Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2012 [S9] Series 9 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor with judges Gary, Tulisa, new judge Nicole and Louis was shown August - December 2012.

Old 26-11-2012, 04:23 PM #26
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzy View Post
It's very unfair that this is discarded as tabloid rubbish, when jahmene had accusations made against him every word was gobbled up as gospel......
Bit of a double standard.
Chris is good, but only in a joe mac'eldrey way. Can see him in the west end, but thats it.
Your're comparing Jahmene's crying on stage and loads of VT's of his sob stories to an article in a Newspaper that keeps printing loads of bad stuff on Christopher? it's not really a fair comparison especially considering no other Newspaper has printed this story of Christopher's.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 07:54 AM #27

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mockinator View Post
The Mirror just won't let the hatred for him go will they?
The Mirror are only reporting what a colleague of Chris's told them. Why would they like a man who is violent towards women? Why isn't he talking about suing their asses for defamation of character? Or the woman's for that matter? Hmmm...

Last edited by jet; 29-11-2012 at 07:55 AM.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 08:17 AM #28

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Maybe he'll throttle Tulisa if he doesn't get through this week then
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 08:27 AM #29

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

probably true tbh

and he worked on cruise ships? so whats with all this nervousness nonsense
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 08:55 AM #30
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
Maybe he'll throttle Tulisa if he doesn't get through this week then

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 09:41 AM #31
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Your're comparing Jahmene's crying on stage and loads of VT's of his sob stories to an article in a Newspaper that keeps printing loads of bad stuff on Christopher? it's not really a fair comparison especially considering no other Newspaper has printed this story of Christopher's.
I'm comparing this silly story to the silly story of jahmene refusing to sing a song....
Fans of other acts were very quick to believe that, bit unfair that now a unsubstantiated story involving chris has surfaced it is defended so fiercely?...
Old 29-11-2012, 10:14 AM #32
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
*leaves thread*

It does seem a total witch hunt now tbh. Seems anyone who has known him is willing to jump on the bandwagon for a quick $. Sad really. I cant see there being truth to these stories. Surely if he had attacked his manager the police would have been contacted, same with strangling someone.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 10:43 AM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I can’t speak for Kizzy, but it baffles me that Chris’s reported violence (which COULD be true in the absence of any strenuous action by him against the accusations) is just brushed aside as nothing whilst Jahmene’s life with a violent father is used against him as a ‘sob story’.

A sob story is when you dramatize a relatively normal event to gain sympathy. Chris did this in his first audition by saying the song he was going to sing was the one he sang at his grandfather’s funeral. There was no need to say that. He then dramatized the ‘nerves’ by shaking like a leaf when he was already very used to singing in public. Then came the ‘I’m doing this for my Nan’ and ‘The way I’m being treated is making my Nan ill’.

Jahmene, on the other hand, said nothing about his horrific experiences at his audition and for quite a while after we knew nothing of it. It came out naturally because he is a contestant and people wanted to know more about him and his life, just as they did with the other contestants.

Jahmine’s story isn’t a ‘sob story’ – it is his ‘life story’ and if it offends some people by the telling they need to ask themselves why. Living all his life with domestic violence, being beaten repeatedly, living in hiding and seeing his mother attacked with a blow torch and his brother commit suicide is what has defined him. He isn’t dramatizing anything to make it sound more heartbreaking or worse than it is, which is the whole definition of a sob story. He doesn’t play the ‘poor me’ part. He states the facts and the reality and then goes out with his mother and helps others.

I find it disturbing that he is criticized for not hiding away his life of violent experiences but instead uses them to bring publicity to the issue and be a role model and inspiration for other young people going through domestic violence.
I find it even more disturbing that at the same time the accusations of violence against Chris are so lightly and thoughtlessly dismissed as ‘nonsense’. That his work colleague is lying is seen as a ‘given’. It’s mind blowing.
What kind of man Chris is remains in doubt amid stories of violence, bad temper, diva – ish behaviour, being fired from 2 jobs and the obvious dislike of those who are living and working with him.

There is no such doubts about the young man that Jahmene is – he’s amazing and inspirational and his mother must be bursting with pride.

