Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 14-02-2015, 11:21 AM #1
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Arrow Dissidia Final Fantasy - Console version confirmed!

Last edited by Scarlett.; 04-02-2017 at 01:43 AM.
Scarlett. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 05:21 PM #2

Favourites:
CBB15: Michelle Visage

Favourites:
CBB15: Michelle Visage

This does look good...
I hope it does come out on consoles...
Old 10-04-2015, 12:41 PM #3
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Today, Square Enix held a special “Closed Conference 2015″ where the developers discussed about the latests “Dissidia Final Fantasy” details. The game is scheduled for arcade release in Fall 2015 and it’s being developed in collaboration between Koei Tecmo Games’ Team Ninja and Square Enix. Another exciting collaboration comes with the arcade hardware where Sony and Square Enix are working together. This means that the developers will be utilizing the power of PlayStation 4 hardware for the development, and the game is running 60 frames per second as well. Does this mean the console release is possibly coming? Yes. When? According to Square Enix, we have to wait at least a year or so after the arcade release.

The third installment in Dissidia series will be featuring new gameplay elements such as a 3 vs. 3 battle system where up to six players can fight against each other at the same time. Since the series is moving away from the handheld consoles, the visuals will be receiving a significant upgrade as well. Earlier this year, the premiere trailer introduces us with returning heroes such as Warrior of Light, Lightning, Cloud Strife, Terra Branford and Onion Knight, but also a new hero from Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn – Y’shtola. The development team didn’t reveal are they planning to bring Final Fantasy XV or Final Fantasy Type-0 HD characters to the game. However, Square Enix is planning to bring more music, characters and stages to the game after the release as patches, and it’s likely that the possible PlayStation 4 release will be “a complete pack” when it releases someday.

(MIDGARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)
Old 13-04-2015, 09:47 AM #4
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Old 13-04-2015, 10:23 AM #5
-

-

I played Dissidia on PSP to death, can't wait for a PS4 version .

I've also always thought, if they made a fully-featured storyline driven RPG with the Dissidia battle system, I would probably dribble in my pants a bit.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-10-2015, 11:51 PM #6
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Old 04-02-2017, 01:44 AM #7
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu features an interview with Dissidia Final Fantasy producer Ichirou Hazama and director Takeo Kujiraoka, who spoke a bit about the console version of the arcade game and why it wasn’t at the Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Opening Ceremony.

Hazama told Famitsu, “If we look at the most recent announcement opportunity, I was on stage at the Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Opening Ceremony. And it [the game] did not appear. In short, we are currently unable to ready anything that has enough value to meet everyone’s expectations. Many users are expecting a story for the console version, which we are of course preparing. However, the focus of the game is battles and that has not changed. We will further enhance other elements as well, which will take a little bit more time.”

Kujiraoka added that since it’s not possible to deliver the game to everyone via the arcade version alone, they’re making preparations for that. He noted that there is incredible enthusiasm in the area of e-Sports overseas, and that there’s a possibility they might move in that direction.

“If we can export it to the world as a high-proficiency, competitive fighting tool, while also an enjoyable team battle Final Fantasy, it might even rise up as an e-Sports event,” Kujiraoka said. “If that happens, then next will be a global tournament, right? I can’t say too much, but I want to use these sorts of ambitions to make Dissidia Final Fantasy an even better game.”

In the interview’s closing message, Hazama mentioned the console version once again, assuring that it won’t impact the arcade version negatively.

“I want to spread the amount of enthusiasm for Dissidia Final Fantasy even more,” Hazama said. “In receiving the opinions of players, I get the feeling that people are becoming gradually more interested in the game, so I want to deliver it to even more people. While we’ll also be talking about the console version in the future, it won’t result in disappointing arcade users, as both can be sufficiently enjoyed. And there won’t be any delay in updates as a result the console version. We’re going to continue running at full speed and are taking on various challenges, so please support us this year as well!”

Elsewhere in the interview, Famitsu brought up the possibility of adapting Team Ninja’s “Soft Engine,” which is used in the Dead or Alive series, since Dissidia Final Fantasy is a Team Ninja-developed game. Hazama wondered if it was necessary with the current character lineup, leading Kujiraoka to jokingly suggest it may be useful for Final Fantasy IX antagonist Kuja’s butt. Both laughed before Hazama suggested that since they have the OK from Team Ninja lead Yosuke Hayashi, they’d use it if a suitable character ever appeared.

Dissidia Final Fantasy is currently available at Japanese arcades. The game itself runs on PlayStation 4 hardware. It currently has 21 playable characters and will continue to add new characters via updates.
Gematsu

Didnt even know they'd confirmed this til now

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
announced, confirmed, console, dissidia, fantasy, final, trailer, version