Notices

The X Factor 2012 [S9] Series 9 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor with judges Gary, Tulisa, new judge Nicole and Louis was shown August - December 2012.

Old 29-11-2012, 03:44 AM #1
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Default I can't believe he will win after performing like this.

You can't even blame the judges for that one as he picked the song with the other two auditionees.

I honestly don't think his that good and it proves it aswell with that Bootcamp performance, it definitely explains why his never done an uptempo again.

Out with extreme Politics on both sides of the divide.
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 03:45 AM #2
His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

His blood is bad.

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBUSA20: Brett

Now now Mock you're almost getting as bad as Pio is with Tulisa
Old 29-11-2012, 03:47 AM #3

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Now now Mock you're almost getting as bad as Pio is with Tulisa
Only difference is that I'm not hopeful about it unlike Pio over Tulisa being a ***** all over him lol.

Old 29-11-2012, 04:10 AM #4
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

pretty much how I hear him most of the time anyway. Shrill, not at all enjoyable. He's just not suitable for current music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 08:20 AM #5

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

The judges and the bookies don't seem to care that he had one off performance due to nerves.
He sang Titanium brilliantly and it's current and uptempo. Tears of a clown is uptempo too. Talk about a selective memory.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 08:41 AM #6

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
pretty much how I hear him most of the time anyway. Shrill, not at all enjoyable. He's just not suitable for current music.
Exactly the same, why is he favourite to win
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 10:01 AM #7
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

He has a great voice, and has proved himself to be a versatile performer.
The thought that 'popular' music is to contain clones of Cheryl Cole and Gary Barlow forevermore is terrifying.
Old 29-11-2012, 10:04 AM #8
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Yes! Jahmene is amazing! He would be a very worthy winner.

Last edited by Vanessa; 29-11-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Vanessa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 10:16 AM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzy View Post
He has a great voice, and has proved himself to be a versatile performer.
The thought that 'popular' music is to contain clones of Cheryl Cole and Gary Barlow forevermore is terrifying.
Spot on. Jahmene is fresh and different . A few young ones I know are really starting to crush on him!
Old 29-11-2012, 08:03 PM #10
Z

Z

Jahmene's whole vibe is just like Marcus Collins... he's clearly got talent, but it's been so hit and miss on the show and a lot of the time it's screechy and difficult to listen to. I think people are confusing the fact he can hit high notes with bona fide talent - I believe Union J on a good day are much better than Jahmene on a good day, because they actually hit the spot when they're doing it well. Even in good performances, Jahmene still wildly misses notes all over the place. It's a bit ridiculous that he's being touted as the winner because he's so shocking at times, he needs vocal coaching and, I've no idea how, but some kind of revamped image OR completely original and GOOD material when he launches a solo career, because otherwise he is going to flop harder than Joe McElderry. Jahmene's adorable and all that, and that's great for earning sympathy votes, but it doesn't make him a pop star. Kizzy, the thing that Cheryl Cole and Gary Barlow have that makes them pop stars, and good ones at that, is their performance skills. Cheryl might not be the best singer in the world but she's got a unique sound to her voice, she's a great dancer and she's engaging to watch. Gary Barlow is a great singer, a great song writer, a great musician in general but he's the weakest dancer of the Take That guys and was never the most attractive or charismatic of his bandmates in their hey day, but that didn't matter because he made up for it in other areas. Jahmene's ONLY strength is his voice, which is really hit and miss. How is he going to fill arenas, stadiums, concert halls if he can't even be vocally perfect, which he has to do, because it's his only performance skill?
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 08:05 PM #11
legend

legend

His best was Titanium because it suited the song and nothing he has done or ever will do will beat this:

But yeah he shouldn't win
Doogle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 08:09 PM #12
Z

Z

He's not even in tune with the piano!!
Old 29-11-2012, 09:44 PM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
He's not even in tune with the piano!!
This.