Last edited by jet; 29-11-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 29-11-2012, 10:48 AM #34
0_o

0_o

Oh, I dont think Jahmenes 'sob story' should be used against him either. And I think its damn disrespectful to dismiss it as a sob story...its not. A sob story is (example) Jade constantly banging on about her council house and that. Jahmenes story is his actual horrible life that he had as a child. And didnt he only speak about it after he was asked? If he was using it for the show surely he would have laid it on thick at the auditions stages to guarantee getting through.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 11:03 AM #35
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

It is nice to see there are those who can see through all the media hype to the simple truth.
It's obviously a rare skill.
Old 29-11-2012, 11:26 AM #36

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

Jealousy
Old 29-11-2012, 12:12 PM #37

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Oh, I dont think Jahmenes 'sob story' should be used against him either. And I think its damn disrespectful to dismiss it as a sob story...its not. A sob story is (example) Jade constantly banging on about her council house and that. Jahmenes story is his actual horrible life that he had as a child. And didnt he only speak about it after he was asked? If he was using it for the show surely he would have laid it on thick at the auditions stages to guarantee getting through.
Exactly.
Old 29-11-2012, 06:50 PM #38
Z

Z

As much as I dislike him, this reminds me SO much of Popstars: The Rivals in the week leading to the girls final when the papers suddenly started running stories that Kimberley Walsh was a diva backstage when she's quite blatantly one of the most normal celebrities and nicest people in pop music - because the producers were starting work on post-show stuff on the assumption that Kimberley wasn't going to make it. There's an interview with Javine on YouTube which says as much, she has a copy of Sound of the Underground with her singing on it with Nadine, Cheryl, Nicola and Sarah. Bosses pay the papers to run these smear campaigns. Why would Chris sue them? It costs a lot of money to sue someone, and when you're up against a company you're fighting their collective might. It wouldn't be worth his time. I think Chris is a fake and I could easily believe these stories, but I don't believe they are true. Shame on whoever commissioned these stories, because they certainly didn't happen.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 06:51 PM #39
charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

charlton lee bowyer

Favourites (more):
BB19: Akeem
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

they try anything to get me out
Marcus. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 07:20 PM #40

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
As much as I dislike him, this reminds me SO much of Popstars: The Rivals in the week leading to the girls final when the papers suddenly started running stories that Kimberley Walsh was a diva backstage when she's quite blatantly one of the most normal celebrities and nicest people in pop music - because the producers were starting work on post-show stuff on the assumption that Kimberley wasn't going to make it. There's an interview with Javine on YouTube which says as much, she has a copy of Sound of the Underground with her singing on it with Nadine, Cheryl, Nicola and Sarah. Bosses pay the papers to run these smear campaigns. Why would Chris sue them? It costs a lot of money to sue someone, and when you're up against a company you're fighting their collective might. It wouldn't be worth his time. I think Chris is a fake and I could easily believe these stories, but I don't believe they are true. Shame on whoever commissioned these stories, because they certainly didn't happen.
Sorry, but you can't possibly know that X Factor bosses paid a former colleague of Chris's to say that he tried to strangle her and 2 former employers of his to say that they fired him. How did they even find these people and get them all to comply? They gave real names and places of work. It sounds highly implausible rubbish to me and I can't believe you think it isn't.
And I suppose they forced James to say the stuff he did and Rylan to say he had a feud with Chris - and they gave Tulisa and Nicole special acting lessons to make sure their disdain of Chris looked genuine - and I wonder how much Louis from 1D got for his contribution...and all this happens year after year in the X Factor I presume so they get the winner they want but never comes out as everyone is too terrified to say anything. Does it really sound likely?
The simple explanation is usually the correct one - that there is some truth to the stories and he just isn't that likable.
Old 29-11-2012, 07:43 PM #41
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Sorry, but you can't possibly know that X Factor bosses paid a former colleague of Chris's to say that he tried to strangle her and 2 former employers of his to say that they fired him. How did they even find these people and get them all to comply? They gave real names and places of work. It sounds highly implausible rubbish to me and I can't believe you think it isn't.
And I suppose they forced James to say the stuff he did and Rylan to say he had a feud with Chris - and they gave Tulisa and Nicole special acting lessons to make sure their disdain of Chris looked genuine - and I wonder how much Louis from 1D got for his contribution...and all this happens year after year in the X Factor I presume so they get the winner they want but never comes out as everyone is too terrified to say anything. Does it really sound likely?
The simple explanation is usually the correct one - that there is some truth to the stories and he just isn't that likable.
Yes, he just isn't that likable, and that's precisely why people believe these stories and add the 'truth' to the stories in their minds. I don't doubt that the places of work, jobs and people are real - but are you telling me you wouldn't invent a story for easy cash if they made it out like there weren't going to be any consequences? Half the time the papers just outright make stuff up and then publish apologies later, also to fill up the pages. They have to fill up the pages with SOMETHING every day - and making up a lie and then publishing an apology fills up space for two days. Yeah, the other judges, contestants and other people don't like him - but that doesn't suddenly make tabloid stories about him true. Tabloid stories will be fuelling why other people don't like him, they don't know him personally! They find these people because they know where their contestants have come from. How do the papers find ex boyfriends and girlfriends of famous people? They snoop. These people don't all flock to newspaper headquarters to tell them stories, often they are sought out for information that, if they don't share it, is often just made up anyway.

