Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB11 Celebrity Big Brother 11 on Channel 5, shown January 2013. Discuss here.

Old 23-01-2013, 11:05 AM #1
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
Default Speidi the brand

Spencer has no visible skills which would aford him the luxury of making a living as an artisan or technical person so he must do what he can to make a living. Years ago he found that his popularity as a panto villian propelled him into a world of fame and fortune so he has developed skills most of us find repulsive but skills that producers of reality programs are willing to pay heavy for.

He found the right partner, a young girl who has very little self confidence and he has, over the years, managed to control her and turn her into a trophy that he hangs on his arm and flaunts as if she is in awe of him. He then set about developing a lifestyle that makes sure he and her, are noticed and the brand name Speidi was born.

This year he was contracted by BB and paid a lot of money to juice up a show that was flagging and he hasnt disappointed. He has ripped the rule book up and laid down precences that will filter through and change the way we view the show in the future. It isnt very much unlike what Aaron did, the only thing was that Aaron was clever and articulate and he didnt use violence or nastiness. Jade goody had the first pop at the shows fundamentals and in short all 3 of these game players have brought a different way of thinking and a different game playing ethos to the show.

Speidi have taken this disruptive type of behavious to a different level and it has crossed the line for me but obviously it appeals to another type of viewer. The brand known as Speidi have done a great job within the confines of their own thought pattern and have certainly spiced things up but in doing so have made the other HM,s irrelevant in their game. Had they have been put into a normal general public BB, The outcome would have been different as someone would have probably have been evicted for violence and maybe Speidi would have walked, but in this series, these other HM,s have carreers to protect and they are guarded. Hence they have become, in many peoples eyes, boring.

The brand known as Speidi are a byproduct of one young mans imagination and he has very cleverly manipulated the public into paying for his skills and he should not be blamed for what he has designed, he should be applauded but the wrap comes down to preference. Do we like this type of entertainment (if you can call it that) or do we like to see celebs amking fools of themselves which is the old BB way. I dont like or agree with the Speidi philosophy, so i tend to poo poo all their actions. Sad thing is that in order to like the brand, you must also like the people. I dont, so I think BB were wrong to bring them in and I surely think they have shot themselves in the foot, but with the flagging viewing stats, they probably thought they had no option.

If they were handled correctly and forced to do the tasks and were punished more, this series could have been brilliant, but they allowed these petulant and very nasty people to run the show which ruined it for me. The only thing left for me to add is that Speidi themselves have over stepped the mark and turned themselves into a monster that they wont be able to get away from. They will always be the bad guys and in the fullness of time, they will see that Brands have a short shelf life if not promoted properly, I just think his ego has got in the way of his job, as he puts it, and he has sadly got his aspirations mixed up with his capabilities and he is heading for a meltdown.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 11:31 AM #2

I agree that BB have allowed them to run the show, BB have pandered to them. No one should be bigger than BB.
Like the op says, they live their lives like the scripted reality show that they appeared in.
I think Spencer is not far away from a straight jacket & a padded cell if he continues in the way he is doing.
They both need therapy & lots of it!
Ellen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 12:05 PM #3
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
I agree that BB have allowed them to run the show, BB have pandered to them. No one should be bigger than BB.
Like the op says, they live their lives like the scripted reality show that they appeared in.
I think Spencer is not far away from a straight jacket & a padded cell if he continues in the way he is doing.
They both need therapy & lots of it!
The next few days will be interesting. Speidi know they cant win so they will try to turn on the charm, probably brought upon by their bed puishment. We will now see the big push for the sympathy and fun vote so expect everyone to act like dorks for the votes especially Rylan and maybe Trisha.
Old 23-01-2013, 12:18 PM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
The next few days will be interesting. Speidi know they cant win so they will try to turn on the charm, probably brought upon by their bed puishment. We will now see the big push for the sympathy and fun vote so expect everyone to act like dorks for the votes especially Rylan and maybe Trisha.
Yep its already started with Speidi, i would put Frankie up there has well, he has done very little the whole time.
Ellen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 12:20 PM #5
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A

User banned

Favourites (more):

The Speidi brand if ever it existed is now gone ,they are unwanted and un-employable in US ,so they thought they would try their luck here, but that has failed too ,they are too evil to make anything over here ,we are not as fickle as the Yanks
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 12:23 PM #6

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash

Favourites (more):

'evil' pmsl.

