** are you lot acting, like the guy wasn't even called into the Diary Room?!

I wouldn't like to think for a second, the only reason this fuss has been kicked up is because the majority of people on this forum, haven't liked Conor from Day 1.
Yeah, you're all being ridiculously over the top - I don't condone violence towards women, clearly Conor doesn't either and that's why when he left the Diary Room he genuinely did seem sorry for what he had said previously.

And if you complained to Channel 5, you're a complete moron. I'm sorry, I don't care who you are - you're a moron.

The way it was actually said, the fact it wasn't to her face, the fact Big Brother DID step in, and of course the fact Conor had realized what he had done - shows that the situation isn't as bad as it's being made out.

We have had FAR bigger situations on Big Brother over the years, that have gone un-noticed.
if you are on conor's side then your a complete piece of you know what byebye

its ironic someone who is sticking up for conor comes on and starts a thread calling everybody morons etc etc lol no suprise i guess

Last edited by smeagol; 26-06-2012 at 02:09 PM.
smeagol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 02:08 PM #6
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

It was disgusting behaviour from Conor, as someone else pointed out he admitted to BB that he was very angry when he said it so your "just banter/joking" excuses are worth nothing Paddy.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 02:08 PM #7
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

I think the overreaction from everyone is a bit much. The group bullying made me more uncomfortable.
Old 26-06-2012, 02:09 PM #8
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

Patrick.....

I'm surprised to hear this from you. The massive majority think otherwise I'm afraid.

Kate! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 02:09 PM #9
V.I.P

Favourites (more):

V.I.P

Favourites (more):

Why do people feel the need to quote the OP?

And no. I recorded last night's show. I didn't say I'm on his side, the guy is still a vile bastard - I just think the way you lot are acting is ridiculous and it's not worth 'getting the show pulled off air' or 'throwing him out' over - and to COMPARE this to 2007's Race Row is laughable.
Old 26-06-2012, 02:09 PM #10

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julie Goodyear

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julie Goodyear

I agree complaining is an over reaction. And will just lead to more being covered up. However you cannot support Conor in this situation. What he said about Deana was disgusting. And I would hate to see how angry he would get if someone talked about his girlfriend like that.
mkbb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 02:12 PM #11
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Right, get over it.

IIt's silly little people like you that bring the show down, and ruined it on Channel 4 - DO NOT do the same to Channel 5 I swear to God.

I thought you said it was already runied, no LF etc etc, you were switching off etc ect,

Of course it will run its course, if people want to shout and complain thats up to them innit..

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 02:13 PM #12
나한테 복어 줘

나한테 복어 줘

Play the footage to the whole house. Then let Connor explain that he was joking, and that it was just banter.
Fish_Fingers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 02:14 PM #13
xo

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Dani
Survivor 34: Andrea

xo

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Dani
Survivor 34: Andrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish_Fingers View Post
Play the footage to the whole house. Then let Connor explain that he was joking, and that it was just banter.
Yeah exactly
and if it was supposedly 'banter' it's not funny, it's sick
Old 26-06-2012, 02:14 PM #14
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Thank God for the voice of reason Patrick ,I agree 100% in EVERYTHING you have said ,Im sure the fools who have taken the time to email ofcom are NOT true fans of the show, THEY are trying to destroy it, just as viewers did after CCB,
Im no fan of Conors and never will be, but a bully? NO WAY, I hate any type of abuse against a man or a woman,and after a very abusive ex marriage I know bullying, but Deana was NOT bullied, never has been, shes disliked,It is NOT a rule of the show or life itself that you have to like everyone ,Lydia is HATED in the house by Arron,Conor,Luke S and lots of others,but there is not ONE thread calling her"Poor Lydia"
I was called sick names last night for my defence of people rights to have their own minds and opinions,but I stand by every word i said
People who class themselves as TRUE fans of the show need to back off ,or risk the show being stopped for the REAL fans
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 02:14 PM #15

Quote:
Right, get over it.

You don't joke and banter about raping and assaulting a woman, not that he was joking or bantering, he said he wasn't, he said it was anger.

Quote:

As is anyone willing to defend him. I'd agree if they were complaining about anything else that's happened on BB so far except the race row, but they're complaining about a housemate who has basically commited an offence being kept in the house with someone he has threatened (seriously or not, as I said, you don't joke about things like that).

Quote:

No they haven't.

Last edited by DigitalSid; 26-06-2012 at 02:26 PM.
DigitalSid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 02:15 PM #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kate* View Post
Patrick.....

I'm surprised to hear this from you. The massive majority think otherwise I'm afraid.
Wrong its just a very silly and loud few that are too silly to realise how daft they are making themselves look.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 02:19 PM #17
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post
Wrong its just a very silly and loud few that are too silly to realise how daft they are making themselves look.
Old 26-06-2012, 02:20 PM #18
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Far from it, in the polls posted about it last night, it was in fact a very small minority that thought what he did was ok, most people were appalled.

Making ourselves look daft for objecting to someone threatening to physically hurt another person, I don't think so. He didn't just make one off the cuff comment, it was a full blown rant, and uncomfortable to watch. Had he done this to Lauren just as an example, she wouldn't have said it was alright like Deana has (which incidentally probably went a long way to saving his bacon) and he'd more likely have been out.

Kate! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 02:24 PM #19

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:

Agreed about some of the moaning. What he said was disgusting and he should have been thrown out but he wasn't and the producers aren't going to change their mind now on something that happened days ago so meh, no point in keeping moaning about it. If Deana survives this week he'll no doubt slip up again anyway.
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 02:31 PM #20

Favourites (more):
BB12: Faye

Favourites (more):
BB12: Faye

The hate is deserved in this case. A lot of people have gone mad over tiny things in the past but I honestly believe Deana was being bullied in yesterday's show and what Conor said was disgusting. I think the hate for him is justified.
Sam33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 02:31 PM #21

Quote:
There are just as many who don't realise just how bad the comments they're justifying are by supporting BB's decision not to appropriately punish it (the only appropriate way considering the things they've ejected housemates for before, is removal).

Last edited by DigitalSid; 26-06-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 26-06-2012, 02:32 PM #22
Locke.

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Paul Danan

Locke.

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Paul Danan

Agree with everything in the OP, this situation has just highlighted how out of touch with reality so many Big Brother viewers are.
Locke. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 02:34 PM #23
ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

ॐ❤✌❤ॐ❤☯❤ॐ❤✌❤ॐ

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB17: Tiffany Pollard

Alexandra got kicked out for saying "bang bang" and Conor gets to stay for saying he would punch someone in the face ...something is not right.

If this was Georgie Shore or something then fair enough we'd expect that sort of behavior from them, but this is Big Brother and I know everyone got a bit hysterical last night, including me, but i've been thinking about it today and something really does need to be done about it, whether it be Conor being removed (as much as I would like this, it is a little steep) or the footage being played back to him and Deana alone in the task room and let them discuss it between them etc..

Spoiler:

Last edited by Saph; 26-06-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Saph is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 02:35 PM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke. View Post
Agree with everything in the OP, this situation has just highlighted how out of touch with reality so many Big Brother viewers are.
How is it out of touch with reality to want someone punished for criminal threats of rape and punching a woman?

Last edited by DigitalSid; 26-06-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 26-06-2012, 02:36 PM #25
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
The hate is deserved in this case. A lot of people have gone mad over tiny things in the past but I honestly believe Deana was being bullied in yesterday's show and what Conor said was disgusting. I think the hate for him is justified.
She was asked by BB in diary room,away from hm8s, if she felt bullied she said NO

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
conor, give, hate, rest, ridiculous