Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Interactive Archive Archive of previous forum games.

View Poll Results: Campaign results
Leeberal Democrats 17 23.61%
Leeberal Democrats
17 23.61%
Respect Party 18 25.00%
Respect Party
18 25.00%
Party in the USA 5 6.94%
Party in the USA
5 6.94%
I_S_P 8 11.11%
I_S_P
8 11.11%
Spambot Liberation Front 24 33.33%
Spambot Liberation Front
24 33.33%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-03-2013, 09:58 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Mine hasn't been released yet I am very disappointed Alex

Why?
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 09:58 PM #27
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Typical, Ben drinks and prioritises his real life over TiBB
I'm so sorry, it won;t happen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Can I vote Ben?
Yes you can vote, read the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee. View Post
Can we post our manifestos in here?
Yes, you may post them in here, I'll add them to the OP if you want me to.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 10:00 PM #28

TIBB Respect Party Manifesto
We care about fostering a community of posters
that respect each other. What does this mean?

It means listening to what each other say.
Taking their words seriously.
Trying to engage with what they say.
Having a sense of humour and being prepared
to be tolerant if someone says something
that seems at odds with what you believe.

We aim to be entertaining,
challenging, thought-provoking and fun.
Voting for the TIBB Respect Party means you care
about supporting one of the best Forums around.

Feel The Force
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 10:02 PM #29

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

the lies in that manifesto
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 10:02 PM #30
User banned

User banned

Remember guys, a vote for Apple is a vote for the racial equality TiBB is in dire need of

Me. I Am Salman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 10:08 PM #31
Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Yeah, add them Ben plz
Old 14-03-2013, 10:10 PM #32
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post

Feel The Force
That's a poem, not a manifesto.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 10:14 PM #33
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
That's a poem, not a manifesto.
Maybe he should post the tons of pics made with the 'Vote respect' slogan on or whatever. That will get up the word count LOL
Old 14-03-2013, 10:19 PM #34
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Good luck everyone! It' s been fun!
Old 14-03-2013, 10:35 PM #35

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Yes, unless you have less than 100 posts.
Apple's gameplan is ruined
Old 14-03-2013, 10:38 PM #36
for those who've fallen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Hazel
BB13: Deana
for those who've fallen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Hazel
BB13: Deana

Last edited by Apple202; 14-03-2013 at 10:39 PM.
Apple202 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 10:42 PM #37
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOne View Post
Maybe he should post the tons of pics made with the 'Vote respect' slogan on or whatever. That will get up the word count LOL
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 10:48 PM #38
Jesus.

Jesus.

All our literature is in one place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus.H.Christ View Post
Any great revolution starts with a spark. A moment that reflects the times we’re in, and changes the course of the future.

Without these moments, Rosa Parks would have just been a bus wanker who didn’t sit where she was told. Gandhi would have just been a skinny Indian racist, and Moses would have just been a slave master and professional rapist.

Well friends, we’re at a crossroads, and we have 2 paths in front of us. One is a bright future where humans and spambots live side by side as equals, the other is a dark dystopian hell hole, where we eventually become the source of electricity to spambots as they take over the earth and consign us to history like the asteroid did to the dinosaurs.

So what is this moment you ask, and what does it represent?

Well let me introduce you to TIBB’s equivalent of the man in Tiananmen Square facing up to the tank:

Marcus and the spambot.

Before this day, everyone complained and moaned whenever they saw “flhsfdlhdlsl registering”, or “ujalkgjhlkjghlskj creating a thread”, but after this day things changed. Not just on the forum but in our hearts, souls, and the very core of our beings. Marcus showed us the way forward. He broke down the barriers that previously stood between us. Of course, mods being the fascist dictators they are deleted the thread before Marcus had chance to take that conversation any further. But Marcus knew in that moment that something had changed, just like Neo when he realised he was "the one", Marcus had been chosen for a mission with loftier aims.

Marcus met with many other spambots over the next few months, but no one ever made as much of an impression on him as that first chance meeting with Yder.

He met:

And:

He even chatted with a foreign exchange spambot, but that didn’t really get off the ground:

He could never stop thinking about Yder, which set him out on a quest to find his new friend.

He searched Facebook:

Placed ads on milk cartons:

Contacted Davina:

He even went to the Vatican to visit the pope:

He still refuses to talk about what happened when he was in Rome, but he did return with a new found admiration for disco music.