Old 30-11-2012, 03:53 AM #14

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Jahmene's whole vibe is just like Marcus Collins... he's clearly got talent, but it's been so hit and miss on the show and a lot of the time it's screechy and difficult to listen to. I think people are confusing the fact he can hit high notes with bona fide talent - I believe Union J on a good day are much better than Jahmene on a good day, because they actually hit the spot when they're doing it well. Even in good performances, Jahmene still wildly misses notes all over the place. It's a bit ridiculous that he's being touted as the winner because he's so shocking at times, he needs vocal coaching and, I've no idea how, but some kind of revamped image OR completely original and GOOD material when he launches a solo career, because otherwise he is going to flop harder than Joe McElderry. Jahmene's adorable and all that, and that's great for earning sympathy votes, but it doesn't make him a pop star. Kizzy, the thing that Cheryl Cole and Gary Barlow have that makes them pop stars, and good ones at that, is their performance skills. Cheryl might not be the best singer in the world but she's got a unique sound to her voice, she's a great dancer and she's engaging to watch. Gary Barlow is a great singer, a great song writer, a great musician in general but he's the weakest dancer of the Take That guys and was never the most attractive or charismatic of his bandmates in their hey day, but that didn't matter because he made up for it in other areas. Jahmene's ONLY strength is his voice, which is really hit and miss. How is he going to fill arenas, stadiums, concert halls if he can't even be vocally perfect, which he has to do, because it's his only performance skill?
Oh dear. Here I am disagreeing with you again. The pair of us are like chalk and cheese
You are overlooking the fact that Gary Barlow has been around for yonks - even he had to start somewhere as a spotty youth and Cheryl Cole was a little chav who wore trackie bottoms and white trainers and had a penchant for punch ups. Jahmene has been around for all but a few weeks. My goodness, give him a chance to draw breath!
We have enough Gary's and Cheryls anyway. Great as they are in their own way, they are 2 a penny. And lets face it, if Cheryl looked like the back of a bus, no one would be saying her voice was 'unique'. It isn't - her voice is weak and mediocre but she looks good and dances good. It's fluff entertainment and it has its place.

Jahmene is nothing like Marcus Collins either. Marcus was light soul/pop - Jahmene is deep and intricate blues/gospel with hints of classical jazz - if he could get the chance to do it like he did with 'At Last' in his phenomenal audition.

Quote:
Even in good performances, Jahmene still wildly misses notes all over the place.
And the judges don't notice a thing, and he's been the main favourite all along? Righty ho. Jahmene had one bad show - in bootcamp, and that was it. My ears are definitely of the same caliber as the panel from the music industry.

Quote:
It's a bit ridiculous that he's being touted as the winner because he's so shocking at times, he needs vocal coaching
If he is as shocking a singer as you hear him to be at times and needs vocal coaching why aren't the X Factor 'mafia' (haha) paying massive sums of money to the Mirror and random people to discredit him in case he wins the thing? Eh? Eh? They allegedly do it with Chris (according to you) and he isn't even the favourite. *smirk* I don't think being 'adorable' but a 'hit and miss' singer means a lot when it comes to a big record deal.

Seriously, he has an individual voice that is like nothing the X factor has ever heard before and the judges are licking his ass because they know it. He sings with intensity and passion and light and shade and highs and lows - he has it all. He is an absolute original and I can see why some people maybe don't get it if they are not used to the fusion of a gospel/blues voice adapting to sing the material they are forced to sing. They know they have a unique talent there and they are nuturing it. It won't matter if he wins or not, they will be all over him with a contract anyway. Same with James. He is bloody good too - and if he could sing his own stuff instead of the usual crap forced on them he wouldn't ever have been in the bottom 2.

Quote:
Jahmene's ONLY strength is his voice
Not in the opinion of the judges and the bookies and my whole family and my friends (bar two - one who is a Union J fan and another who loved Ella). Jahmene is a fairly insignificant little fellow when he isn't singing. But when he takes to the stage an amazing transformation happens. He commands the space and radiates intensity and passion and love for his craft. I literally can't take my eyes off him when he is singing. He draws me in and attracts me like a moth to a flame. Louis Walsh said that Jahmene is the singer who holds his full attention with every song he sings. He sings his praises more than he does his own acts.
Nicole said she's going to take him to the States because they'd eat him up.
It seems he has the respect and admiration of those who matter...

Last edited by jet; 30-11-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 30-11-2012, 03:57 AM #15

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

America would not take to Jahmene, he can't speak which the Americans hate.

