Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 29-06-2012, 01:59 PM #1
Banned

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi

Banned

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 11: Speidi

Default Womens charity blasts ch5's big brother tv show!

Womens charity The (end violence against women coalition) has blasted conor and ch5 producers appauling behavior! News story here...

http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/big-bro...g-deana-uppal/

Last edited by Johnnyuk123; 29-06-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Johnnyuk123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 02:21 PM #2
yuh yuh

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Frenchy
BB15: Toya
yuh yuh

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Frenchy
BB15: Toya

Fallen on deaf ears though.
Bluerang1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 02:46 PM #3

why dont they get lost and deal with REAL life problems
rinkydinkpanther is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 02:56 PM #4

Over reaction.

I read another article about this and they make it sound as if he actually said those things directly to Deana too, they need to get the facts sorted out before they attempt to blast anyone tbh.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 03:02 PM #5
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

No Conor didn't say it to her face because his a coward and he knew that she would of wanted him to be removed.

There's only two reasons why some people aren't taking his threats so seriously.

1. It's because his in the Big Brother house so some people think his just acting all big infront of the cameras.

2. Is because he was rapping when he said those stuff, if he had of said it in a very serious tone like how Chris was going against Becky then I think everyone would be wanting this to carry on all the way until BB was forced to remove him.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 03:09 PM #6

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

very silly
Old 29-06-2012, 03:14 PM #7

"Big Brother 2012: End Violence Against Women Coalition hit out at Conor McIntyre’s bullying of Deana Uppal"

Now Look you Trouble Making Honeys
it was Verbal not Fists.
I bet you enjoy fisting
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 03:15 PM #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Mars III View Post
very silly

They Like being Spanked
when they get home
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 03:56 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mockinator View Post
No Conor didn't say it to her face because his a coward and he knew that she would of wanted him to be removed.

There's only two reasons why some people aren't taking his threats so seriously.

1. It's because his in the Big Brother house so some people think his just acting all big infront of the cameras.

2. Is because he was rapping when he said those stuff, if he had of said it in a very serious tone like how Chris was going against Becky then I think everyone would be wanting this to carry on all the way until BB was forced to remove him.
I agree with you partly on what you have said apart from the reasons why most people aren't taking it seriously, although you may be right about "most" but there are still about 40% I think of viewers across all Big Brother sites that are taking this very seriously and are appalled by it (IE about 640,000 viewers if that were accurately multiplied against the average nightly Big Brother viewing figures oif being betwe3en 1.5 and 1.7 m)

I think the real reason that many don' t take it seriously, not all, but many, and I know I'll get a lot of stick for this, and most won't dare believe anyone could be like that. But the main reason people aren't taking it seriously is that it's the same as how most people attack PC values.

It's OK to sometimes attack PC values but not use it as a reason to have a go every time. It's usually the same kind of people that accuse people of using the "race card" too often too. The reason they do these things and the reason that most don't take it seriously is that it takes away their right to be abusive.

They prefer it when they don't have to concentrate so hard on what they think inside their heads or concentrate so much before they say something to someone else in order to try to be civil and polite which is the main reason for most PC values but as that means effort to be polite and friendly that's why so many are against them.

He was only a few feet away from her though when he said it. How was he to know she wouldn't hear it. He didn't do it that quietly and didn't really make sure she wouldn't hear it. The reason nothing is being done about it IMO is that Big Brother seems to have a policy of encouraging bullying in the house because they think that stress created will make for good ratings. Note I don't say the conflict in the house because with the gangs having such power over the outsiders vote wise, the outsiders have to stay quiet or go into another room to vent off most of the time because they can't fight back as they know they will be up for eviction.

Caroline particularly knows this and uses it to toy with her victims as I'm sure she can see they'd like to have a go back at her but she knows they can't. Abusing people and toying with them like that when they are not able to fight back is cowardice IMO.

The reason I say Big Brother have deliberately encouraged bullying is the timing of when they took away the right to discuss. IE Just as the outsiders were starting to bond and starting to decide who they'd vote together for, and notice how they punished them for breaking rules over discussing nominations yet they still allowed those coded messages open chat and hints to effect who people voted for.

So Deanna and Lydia have really been set up by the gangs by organizing the block vote for them through the breaking of the rules of discussion which BB admits they have done otherwise why say they can't have alcohol for a week yet they have allowed that corrupting of the nominations to allow them to have chosen their victims to build up and they're doing nothing about stopping that highly corrupt and unfair eviction tonight.

These are the reasons I think that Big Brother (or at the moment I think it should be called Big Bully) has actually been encouraging and helping these bullies in order to improve the ratings.
cfromhx02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 04:01 PM #10
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Good on the charity.

