Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 17-08-2012, 12:26 PM #1

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:

Default GRAPHIC: A child is legally allowed to be aborted and killed at the age of 6 months

...Against its own will. This is what a baby looks like at that age

Click image for larger version

Name:	Abortion.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	2093

So why cant Tony Nicklinson who is of sound mind, tortured and stuck in his own body without being able to move or even talk be allowed to end his own life?

Click image for larger version

Name:	tony.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	2094

This was the reason given by the judge “voluntary euthanasia is murder, however understandable the motives may be”.

Bit hypocritical dont you think?

Thoughts?

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 17-08-2012 at 12:30 PM.
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 12:33 PM #2
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Because we're still governed under silly, outdated religious law where life must be appreciated as it is a 'gift' from God and it would be a sin to end it yourself.

Pathetic, but that's religion for you. Secularisation >
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 12:35 PM #3

Favourites:

Favourites:

Its just nuts.

If an animal is in pain or distress then its considered compasionate to put them down yet this poor guy has to stay in a human coffin for probably another 20 years.

The poor guy is now forced to starve himself to death and go through excrutiating pain as its the only way he can take control and end it himself.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 17-08-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 17-08-2012, 12:53 PM #4
0_o

0_o

The laws regarding euthanasia are ****ing ridiculous. Its not illegal to commit suicide (though if it was, what exactly could anyone do about it tbh) so why is it illegal for someone who isnt able to commit suicide to be helped to do so.

Obviously there would have to be big measures put in place to make sure that it wasnt taken advantage of (eg. kid 'assisting' the death of a parent against their will so they could get the will) but in cases like this, it just seems so wrong to make the person who obviously wants to end it all...continue on with a crappy life that they dont want.

Slightly offtopic, but they seriously need to lower the abortion limits too. Its disgusting that people can still have an abortion up to 24 weeks, when babies actually born at 24 weeks have quite a large chance of survival. I dont understand why anyone would wait that long before aborting, I really dont, its sick.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 17-08-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 01:04 PM #5
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

I was under the impression it was still illegal to commit suicide? (but again, why ¬_¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 01:13 PM #6

I thought also it was illegal to commit suicide and you could be charged if you survived a failed attempt. I think is cases such like this though, their wishes should be respected, and they should be granted the right to dignity and allowed to make their own decisions, when such suffering is involved.

We are all never going to agree on such cases though as everyone has their own differing views. His situation is never going to change sadly.
Mrluvaluva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 01:17 PM #7
0_o

0_o

I detest using wikipedia as a source, but just checked and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_Act_1961

It was illegal until 1961 aparently.
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 17-08-2012, 01:20 PM #8
User banned

User banned

Im far far far more concerned with abortion than euthenasia....illions of defenceless babies murdered worldwide up to the age of 6 months, without a chance to live.....the pro abortionists think its wrong for the nurses to offer the women the alternative options at the abortion clinic? sick. ask any woman whos had an abortion and they nearly always say they felt presured into the abortion and werent offered alternatives and often regret it for the rest of their lives

as for euthanasia , I feel the convrsation in this country needs to change and concern itself more with how to improve the health system and peoples health generally

too uch processed junk doesnt help, also our hospitals get germs like mrsa at 50 times the rate of cleaner swedish hospitals. why? the mismanagement and waste fro the trust boards down is a national disgrace....1000s of these burocrats should be dismissed now

also why is it so hard to get a scan? a test? mri? kidneys? etc some wait 6 to 12 months just for a scan...in the meantime theyre in agony, scans for blood clots, taking endless anti biotics, painkillers and worsening health, also they block beds too as they wait months for a scan

pump billions into keeping the scanners on more, so people can be scanned and find out whats wrong and get the right treatment immediately , get the scanned straight away....this will save tens of billions in bed blocking and years on tablets

id also get tougher on nurses. the bad ones make it harder for the good ones. there are good ones, but there are some hideous cruel incompetent self centred nurses too, but out gutless pliticians are too spineless to come out and say so
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 01:29 PM #9
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
Im far far far more concerned with abortion than euthenasia....illions of defenceless babies murdered worldwide up to the age of 6 months, without a chance to live.....the pro abortionists think its wrong for the nurses to offer the women the alternative options at the abortion clinic? sick. ask any woman whos had an abortion and they nearly always say they felt presured into the abortion and werent offered alternatives and often regret it for the rest of their lives
I agree in part with this

Here is a post I made quite a while back detailing my own experiences, and lack of care at the time. http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...8&postcount=75 [quite graphic wording and explanation of procedure in parts]

I know my decision was selfish, it didnt seem so at the time and I think if I had had the correct care at the time I may have changed my mind. Also until about 9 months ago I thought it had ****ed up the rest of my life. I thought it had left me infertile...luckily, as shown in my siggy, it didnt.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 17-08-2012, 01:29 PM #10