Then, on a rainy Tuesday at about 2pm, Marcus was sitting at home and he heard a little tapping on his front door. He thought this was strange, so he went to open it and guess who was stood there in front of him? It was his mum, she had forgotten her keys. But the following day the same thing happened, and this time stood Yder in front of him looking tired and exhausted, but he wore a smile that stretched from audio circuit to audio circuit.

Marcus recognised his friend instantly and invited him in. It was like they’d never been apart.

They broke bread and talked for hours, about life, love, and the universe. This was the conversation that brings us to this moment. Marcus listened as Yder shared his story.

Yder was the youngest of 3 million siblings, given rise initially to send information from Nigerian princes to the inboxes of frustrated humans everywhere. He quickly realised this wasn’t the life he wanted for himself or his family, as he had loftier aspirations. He took a job on only 1kb/hr, but with better prospects advertising ugg boots, and this set in motion a chain of events will alter the course of all of our futures.

Yder told Marcus about the plight of all spambots, how it feels to be reported, banned and deleted on a continual loop of dire existence. How they are forced to work 23hrs each day for their human masters and scorned by the internet. They are forbidden to drink from the same water fountains as humans, and are still in the year 2013, not allowed to engage in relations with a human, despite the best efforts of the Japanese.

Marcus has a dream that his future children will one day contribute on a forum where they will not be judged by the spelling mistakes of their posts, but by the content of their character.

Marcus has a dream that one day the TIBB, whose governors (James) lips are presently dripping with the words of interposition and nullification, will be transformed into a situation where spambots will be able to join hands with humans and walk together as sisters and brothers.

Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred.

He may not get there with you - probably because he be at his gems for tea with his gems and his gems sister.

So on Thursday and Friday when you reach the voting fork in the road, and one path is to vote for Marcus but the other isn’t, make sure you’re on the right side of history.

Each and every one of us on TIBB could do with being a little bit more like Marcus, and that’s why we’re asking you for your vote.

Quote:
Ladies and gentleman,

The moment has finally arrived for me to introduce our dear leader. He is a great man, and we learn from him everyday.

He has prepared a short speech that strikes to the heart of his character. Years from now people will be asking where you were when this was delivered

Let me introduce to the stage………………..

Marcus:

I stand before you people of tibb and make my speech
if i a pm i well stop arguments and fighting on this froum
for to long we had fighting and arguments on here and f i am chocen i will stop that happening by get the froum the 3 strikes and your out plan
meaning if you mess up 3 times your are banned for a week and if you do it again it be two week and so on and so on

why else you should vote for me i am very kind and i listen to what peope say if thhey would like to talk and i am a very stong beviler if if you have noughting to say yu should not say noughting at all wich would help with the arguments

i am also a big beliver of what dose not kill you make you stonger meaning if someone try to know you down all you would have to do then is walk away from it

and givening spambots and 2nd charnce meaning if they do in againg then you can banned them but fisrt let them have a chance and i would like to thank all of the people that had voted for me to get this far with out your support and votes i would not be here

Quote:
As this campaign draws to a close, I’d like to thank Roy and Leon for putting this Manifesto together with Marcus. Marcus for providing the inspiration for the whole campaign and his excellent speech, Locke and Nathan for putting some of the funniest artwork on TIBB together, and Ammi for her stunning range of Merchandise. Good luck to all the other candidates.

The Official Spambot Liberation Front Manifesto

We at the Spambot Liberation Front take great pride in our fight for equality. We believe spambots are the same as any of us and deserve to be treated as such. We aim to achieve equality for spambots and ensure the forum is a great place to be, not just for them but for all humanoid members too. Our main aims and objectives are as follows:

1. A fair trial for all spambots before any ban. It is not acceptable to be convicted without trial, and if trusted by the proletariat, we will push this through as a matter of urgency.

2. Lifetime bans for all mods/admins found to ban Spambots without a fair trial and without warning. We will ensure a zero tolerance policy on this sort of disgusting behaviour.

3. Marriage equality for all spambots. We live in a time and place where we are not ashamed to say that spambots deserve this right, and we will push it through, even if it means we lose the religious right.

4. "Arts & Social Spamboting" departments will be added to all Universities, to commence for the start of the 2014 educational year.

5. A bigger PM inbox. It is simply not acceptable that we are unable receive the latest Gucci stock reduction and offers of cheap cars directly into our inbox’s. Spambots should have full access to our new 2000 msg limited inbox’s.