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 04:07 PM #11

It was just a bloke losing his temper and rambling a load of nonsense....does everyone who ever says ill kill you mean it? if they did we would all be up as potential murderers....this group like so many are looking for attention and by stoking things up over something so innocuous and relatively trivial theyre undermining their own credibility and that of similar organizations....if theres a real case in the real world, abusers must be dealt with NOW, but this type of nonsense devalues and undermines all the good work.
rinkydinkpanther is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 04:19 PM #12

Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren
BB12: Aaron

Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren
BB12: Aaron

To be honest I have imagined killing someone who was being a total dick to me. I have never however imagined sexually violating them.
WozMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 04:28 PM #13

Good .
erinp5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 04:36 PM #14
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
"Big Brother 2012: End Violence Against Women Coalition hit out at Conor McIntyre’s bullying of Deana Uppal"

Now Look you Trouble Making Honeys
it was Verbal not Fists.
I bet you enjoy fisting
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 05:46 PM #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfromhx02 View Post
I agree with you partly on what you have said apart from the reasons why most people aren't taking it seriously, although you may be right about "most" but there are still about 40% I think of viewers across all Big Brother sites that are taking this very seriously and are appalled by it (IE about 640,000 viewers if that were accurately multiplied against the average nightly Big Brother viewing figures oif being betwe3en 1.5 and 1.7 m)

I think the real reason that many don' t take it seriously, not all, but many, and I know I'll get a lot of stick for this, and most won't dare believe anyone could be like that. But the main reason people aren't taking it seriously is that it's the same as how most people attack PC values.

It's OK to sometimes attack PC values but not use it as a reason to have a go every time. It's usually the same kind of people that accuse people of using the "race card" too often too. The reason they do these things and the reason that most don't take it seriously is that it takes away their right to be abusive.

They prefer it when they don't have to concentrate so hard on what they think inside their heads or concentrate so much before they say something to someone else in order to try to be civil and polite which is the main reason for most PC values but as that means effort to be polite and friendly that's why so many are against them.

He was only a few feet away from her though when he said it. How was he to know she wouldn't hear it. He didn't do it that quietly and didn't really make sure she wouldn't hear it. The reason nothing is being done about it IMO is that Big Brother seems to have a policy of encouraging bullying in the house because they think that stress created will make for good ratings. Note I don't say the conflict in the house because with the gangs having such power over the outsiders vote wise, the outsiders have to stay quiet or go into another room to vent off most of the time because they can't fight back as they know they will be up for eviction.

Caroline particularly knows this and uses it to toy with her victims as I'm sure she can see they'd like to have a go back at her but she knows they can't. Abusing people and toying with them like that when they are not able to fight back is cowardice IMO.

The reason I say Big Brother have deliberately encouraged bullying is the timing of when they took away the right to discuss. IE Just as the outsiders were starting to bond and starting to decide who they'd vote together for, and notice how they punished them for breaking rules over discussing nominations yet they still allowed those coded messages open chat and hints to effect who people voted for.

So Deanna and Lydia have really been set up by the gangs by organizing the block vote for them through the breaking of the rules of discussion which BB admits they have done otherwise why say they can't have alcohol for a week yet they have allowed that corrupting of the nominations to allow them to have chosen their victims to build up and they're doing nothing about stopping that highly corrupt and unfair eviction tonight.

These are the reasons I think that Big Brother (or at the moment I think it should be called Big Bully) has actually been encouraging and helping these bullies in order to improve the ratings.
All true. But have you seen the various people in charge of the programme? No chance of them making a sensible decision. They want ratings. They cannot risk another Shetty scenario but anything else is good news for them no matter how awful we think it is.
boomoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 05:56 PM #16

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

I haven't bothered to comment on that but here it is:

- Yes, he has some kind of attention deficit/ hyperactivity disorder thing where he will suddenly blurt and shout in over-the-top emotional outbursts. Excusing nothing,
however,
He was not actually 'saying these things to her'. He was doing a 'Rapper impersonation'. A 'Gangster Rapper' impression.
These kinds of gangster rappers often have over-the-top misogynistic lyrics, boasting of beating, raping, abusing bltches and shooting, torturing and outrageous violence.
Conor was doing a (very bad) impersonation of a 'ganster rapper character' at the table in what was supposed to be the character's lyrics.

Is he an idiot? Yes. Does that excuse him? Yes. Not entirely. But it is NOT the same as him 'saying' this 'to' her in some 'sincere' thoughtful way.
ElProximo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 06:19 PM #17

Item in Indy newspaper blog on C5's poor management of Conor
rant aftermath

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/...entertainment/

Last edited by alex_front2; 29-06-2012 at 06:21 PM.
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2012, 06:24 PM #18

Can we please make any talk about this Conor palaver a bannable offense? Pretty please? I've engaged in more interest watching paint dry.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big brother, blasts, channel 5, charity, conor, show, tv, womens