Old 30-11-2012, 04:19 AM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mockinator View Post
America would not take to Jahmene, he can't speak which the Americans hate.
Well I'm only repeating Nicole's words. She has confidence in him.
I think Nicole could bring Jahmene out of himself given time if anybody could
Old 30-11-2012, 04:40 AM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

She would have to do it quickly because he makes James look like the life and soul of the party in comparison.

Old 30-11-2012, 03:51 PM #18
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Oh dear. Here I am disagreeing with you again. The pair of us are like chalk and cheese
You are overlooking the fact that Gary Barlow has been around for yonks - even he had to start somewhere as a spotty youth and Cheryl Cole was a little chav who wore trackie bottoms and white trainers and had a penchant for punch ups. Jahmene has been around for all but a few weeks. My goodness, give him a chance to draw breath!
We have enough Gary's and Cheryls anyway. Great as they are in their own way, they are 2 a penny. And lets face it, if Cheryl looked like the back of a bus, no one would be saying her voice was 'unique'. It isn't - her voice is weak and mediocre but she looks good and dances good. It's fluff entertainment and it has its place.

Jahmene is nothing like Marcus Collins either. Marcus was light soul/pop - Jahmene is deep and intricate blues/gospel with hints of classical jazz - if he could get the chance to do it like he did with 'At Last' in his phenomenal audition.

And the judges don't notice a thing, and he's been the main favourite all along? Righty ho. Jahmene had one bad show - in bootcamp, and that was it. My ears are definitely of the same caliber as the panel from the music industry.

If he is as shocking a singer as you hear him to be at times and needs vocal coaching why aren't the X Factor 'mafia' (haha) paying massive sums of money to the Mirror and random people to discredit him in case he wins the thing? Eh? Eh? They allegedly do it with Chris (according to you) and he isn't even the favourite. *smirk* I don't think being 'adorable' but a 'hit and miss' singer means a lot when it comes to a big record deal.

Seriously, he has an individual voice that is like nothing the X factor has ever heard before and the judges are licking his ass because they know it. He sings with intensity and passion and light and shade and highs and lows - he has it all. He is an absolute original and I can see why some people maybe don't get it if they are not used to the fusion of a gospel/blues voice adapting to sing the material they are forced to sing. They know they have a unique talent there and they are nuturing it. It won't matter if he wins or not, they will be all over him with a contract anyway. Same with James. He is bloody good too - and if he could sing his own stuff instead of the usual crap forced on them he wouldn't ever have been in the bottom 2.

Not in the opinion of the judges and the bookies and my whole family and my friends (bar two - one who is a Union J fan and another who loved Ella). Jahmene is a fairly insignificant little fellow when he isn't singing. But when he takes to the stage an amazing transformation happens. He commands the space and radiates intensity and passion and love for his craft. I literally can't take my eyes off him when he is singing. He draws me in and attracts me like a moth to a flame. Louis Walsh said that Jahmene is the singer who holds his full attention with every song he sings. He sings his praises more than he does his own acts.
Nicole said she's going to take him to the States because they'd eat him up.
It seems he has the respect and admiration of those who matter...
Wow, you are a whole bunch of annoying it's great that we differ in opinion though, it's nice to read another person's point of view.

Yes, of course they all have to start somewhere, I don't understand why you brought that up - everybody has to start somewhere. Cheryl and Gary, as "two a penny" as you say they are, have more than one attribute that's relevant to the entertainment industry. Gary - singer, songwriter, strong ideas for his own artistic vision. Cheryl - singer, dancer, attractive, has a strong personality that the tabloids love. I think so many people are completely dismissive of Cheryl because it's cool to be anti- what's popular. You know her singing voice as soon as you hear it - it's not the strongest voice in the world and she's not got the best range or power behind it, but it's a unique voice and it sounds good on a pop record. It's the same for Britney Spears - you know her voice immediately, even though it's pretty weak. Yes, of course looks help her, but that's true of everyone in the fame industry. Susan Boyle's appearance was just as important to her rise to fame as it was to Cheryl Tweedy for different, and yet similar reasons. Would anyone be giving Jahmene an outpouring of support if he looked like the back end of a bus? No. He's cute and it works in his favour. Again, it's another moot point - famous people are unique looking, either in a good way or a different way, that's just the way it is.

