Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB11 Celebrity Big Brother 11 on Channel 5, shown January 2013. Discuss here.

Old 24-01-2013, 10:16 AM #1
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
Default Ch5 selective edits

Over the last few days stories keep coming out about things not being shown. Several evicted HM,s have innocently said things like didnt you show this and that and this and that isnt true. In all fainess It is hard to make a 1 hr program fair in the face of so much going on, but CH5 seem to be splitting their edits between their chosen one Rylan and the 2 septic tanks.

I havent heard or seen much from Razor or even Claire apart from the crying thing. Ch5 seem to be aiming their finals night to get Rylan and Speidi into the final 2. If Speidi are evicted first, the final will flop and become predicitive, hence their edits are elevating these 2 dorks into a false position so CH5 can justify the big pay packet and their methodology behind this years really biased storylines never seen before on CBB.

Now we all know why the house was full of celebs that were pretty much dour and uninteresting and to a degree not very interesting or even popular and probably cheap to get. Ch5 knew from the get go that this was a Speidi verses the rest type of show and to a degree they didnt disappoint but unfortunately the slant they put on the show backfired and made for uncomfortable viewing this year and has changed the dynamics for future programs.

Imagine what the normal bb will be like now, some idiots picked will try to emulate the Pratts and CH5 are offering future contestants a green card to make the show about gameplaying which was the only thing that set us aside from other couyntries that applaud violence and nastiness. Personally I find it disturbing, but what makes the viewer figures is probably this type of show so we choose to watch or not.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 10:18 AM #2
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Unfortunately they've always manipulated things like this, which is why Live Feed is such a big loss imo

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 10:22 AM #3
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A

Rylan hardly featured in last nights highlights, it was all Spiedi ,they can shove them down our necks as much as they like, it wont work ,even Emma had changed her tack on them again last night, she was gushing ,when the night before she hated them ,this deal they have struck with producers wont work, the public are not fools
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 10:23 AM #4
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

C5 are taking it to new heights even though the show has always had an element of manipulation. Trish, Gillian, Lacey and Frankie have all made comments about incidents that no one seemed to know anything about. Given this its totally out of order to label certain HM's 'boring' or to say a certain HM has 'saved the show' or 'made it watchable' cuz its clear theres alot that we aren't seeing.

I also think its was very disrespectful to read out that list of boring things the HM's have done. I dont need 24hr of arguments every day to find BB entertaining.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 10:30 AM #5
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
C5 are taking it to new heights even though the show has always had an element of manipulation. Trish, Gillian, Lacey and Frankie have all made comments about incidents that no one seemed to know anything about. Given this its totally out of order to label certain HM's 'boring' or to say a certain HM has 'saved the show' or 'made it watcIhable' cuz its clear theres alot that we aren't seeing.

I also think its was very disrespectful to read out that list of boring things the HM's have done. I dont need 24hr of arguments every day to find BB entertaining.
I must have missed this list of things Tricia, Gillian and Frankie did what were they?

They should be more annoyed that Rylan got all the tasks than moaning about Spiedi bringing down the mood of the house, half the time Spiedi aren't even in the same room as them.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 10:31 AM #6
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Rylan hardly featured in last nights highlights, it was all Spiedi ,they can shove them down our necks as much as they like, it wont work ,even Emma had changed her tack on them again last night, she was gushing ,when the night before she hated them ,this deal they have struck with producers wont work, the public are not fools
Chuff i agree with your sentiments about us not being gulible but remember this, there are always a few radicals out there looking for things to hang their hats on and it dosent take much to fire them up and get a few votes in the bin. I predicted 4th or 5th for Speidi which would have been a great result but CH5 manipulations with edits and things might get them closer to the winning line like people from the past that had no right to be voted for.

It is no longer a program that offers us the right to choose based on facts and actions in evidence, its now about who and what ch5 want us to see and without the live feed, we are being asked to swallow their shallow and biased editing.
Old 24-01-2013, 10:34 AM #7

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB16: Nick

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB16: Nick

I doubt the rest of the house has been that boring. C5 have just edited it in a way to make it look like that. All the little things housemates have said when they have been evicted is interesting, because it certainly shows the producers are favoriting Spedi and Rylan more, then not including anything interesting from the other housemates as they believe constant shouting and conflict = entertainment. Which in some ways it does, but I would have liked to have seen these things evicted housemates have said that have happened in there.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is the main reason for no live feed. It allows C5 to make the show be seen in whatever way they like. No one can argue that this or that happened apart from evicted housemates, the public can only believe what they see.
Jamesy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 10:36 AM #8
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Chuff i agree with your sentiments about us not being gulible but remember this, there are always a few radicals out there looking for things to hang their hats on and it dosent take much to fire them up and get a few votes in the bin. I predicted 4th or 5th for Speidi which would have been a great result but CH5 manipulations with edits and things might get them closer to the winning line like people from the past that had no right to be voted for.