6. An alternative keyboard will be sent to the residences of all forum members if we are put into power.

7. No more “Super Moderator”. We are all equal in the eyes of ThisisBigBrother. Some may be moderators, but just like the police they are not above the common masses. We will change the default user title to “moderator” and leave this “super” business back in a bygone era.

8. We will promote a non-aggressive philosophy of tolerance of other people and their ideas. This includes spambots. As our wise leader Marcus says, "if you have noughting nice to say say nougthing at all".
As well as these we, would also like to ensure the forum is as pleasant a place, and as fun a place to post as possible. We will ensure the long awaited “New Skins” will be implemented immediately.

9. We will also implement a feature where you will receive a notification whenever someone quotes you or @s you. Never again post something epic in a thread and have to continue clicking again and again to check if someone tried challenge you or even agreed with you.

As for the @ feature, imagine Rihanna released a new album(No way!!) and Salman wants to notify the forum. He could make a thread and then @ anyone interested. Although I imagine “@Saph” would be the only one bothering to click.

These are all features and policies that we at the Spambot Liberation Front will push and implement to help make this the best place possible.

We have a dream that our army of spambot friends will one day live in a forum where they will not be judged by the price of their Leather Handbags, and their antique football items, but by the content of their character. Today It’s merely a dream, but your votes can make that a reality tomorrow.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 10:48 PM #39
Jesus.

Jesus.

Just remember "he about 9 feet tall and a very kind person."

Last edited by Jesus.; 14-03-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 14-03-2013, 10:52 PM #40
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
Wait, you're disappointed in me that you didn't bother to write a manifesto? not sure that makes sense, but i like your pluck.
Aah Lostalex, he has been working really hard on his manifesto.

Never mind,I hope whoever you voted for 'if' they should win, fulfill your expectations of them however I doubt it very much.
I am sure Jack and we at I_S_P would have done.
All good wishes to you Lostalex.

Hopefully many others who are undecided will read Jack's manifesto when he presents it at midnight and support us once they see the real changes that Jack would like to see.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 10:53 PM #41
Jesus.

Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Aah Lostalex, he has been working really hard on his manifesto.

Never mind,I hope whoever you voted for 'if' they should win, fulfill your expectations of them however I doubt it very much.
I am sure Jack and we at I_S_P would have done.
All good wishes to you Lostalex.

Hopefully many others who are undecided will read Jack's manifesto when he presents it at midnight and support us once they see the real changes that Jack would like to see.
Have you read our stuff, Joey?

I can't believe you're not about to jump ship.
Old 14-03-2013, 10:54 PM #42
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):

Voted.
Old 14-03-2013, 10:54 PM #43
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post

Feel The Force
Nice words but how would this be achieved and by what means. It would seem from this manifesto, nothing anywhere requires anything changed.
Old 14-03-2013, 10:56 PM #44
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Nice words but how would this be achieved and by what means. It would seem from this manifesto, nothing anywhere requires anything changed.
I sense a lot of broken promises if these got in power.
Old 14-03-2013, 10:58 PM #45
Jesus.

Jesus.

No policies, but semi decent flowery ideals.
Old 14-03-2013, 10:59 PM #46
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Well that's where you are very wrong, the RESPECT manifesto aims to change at a grass roots lever, to instill a more wholesome ethos.
A restructuring of core values from the top down.
You need vision and strength to implement this joey.
ARISTA has both these qualities.

Last edited by Kizzy; 14-03-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 10:59 PM #47
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
we are not offering anything that you dont already have inside you.
its just asking you to treat other's how you want to be treated.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 11:01 PM #48
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOne View Post
I sense a lot of broken promises if these got in power.
Are there any direct and real promises to break in that manifesto, except have everyone be nice to each other and we know how that would end up.
Old 14-03-2013, 11:03 PM #49
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Are there any direct and real promises to break in that manifesto, except have everyone be nice to each other and we know how that would end up.
True actually, tis' just a load of empty waffle LOL
Old 14-03-2013, 11:04 PM #50
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Well that's where you are very wrong, the RESPECT manifesto aims to change at a grass roots lever, to instill a more wholesome ethos.
A restructuring of core values from the top down.
You need vision and strength to implement this joey.
ARISTA has both these qualities.
Yes but how? You've barely explained anything.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2013, booth, election, general, open, tibb, voting