I do not see what Jahmene brings to the table other than his vocal ability, which in my opinion isn't all that great to begin with. At times he's verging on Johnny Robinson levels of shrill and ridiculous. I'm not comparing Jahmene and Marcus musically, you've missed the point I was making, the point is that they both have a niche that is not going to slot into what's popular today. The music business decides for itself what's popular and what's not, and right now what's popular is dance music, hence the rise of David Guetta, Calvin Harris et al. To break that mold, you have to be absolutely outstanding and also gain media support, and that's not something that is afforded to X Factor contestants. Leona Lewis should be selling out arenas and she's struggling to even score top 10 hits for all of her accolades. What does that tell us? That pop music is fickle and revolves around making chart friendly music. Being a throwback to the '50s kind of act isn't going to cut it. I for one cannot enjoy a Jahmene performance because I don't like his voice and I don't get where he's aiming to be musically. It's a dead end.

You're openly ignoring the performance he gave that, the following week in his VT, he himself said wasn't very good. He's very aware of the mistakes he makes, so I don't know why anyone's refuting what the guy himself has pointed out. He attempts these vocal acrobatics and wobbles all the way up and down to the high notes, but because he hits them, people just disregard the other mistakes because he hits the high note and that impresses people. That's great, but I'm within my rights to criticise his vocal mistakes because it's (supposed to be) a singing show and I want to be impressed and see the formation of a fully fledged popstar. For me, we saw that with Little Mix last year, it was exciting to watch. This year, I don't see it in any of the contestants, not even a little bit. It doesn't matter how great a singer you may or may not be, you need to have that 'x' factor that makes you better than everyone else, and I think the show is pushing Jahmene to be that person because it's a better alternative than Chris Maloney, whom they are sabotaging for that precise reason. They don't want to be tied into a recording contract with Christopher who they can't market to little kids, their target demographic. It's just good business sense. They're more likely to be able to do that with Jahmene because of his age, but it's a lost cause like Joe McElderry, his is a voice which belongs on a stage but not in the pop charts. Matt Cardle did a much better job of hitting high notes than Jahmene ever has with far greater power and skill, with just as much passion and intensity and whatever other words you wish to use to describe singing. I didn't like Matt either. He was impressive, but he wasn't a pop star. That's what the X Factor should be about - creating a pop star.

James Arthur and Union J are a lost cause because they've been in the bottom two, as far as winning goes, hence the disparaging articles about Chris and the constant arse licking of Jahmene even when he's not as fantastic as they make him out to be. What other alternative do the show bosses have? You're crazy if you don't think the X Factor uses and abuses the media at its discretion! They manipulate it as much as possible without actually cheating to get the result they want. They absolutely do not want Chris to win so they're backing the only other horse in the race, Jahmene. They thought they were fine before because Ella and James looked like the other favourites, but when that bottom two happened, it changed everything. Notice the timing of these stories about Christopher. Why didn't these serious allegations appear until after Ella had gone home? They are scared he's going to win. I hope he does. It'll serve them right for trying to mess with the public.
Old 30-11-2012, 04:09 PM #19
for those who've fallen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Hazel
BB13: Deana
for those who've fallen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Hazel
BB13: Deana

I think James still has a chance, I wouldn't count him out

-this was in response to part of zee's post

And he sounds awful in that video, like every performance he's done bar his audition

Last edited by Apple202; 30-11-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Apple202 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 10:31 PM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

ZEE Said:
Quote:
It doesn't matter how great a singer you may or may not be, you need to have that 'x' factor that makes you better than everyone else, and I think the show is pushing Jahmene to be that person because it's a better alternative than Chris Maloney, whom they are sabotaging for that precise reason. They don't want to be tied into a recording contract with Christopher who they can't market to little kids, their target demographic. It's just good business sense.
Ha ha I'm back.
I like reading what you have to say and although I'd don't agree with most of it - you are always interesting and articulate.

