Against All Odds

Favourites (more):
BB17: Chelsea
I'maCeleb2015: Jorgie Porter

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Default POLL: Is Ireland The Biggest Sporting Power In The World?

After dishing out ANOTHER humbling to Pakistan in this evenings cricket match I really think we can classify Ireland with the like of the USA and Aus in the sporting powerhouse Category

CRICKET Have humbled Pakistan(handful of times) , Bangladesh (Handful of times) , England (Handful of times) and West Indies to name a few all while have our team depleted every other game by team like England stealing out best players(Morgan , Porterfield ,Joyce etc) cause there own talent is not up to scratch (the case in most sports). The ICC are running scared of the Irish emergence and continue to refuse our entry as a proper test nation because of it

GOLF Harrington , Mclroy and McDowell nuff said

FOOTBALL IN MCGRATH and Roy Keane we have 2 players that would make it into 99% of countries greatest ever teams. In Shay,Dunne,John,Robbie,Duff in there primes we have players that would walk into an England team ranked top 5 in the world LOOOL. We all saw how a YOUNG irish team recently outplayed both Italy and Croatia in the recent euro's

RUGBY UNION In BOD and POC we have 2 players who easily make it into the top 10 greatest players ever. And in Ulster,Leinster and Munster we have 3 of the top 5 club teams in world rugby

Boxing Fury , Floyd and Canelo nuff said

Aussie Rules So dominant in our version of the game in Gaelic we on a yearly basis play against and beat Australia in a hybrid version of the two games

I COULD go into more detail but will leave it at that for now the above speaks for itself

Sig stretching forum, fix it.

Last edited by Tom4784; 23-05-2013 at 11:07 PM. Reason: GRAMMAR
Legend killer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 10:24 PM #2
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend killer View Post
After dishing out ANOTHER humbling to Pakistan in this evenings cricket match I really think we can classify Ireland with the like of the USA and Aus in the sporting powerhouse Category

CRICKET Have humbled Pakistan(handful of times) , Bangladesh (Handful of times) , England (Handful of times) and West Indies to name a few all while have our team depleted every other game by team like England stealing out best players(Morgan , Porterfield ,Joyce etc) cause there own talent is not up to scratch (the case in most sports). The ICC are running scared of the Irish emergence and continue to refuse our entry as a proper test nation because of it

GOLF Harrington , Mclroy and McDowell nuff said

FOOTBALL IN MCGRATH and Roy Keane we have 2 players that would make it into 99% of countries greatest ever teams. In Shay,Dunne,John,Robbie,Duff in there primes we have players that would walk into an England team ranked top 5 in the world LOOOL. We all saw how a YOUNG irish team recently outplayed both Italy and Croatia in the recent euro's

RUGBY UNION In BOD and POC we have 2 players who easily make it into the top 10 greatest players ever. And in Ulster,Leinster and Munster we have 3 of the top 5 club teams in world rugby

Boxing Fury , Floyd and Canelo nuff said

Aussie Rules So dominant in our version of the game in Gaelic we on a yearly basis play against and beat Australia in a hybrid version of the two games

I COULD go into more detail but will leave it at that for now the above speaks for itself
Its an amazing time for irish sport I agree (though your claims about POC and keane are way over-stated), but Id say its also wales who are stealing a march, depsite being half the size of Ireland

Rugby. 6 nations champions yet again, 4 titles in 8 years (3 grand slams) and world cup 4th place. 15 welshmen on the lions trip plus several coaches

Football. 2 teams in the premiership now, winners of calring cup at swansea, newport promoted back to the football league and wrexham winners of the football trophy. also players like bale now valued as the most valuable player in UK and giggs the most successful ever

Boxing. Cleverley undefeated world champ, calzaghe the most successful british fighter of all time, other world champs like gavin rees, maccarinelli etc in recent years

Cycling, nicole cooke world champion

Athletics, dai green 400m hurdles world champion

Darts. mark webster BDO world champion

Paralympics. - 3 gold medal winners, adding to 2 of the most successful paralympians ever, tanni grey with 11 golds and david roberts with 11 golds

Olympics, record 30 welsh olympians including golds for jade jones.

Snooker -6 welsh in the top 40 (wales have won 9 of the world championships in the past 43 years)

Golf- well no one can seem to compete with the irish at present. though england have got a load of superb players....wales has jamie donaldson in the top 40 following from the retirement to the seniors tour of former world number 1, masters champion and winning ryder cup captain ian woosie woosnam

Cricket. Glamorgan were very successful up until the last few years when they spent all their money on building a test venue. wales supplied players to ashes victories such as simon jones, robert croft, geraint jones etc

Not too bad for a tiny nation of just 3 million and not a great economic climate

Last edited by the truth; 23-05-2013 at 10:35 PM.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 10:32 PM #3

That's cute...

Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 11:05 PM #4
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Leon View Post
That's cute...

Nearly as cute as watching Melo and Durant in the playoffs

Last edited by Legend killer; 23-05-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Old 23-05-2013, 11:10 PM #5
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Truth I liked you post but would remove the boxing part. Cleverly IS A BUM who will get that ass tapped when he fights a proper fighter and as for Joe well he is "resume" if you want to call it that is down right embarrassing

INB4 him beating 80 year old Hopkins

Other then that your post is solid

Old 23-05-2013, 11:39 PM #6

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB14: Dexter

Favourites (more):

Are you talking about ROI or Northern Ireland here? in Golf you have Mclroy and Mcdowell who are both Northern Irish, and in Boxing none of those 3 are really legit.. Tyson was born in England and represents both, he lost out of representing England because David Price was preferred and then he tried to represent Ireland and failed as well

And then there is England..

The Greatest all round female athlete in the World without a doubt, destroyed the field at the Olympics and then still won the final event to prove how good she was

The greatest distance runner in the world, destroyed all the African Runners like they were Jobbers

Current Gold medallists and future Cycling Gods ( if they are not already )

TDF and Olympic gold medalist in the same year! that alone tops anything Ireland has ever done in the sporting world, greatest all round cyclist ever without a doubt

France and England still remain the only teams to win both the Rugby and Football World Cups

The darting God and one of the most successful sportsmen ever

^ The Greatest Rower and Sailor the world has ever seen

The great Carl Froch ( who makes Tyson look like a bum )

not to mention we have the current Snooker World Champion, the current Darts World Cup, and in Football the current Champions of Europe for both Cups are English.

In Rugby we recently destroyed Ireland at the Six Nations with Farrell going into GOAT Mode and not to mention before that at the end of last year we beat New Zealand like no body has beat them before in recent years, Dan Carter could only stand in amazement as Farrell kicked everything over. we also have best kicker in the history of the game in Wilko and took out the Aussies in the greatest world cup final ever.

In Golf Ireland could only wish to have someone as amazing as Nick Faldo as as for Cricket well.. remember 2005 and that amazing ashes series where we took on and beat one of the best cricket sides ever? and since then we have pretty much been the best Cricket team, we are above Ireland in the Test, IDO and 20Twenty rankings and in the top 5 in all of them

Sorry about destroying your thread, feel pretty bad now

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."
Novo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 11:41 PM #7
Texas Forever

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

Texas Forever

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

well Novo has cleared that up
Drew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-05-2013, 11:41 PM #8

Time for LK to log out and never post in Sports again

Chat&Games is that way --------------------->

Old 23-05-2013, 11:55 PM #9
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Tyson Fury represents England?????? looooooooooooooooooooooooooool what the **** have you been watching son the guy is a bloody tinker

TYSON Fury has reconfirmed he represents Ireland when he takes to the ring telling the American press this week that the only thing not Irish about him is his accent.

Also

A. You know Bradley Wiggins is a Belgium lad LOOOOL

B. You mention Cricket where your best players are Morgan (Irish) , Pieterson(South Africa , Trott (South African) PMSL

C. You mention Rugby when your best player Tulangi(Samoa)

D. Farah is about as English as

So much fail in one post

Old 23-05-2013, 11:58 PM #10
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

How does it feel knowing your best players in most sports decide to play for you after failing to make it into there team of national birth LOOOOOOL

Old 24-05-2013, 12:09 AM #11
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Morgan in England's top 3 players?? The guy can't play test cricket for sh*t, doubt he'll even play in the Ashes this summer
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 12:09 AM #12

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Tyson Fury has represented England before you bloody idiot.. thought you were suppose to be a big boxing fan and even you didn't know that? you did know he was actually born in England though as well right?