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:

as for euthanasia , I feel the convrsation in this country needs to change and concern itself more with how to improve the health system and peoples health generally

too uch processed junk doesnt help, also our hospitals get germs like mrsa at 50 times the rate of cleaner swedish hospitals. why? the mismanagement and waste fro the trust boards down is a national disgrace....1000s of these burocrats should be dismissed now

also why is it so hard to get a scan? a test? mri? kidneys? etc some wait 6 to 12 months just for a scan...in the meantime theyre in agony, scans for blood clots, taking endless anti biotics, painkillers and worsening health, also they block beds too as they wait months for a scan

pump billions into keeping the scanners on more, so people can be scanned and find out whats wrong and get the right treatment immediately , get the scanned straight away....this will save tens of billions in bed blocking and years on tablets

id also get tougher on nurses. the bad ones make it harder for the good ones. there are good ones, but there are some hideous cruel incompetent self centred nurses too, but out gutless pliticians are too spineless to come out and say so
Dont agree with that, i know women who have had abortions and it was completely their decision so we cant generalize.

I am anti abortion though so i agree with that, the law needs to be changed to lower the term to 3 months instead of 6 imo.

And the rest of your post is just totally off topic lol
Old 17-08-2012, 02:13 PM #11

"nearly always say they felt presured into the abortion and werent offered alternatives and often regret it for the rest of their lives"

The regret - Its not that many.
but sure its there.

Women have the Legal Right to Abort in the UK
thats Fair.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 05:12 PM #12
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post
Dont agree with that, i know women who have had abortions and it was completely their decision so we cant generalize.

I am anti abortion though so i agree with that, the law needs to be changed to lower the term to 3 months instead of 6 imo.

And the rest of your post is just totally off topic lol
thats the difference between you and me, I see these topics are interlinked and inter connected , you think theyre totally isolated from each other, theyre not. one day you will learn that
Old 17-08-2012, 08:47 PM #13

I blame Christianity and all.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude. And don’t hang on to negativity. That’s all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 11:58 PM #14
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Abortions are legal in the UK up to 28 weeks but only if there is a danger to the mother or if there is a medical reason. Most clinics will not abort after 18 weeks and some will not abort after 12 weeks. I'm sure it's not a decision most women enter into lightly, and to say that most are pressured into it is harsh at best and patronising at worst.

It is not illegal to commit suicide, although it used to be. It is illegal to assist someone to end their life and that's what Tony Nicklinson case was about. He is not physically capable of ending his own life so would have to be assisted, which could leave the person who assisted him facing a charge of manslaughter or even murder. The courts did not grant what he asked because they rightly said it is not for the courts to decide. It is for parliament to agree on a change of law, and that is quite correct. This issue is going to be raised in parliament after the recess. Personally, I think it's time that politicians reviewed this law especially as it seems to have a lot of public backing.

Last edited by Livia; 18-08-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 03:39 PM #15
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Abortions are legal in the UK up to 28 weeks but only if there is a danger to the mother or if there is a medical reason. Most clinics will not abort after 18 weeks and some will not abort after 12 weeks. I'm sure it's not a decision most women enter into lightly, and to say that most are pressured into it is harsh at best and patronising at worst.

who cares about patronising? is a womans ego worth more than a babys life?
crazy

Id rather be accused of patronising , than see thousands more innocent babies murdered without taking as much time and allowing these women (and fathers) as much time and to have available as much information and advice as possible, before making their decision. if its before 18 weeks and she still says yes, so be it sadly. whats the harm with ensuring all help advice and info is available. is that really patronising to allow all this to be available to a 16/17 year old girl? to take a few extra hours to consider all the possibilities and consequences who may regret it for the next 60 years? these young girls may not even be aware of the options to foster?

It is not illegal to commit suicide, although it used to be. It is illegal to assist someone to end their life and that's what Tony Nicklinson case was about. He is not physically capable of ending his own life so would have to be assisted, which could leave the person who assisted him facing a charge of manslaughter or even murder. The courts did not grant what he asked because they rightly said it is not for the courts to decide. It is for parliament to agree on a change of law, and that is quite correct. This issue is going to be raised in parliament after the recess. Personally, I think it's time that politicians reviewed this law especially as it seems to have a lot of public backing.
crazy

Id rather be accused of patronising , than see thousands more innocent babies murdered without taking as much time and allowing these women (and fathers) as much time and to have available as much information and advice as possible, before making their decision. if its before 18 weeks and she still says yes, so be it sadly. whats the harm with ensuring all help advice and info is available. is that really patronising to allow all this to be available to a 16/17 year old girl? to take a few extra hours to consider all the possibilities and consequences who may regret it for the next 60 years? these young girls may not even be aware of the options to foster?

