Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB10 Celebrity Big Brother 10 on Channel 5, shown August 2012 was won by Julian Clary. Discuss here.

Old 27-08-2012, 12:11 AM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Well said. I was reading an interview she gave and she said "in my 25 years on Corrie, I never once had a row with any of my colleagues" If the Julie we are seeing in the house is real, I can well believe that. She seems like someone who just wants peace and to get on with everyone. Commendable really!
They may have been too afraid to speak out,what a bitch she really is...she only tells the HM what they want to hear,thank God she's not my Nan....
dyfed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 06:28 AM #27

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyfed View Post
They may have been too afraid to speak out,what a bitch she really is...she only tells the HM what they want to hear,thank God she's not my Nan....
Yes she does appear to have an aggressive quality about her, every now and again you can almost detect it in her voice, as it deepens when she utters her usual expletives. I think most of the HM really do not want to wake the Beast...!!!
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 06:47 AM #28

she nommed danica!!
alex_front2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 09:22 AM #29
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Default Re: Julie Goodyear - The biggest Gameplayer ??

Big Brother is a game though? with the winner title at the end of it. It's all a matter of how well they play it. It would be quite boring if they didn't see it as a game or play it that way, the only thing that annoys me with some BB housemates is how nasty they play it rather than cleverly.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 09:25 AM #30
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
she nommed danica!!

They are all entitled to nominate whoever they want to though and for whatever reasons, whether it be dislike, trying to get rid of competition, or just clever strategy, it's their decision whether we like it or not, as they are in the house not us and so it is their right of choice.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Old 27-08-2012, 09:47 AM #31
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam

Julie is witout doubt a big gameplayer but she has now got some competition. Coleen has analized the situation and come up with a lick ass plan to get her to the finals without being nominated again and Prince Lorenzo is kicking it up a notch. In the DR he says Danica is defo a user and abuser but he is allowing her to look like she is sucking him in around the house. He is either building up to soliciting the sympathy vote or he is going to dump her flat on her ass on live telly to get the votes. He must know the British public wont like her after thier reaction to Jasmine. Martin and Julian are now beginning to compete for airtime and its all hotting up but sadly overshadowed by the *****s actions.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 09:47 AM #32
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

I can see why Julie will have nommed Danica, she doesn't have a personal problem with Danica because of what she does as part of her life,she will talk to her and listen to her but it doesn't mean she approves of all her actions.

In the diary room, Julie said to BB she had a big problem finding reasons to nominate other housemates as she felt she got on with near all of them and had no problems with their behaviour as to her.(i can understand and relate to that).
BB then said to Julie, is there behaviour that housemates are maybe doing to other housemates that you don't like,guiding her to make that a reason for nominating.
She spoke to one of the guys, after thinking about how she saw Danica acting towards him and the other one, asked him if he thought he was being played, he said yes, so she has taken that as a reason to nominate Danica.

Nothing really malicious as to the nomination but a reason, as Julie maybe doesn't genuinely like to think of people being played by others.

As for the ppoints that the Corrie cast members may be too afraid to speak out as to not getting on with Julie, if there is any truth they haven't in the past in the first place,I doubt that near totally.
There are and have been, many feisty characters on Corrie from past and present, very few indeed would be likely to hold back if they really had something to say on matters Julie.
As I said, when she has returned to Corrie, the cast have loved her return and said so.

There are always rumours as to people not getting along and at times it happens in all workplaces too but I think we would have heard loads about this from Corrie actors and actresses past and present if it had foundation.
Even the ones who have been out of Corrie a good while with characters killed off have never said anything like this as to Julie.

I have only really heard it from Nina Myskov, whose entire career has been to put people down,belittle them and be a right nasty person to most in shows she has been on, then the spiteful venomous Nolans who likely see Julie as Coleen's biggest threat on CBB.

Until I hear more solid and factual descriptions from the people who did work for 25 years on and off on Corrie with Julie, I will hold on to what I have seen overall myself, someone who is in my view, fairly genuine but with faults/strong opinions and likely a temper like the vast majority of the human race.