Yeah I thought they were the next Fred and Rose West myself.
Black Dagger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 12:24 PM #7
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
The Speidi brand if ever it existed is now gone ,they are unwanted and un-employable in US ,so they thought they would try their luck here, but that has failed too ,they are too evil to make anything over here ,we are not as fickle as the Yanks
I think you have something there Chuff, but it will be interesting to see their reactions when they come out. I think they will err on the side of caution and come out all smiles and say they were only playing the game but they are not really like that in real life. Some Z lister mags might pay them for some interviews or maybe they will get a few interviews on loose women and the like, but as you say, they have ruined the brand name with OTT reactions and his ego to be an all conquering contoller of both women and fame.

Where will BB go next, I wonder if they might get the ripper an early release to appear next year.

Last edited by sampvt; 23-01-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 23-01-2013, 12:25 PM #8
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

I usually hate reality tv couples, but i love Heidi and Spencer. They're so funny and entertaining. I find them fascinating.
Old 23-01-2013, 12:26 PM #9
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
I usually hate reality tv couples, but i love Heidi and Spencer. They're so funny and entertaining. I find them fascinating.
Everyone loves a trier eh. The have more chance of knitting fog than winning this show. I predicted 4th or 5th but even that might get worse.

Facinating and entertaining are misused words. Interesting and pityful are better explanations.

Last edited by sampvt; 23-01-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 23-01-2013, 12:28 PM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

It's not hard to predict they'll come 4th/5th I think even their fans expect the moronic public to do the usually and vote for the likes of Tricia, Frankie, Razor and Claire over them.
Old 23-01-2013, 12:30 PM #11
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
channel 5 will give them some work, some pointless show like the one that Paddy and Bercow did about the gypsy's.

It's probably in their contract that they get their own show.

Last edited by Alf; 23-01-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 12:31 PM #12
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Everyone loves a trier eh. The have more chance of knitting fog than winning this show. I predicted 4th or 5th but even that might get worse.

Facinating and entertaining are misused words. Interesting and pityful are better explanations.
The show has done everything they can to discredit them. They pulled that silly fake interview stunt and the Daily Star has painted them as gun nuts. But they're very strong and i really admire that. They won't be broken.
Old 23-01-2013, 12:34 PM #13
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dagger View Post
It's not hard to predict they'll come 4th/5th I think even their fans expect the moronic public to do the usually and vote for the likes of Tricia, Frankie, Razor and Claire over them.
As usual you dont read too good. I predicted they would finish 4th or 5th in the first week my little friend. I didnt alight on that prediction this week. You thought they were worthy winners back then, were are your thoughts and predictions now.......This will be good......
Old 23-01-2013, 12:36 PM #14

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
As usual you dont read too good. I predicted they would finish 4th or 5th in the first week my little friend. I didnt alight on that prediction this week. You thought they were worthy winners back then, were are your thoughts and predictions now.......This will be good......
They would still be better winners than the rest of em, the rest are ****ing garbage house-mates, but I think they'll come 3rd
Old 23-01-2013, 12:51 PM #15
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
They would still be better winners than the rest of em, the rest are ****ing garbage house-mates, but I think they'll come 3rd
Have you ever read the book ''The world according to garp'' try it. Your life might make sence then. (this is not an insult, its an educated suggestion)
Old 23-01-2013, 01:15 PM #16

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Have you ever read the book ''The world according to garp'' try it. Your life might make sence then. (this is not an insult, its an educated suggestion)
No I haven't read it, might take you up on the offer though, might not be clever enough to read it though xo
Old 23-01-2013, 01:18 PM #17
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I think you have something there Chuff, but it will be interesting to see their reactions when they come out. I think they will err on the side of caution and come out all smiles and say they were only playing the game but they are not really like that in real life. Some Z lister mags might pay them for some interviews or maybe they will get a few interviews on loose women and the like, but as you say, they have ruined the brand name with OTT reactions and his ego to be an all conquering contoller of both women and fame.

