Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 20-09-2012, 08:06 PM #1
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Default Nick is sorry...

Look at his sad face, shall we forgive him?...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/v...ion-fees-video
Old 20-09-2012, 08:11 PM #2

I wish him pain and failure in his political career.
Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 08:14 PM #3
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

How much more humilation can one man heap upon himself. He really will do ANYTHING to stay in power.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 08:41 PM #4
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

His apology is over 2 years too late, he has at last heard that people on his Councillors doorsteps are still moaning about this,
There are loads of other things he has to apologise for too, not just this issue.

Coalition Govt should be about compromise,the Lib Dems warned the Conservatives would if they got an overall majority at least double tuition fees, his party would never support that, also that his policy was to abolish the fees altogether.

Where in any sense of the word is there any compromise in then voting to support the trebling of tuition fees.
Students before the increase could expect to have to pay just over half of a years salary back when eligible to do so.
Under this new level, they will have to pay nearer a year and a quarters salary back when eligible.

He is a total hypocrite and now as we move well and truly into the last expected half of this miserable coalitions existence he decides to now say sorry after spending the last year or so ging on about how it is time to move on from the tuition fees saga.

For a few miserable Ministerial positions and to be able to say the Lib Dems had shared power after so long,also with for himself a title of Deputy PM that the Conservatives had no intention of having anyway, they don't now even have a Deputy Leader.(William Hague would have deputised for David Cameron). He allowed the principles of the Lib Dems to be near completely sold out and abandoned.
He has allowed a hard hammer to be taken to the weakest,poorest and most vulnerable in society so this apology to me is meaningless.

His party will be hammered at the next election, he,if he doesn't lose his seat,will resign from it soon after and head off to a handsomely paid job in Europe.
Good riddance to him for me and I hope re-runs of the last election are regularly shown to the voters at the next election to remind them of the false and meaningless staements that the Lib Dems under Clegg will say.

Under Clegg,the Lib Dems have little or no credibility left,his apology is as much baloney as his promises are.
(Yes for my sins I trusted and voted for him last time, never ever again though).

Last edited by joeysteele; 20-09-2012 at 08:43 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 08:57 PM #5
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I agree i bet he rues the day he went back on that promise, trebbling them is unforgivable he knows that.
He made a point of saying that labour would have done it too..But would they? without the backing of the tutors unions who were against the fee hike?..Sorry nick you sold your soul to the devil imo.

Last edited by Kizzy; 20-09-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 08:58 PM #6
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
His apology is over 2 years too late, he has at last heard that people on his Councillors doorsteps are still moaning about this,
There are loads of other things he has to apologise for too, not just this issue.

Coalition Govt should be about compromise,the Lib Dems warned the Conservatives would if they got an overall majority at least double tuition fees, his party would never support that, also that his policy was to abolish the fees altogether.

Where in any sense of the word is there any compromise in then voting to support the trebling of tuition fees.
Students before the increase could expect to have to pay just over half of a years salary back when eligible to do so.
Under this new level, they will have to pay nearer a year and a quarters salary back when eligible.

He is a total hypocrite and now as we move well and truly into the last expected half of this miserable coalitions existence he decides to now say sorry after spending the last year or so ging on about how it is time to move on from the tuition fees saga.

For a few miserable Ministerial positions and to be able to say the Lib Dems had shared power after so long,also with for himself a title of Deputy PM that the Conservatives had no intention of having anyway, they don't now even have a Deputy Leader.(William Hague would have deputised for David Cameron). He allowed the principles of the Lib Dems to be near completely sold out and abandoned.
He has allowed a hard hammer to be taken to the weakest,poorest and most vulnerable in society so this apology to me is meaningless.

His party will be hammered at the next election, he,if he doesn't lose his seat,will resign from it soon after and head off to a handsomely paid job in Europe.
Good riddance to him for me and I hope re-runs of the last election are regularly shown to the voters at the next election to remind them of the false and meaningless staements that the Lib Dems under Clegg will say.

Under Clegg,the Lib Dems have little or no credibility left,his apology is as much baloney as his promises are.
(Yes for my sins I trusted and voted for him last time, never ever again though).
Me too, mainly because he came out with the most credit from the televised debates ...I wont be caught again

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 09:00 PM #7

arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 09:00 PM #8

Quote:

Yeah, this.