Last edited by joeysteele; 27-08-2012 at 09:49 AM.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 09:53 AM #33

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Well said. I was reading an interview she gave and she said "in my 25 years on Corrie, I never once had a row with any of my colleagues" If the Julie we are seeing in the house is real, I can well believe that. She seems like someone who just wants peace and to get on with everyone. Commendable really!
I dont think all the Corrie cast would agree with that,lol,didn't she have a bit of a feud going with pat phoenix?

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 09:57 AM #34
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
she nommed danica!!
Yes just read it ,Danica who she sat and told was fine in how she earns her living, even went so far as to say she also gets"gifts" all the while Danica was massaging her feet
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 09:57 AM #35

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Julie is witout doubt a big gameplayer but she has now got some competition. Coleen has analized the situation and come up with a lick ass plan to get her to the finals without being nominated again and Prince Lorenzo is kicking it up a notch. In the DR he says Danica is defo a user and abuser but he is allowing her to look like she is sucking him in around the house. He is either building up to soliciting the sympathy vote or he is going to dump her flat on her ass on live telly to get the votes. He must know the British public wont like her after thier reaction to Jasmine. Martin and Julian are now beginning to compete for airtime and its all hotting up but sadly overshadowed by the *****s actions.
Yes it's good to finally see some of the other big names in there start to realise they need to start living up to their celebrity, although Julian, Martin and Coleen are funny to watch none of them have really been at the forefront of any of the main story lines. That has been reserved for skanks and planks of the house.

But Julie has kept herself pretty much in the limelight by being a shoulder to cry on or lending a listening ear to younger ones.

I really hope the BB producers move away from the love triangle/square and show us a bit more of the bigger characters in the HL shows.

I still think Julie is playing a nearly faultless game and will be hard to beat...!!!
Old 27-08-2012, 09:57 AM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I can see why Julie will have nommed Danica, she doesn't have a personal problem with Danica because of what she does as part of her life,she will talk to her and listen to her but it doesn't mean she approves of all her actions.

In the diary room, Julie said to BB she had a big problem finding reasons to nominate other housemates as she felt she got on with near all of them and had no problems with their behaviour as to her.(i can understand and relate to that).
BB then said to Julie, is there behaviour that housemates are maybe doing to other housemates that you don't like,guiding her to make that a reason for nominating.
She spoke to one of the guys, after thinking about how she saw Danica acting towards him and the other one, asked him if he thought he was being played, he said yes, so she has taken that as a reason to nominate Danica.

Nothing really malicious as to the nomination but a reason, as Julie maybe doesn't genuinely like to think of people being played by others.

As for the ppoints that the Corrie cast members may be too afraid to speak out as to not getting on with Julie, if there is any truth they haven't in the past in the first place,I doubt that near totally.
There are and have been, many feisty characters on Corrie from past and present, very few indeed would be likely to hold back if they really had something to say on matters Julie.
As I said, when she has returned to Corrie, the cast have loved her return and said so.

There are always rumours as to people not getting along and at times it happens in all workplaces too but I think we would have heard loads about this from Corrie actors and actresses past and present if it had foundation.
Even the ones who have been out of Corrie a good while with characters killed off have never said anything like this as to Julie.

I have only really heard it from Nina Myskov, whose entire career has been to put people down,belittle them and be a right nasty person to most in shows she has been on, then the spiteful venomous Nolans who likely see Julie as Coleen's biggest threat on CBB.

Until I hear more solid and factual descriptions from the people who did work for 25 years on and off on Corrie with Julie, I will hold on to what I have seen overall myself, someone who is in my view, fairly genuine but with faults/strong opinions and likely a temper like the vast majority of the human race.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Joey this is a long read,but it gives some insight as to her personality.

For Julie Goodyear the episode could have been entitled The Once and Future Queen.

The idea was for a Coronation Street comeback to reclaim her soap crown after a seven-year exile.

It was to be a publicity masterstroke to give the flagging show the shot in the arm it needed to take on EastEnders.

But the big return has been a disaster. The leading lady has exited, suddenly and amid talk of diva-ish behaviour. Her character, the leopardskin-clad Bet Gilroy, is not expected to return.

'She was very high-maintenance, and that has not changed,' said an insider at Granada, which makes the show, this week.

'She thought she could come back with all her usual demands, but no one's got the time or patience to deal with that kind of thing any more.' Another at the company was less diplomatic. 'That woman always was poison,' was one terse verdict.

