Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 11-06-2013, 01:42 PM #26

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:

Can someone please show me this contract which stated the civilian series has to be broadcast?

Its the format that's been renewed.

That doesn't mean they have to put a civilian series on they could just run CBB.

I agree with other posters if the regular series stops i would actually turn off Channel 5 altogether.
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:45 PM #27

Favourites (more):
CBB 11: Paula Hamilton
I'm a Celeb 2012: Ashley Roberts

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post
Can someone please show me this contract which stated the civilian series has to be broadcast?

That doesn't mean they have to put a civilian series on they could just run CBB.

I agree with other posters if the regular series stops i would actually turn off Channel 5 altogether.
Well obviously nobody has seen the contract .

But wouldn't common sense dictate that this said contract would specifically state what must run during the year?

I highly doubt the contract is going to state the format has been renewed, so channel 5, do whatever the hell you like as long as we get three runs out of you?

I'm pretty sure the contract will specifically say that the normal BB series must run next year, along with two CBB's.

Luke A knows **** all..
ThisIsNickkk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:49 PM #28

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsNickkk View Post
Well obviously nobody has seen the contract .

But wouldn't common sense dictate that this said contract would specifically state what must run during the year?

I highly doubt the contract is going to state the format has been renewed, so channel 5, do whatever the hell you like as long as we get three runs out of you?

I'm pretty sure the contract will specifically say that the normal BB series must run next year, along with two CBB's.

Luke A knows **** all..
No not really.

The contract probably just gives Channel 5 the rights to air the format.

Anyway like i said no one has seen the contract so my speculation is just as valid as yours and you and Luke A have the knowing "**** all" in common in regards to the situation.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 11-06-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:54 PM #29

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
No not really.

The contract probably just gives Channel 5 the rights to air the format.

Anyway like i said no one has seen the contract so my speculation is just as valid as yours and you and Luke A have the knowing "**** all" in common in regards to the situation.
Indeed. However one party (A la, Luke A) claims to know everything. The other party (A La, Me) doesn't claim to know everything. Big difference. I simply gave my opinion and my view.

Last edited by ThisIsNickkk; 11-06-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:56 PM #30

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Indeed. However one party (A la, Luke A) claims to know everything. The other party (A La, Me) doesn't claim to know everything. Big difference. I simply gave my opinion and my view.
Luke A said its unlikely not that its a fact its not returning.

You are talking as if civilian BB is returning 100% and that's backed up by common sense?

No you are both speculating.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:04 PM #31

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Luke A said its unlikely not that its a fact its not returning.

You are talking as if civilian BB is returning 100% and that's backed up by common sense?
No you are both speculating.
Of course it's backed up by common sense.

1. The contract has been signed up until the end of 2014. Why would they just run 2 or 3 seasons of CBB in 2014? It just wouldn't happen, of course the civilian version is returning next year.

2. Channel 5 has just spent a shed load of money in buying Brian out of his contract, picking Emma up as the main host, getting two new presenters in, extending the live feed considerably. All of that will have cost the channel a buck load.

3. Why on earth would they flog a dead horse if they're thinking of scrapping the normal version after the current series?

Luke A seemingly thinks he has insider info on Channel 5's finances, which he clearly doesn't. They seem to have quite a bit of cash to throw at the normal version of Big Brother making his insider info quite redundant.

We all have our opinions, you may not think mine is backed up off common sense, but looking at the picture as a whole, I do.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:32 PM #32

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Of course it's backed up by common sense.

1. The contract has been signed up until the end of 2014. Why would they just run 2 or 3 seasons of CBB in 2014? It just wouldn't happen, of course the civilian version is returning next year.
2. Channel 5 has just spent a shed load of money in buying Brian out of his contract, picking Emma up as the main host, getting two new presenters in, extending the live feed considerably. All of that will have cost the channel a buck load.

3. Why on earth would they flog a dead horse if they're thinking of scrapping the normal version after the current series?

Luke A seemingly thinks he has insider info on Channel 5's finances, which he clearly doesn't. They seem to have quite a bit of cash to throw at the normal version of Big Brother making his insider info quite redundant.

We all have our opinions, you may not think mine is backed up off common sense, but looking at the picture as a whole, I do.
But you don't know that for a fact lol.

That's your speculation.

Like you said you haven't seen the contract so your common sense has has absolutely no significance in relation to a contract drawn up by Endemol and Channel 5.

You have not seen it therefor cannot say 100% that its coming back.

Contracts are not as simple as you are making out.