yes the public can be moronic. we dont make laws according to the latest rent a mob crowd stoke up by some hysterical media campaign. we can barely trust politicians to regulate the banks and the libor rate, heaven forbid we allow them to regulate assisted suicide. the sheer nubers of abuse in care and the nhs is already astronomical, wheere innocents are bullied and in many cases die before their time due to mistreatment....can you imagine the innocent victims of this assisted suicide? it doesnt bare thinking about. we need to flip the whole narrative on its head and talk about how we can improve the nhs, the care and social services, plus making bad nurses accountable for their actions

Last edited by the truth; 19-08-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 19-08-2012, 03:48 PM #16

i was reading an article the other day about a girl with cancer that died, because in her country (i can't remember which country) she couldn't get chemotherapy because she was pregnant, and abortion is illegal, and because the chemo therapy would have caused an abortion, she wasn't allowed life saving chemotherapy treatment, so instead both she and the fetus died.

that doesn't make any kind of sense.
Old 20-08-2012, 10:54 AM #17
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
crazy

yes the public can be moronic. we dont make laws according to the latest rent a mob crowd stoke up by some hysterical media campaign. we can barely trust politicians to regulate the banks and the libor rate, heaven forbid we allow them to regulate assisted suicide. the sheer nubers of abuse in care and the nhs is already astronomical, wheere innocents are bullied and in many cases die before their time due to mistreatment....can you imagine the innocent victims of this assisted suicide? it doesnt bare thinking about. we need to flip the whole narrative on its head and talk about how we can improve the nhs, the care and social services, plus making bad nurses accountable for their actions
Oh really... it's such a chore having to wade through your posts.Why do you have to get so frantic?

Deciging on an abortion must be a hard decision for women to make but you're lumping them all together like the blinkered hysteric you are. If you're worried about innocent babies, why not take up the cause of some who are born and die of starvation? Abortion is the choice of the woman concerned. It is for no one else to make the decision.

Anyway, this is my last post to you before I put you on ignore. Not because your posts are annoying - although they are - but because I do not intend to converse with someone who is a multiple account holder, who proudly announced their deception and has strangely managed to get away with it.
Old 20-08-2012, 10:56 AM #18

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:

that picture is horrid
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 11:02 AM #19

Favourites:

Favourites:

When you see cases like Tony Nicklinson's you can't help but totally agree with the change in laws to help assisted suicide, the poor guy has only one choice if he wants to die and that is to stop eating. What a horrible way to go, forcing himself to do probably the most painful and mentally exhausting cause of death.

It would be a massive statement to change the law and would encourage a lot of inproper use no doubt, but it's horrible to think that people in this country/world are suffering unthinkable conditions because of decisions made by others who have no idea what it's like to suffer the same way.
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 11:16 AM #20
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB15: Danielle
BBUSA16: Cody

User banned

Favourites (more):

I'm against abortion completely
MeMyselfAndI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 03:07 PM #21
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMyselfandI View Post
I'm against abortion completely
How about for victims of rape?
Old 20-08-2012, 03:11 PM #22
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Adoption
Old 20-08-2012, 03:25 PM #23
Banned

Banned

I'm completely pro choice, I wouldn't dream of telling someone what they can or can't do with their own body and waiting to give birth so you can give the baby up for adoption is an idealistic solution but not one that's always practical.

The case of Tony Nicklinson is a sad state of affairs, I fully believe Euthanasia should be legalised (and regulated so it can't be abused). In Tony's case it's a cruelty to go against his wishes. If someone has no chance of recovering from an illness and wants to die on their own terms then let them.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 03:26 PM #24
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

I agree with Euthanasia though, its sad
Old 20-08-2012, 03:30 PM #25
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Oh really... it's such a chore having to wade through your posts.Why do you have to get so frantic?

Deciging on an abortion must be a hard decision for women to make but you're lumping them all together like the blinkered hysteric you are. If you're worried about innocent babies, why not take up the cause of some who are born and die of starvation? Abortion is the choice of the woman concerned. It is for no one else to make the decision.

Anyway, this is my last post to you before I put you on ignore. Not because your posts are annoying - although they are - but because I do not intend to converse with someone who is a multiple account holder, who proudly announced their deception and has strangely managed to get away with it.
The usual mindless sexism and insults....what an ego you have. totally misinterpretting my words and other peoples. deliberately. so deceitful. I said its good to allow these women more information more time to assist them and support them. if you cared about the thousands of women who regret abortions, which I dont believe you do, youd lsten to these women. they themselves say they didnt feel they received enough advice or options, they felt pressured into doing it and they now regret it for the rest of their lives

is that a conclusion that satisfies you? if it is, then youre sick

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
aborted, age, allowed, child, graphic, killed, legally, months