'She's the most offensive person I've ever worked with, no contest.'

Insiders say that Miss Goodyear, once the undisputed Queen of the Street with 22million tuning in for her exit in 1995, had expected a level of deference from the young cast which was not forthcoming.

When she first joined the show in 1970 as a mini-skirted model she addressed doyennes of the cast Doris Speed and Pat Phoenix as Miss Speed or Miss Phoenix.

By contrast, this time around the 60-year-old was treated like the rest of the cast. She may have finally got the dressing room she wanted after a minor tantrum, but there was no red carpet welcome.

Some were unhappy at her return, particularly those who had clashed with her before.

'People like Bill Roache were polite of course, because that is the way they are,' a source said.

'But there were worries about her and her demands.'

The new stars of the show were not inclined to make a fuss of her. Indeed, 40-a-day Miss Goodyear was astonished to be told to put out one of her trademark Cartier cigarettes in the now nonsmoking rest area. There are differing accounts of what went on during her 14 days back at Granada.

What is clear is that one Sunday four weeks ago, following a day's filming, she decided she was no longer able to continue.

The actress has said she is suffering from exhaustion and has been resting at her farmhouse in Heywood, Lancashire. There she is being cared for by the latest man in her life. He is Scott Brand, 33, an HGV driver she met when he was delivering goods to her home.

A Granada spokesman said: 'We wish Julie a full and speedy recovery and will talk to her when she is ready about coming back.'

But no one thinks that she will be persuaded to return despite her Ł170,000 one-year contract.

Those who brought her back are blaming each other. 'It always was a terrible idea - it had disaster written all over it,' said one.

So what went wrong? When Miss Goodyear left in 1995, she said she had decided that it was time to move on. But despite lucrative stints in panto, the amount of work she anticipated did not materialise. Meanwhile the Street has appeared to flounder as EastEnders waltzed off with the awards and plaudits.

In came Carolyn Reynolds - an old hand - as executive producer. Miss Reynolds hatched the idea of a return by her old star.

But problems quickly became apparent. Miss Goodyear was used to meticulous rehearsals but Coronation Street no longer has the time for that.

And, with the soap now on four times a week, scenes are shot back to back. She was in 32 scenes in her first week and 29 in the second.

Her performances have been savaged by the critics. Jaci

Stephen, the Mail's soap expert, said: 'Julie Goodyear's return has been a disaster from day one. She left as a pantomime dame and she's come back as one half of the pantomime horse.'

Granada believes Miss Goodyear will expect to be paid to the end of her contract, and is ready to negotiate.

Last night the actress renewed contact with the show's producer. There will be a meeting next week, although the outcome is unclear.

'It's very hard to predict what Julie will do or say,' a source said. 'The situation is a great big mess.'

For now there is no need for Bet Gilroy to come back.

Scriptwriters have rewritten the plot so that, for the next few weeks, there will be mentions of Bet and a trial off- screen over missing money. After that, she may never be heard of again.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz24jsWpu5Q

Old 27-08-2012, 09:59 AM #37

I know a casting director who has worked a lot for ITV and she said Julie Goodyear is a mean, spiteful, nasty bitch.
neiljimmy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 10:03 AM #38
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
she nommed danica!!
No surprises there...she also tried to influence the sitchs noms, not that he needs influencing, what he does need is some acting lessons ....that pause for dramatic effect before he told Julie he felt played...

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 27-08-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 10:06 AM #39
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

I was reading through that and taking on board some of that printed, but still keeping an open mind as the papers do tend to print what they want us to believe in many cases re stars of the media world. It would be so easy to believe all we read, why only the other day an online rag posted The Sitch had been evicted last Friday, and even gave quotes? So when I got to the end of that about Julie, hey I expect many stars hare difficult to work with, especially the older they get, and so Julie would be no different, but that is from 'The Daily Mail', one of the worst rags imo for printing up any old stuff that brings the readers in. I can't stand that rag at all.

Julie is no Angel, but I doubt she is the Devil Incarnate either, she is just at the moment a Celeb on a reality show trying to use her wits to make the final.

Last edited by Suze; 27-08-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 27-08-2012, 10:09 AM #40

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazanne View Post
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Joey this is a long read,but it gives some insight as to her personality.

