Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB10 Celebrity Big Brother 10 on Channel 5, shown August 2012 was won by Julian Clary. Discuss here.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:21 PM #26

What on earth has that wikipedia entry got to do with anything?

Talk about desperately clutching at straws.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:24 PM #27
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08marsh View Post
What on earth has that wikipedia entry got to do with anything?

Talk about desperately clutching at straws.

I am not clutching at straws. Someone mentioned Carole Malone, and I simply pointed out she is not whiter than white if her reputation is to be believed also, so her being quoted on Julie is hardly an example.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown

Last edited by Suze; 07-09-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:25 PM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
Hi Marsh, That's the point though, we didn't see everything. How many times have we heard an evicted housemate from BBs say oh, I thought you would have see that, or ... but so and so was so funny, witty, have you not been seeing that side, and so on ..... Jay shi**ing in the freezer? was hushed up until it was blurted out and then confirmed by ex housemates of that series. See, we don't have the live feed, only highly edited clips that can sometimes misconstrue what we see on the miniscule bits we are shown, or by silly twitter tweets. So we have to go by what we do see, and I saw nothing that bad from Julie that she is villified so. They all have their good and bad points, well maybe apart from Cooleen and Harvey At the moment, I can't stand those two.
By "everything" I meant all sides of her. We saw "old Nana" sucking up to the housemates and slagging them off behind their backs.

She was hoping we'd see 'lovely Julie, legend from Corrie'. But we saw her two faced, hypocritical side too.
Other housemates are two faced at times too, but Julie is the only one to stupidly outright deny, deny, deny and make herself look stupid in doing so.

I'd say her attitude after exiting the house played the most part in my opinion of her.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:25 PM #29
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

I never watched Coronation Street so I have no 'soap baggage'. All I can say is that if Julie Goodyear was actually my Nana I would have disowned her!

Comes across to me as a foul-mouthed, nicotine-gum chewing, two-faced, self-deluded hag!
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:26 PM #30

Quote:
I am not clutching at straws. Someone mentioned Carole Malone, and I simply pointed out she is not ****er than white if her reputation is to be believed also, so her being quoted on Julie is hardly an example.
a) Nobody mentioned that she's "whiter than white".

b) Carole being evicted from BB has got nothing whatsoever to do with whatever interview and comments she made about Julie.

A completely irrelevant post.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:30 PM #31
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard View Post
I never watched Coronation Street so I have no 'soap baggage'. All I can say is that if Julie Goodyear was actually my Nana I would have disowned her!

Comes across to me as a foul-mouthed, nicotine-gum chewing, two-faced, self-deluded hag!
Although I don't agree with your discription of Julie, at least you're basing your dislike on what you have percieved Julie as in the CBB house. Some are not, they are going by what they have heard or read on Julie outside the CBB house, when surely with any BBs, CBB or the ordinary one, we are going by what we see no matter how little and how we percieve it from their house entertainment, aren't we? Or maybe seemingly not, and some pre judge, and not go by house entertainment?

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown

Last edited by Suze; 07-09-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:36 PM #32
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
a) Nobody mentioned that she's "whiter than white".

b) Carole being evicted from BB has got nothing whatsoever to do with whatever interview and comments she made about Julie.

A completely irrelevant post.
I never said the whiter than white was used, I was simply explaining in words than if we are going to believe media hype then Carole Malone is one to talk, it ties in with that post I made on it. Carole being evicted may have little or nothing to do with it, the fact she was evicted on such a high percentage was my way of stating she wasn't that well loved by the voting public, and in that house where we had more live feed back then, she was a nasty housemate imo, so she is a one to slate Julie, she needs to look in a mirror first. So not an irrelevant post, but as this could go round and round, I see no point in keep explaining over and over the relevance of my post.

Last edited by Suze; 07-09-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:38 PM #33
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
By "everything" I meant all sides of her. We saw "old Nana" sucking up to the housemates and slagging them off behind their backs.

She was hoping we'd see 'lovely Julie, legend from Corrie'. But we saw her two faced, hypocritical side too.
Other housemates are two faced at times too, but Julie is the only one to stupidly outright deny, deny, deny and make herself look stupid in doing so.

I'd say her attitude after exiting the house played the most part in my opinion of her.
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:39 PM #34
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaudleHalbard View Post

You speak to highly of her, she doesnt deserve such praise
Old 07-09-2012, 02:43 PM #35

Quote:
I never said the whiter than white was used, I was simply explaining in words than if we are going to believe media hype then Carole Malone is one to talk, it ties in with that post I made on it. Carole being evicted may have little or nothing to do with it, the fact she was evicted on such a high percentage was my way of stating she wasn't that well loved by the voting public, and in that house where we had more live feed back then, she was a nasty housemate imo, so she is a one to slate Julie, she needs to look in a mirror first. So not an irrelevant post, but as this could go round and round, I see no point in keep explaining over and over the relevance of my post.
But, again, her being evicted doesn't have anything to do with anything.
She may have been up against a very popular housemate, she may have been bitchy but, most of all, it doesn't have an relevance.

We all have a negative side to us, no one's perfect. That doesn't mean we need to "look in a mirror" before commenting on the attitude/behaviour of others.