It is no longer a program that offers us the right to choose based on facts and actions in evidence, its now about who and what ch5 want us to see and without the live feed, we are being asked to swallow their shallow and biased editing.

It's always been the same programme on C5. um and are you saying Ryzor have not been selectively edited, but as the good guys obvs?
Old 24-01-2013, 10:37 AM #9
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I must have missed this list of things Tricia, Gillian and Frankie did what were they?

They should be more annoyed that Rylan got all the tasks than moaning about Spiedi bringing down the mood of the house, half the time Spiedi aren't even in the same room as them.
Watch the interviews on BOTs a 2nd time for all of them. They say something like 'Did you see that time' or 'Did you show that time' then dont finish the story cuz no one knows what they're talking about. Trish was telling a sotry last night about how she was about to lose it with Speidi and I for one had no idea what time she was taking about. All I saw of Trisha was her sitting on the sofa doing nothing. Trisha also seemed genuinely surprised when it was hinted that she was a bit boring in there.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis

Last edited by GiRTh; 24-01-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 24-01-2013, 10:44 AM #10
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Watch the interviews on BOTs a 2nd time for all of them. They say something like 'Did you see that time' or 'Did you show that time' then dont finish the story cuz no one knows what they're talking about. Trish was telling a sotry last night about how she was about to lose it with Speidi and I for one had no idea what time she was taking about. All I saw of Trisha was her sitting on the sofa doing nothing. Trisha also seemed genuinely surprised when it was hinted that she was a bit boring in there.

We did see the story that Trisha talked about she took Speidis letter and put it under the bedroom door, and we then saw Rylan with his arms around her talking her out of having it out with them.

These people can't have it both ways, they said Spiedi spent alot of time sleeping surely that was their time to shine!

Last edited by Cherie; 24-01-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 24-01-2013, 10:50 AM #11

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

tldr
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 10:53 AM #12
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
We did see where the story that Trisha talked about she took Speidis letter and put it under the bedroom door, and we then saw Rylan with his arms around her talking her out of having it out with them.

These people can't have it both ways, they said Spiedi spent alot of time sleeping surely that was their time to shine!
But dont you find it interesting that every evicted HM talks about incidents that we havent seen? If it was just one or two then fine but not everyone.

Quote:
Old 24-01-2013, 10:53 AM #13
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
We did see where the story that Trisha talked about she took Speidis letter and put it under the bedroom door, and we then saw Rylan with his arms around her talking her out of having it out with them.

Cherie your undying passion to champion Speidi is at best admirable but at worst bordering on an obsession, which leaves me wondering how someone as intelligent and level headed as you, have failed to notice the nastiness these 2 fools dish out at every chance. Their exploits are so far removed from gameplaying that it beggars beleif. They are there for one thing and one thing only, to promote their brand Speidi known as the 2 nastiest people on the planet and not to win a game that gives them no extra money.

Winning isnt in their though pattern, being recognised and gaining fame is. They know they cant win and are not trying to win either, they are just trying to screw with peoples minds and get airtime and a name as the bad guys.
Old 24-01-2013, 10:55 AM #14

Quote:
She also said when she did go to have it out with Speidi the door was locked, BB must have locked it because the housemates cant.
Brian always says that if you do nothing then BB will pick the parts that involve housemates who are doing something but after what has been said & when you watch some of their best bits you see things that have not been shown.
Yes they have to dilute to an hour for the viewers but BB knew the viewers thought Trisha was boring & she wasn't standing up to Speidi, so why wasnt it shown when she tried?