For Julie Goodyear the episode could have been entitled The Once and Future Queen.

The idea was for a Coronation Street comeback to reclaim her soap crown after a seven-year exile.

It was to be a publicity masterstroke to give the flagging show the shot in the arm it needed to take on EastEnders.

But the big return has been a disaster. The leading lady has exited, suddenly and amid talk of diva-ish behaviour. Her character, the leopardskin-clad Bet Gilroy, is not expected to return.

'She was very high-maintenance, and that has not changed,' said an insider at Granada, which makes the show, this week.

'She thought she could come back with all her usual demands, but no one's got the time or patience to deal with that kind of thing any more.' Another at the company was less diplomatic. 'That woman always was poison,' was one terse verdict.

'She's the most offensive person I've ever worked with, no contest.'

Insiders say that Miss Goodyear, once the undisputed Queen of the Street with 22million tuning in for her exit in 1995, had expected a level of deference from the young cast which was not forthcoming.

When she first joined the show in 1970 as a mini-skirted model she addressed doyennes of the cast Doris Speed and Pat Phoenix as Miss Speed or Miss Phoenix.

By contrast, this time around the 60-year-old was treated like the rest of the cast. She may have finally got the dressing room she wanted after a minor tantrum, but there was no red carpet welcome.

Some were unhappy at her return, particularly those who had clashed with her before.

'People like Bill Roache were polite of course, because that is the way they are,' a source said.

'But there were worries about her and her demands.'

The new stars of the show were not inclined to make a fuss of her. Indeed, 40-a-day Miss Goodyear was astonished to be told to put out one of her trademark Cartier cigarettes in the now nonsmoking rest area. There are differing accounts of what went on during her 14 days back at Granada.

What is clear is that one Sunday four weeks ago, following a day's filming, she decided she was no longer able to continue.

The actress has said she is suffering from exhaustion and has been resting at her farmhouse in Heywood, Lancashire. There she is being cared for by the latest man in her life. He is Scott Brand, 33, an HGV driver she met when he was delivering goods to her home.

A Granada spokesman said: 'We wish Julie a full and speedy recovery and will talk to her when she is ready about coming back.'

But no one thinks that she will be persuaded to return despite her Ł170,000 one-year contract.

Those who brought her back are blaming each other. 'It always was a terrible idea - it had disaster written all over it,' said one.

So what went wrong? When Miss Goodyear left in 1995, she said she had decided that it was time to move on. But despite lucrative stints in panto, the amount of work she anticipated did not materialise. Meanwhile the Street has appeared to flounder as EastEnders waltzed off with the awards and plaudits.

In came Carolyn Reynolds - an old hand - as executive producer. Miss Reynolds hatched the idea of a return by her old star.

But problems quickly became apparent. Miss Goodyear was used to meticulous rehearsals but Coronation Street no longer has the time for that.

And, with the soap now on four times a week, scenes are shot back to back. She was in 32 scenes in her first week and 29 in the second.

Her performances have been savaged by the critics. Jaci

Stephen, the Mail's soap expert, said: 'Julie Goodyear's return has been a disaster from day one. She left as a pantomime dame and she's come back as one half of the pantomime horse.'

Granada believes Miss Goodyear will expect to be paid to the end of her contract, and is ready to negotiate.

Last night the actress renewed contact with the show's producer. There will be a meeting next week, although the outcome is unclear.

'It's very hard to predict what Julie will do or say,' a source said. 'The situation is a great big mess.'

For now there is no need for Bet Gilroy to come back.

Scriptwriters have rewritten the plot so that, for the next few weeks, there will be mentions of Bet and a trial off- screen over missing money. After that, she may never be heard of again.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz24jsWpu5Q
Thanks for the well researched background on the circumstances surrounding Julie Goodyears short lived return to the street. It must have been hard for her to come back after such a long absence and resume being the top dog on the show together with all the perks ie largest dressing room etc..

The show had moved on and her return as you point out was only to try and increase the audience figures (since the show had hit a bit of a slump at that time)

I still think she's one tough lady playing a good game and providing she doesn't shoot herself in the foot she could go all the way...!!!
Old 27-08-2012, 10:13 AM #41

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
Thanks for the well researched background on the circumstances surrounding Julie Goodyears short lived return to the street. It must have been hard for her to come back after such a long absence and resume being the top dog on the show together with all the perks ie largest dressing room etc..