You can’t ‘push’ a person to have the X Factor – they either have it or they don’t. You say you don’t think Jahmene has anything going for him and even his vocal ability isn’t that great so why then do you insist he is the X Factors big guns chosen one? If they are sabotaging Chris because he hasn’t been in the bottom 2, they could do the same with jahmene. If he hits wrong notes all over the place and screeches like Johnny Robinson as you insist he does why would they even want him to win? Why wouldn't they criticize him and use that to sabotage him to make sure Union J or James wins?
They seem a better bet for chart success anyway. Jahmene is cute, but he isn’t the sort of boy young girls really go for – Union J fits the bill here according to your reasoning. Do you really think their ‘target audience of young girls’ are going to be swooning over Jahmene and buying his records in their thousands/millions? Really? Pop music isn't his forte.

I believe they simply hear what I hear and what many viewers hear and think he’s a great singer who isn’t the usual pop act the show churns out but has a future selling albums to a niche audience. Even I suspect that Jahmene isn’t going to be setting the current charts alight for the next 5 years. That is where we differ in our opinions. When I watch the X Factor I’m not looking for a fluffy pop act like Little Mix. I do enjoy them and I love many different types of music and I find the show entertaining but ultimately I’m hoping for someone with a VOICE – a person who makes my spine tingle and who has depth and a long time career that doesn’t rely on getting into the Top 20 to be seen as ‘successful’.

Leona Lewis will be around long after Little Mix and Cheryl Cole have called it a day. Can you see them making pop records in 10 years time? Leona could well still be around, Joe McElderry even could still be around, Jahmene could still be around because they have a VOICE and that is their strength. They could be selling albums pretty steadily for a long time to come because they are unique AND have good voices and don't rely on the fleeting whims of teenyboppers.
They won’t be making their label a fortune, but how many do these days? Joe was dropped by the label, so they aren’t ‘stuck’ with any winner long term but another label snapped him up and he has a good fan base of ‘older fans’ who love his voice.

The X factor ideally want to discover acts who will make them a lot of money short term in an industry that is fickle and ever changing. It’s not a disaster if their fav doesn’t win -– they make their bucks anyway. One Direction, Olly Murs, JLS didn’t win but they are more successful than the winners apart from Leona and to a lesser extent Alexandra. Cher Lloyd, Rebecca Ferguson, Misha B, Amelia Lily didn’t win but are doing well.
For those reasons I never stress over who actually wins.

They didn’t set out to destroy the reputation of anyone before regardless of who they wanted as their winner. Every business uses the press but to say that X Factor bosses seek out people and pay them dirty money to deliberately bring down the reputation of decent people just because they want a particular winner is just too farfetched. If Chris wins and they want rid of him they will have him release an album and if it doesn't do well they can get shot of him like they did with Joe. If he won't go quietly they can do like they did with Shayne Ward and keep putting off working on his next release until everyone forgets about him anyway.

I don't believe it matters so much to them who the winner is that they are willing to destroy someone’s reputation and possible future employment prospects.

Last edited by jet; 30-11-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:27 PM #21
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
You can’t ‘push’ a person to have the X Factor – they either have it or they don’t. You say you don’t think Jahmene has anything going for him and even his vocal ability isn’t that great so why then do you insist he is the X Factors big guns chosen one? If they are sabotaging Chris because he hasn’t been in the bottom 2, they could do the same with jahmene. If he hits wrong notes all over the place and screeches like Johnny Robinson as you insist he does why would they even want him to win? Why wouldn't they criticize him and use that to sabotage him to make sure Union J or James wins?
They seem a better bet for chart success anyway. Jahmene is cute, but he isn’t the sort of boy young girls really go for – Union J fits the bill here according to your reasoning. Do you really think their ‘target audience of young girls’ are going to be swooning over Jahmene and buying his records in their thousands/millions? Really? Pop music isn't his forte.

I believe they simply hear what I hear and what many viewers hear and think he’s a great singer who isn’t the usual pop act the show churns out but has a future selling albums to a niche audience. Even I suspect that Jahmene isn’t going to be setting the current charts alight for the next 5 years. That is where we differ in our opinions. When I watch the X Factor I’m not looking for a fluffy pop act like Little Mix. I do enjoy them and I love many different types of music and I find the show entertaining but ultimately I’m hoping for someone with a VOICE – a person who makes my spine tingle and who has depth and a long time career that doesn’t rely on getting into the Top 20 to be seen as ‘successful’.