Last edited by Ellen; 24-01-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Ellen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 11:07 AM #15
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
But dont you find it interesting that every evicted HM talks about incidents that we havent seen? If it was just one or two then fine but not everyone.
Of course we all acknowledge there is stuff that goes on that remains unseen, to be fair as I have said before the amount of tasks Rylan has been given has been nothing short of shameful, would you agree? The evicted housemates are all cited Spiedi as the ones who stopped them shining I disagree.
Old 24-01-2013, 11:08 AM #16
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
She also said when she did go to have it out with Speidi the door was locked, BB must have locked it because the housemates cant.
Brian always says that if you do nothing then BB will pick the parts that involve housemates who are doing something but after what has been said & when you watch some of their best bits you see things that have not been shown.
Yes they have to dilute to an hour for the viewers but BB knew the viewers thought Trisha was boring & she wasn't standing up to Speidi, so why wasnt it shown when she tried?
she was talked out of it by Rylan, he wanted the glory, she's been played but she's blaming Spiedi..
Old 24-01-2013, 11:10 AM #17

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Over the last few days stories keep coming out about things not being shown. Several evicted HM,s have innocently said things like didnt you show this and that and this and that isnt true. In all fainess It is hard to make a 1 hr program fair in the face of so much going on, but CH5 seem to be splitting their edits between their chosen one Rylan and the 2 septic tanks.

I havent heard or seen much from Razor or even Claire apart from the crying thing. Ch5 seem to be aiming their finals night to get Rylan and Speidi into the final 2. If Speidi are evicted first, the final will flop and become predicitive, hence their edits are elevating these 2 dorks into a false position so CH5 can justify the big pay packet and their methodology behind this years really biased storylines never seen before on CBB.

Now we all know why the house was full of celebs that were pretty much dour and uninteresting and to a degree not very interesting or even popular and probably cheap to get. Ch5 knew from the get go that this was a Speidi verses the rest type of show and to a degree they didnt disappoint but unfortunately the slant they put on the show backfired and made for uncomfortable viewing this year and has changed the dynamics for future programs.

Imagine what the normal bb will be like now, some idiots picked will try to emulate the Pratts and CH5 are offering future contestants a green card to make the show about gameplaying which was the only thing that set us aside from other couyntries that applaud violence and nastiness. Personally I find it disturbing, but what makes the viewer figures is probably this type of show so we choose to watch or not.
I noticed on BBBOTS last night sampvt,Trisha seemed very surprised when Emma said they hadn't done anything,the look of shock said it all really,so as much as people pontificate that the other housemates are boring,I dont see that at all,I just think we havent been shown or as Frankie said they were "treading on eggshells",even Gillian was surprised some stuff hadn't been shown.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 11:10 AM #18
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Cherie your undying passion to champion Speidi is at best admirable but at worst bordering on an obsession, which leaves me wondering how someone as intelligent and level headed as you, have failed to notice the nastiness these 2 fools dish out at every chance. Their exploits are so far removed from gameplaying that it beggars beleif. They are there for one thing and one thing only, to promote their brand Speidi known as the 2 nastiest people on the planet and not to win a game that gives them no extra money.

Winning isnt in their though pattern, being recognised and gaining fame is. They know they cant win and are not trying to win either, they are just trying to screw with peoples minds and get airtime and a name as the bad guys.
Obsessive? I'm not the one starting all the spiedi hate threads. Look Sam give it up, its a game show its really not worth getting annoyed about it.
Old 24-01-2013, 11:12 AM #19
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
I noticed on BBBOTS last night sampvt,Trisha seemed very surprised when Emma said they hadn't done anything,the look of shock said it all really,so as much as people pontificate that the other housemates are boring,I dont see that at all,I just think we havent been shown or as Frankie said they were "treading on eggshells",even Gillian was surprised some stuff hadn't been shown.
That's why Gillian dropped Rylan right it in on the Wright show annoyed at how the show has revolved around him.
Old 24-01-2013, 11:15 AM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Exactly Kazanne
Ellen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 11:31 AM #21
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dagger View Post
tldr
Enlighten me please, what does tldr mean. Im not being funny, it isnt in my list of words or phrases known.
Old 24-01-2013, 02:05 PM #22
The Dude

The Dude

Quote:
Enlighten me please, what does tldr mean. Im not being funny, it isnt in my list of words or phrases known.
Why not Google it.

BoratKitty will never stop dancing
MaDdOctoR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 02:10 PM #23

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
I doubt the rest of the house has been that boring. C5 have just edited it in a way to make it look like that. All the little things housemates have said when they have been evicted is interesting, because it certainly shows the producers are favoriting Spedi and Rylan more, then not including anything interesting from the other housemates as they believe constant shouting and conflict = entertainment. Which in some ways it does, but I would have liked to have seen these things evicted housemates have said that have happened in there.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is the main reason for no live feed. It allows C5 to make the show be seen in whatever way they like. No one can argue that this or that happened apart from evicted housemates, the public can only believe what they see.
Agreed

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 02:10 PM #24
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Think it is short for 'Too long, didn't read'.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
channel 5, edits, selective