Where will BB go next, I wonder if they might get the ripper an early release to appear next year.
It wont wash here,we are no mugs ,we are not fickle,we live in the real world
Old 23-01-2013, 01:21 PM #18
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
It's hardly Mystic Meg when it comes to predicting especially when it comes to Americans, having said that I'm pretty sure they slipped down to 8th a few days ago, they have risen though the rankings again.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 01:33 PM #19

theres no "speidi brand" they are largely forgotten in the us, the hills ended years ago, reality stars have a short shelf life anyway, theyre mainly known in the rags tmz etc. i think they came to uk for the cash and theyll split as soon as its over. i doubt theyre counting on any show/press after the show ends. i like what they bring to the show and the drama they caused (there and even more here (-: reading sampvt and chuffs rants are a good laugh every day) , although i agree with sampvt, they shouldve been pressed more to do the tasks, forced them to split up etc. bb did deal with them too gingerly
wendywillow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 01:37 PM #20

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Linda Nolan
CBB 12: Vicky Entwistle

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Linda Nolan
CBB 12: Vicky Entwistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywillow View Post
theres no "speidi brand" they are largely forgotten in the us, the hills ended years ago, reality stars have a short shelf life anyway, theyre mainly known in the rags tmz etc. i think they came to uk for the cash and theyll split as soon as its over. i doubt theyre counting on any show/press after the show ends. i like what they bring to the show and the drama they caused (there and even more here (-: reading sampvt and chuffs rants are a good laugh every day) , although i agree with sampvt, they shouldve been pressed more to do the tasks, forced them to split up etc. bb did deal with them too gingerly
This is a good post and you should feel good!
MachoPoodle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 01:41 PM #21
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywillow View Post
More than pressed to do tasks,they should have been MADE to do tasks as it is in their contract ,and a rule of the show to take part, the first time they refused they should have been made to leave, they have held bb to ransom with the "get our lawyer" ( has he come over with them from USA ? and how do 2 bankrupts afford a lawyer ?) I hope bb have learned a lesson from this carry on ,and lets hope its the last time people from over the pond are invite into Cbb UK
Old 23-01-2013, 01:42 PM #22

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
More than pressed to do tasks,they should have been MADE to do tasks as it is in their contract ,and a rule of the show to take part, the first time they refused they should have been made to leave, they have held bb to ransom with the "get our lawyer" ( has he come over with them from USA ? and how do 2 bankrupts afford a lawyer ?) I hope bb have learned a lesson from this carry on ,and lets hope its the last time people from over the pond are invite into Cbb UK
Yeah, let's not.
Old 23-01-2013, 03:03 PM #23
Holla, Fruit Loop Dingus!

Holla, Fruit Loop Dingus!

Quote:
Yeah, let's not.
x2

i like the fact that you dont have to be from the UK to be on BB over there. i wouldnt mind if that happened from time to time on BBUS.

xenophobia much? lmao. thanks for that.

Last edited by Slevin; 23-01-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Slevin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 03:10 PM #24

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Quote:
2 Americans refuse to do tasks so all Americans are banned cause they might do the same?

Chuff logic
Old 23-01-2013, 03:18 PM #25
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

I get what Chuff means so let me explain.................Nope sorry no can do, I dont seem to be able to find the words to dumm it down to your level, so I will leave it up to the other hundreds of thousands that will explain with their votes. Watch the finals night and see where they come. that might explain what loosers they are and why we over here (with the odd exception) tend to expect morality and fun from our champions.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
brand, speidi