Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB13 Big Brother 13 started June 5th 2012 on Channel 5, and was won by Luke A. Discuss here.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:02 PM #51

Favourites:
BB12: Harry

Favourites:
BB12: Harry

When I read it, that's how it appeared. That's the internet for you - when we try to get to the point to make it short and sweet, it may read a different way.

I see what you mean when you say it's no one's business how people grieve, but when you put your life on TV, people will ask questions and make judgments. How many times has Ashleigh been labeled a ***** and all that for what she's done. Just as people can label you as funny or nice, they can also question what you do whether or not it relates to the show.
sarakss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:07 PM #52

I read Step-Sister.
vikram84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:03 PM #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
who are you to judge anyone's response to something that personal? It's none of your business and has nothing to do with the TV show Big Brother.
That's you laying the law down I'm afraid. And your presumption that anyone with a different point of view to you on this is staggering. I lost my stepdad and grandmother (who more or less raised me) within 2 months of each other so I know a lot about personal loss. As can be seen by the posts here people have differing views on it and that's what makes this a discussion not a dictatorship.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:08 PM #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheMods View Post
That's you laying the law down I'm afraid. And your presumption that anyone with a different point of view to you on this is staggering. I lost my stepdad and grandmother (who more or less raised me) within 2 months of each other so I know a lot about personal loss. As can be seen by the posts here people have differing views on it and that's what makes this a discussion not a dictatorship.
I'm not a mod, so i cannot lay down any law. I'm glad you shared yur personal experience, cause i don't like being the only one. I just said that i think people should not have to be judged on national TV for how they react. I didn't attack or "shut down" anyone bro. I'm sorry for your loss, and i'm gladd you didn't have to suffer any of the scrutiny that Scott is facing here.

i know you posted this in disagreement to me, but i think we agree. We both know that dealing with death in the family should not be subjected to judgment on TV.

I don;'t think i truly dealt with my mom's death emotionally til atleast a year after she was gone. The idea that you should be in pieces and destroyed right after is ridiculous to me.

Last edited by lostalex; 12-07-2012 at 04:11 PM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:12 PM #55

..We're all judges of morality here and whilst I don't think it's right that people are judged based on what they do it's totally called for as people are supposed to be judging him based on his character and what he does. I understand what lostalex is saying but you have to allow for different points of view.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:20 PM #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
I'm not a mod, so i cannot lay down any law. I'm glad you shared yur personal experience, cause i don't like being the only one. I just said that i think people should not have to be judged on national TV for how they react. I didn't attack or "shut down" anyone bro. I'm sorry for your loss, and i'm gladd you didn't have to suffer any of the scrutiny that Scott is facing here.

i know you posted this in disagreement to me, but i think we agree. We both know that dealing with death in the family should not be subjected to judgment on TV.

I don;'t think i truly dealt with my mom's death emotionally til atleast a year after she was gone. The idea that you should be in pieces and destroyed right after is ridiculous to me.
I agree with you up to a point mate. Whatever's happened, for him to carry on living his life on national television then speculation and questions are to be expected. How coud they not. How can you ask people to respect your privacy when your laying yourself bare to the world.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:35 PM #57
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
A funeral only takes like an hour, maybe a few hours for the wake or whatever.

It would be very easy to slip away and the HL shows not say anything about it.

Scott wanted to keep it to himself (he said this when he was informed of the death, when he came back out of the DR) and I think his/his families privacy should be respected tbh
Definately I agree with this.

Also Lostalex, I am really sad to learn of your loss and no,the fact you didn't want to be involved in the planning or whatever of your Mum's funeral etc, does not mean in any way you cared less for her.
Grief affects people in all different ways.
As Vicky said, even when Scott came back after leaving the house at the time of the death, he didn't want to discuss it when he came back, that is his full and total right.

When my Grandmother died, one of her Daughters,my Aunt, couldn't face anything as to it, the funeral or house full of people etc, she didn't attend the funeral even,went off on a trip until all was over, she had lived with My Grandmother all her life but grief has no norm as to thought, feeling or action.

Which is why Scott has every right not to discuss it at all and also to be solidly protected by BB from having to in the house too if he needs that.

Whether Scott attended the funeral or not,is for him to reveal and just because he is on BB,it is not also right for them to disclose if he did or not without his consent. That has nothing to do with wrong or right but is all about respect and decency for him, his late Sister and his family too..
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:47 PM #58

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB8: Paddy

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB8: Paddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
..We're all judges of morality here and whilst I don't think it's right that people are judged based on what they do it's totally called for as people are supposed to be judging him based on his character and what he does. I understand what lostalex is saying but you have to allow for different points of view.
That!
1311 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:03 PM #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarakss View Post
You need to chill out because OP asked a very valid question and his question was not disrespectful. He did not ask WHY Scott remained in the house after his sister died, he asked if he attended her funeral - a question ALMOST everyone would ask.

OP, I did have the same questions as you because the only time I'd heard Scott mention his sister was when he talked about their role-playing games with Caroline and the fight with Becky.

I even started doubting if his sister had passed away because he's handling himself like nothing happened and there's only one article that claimed it was his sister.
Thank you Sarakass. I was just wondering if Scott had left the house to attend the relatives funeral. I had no intention of criticizing Scott if he did or didn't as that would be a personal matter for him. But as BB fans (viewers) we are entitled to enquire (wonder) about HMs, I would have thought that part of the BB experience for HMs is a warts and all for viewers to share.
muchadoaboutnothing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
attend, funeral, scott, sisters