Let's be honest - Tulisa openly disdains the guy. That just opens the flood gates for other people to do it too. What would you say if these stories suddenly appeared about Jahmene? I bet you'd say they couldn't possibly be true because he seems like a nice, timid person. You're right, he does seem like a nice, timid person, but we can't apply truth to assumptions based on what an edited television program lets us see. It works both ways. Just because someone seems fake, doesn't mean they are, and it certainly doesn't mean they are violent criminals!
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 01:09 AM #42

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Yes, he just isn't that likable, and that's precisely why people believe these stories and add the 'truth' to the stories in their minds. I don't doubt that the places of work, jobs and people are real - but are you telling me you wouldn't invent a story for easy cash if they made it out like there weren't going to be any consequences? Half the time the papers just outright make stuff up and then publish apologies later, also to fill up the pages. They have to fill up the pages with SOMETHING every day - and making up a lie and then publishing an apology fills up space for two days. Yeah, the other judges, contestants and other people don't like him - but that doesn't suddenly make tabloid stories about him true. Tabloid stories will be fuelling why other people don't like him, they don't know him personally! They find these people because they know where their contestants have come from. How do the papers find ex boyfriends and girlfriends of famous people? They snoop. These people don't all flock to newspaper headquarters to tell them stories, often they are sought out for information that, if they don't share it, is often just made up anyway.

Let's be honest - Tulisa openly disdains the guy. That just opens the flood gates for other people to do it too. What would you say if these stories suddenly appeared about Jahmene? I bet you'd say they couldn't possibly be true because he seems like a nice, timid person. You're right, he does seem like a nice, timid person, but we can't apply truth to assumptions based on what an edited television program lets us see. It works both ways. Just because someone seems fake, doesn't mean they are, and it certainly doesn't mean they are violent criminals!
Well we agree that Chris isn’t that likable, but I disagree that is why most people ‘believe’ these stories. I have not read that anyone believes without doubt that the stories are true – I have always said there may be 'some truth' to them – never that they are definitely true. What I have read is statements over and over again that state they are NOT true – because nobody, you included, could possibly know that.

Quote:
are you telling me you wouldn't invent a story for easy cash if they made it out like there weren't going to be any consequences?

Degrade someones character for money? NO, I most definitely would not. Maybe that is why I think there is some truth to the stories and you do not.

I just can’t see X Factor bosses going to these lengths to try to destroy someone’s reputation. You make them sound like the mafia. They couldn’t risk any such thing.
If they really did as you suggest (which I don’t believe for a moment) then his former colleague who he allegedly attacked; another lady who he allegedly 'nearly' attacked and 2 separate employers all have the same moral code and all took money to outright bring down his character. That is 4 separate people who all showed that they have no liking or respect for him anyway. And if they did take money to do the dirty deed, wouldn’t they then go further and be after much, much more to give the papers a big exclusive scoop and blow the X Factor bosses and their tactics wide open? Nah.

It’s much more likely that the girl who Chris attacked was contacted or made contact herself to the papers and sold her story because there WAS some truth to it - with some exaggeration probably thrown in to make it more worthwhile to print. Their mutual employer was then contacted for confirmation and remembered an ‘incident’ and that he had later fired him. They probably then gave them the name of another employer who had fired him for a similar event who confirmed it. That is the most likely scenario. All this talk about mafia- like bosses and dirty money is a bit far fetched. I dislike Simon Cowell, but he’s the boss and he’s not that stupid that he would risk his reputation to try to destroy someone who isn’t by any means a sure winner anyway. What will Simon do next – hire a hitman to knock Chris off?

Quote:
Let's be honest - Tulisa openly disdains the guy.
Yep. Nicole does too. Neither can hardly bear to address him and that is very telling. They know more than we do obviously and as that has never, ever been the case with any other contestant in the history of the show maybe we need to think about that.

Quote:
What would you say if these stories suddenly appeared about Jahmene? I bet you'd say they couldn't possibly be true because he seems like a nice, timid person.
But they haven’t, and wouldn’t, because he IS a nice timid person. People much more often than not ARE what they seem to be. But if such a thing occurred, I would weigh up the probabilities of such accusations and think them very very unlikely indeed. Laughable, in fact. But how could I be 100% sure?

Quote:
Just because someone seems fake, doesn't mean they are, and it certainly doesn't mean they are violent criminals!
If someone seems fake, then there is a big chance that a part of them isn’t comfortable and they are hiding an aspect of their true self. As he hasn't been convicted of a violent crime, I would never presume to brand him a 'violent criminal'.

These stories about Chris MAY be true or they may not. I will repeat that common sense says there is something in it all. I will always react against people who say something CAN’T POSSIBLY be true, end of story. That is just a cop out. At least you have given reasons for your certainty that he is completely innocent and I respect your opinions and conclusions even though I obviously don’t agree with most of them.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
accused, bully, christopher, past, violent