However Carole acted 5 and a half years ago in CBB has no bearing on her experience with Julie Goodyear either before that or after.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:43 PM #36

Quote:
Ellen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:08 PM #37

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
I heard she eats babies as well & pushes old ladies down stairs...

I have read just as many nasty stories about The Nolan's, are they true? How will we ever know?? I have read plenty of stories about Julie Goodyear saying what a lovely person she is, from ex cast members & crew that worked on Corrie & even on Twitter she had Corrie crew members supporting her while she was in the house...

Everyone has people they don't get on with/don't like at work, it doesn't mean they are the devil incarnate

And by the way it was down to her ill health that her last Corrie appearance was cut short, but don't let that get in the way of your 'facts' eh...
Good post. I'm from Ireland and believe me the tabloids here have printed many a nasty story about the Nolan sisters and there have been plenty of rumours about how nasty they can be. They are renowned for being gossips and back stabbers. Are all of them like that...some of them...none of them? I have no
idea. I've also read that they are nice. So who the hell knows? It's the same with Julie.

We can only go from what we have seen in the house. Julie was bitchy. Colleen was a pot stirrer. I thought Julie made for compulsive viewing and as CBB is for entertainment and she entertained me then that was great. Coleen bored the ass off me. They each have their good and bad points.
Julie didn't kill anyone, or hit anyone. She didn't make anyone cry. She didn't give anyone a breakdown. She was no better or worse than any of them - just different. She didn't behave as some people thought a 70 yr old should - but I just love elderly people who don't conform to the 'rules' and constraints that a younger society impose on them. Why the hell should they? You only live once and they haven't all the time in the world left.
I have to laugh at the nastiness of people as they describe Julie's 'nastiness'. Pot, kettle and all that.

The fact is, everyone is STILL talking about her and making threads about her. The interest in her is phenomenal!!! How many evicted HM's are still being talked about?
There is very little being said about those still IN the house. I wonder why? Now imagine this series without the wonderful Julie.... She gave people plenty to talk about, to be scandalized by, to get out all the stuff inside themselves. It was like therapy!
You should be grateful to the woman for not bringing in her knitting and smiling gently at everyone before snoozing off for most of the day - thank her for growing old disgracefully!

Last edited by jet; 07-09-2012 at 03:10 PM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:10 PM #38
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_front2 View Post
Thank you i was about to stop but i will continue. Story about JL getting make up artist sacked for no reason.

Carol Malone bb5/ journo said she interviwed her and was one of the most obnoxious celebs shed met.

As for her pushing old ladies down stairse, how old is Julie again?
I'm not denying Julie is a diva, there's no doubt she is, but being a diva & a complete nasty bitch are two different things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
i dont mind anyone being brainwashed, but take it as an insult when they try to brainwash me, Im not 16 ,I remember Bet Lynchs first time on Corrie and i also know of her history, shes an evil old bastard ,and one of the vilest people ever on tv ,and thats a FACT
Your opinion is not not "fact" Chuff

Your utter hatred for certain people is quite bizarre, chill love & make a cup of tea
Old 07-09-2012, 03:14 PM #39

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
i dont mind anyone being brainwashed, but take it as an insult when they try to brainwash me, Im not 16 ,I remember Bet Lynchs first time on Corrie and i also know of her history, shes an evil old bastard ,and one of the vilest people ever on tv ,and thats a FACT
My goodness, and you liked her at the beginning of the series. How come?
Old 07-09-2012, 03:16 PM #40
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Was going to ask the same.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:19 PM #41
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Yes Chuff even signed up to her fan group on here! Quite bizarre considering she has ALWAYS known what an "evil old bastard" she is
Old 07-09-2012, 03:30 PM #42
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Night one I thought ,could they all have got it wrong about her? by night 3 it was clear they hadnt
Old 07-09-2012, 04:04 PM #43

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Night one I thought ,could they all have got it wrong about her? by night 3 it was clear they hadnt
You knew as a fact that she was evil and the most vile person on TV and in one night you thought they had all got it wrong? That must be the biggest turnaround in CBB history What the heck did she do on night one? Banish third world poverty?

Last edited by jet; 07-09-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:09 PM #44
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You knew as a fact that she was evil and the most vile person on TV and in one night you thought they had all got it wrong? That must be the biggest turnaround in CBB history What the heck did she do on night one? Banish third world poverty?
Whoah clever dick, DONT interrogate me
Old 07-09-2012, 04:14 PM #45
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

What a come back
Old 07-09-2012, 04:25 PM #46

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Whoah clever dick, DONT interrogate me
No need. The verdict is in and the case is closed.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:28 PM #47
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

I LOVE the sour Deana/Julie fans ,every series I advise them to follow Chuff, but do they listen? do they hellaslike !! I will give you tips night one, next series
Old 07-09-2012, 04:38 PM #48
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

All deana fans are julie fans now?..Wrong again chuff
Old 07-09-2012, 04:44 PM #49
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzy View Post
All deana fans are julie fans now?..Wrong again chuff
I wasnt addressing you Kizzy
Old 07-09-2012, 04:56 PM #50
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
I LOVE the sour Deana/Julie fans ,every series I advise them to follow Chuff, but do they listen? do they hellaslike !! I will give you tips night one, next series
No, you are all right thanks

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
corrie, era, horrid, julie, stories