Don’t let your regret be stronger than your gratitude, don’t go hanging on to negativity and don’t go underselling yourself. That is all.
Redway is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 09:02 PM #9
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB14: Charlie
75% Trish

Favourites (more):

well in fairness at least he admits he made a mistake.
fruit_cake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 09:06 PM #10
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
I believe him now! hahahaha
Old 20-09-2012, 09:14 PM #11
75% Trish

Favourites (more):
75% Trish

Favourites (more):

looks like Nicks been putting on quite a bit of weight lately
fruit_cake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 09:15 PM #12
charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

he got himself into this he get himself out
Marcus. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 09:21 PM #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzy View Post
I believe him now! hahahaha

Yes great song
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 09:47 PM #14
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Local elections next May. The LibDems have lost a lot of support. Their campaign is starting now, I see.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 09:49 PM #15
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruit_cake View Post
looks like Nicks been putting on quite a bit of weight lately
The power has gone straight to his thighs....
Old 20-09-2012, 10:00 PM #16
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

What an absolute desperate clown.
Very fitting that the video makes him look exactly what he has reduced his party to, a total joke,(as his apology is too).
Old 20-09-2012, 10:02 PM #17
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Can't see dave doing much better thankfully.
Old 20-09-2012, 10:02 PM #18
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
What an absolute desperate clown.
Very fitting that the video makes him look exactly what he has reduced his party to, a total joke,(as his apology is too).
I hear he gave permission for the musical version, with proceeds going to a children's hospital. Of course, that doesn't sound like his PR thought it up, or anything.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 10:07 PM #19
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I hear he gave permission for the musical version, with proceeds going to a children's hospital. Of course, that doesn't sound like his PR thought it up, or anything.
Well, that's the only decent thing to come out of this for me then, that any proceeds does go to a Children's Hospital in his constituency.
The one and only decent thing he's done for them since the last election.
Old 20-09-2012, 10:10 PM #20
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Still more than cameron has done...I don't see him apologising for his 'austerity' measures (whilst he is quaffing fine wine following his summer break) do you?

Last edited by Kizzy; 20-09-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 20-09-2012, 10:21 PM #21
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

With fullest respct to David Cameron and the Conservatives though, they said they would set out to do these austerity measures, they are not doing anything they said they wouldn't except for the NHS across the board reforms.

I have no argument with parties keeping their promises,even if some of the means and policies they use are not to my liking at all but I take massive offence at parties who virtually rip up their manifestos and disregard really firm promises after getting people to trust them and vote for them,just to have a period in power.

There are many things I agreed with the Conservatives on,as I did Labour too.
I disagreed with the Conservatives as to the format for their reforms but reforms had to be made,I agree with them on that.
I had my concerns though that they would not have compassion and be fair reforms which is why I didn't vote for them.
I haven't liked the means used to do many of those reforms and measures from this coalition taking office but unlike the Lib Dems, the Conservatives have at least set out to do what they said they would.

Last edited by joeysteele; 20-09-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old 20-09-2012, 10:28 PM #22
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
With fullest respct to David Cameron and the Conservatives though, they said they would set out to do these austerity measures, they are not doing anything they said they wouldn't except for the NHS across the board reforms.

I have no argument with parties keeping their promises,even if some of the means and policies they use are not to my liking at all but I take massive offence at parties who virtually rip up their manifestos and disregard really firm promises after getting people to trust them and vote for them,just to have a period in power.

There are many things I agreed with the Conservatives on,as I did Labour too.
I disagreed with the Conservatives as to the format for their reforms but reforms had to be made,I agree with them on that.
I had my concerns though that they would not have compassion and be fair reforms which is why I didn't vote for them.
I haven't liked the means used to do many of those reforms and measures from this coalition taking office but unlike the Lib Dems, the Conservatives have at least set out to do what they said they would.
Thats a pretty big lie then...As they have done nothing for the NHS and are grinding it into the ground.
Nick has held his hands up on his failing...But its too little too late.
Remember too that during 'austerity' cameron gave some people a tax break...Was it your average joe?....no.

Last edited by Kizzy; 20-09-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 20-09-2012, 10:35 PM #23
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

It's a separate issue the NHS as no party had across the board reforms in their manifestos as to doing so, I however am really disgruntled with the reforms of the NHS, I have family who work in the NHS, from Doctors to Nurses who hate and detest the reforms being made.
It is the issue where for me,at the next election the Conservatives will not be trusted with it and will therefore lose that election.