Leona Lewis will be around long after Little Mix and Cheryl Cole have called it a day. Can you see them making pop records in 10 years time? Leona could well still be around, Joe McElderry even could still be around, Jahmene could still be around because they have a VOICE and that is their strength. They could be selling albums pretty steadily for a long time to come because they are unique AND have good voices and don't rely on the fleeting whims of teenyboppers.
They won’t be making their label a fortune, but how many do these days? Joe was dropped by the label, so they aren’t ‘stuck’ with any winner long term but another label snapped him up and he has a good fan base of ‘older fans’ who love his voice.

The X factor ideally want to discover acts who will make them a lot of money short term in an industry that is fickle and ever changing. It’s not a disaster if their fav doesn’t win -– they make their bucks anyway. One Direction, Olly Murs, JLS didn’t win but they are more successful than the winners apart from Leona and to a lesser extent Alexandra. Cher Lloyd, Rebecca Ferguson, Misha B, Amelia Lily didn’t win but are doing well.
For those reasons I never stress over who actually wins.

They didn’t set out to destroy the reputation of anyone before regardless of who they wanted as their winner. Every business uses the press but to say that X Factor bosses seek out people and pay them dirty money to deliberately bring down the reputation of decent people just because they want a particular winner is just too farfetched. If Chris wins and they want rid of him they will have him release an album and if it doesn't do well they can get shot of him like they did with Joe. If he won't go quietly they can do like they did with Shayne Ward and keep putting off working on his next release until everyone forgets about him anyway.

I don't believe it matters so much to them who the winner is that they are willing to destroy someone’s reputation and possible future employment prospects.
You're right, you can't push a person into having something if they don't have it, but they pick 12 contestants every year and they have to make do with what they are left with towards the end. He is their chosen one because he and Chris are the only two who have yet to be in the bottom two and, as I said, they don't want to be tied into a record deal with Chris because they're not going to be able to make him appeal to the target demographic. Jahmene is the more likely of the two to be able to do that. Yeah, for them in an ideal world, Union J would be that act who would take on that mantle, but they've been in the bottom two a few times so their popularity isn't going to tide them over to a victory. They're not going to sabotage Jahmene because he's getting the votes that Union J and James Arthur are not. By the half way point, the only acts getting criticism were Chris, Rylan and District 3. Chris because they don't want him to win, Rylan because he's the joke act and District 3 because they didn't want the boy band vote to be split and they evidently had less support by virtue of being in the bottom two so early on against Melanie. It's called cutting your losses.

They aren't going to be swooning over him, that's my point, but he's more marketable than Chris - even though he isn't all that marketable as a pop star anyway. This is my point, we're splitting hairs over the same thing - they want Jahmene to win because they can do more with him than they can with Chris. Jahmene is going to flop, just like Joe McElderry, because his voice and personality do not belong in pop music. The sad truth is that success IS measured against chart positions. No one is going to fund someone who doesn't sell well - and selling well reflects in chart positions. This goes back to my point about Leona Lewis. She's struggling to sell albums and singles, and even she's turned to a dance sound to try and shift some copies. It has very little to do with vocal ability, and everything to do with image and overall performance skills. Being able to sing well might have cut it twenty years ago but pop music is so competitive nowadays, you need to bring more to the table. Cheryl Cole has been around for ten years, so I don't even get what that comparison is about - and only time will tell for Little Mix, but they've had two number 1s out of three singles so I foresee a pretty lengthy career for them already. I think you're wrong about the 'voice' artists though. They rely on the teen market just as much as anyone else, because it's the market that buys music the most.

I completely disagree with you. They've had more flop winners than they have successful ones. Not one of their successful winners has been male. They desperately wanted Olly Murs to win because he was lively, had a personality and was a good performer. He's still selling records for that precise reason. They absolutely do not want Chris Maloney, the antithesis of that, to win, because he will go the way of Steve Brookstein, Leon Jackson, Joe McElderry, Matt Cardle et al. At least with Jahmene he's young and cute in a little brother kind of way. They're not just going to accept having a crap winner who they'll never release successful records through if they can do anything about it. Even in the subtle things like revealing the story about Jahmene's dad to evoke sympathy, and drawing attention to the "Chris votes for himself" thing to make him look desperate and ridiculous.

Last edited by Z; 01-12-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
Jahmene, performing, win