The show had moved on and her return as you point out was only to try and increase the audience figures (since the show had hit a bit of a slump at that time)

I still think she's one tough lady playing a good game and providing she doesn't shoot herself in the foot she could go all the way...!!!
She certainly could. Julie FTW!
Old 27-08-2012, 10:21 AM #42

I dont really care what she was like on coronation street, she made some great long life friends & she had some that didnt like her. She was great for coronation street at the time. Im also sure she probably was a diva & maybe still is so what?
She didnt nominate Danica because of her job, she nominated her because she didnt like they way she seems to be playing two blokes in the house.
I see nothing wrong with her comforting people when they are upset, she might not like their behaviour in certain situations but will be there if they need a chat.
Yes she has her faults & yes she may show a not so nice side if someone rubs her up the wrong way, dont we all. In the house she gets stuck into all tasks & is up for a laugh, i enjoy watching her.
Ellen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 10:22 AM #43

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

It's not well reserched at all just a click on your mouse will give you all you need to know about her,unless of course you dont wish to know!!! If she is the sort of person who floats your boat,knock youself out

Old 27-08-2012, 10:26 AM #44
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
CBB 11: Speidi
Got any chocolate?

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
CBB 11: Speidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherieB View Post
No surprises there...she also tried to influence the sitchs noms, not that he needs influencing, what he does need is some acting lessons ....that pause for dramatic effect before he told Julie he felt played...
I thought she was asking Mike if he thought Danica was playing her so she would have an easy nom to make. I came to this conclusion after she was in the diary room saying she was dreading noms because she likes them all and bb asked, has anyone done anything to any other hm that would warrent a nomination. Who was her second nom?

Don't buy the sun!!
Gillian-73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 10:27 AM #45
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It's not well reserched at all just a click on your mouse will give you all you need to know about her,unless of course you dont wish to know!!! If she is the sort of person who floats your boat,knock youself out
It takes all sorts I remember Julie from her hay day in Corrie, its well know she is a true bitch ,she tried to get back ,in fact she BEGGED to go back for Betty Turpins funeral,but was refused ,Nina Msycow and other journos know a lot about her ,if you remember Coleen said something about her past in first few days, so saddened Coleens now fell into Julies trap ,Her sister will be sending a plane over the house telling her to keep away soon !!

Last edited by chuff me dizzy; 27-08-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 27-08-2012, 10:29 AM #46

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
It takes all sorts I remember Julie from her hay day in Corrie, its well know she is a true bitch ,she tried to get back ,in fact she BEGGED to go back for Betty Turpins funeral,but was refused ,Nina Msycow and other journos know a lot about her ,if you remember Coleen said something about her past in first few days, so saddened Coleens now fell into Julies trap ,Her sister will be sending a plane over the house telling her to keep away soon !!
Well for them not to allow her back for 'Betty's funeral' speaks volumes

Old 27-08-2012, 10:30 AM #47
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well for them not to allow her back for 'Betty's funeral' speaks volumes
Shes sheer poison
Old 27-08-2012, 10:30 AM #48
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Why isnt "who nommed who" up yet?
Old 27-08-2012, 10:41 AM #49

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
What.....?? She wasn't allowed to attend the Funeral of someone she had worked with for decades !!! Betty's family wouldn't let her attend Betty's funeral. That's very odd??

Oh.... Perhaps you are referring to Betty's on screen Funeral , which means the Corrie production chiefs didn't want her anywhere near the cast or set.

Either way it doesn't show Julie in a very positive light..!!!
Old 27-08-2012, 10:44 AM #50
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What.....?? She wasn't allowed to attend the Funeral of someone she had worked with for decades !!! Betty's family wouldn't let her attend Betty's funeral. That's very odd??

Oh.... Perhaps you are referring to Betty's on screen Funeral , which means the Corrie production chiefs didn't want her anywhere near the cast or set.

Either way it doesn't show Julie in a very positive light..!!!
It was her on screen funeral

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
biggest, gameplayer, goodyear, julie