Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

International Big Brother Big Brother around the world!

Old 23-01-2002, 12:44 PM #1
Administrator

Administrator

Default Davina in Barbados

There's a double page spread in this week's Now magazine (the one with the Famous Five pop idols on the cover) with some lovely photos of Davina, Matthew and Holly on holiday in Barbados.

The text of the story is as follows:

Davina's back in a bikini five months after giving birth

Davina McCall's found the perfect way to get over her winter blues. Just days ago she was moaning: 'I always feel a bit depressed at the start of the New Year. I get so excited about Christmas and then suddenly it's over. Whatever I do feels like an anticlimax.'

So what better way to get over the inevitable depression that followed the festive season than to head off to the sunshine and a beach holiday in Barbados with husband Pet Rescue presenter Matthew Robertson and five month old daughter Holly? A dip in the Caribbean also provided an opportunity for Davina to put on a bikini and show how well she's got her shape back after Holly's birth in September."

I wonder if Paul and Helen recommended Barbados to Davina?
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2002, 01:09 PM #2

Well I like to think so. Perhaps Davina is really a big obsessive like us too and just decided to pay homage to them all by herself?

Regardless, I'd love to go to Barbados and frolic on the beach. I'm less sure about photos of me in a bikini in Now magazine.
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2002, 02:47 PM #3

I think Davina is looking really great so soon after the birth of Holly Willow. She doesn't agree though - here's what she said in this weeks heat about those photo's:...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I've been papped

Uh-oh. We're on our first family holiday and I've already been snapped by the paps

Hello chaps. As you read this we'll be on our first holiday as a family. It's all very exciting, but the thing I'm most terrified of has already happened.

"Terrified of what?" I hear you cry. Of the sun? No. Of the sea? No. Of the sand? No. I'm petrified of getting papped in my bikini. Now, I do understand that everyone has a job to do, and not all press is bad press. But please folks, be gentle with me - I hope I don't look that bad in the photos - I haven't seen them yet. Because quite honestly, I am Cellulite City from giving birth and I feel like a pregnant beached whale. So naturally I'm ripe for being photogrpahed getting on and off my sunlounger with a massive wedgie, looking like I'm about to eclipse the sun. You may think I'm overreacting - something I have been known to do on occasion. But the only reason I'm petrified is due to my new jelly belly - I mean, if I looked like Geri I'd have no problem with walking round in a thong 24/7.

Knowing my luck Tom and Nicole - oops - Tom and Penelope (doesn't have the same ring to it does it?) will arrive at our hotel at any minute, closely followed by the world's press. Let's just hope now I've been papped once they'll leave me alone.

Anyway, see you in two weeks - next week Brian Dowling will be on this page. Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2002, 12:59 PM #4

It seems Cat Deely had a holiday in Barbados too! Obviously the new holiday destination of choice for the people the papers love taking photos of. I don't remember it being so popular before, or perhaps I'm just sad and only started paying attention because P&H went there.
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2002, 10:31 PM #5

I wish I'd looked as good in a bikini as Davina a few months after having my son. I'm still trying to get my tummy flat and my son's 13 next month!!
susieq is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
barbados, davina