Mo Farah moved to Britain when he was a Child he has every right to represent Britain, he didn't just come over here because he could.. he was trained to be a Champion over here and not Somalia

Wiggo was born in Belgium and has an English mother they moved to London when he wasn't even 2 years old

Manu also moved to England has a kid and choose to represent England over Somoa

Kevin Pietersen - English mother made him available for England and the same as Trott who also has English Blood

Sorry LK you have failed this test

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."
Old 24-05-2013, 12:10 AM #13
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Rugby- I love the way you speak with so much passion about having the best kicker in history yet in POC and BOD you don't have one player in your HISTORY as good as them PMSL!!!!!!!! Please tell me a club team you have as good as Munster.Leinster or Ulster heck even as good as Connacht PMSL

Cricket - Embarrassed you IN A WORLD CUP MATCH and since you have tried/taken to nick the following players from us Morgan , Joyce, Porterfield , Dockerill , KOB PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO ENNIS BETTER THEN KLUFT PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE HAS ONLY WATCHED THE LAST 3 YEARS OR SO

And then you brag about rowing a sport where only the rich and elitist participate in looooool has maybe 7 countries participate in it

Also Mo the greatest distance runner in the world WHAT LOOOOOOL never heard of Kenenisa Bekele I take. Only reason MO won in London is he had just come out of retirement

FACEPALM THE MORE I READ THE MORE CRINGE IT GETS

Old 24-05-2013, 12:12 AM #14
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo View Post
Tyson Fury has represented England before you bloody idiot.. thought you were suppose to be a big boxing fan and even you didn't know that? you did know he was actually born in England though as well right?

Mo Farah moved to Britain when he was a Child he has every right to represent Britain, he didn't just come over here because he could.. he was trained to be a Champion over here and not Somalia

Wiggo was born in Belgium and has an English mother they moved to London when he wasn't even 2 years old

Kevin Pietersen - English mother made him available for England and the same as Trott who also has English Blood

Please tell me some of these ENGLISH SPORTING HEROS THAT WERE ACTUALLY BORN IN ENGLAND LOOOOOOL

Old 24-05-2013, 12:13 AM #15
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Think LK just does a tiny bit of wikipedia research on each individual sport and then makes really bold and outlandish claims on each one to try and pass himself off as an expert
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 12:14 AM #16
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Quote:

He has represented both England and Ireland at amateur level

so what is your point again??????

Old 24-05-2013, 12:14 AM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Think LK just does a tiny bit of wikipedia research on each individual sport and then makes really bold and outlandish claims on each one to try and pass himself off as an expert
I think you have overstated the level of research he does.

Old 24-05-2013, 12:15 AM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Feel sorry educating the poor guy all the time

Old 24-05-2013, 12:16 AM #19
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

The ownage is ****ING STRONG in this thread

Thought he could try and bring out on the race card on Fury then proceeds to list half a dozen ENGLISH HEROS who were not even born in the country and have to go back 50 generations for any blood relative LOOOLL

Old 24-05-2013, 12:18 AM #20

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

It's okay LK we can't all win things on the scale England do but you've always got your Gaylick football to keep you going

Old 24-05-2013, 12:18 AM #21
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

How can you post an essay long reply mocking Ireland and then list 6 SPORTING HEROS not even born in England ISTHISREALLIFE.GIF

Also please tell me more about Farah being better then Bekele????

Old 24-05-2013, 12:19 AM #22
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend killer View Post
The ownage is ****ING STRONG in this thread

Thought he could try and bring out on the race card on Fury then proceeds to list half a dozen ENGLISH HEROS who were not even born in the country and have to go back 50 generations for any blood relative LOOOLL
Quote:
It's okay LK we can't all win things on the scale England do but you've always got your Gaylick football to keep you going
So you reply completely off topic LOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KO ROUND 1 SEND FUKEN EMBARASSING

Old 24-05-2013, 12:20 AM #23
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

How can you post an essay long reply mocking Ireland AND using race card and then list 6 SPORTING HEROS not even born in England ISTHISREALLIFE.GIF

Also please tell me more about Farah being better then Bekele????

STILL WAITING

Old 24-05-2013, 12:23 AM #24

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Are you still going on?

Not born in England no.. but raised trained and made Champions in England Yes.

And Farah is better then Bekele right now, you can't deny that, Mo left him for dead at the Olympics

Old 24-05-2013, 12:28 AM #25
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Are you still going on?

Not born in England no.. but raised trained and made Champions in England Yes.
And Farah is better then Bekele right now, you can't deny that, Mo left him for dead at the Olympics
Trott was born in Cape Town to a South African family of English descent. Educated at Rondebosch Boys' High School and Stellenbosch University, he played for South Africa at both under-15 and under-19 level

This is getting embarrassing please stop

Last edited by Legend killer; 24-05-2013 at 12:30 AM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
biggest, fast, ireland, poll, power, sporting, superpower, world