How did they get the NHS reforms through in the first place though,only with the support of Nick Clegg and his Lib Dems, who also argued very strongly against any across the board NHS reforms.
None of the reforms could have taken place without the support in Parliament of Clegg and the Lib Dems, another good reason to cast the Lib Dems into a political abyss for a few decades at least.

Last edited by joeysteele; 20-09-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 20-09-2012, 11:15 PM #24
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
It's a separate issue the NHS as no party had across the board reforms in their manifestos as to doing so, I however am really disgruntled with the reforms of the NHS, I have family who work in the NHS, from Doctors to Nurses who hate and detest the reforms being made.
It is the issue where for me,at the next election the Conservatives will not be trusted with it and will therefore lose that election.

How did they get the NHS reforms through in the first place though,only with the support of Nick Clegg and his Lib Dems, who also argued very strongly against any across the board NHS reforms.
None of the reforms could have taken place without the support in Parliament of Clegg and the Lib Dems, another good reason to cast the Lib Dems into a political abyss for a few decades at least.
Why is it a separate issue?
It would have been very interesting to be a fly on the wall during the decision making process, which policies were supported or shelved from both parties... The lib dems do seem to have come off very badly from this and I can just see the tories emerging unscathed, it makes me sick.

Last edited by Kizzy; 20-09-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 21-09-2012, 08:33 AM #25
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzy View Post
Why is it a separate issue?
It would have been very interesting to be a fly on the wall during the decision making process, which policies were supported or shelved from both parties... The lib dems do seem to have come off very badly from this and I can just see the tories emerging unscathed, it makes me sick.
I would think it obvious how the NHS is a separate issue because not one of the main parties,or in fact any other party in the UK claimed to have any plan to reform across the board the NHS in their manifestos so therefore never presented same to the electorate.

Unlike other policies such as cuts being made in the first year, Labour and Lib Dems against,Conservatives for.
Tuition fees, Labour leaving them as they were, Lib Dems wanting to abolish them, Conservatives planning to at least double them.
VAT increase, Libe Dems against, Labour mo plans to raise it, Conservaives likely to raise it.

Even the welfare and benefit reforms have gone much further than is acceptable in my view as to all I am learning about them, they lack compassion, undersatnding and fairness in many areas.
Another back step on fairness especially to the bedroom tax from the Lib Dems again.

How any reform, not in any part's manifesto, as the NHS reforms were not, can then become part of a coalition agreement when having been never presented to the voters at the election is beyond me but for the Lib Dems then to have supported those NHS reforms in spite of that is utterly beyond belief.

I raised the NHS because it is one other thing on a long list of policies they have supported in Parliament that they will be judged massively wrong for doing so and that they should also be apologising for.
It is the message that the Parliamentary Lib Dems are getting even from their own Councillors now,up and down the Nation, that has prompted this apology from Clegg, for over a year he has arrogantly stated it is time for them and the voters to move on from the tuition fees issue.

Now he claims to be apologising for it near 2 years on.
Clegg is worried,not sorry,he is likely to go down as the worst Liberal,(whatever), leader since before the war and he knows that, his party has known it for well over 18 months now.

I do agree that it is the coalition agreement that was wrong, this was the best chance ever since long before the war for the Lib Dems to get much more say and ring moderation and compassion to policies.
The Conservatives failed badly to get an overall majority in an election they should have walked in from, a discredited Labour Govt and a PM who made gaffe after gaffe.
They didn't walk in though they fell well short,the Lib Dems had enormous power there for their taking.
However,in order to get Lords reform and at least an AV voting system via referendum,they moved right back from their bargaining position and agreed to some unbelievable aspects of Conservative policy that were a world away from what they themselves believed in.

I keep saying it but tuition fees is the greatest example of that, how they can call a compromise of wanting to abolish tuition fees as opposed to the other party wanting to at least double them and then agree to support to treble them is unbelievable and has no sensible reasoning to it whatsoever.
Even to get some people taken out of paying tax altogether,they had to agree to a 10% cut in the 50p tax rate,also something they bitterly opposed.

Unbelievable from a party that was,by the voters, put into a position where no other party could have governed securely without their support.
Failing to deliver their principles and right and fair policies in such a scenario is failure in the highest degree.

Back to the NHS,which I believe is now an issue that will lead to even the Lib Dems not being seen as being able to be trusted with it either.
The NHS reforms will bring massive problems to the NHS, they were wrong to be planned without another election and the Lib Dems were 100% out of order to even entertain the idea of them, never mind support them. That's my view anyway.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
nick