Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Chat and Games Looking for forum games, and completely off topic banter - this is your place! (includes Virtual Big Brother type forum games)

Old 18-04-2013, 10:03 PM #1
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Default Rant/Help plz

Okay so i made my thread about being angry and i want to explain why... just to let off some steam...

Basically at work today, one of the girls I worked with said that we can't say no to the children. (Yes... we seriously can't say no...) I heard nothing about this, so i asked the person who is in charge of my room if it was true. She then used this as an example to tell another girl in the room off for using the word no to a child.

Now I'm sure some of you remember my thread about working with a stupid, immature gay girl who can apparently do no wrong... Yeah, the person in charge of my room told this girl off for saying no, which caused her to go over the top ape ****. She then left the room to go outside with the kids, and she then all of a sudden came back like 2 mins later to tell me what to do with the creative activity of the day.

She was bossing me about and being all arsey so I said 'Yes, i know what to do, I have eyes.'

Worst mother****ing mistake of my life...

she stormed out of the room, spoke to the person in charge of my room saying I was giving her attitude and that's why she hates telling people what to do... I was told to apologise to this girl for being rude.

I was literally shaking with rage.

We cant say anything to her if she's not in the right mood. she apparently has asperges/bi-polar/lord knows what else, so we have to basically treat her like a god send.

anyway, i got emotional when the second person in charge of the room stuck up for me saying that I was treated unfairly, and that it was this girl who was always causing problems.

I don't understand how people like her can work with children...

anyway... I wanted to basically ask if it seems like she was definitely in the wrong? cause im thinking about talking to my manager about it.
Old 18-04-2013, 10:05 PM #2

Do you need someone to slap you?

You sound really hysterical.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 10:05 PM #3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

I don't know if this is terribly politically correct... but why is a bipolar Aspergers sufferer working with children?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 10:05 PM #4
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

yes that is exactly what i need, thank you for the helpful reply
Old 18-04-2013, 10:06 PM #5
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I don't know if this is terribly politically correct... but why is a bipolar Aspergers sufferer working with children?
i have no idea.

apparently she's allowed if she's on meds and it's discrimination if we dont hire her
Old 18-04-2013, 10:07 PM #6
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninastar View Post
Okay so i made my thread about being angry and i want to explain why... just to let off some steam...

Basically at work today, one of the girls I worked with said that we can't say no to the children. (Yes... we seriously can't say no...) I heard nothing about this, so i asked the person who is in charge of my room if it was true. She then used this as an example to tell another girl in the room off for using the word no to a child.

Now I'm sure some of you remember my thread about working with a stupid, immature gay girl who can apparently do no wrong... Yeah, the person in charge of my room told this girl off for saying no, which caused her to go over the top ape ****. She then left the room to go outside with the kids, and she then all of a sudden came back like 2 mins later to tell me what to do with the creative activity of the day.

She was bossing me about and being all arsey so I said 'Yes, i know what to do, I have eyes.'

she stormed out of the room, spoke to the person in charge of my room saying I was giving her attitude and that's why she hates telling people what to do... I was told to apologise to this girl for being rude.

We cant say anything to her if she's not in the right mood. she apparently has asperges/bi-polar/lord knows what else, so we have to basically treat her like a god send.

anyway, i got emotional when the second person in charge of the room stuck up for me saying that I was treated unfairly, and that it was this girl who was always causing problems.

anyway... I wanted to basically ask if it seems like she was definitely in the wrong? cause im thinking about talking to my manager about it.
Why the bloody hell is she working with children in the first place if she is bipolar? Thats an accident waiting to happen IMO.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 10:08 PM #7
0_o

0_o

Oh, in the time it took me to try(and fail) to think of a nice way of saying that..someone else already said it
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 18-04-2013, 10:08 PM #8
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):

I'm not sure, it tough because if she has aspergers, I believe she has a real difficult time gauging other people's like intentions socially, if that makes sense.

So I think you could try and defuse the situation and say it was a misunderstanding, like move on and just try avoid her or just be polite if you can't.
Old 18-04-2013, 10:27 PM #9
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

But I want to throw things at her when she acts like that
Old 18-04-2013, 10:31 PM #10
0_o

0_o

Throw something at her and blame one of the kids?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 18-04-2013, 10:33 PM #11
Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Ninastar

Favourites (more):

Or throw a child at her and blame another member of staff...
Old 18-04-2013, 10:35 PM #12

Then go to the manager.

There should be no question about it if she's affecting you and your work this much.

Better than getting sacked for giving the children a bad example.
Old 18-04-2013, 10:35 PM #13

Then go to the manager.

There should be no question about it if she's affecting you and your work this much.

Better than getting sacked for giving the children a bad example.
Old 18-04-2013, 10:36 PM #14
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Throw something at her and blame one of the kids?
Quote:
Or throw a child at her and blame another member of staff...
Old 19-04-2013, 02:06 AM #15
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Surely they should understand that the bipolar girl has mood swings and our of ear-shot tell you not to worry? Seems stupid.

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 03:42 AM #16
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:

...sorry Caitlin, I don't really understand...she was off with you because she was told off for saying no..?...when you say she went OTT in her annoyance, what did she do..?...I think maybe you should speak to the person in charge and explain everything from your point of view and how you felt unfairly spoken to, which caused your response and also say that although you understand she has certain difficulties, you feel that because of those and how she speaks to you, you yourself are being descriminated against...

...in a job situation, it's important that you relay your side of the events, Caitlin..and your employers have to realise that yours wasn't so much an action as a reaction...and if her manner can be rude to you but you're made to feel that she must be treated in a special and sensitive way, regardless of what she says, then you are being descriminated against...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 07:00 AM #17
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:

As other people have said your first point of call here is to go to your Manager, I can understand why you are upset but the chain of events was set off by poor management in the first place. If the nursery implement a rule change such as this they need to relay it directly to all staff, and not expect it to filter through in chinese whispers. Do they have staff meetings where they inform all staff of any changes like this? This is a fairly big change to how you manage the children after all. You say this girl is immature, but if she has some or all the conditions you say she has then she probably does need more time to process things and will react in a different way to most, not sure why she is working with children but she must have some plus points if they employed her?

Last edited by Cherie; 19-04-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
plz, rant or help