Yes they have bought Brian out and redone the house but you seem to forget that the same house is used for CBB and the same presenters are also used so this is not just an investment in the normal BB look at the big picture, Why is it that Channel 5 don't promote the summer series yet promote the **** out of CBB?

Im purely speculating and you're actually talking as if you are in the know which is exactly what you're accusing Luke A of doing.

Can you say hypocrite?

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 11-06-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:35 PM #33

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):

Axe a bloody CBB then. Why focus on two CBBs? The summer CBB is never going to do too well at the back of a 10 week regular. Stop paying for 24 celebs every year!!
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:46 PM #34

*Sigh*

Quote:
No, of course I can't, I don't work for either company and I'm not their lawyer, contract's aren't public documents, they're entity to entity written agreements. If you don't even know that, is there any use me explaining how one works? The contract is for two years worth of series not calendar months, defined as one 9 week civillian series and two 3 week celebrity series, two years worth that Endemol has to make and Channel 5 have to pay for, broadcast or not, though, with BB being a franchise, there will undoubtedly be a use or loose clause as with trademarks, not that even C5 are stupid enough to pay for BB to be made, watch Endemol produce it, then not air it, especially when it fills 200 hours of air time, generates discussion and rates reliably (strong in several key demos).
Quote:
It's really not as simple as that . The format is Endemol's, C5 haven't leased it from them (they're a TV channel, not a production company), they're paying for the temporary right to air it, and for it to be aired it has to be produced, by or on behalf of it's rights holders and production company, the company the contract is with, Endemol, the contract defines how much and how often and for how long, in this case one civillian series and a celebrity series for the next two years.
Quote:
It does and no they couldn't, because as I said, C5 have legally agreed to pay for and air one (and Endemol have legally agreed to be paid for and produce it for them).
Quote:
It won't, not until the contract next expires at least. Which isn't till after BB15, the series Luke has, talking from his arse, expressed doubt about.
DigitalSid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:58 PM #35

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSid View Post
*Sigh*

No, of course I can't, I don't work for either company and I'm not their lawyer, contract's aren't public documents, they're entity to entity written agreements. If you don't even know that, is there any use me explaining how one works? The contract is for two years worth of series not calendar months, defined as one 9 week civillian series and two 3 week celebrity series, two years worth that Endemol has to make and Channel 5 have to pay for, broadcast or not, though, with BB being a franchise, there will undoubtedly be a use or loose clause as with trademarks, not that even C5 are stupid enough to pay for BB to be made, watch Endemol produce it, then not air it, especially when it fills 200 hours of air time, generates discussion and rates reliably (strong in several key demos).

It's really not as simple as that . The format is Endemol's, C5 haven't leased it from them (they're a TV channel, not a production company), they're paying for the temporary right to air it, and for it to be aired it has to be produced, by or on behalf of it's rights holders and production company, the company the contract is with, Endemol, the contract defines how much and how often and for how long, in this case one civillian series and a celebrity series for the next two years.

It does and no they couldn't, because as I said, C5 have legally agreed to pay for and air one (and Endemol have legally agreed to be paid for and produce it for them).

It won't, not until the contract next expires at least. Which isn't till after BB15, the series Luke has, talking from his arse, expressed doubt about.
And im sure Endemol are hardly inundated with offers from any other channel.

Channel 5 is the only main terrestrial channel to give BB a home so I think Endemol will take what they can tbh.

Anyway as ive said no one knows 100% that BB15 will air so stop ramming it down everyones throats that its a fact when its just your speculation on what you think is going to happen.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 11-06-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:00 PM #36

Does CBB generally get higher ratings (taking spending ****-loads on "celebrities" into consideration,) than BB?
Old 11-06-2013, 03:02 PM #37

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Does CBB generally get higher ratings (taking spending ****-loads on "celebrities" into consideration,) than BB?
Yes. Ch5 ratings in order of them airing:

CBB8- 2.8m
BB12- 1.6m
CBB9- 2.6m
BB13- 1.7m
CBB10- 2.3m
CBB11- 2.8m

CBB11 had the highest final for any Ch5 series with 3.6m.

Last edited by *mazedsalv**; 11-06-2013 at 03:03 PM.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:03 PM #38

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
The winter series get a lot more for example CBB11 finale got 3.6 I think in comparison to BB13 getting 1.7.

Its yet to see if this summer series will rate better but CBB8 got 2.8 average and last summer CBB only got 2.3 so this one will be the decider.

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 11-06-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:03 PM #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** View Post
Yes. Ch5 ratings in order of them airing:

CBB8- 2.8m
BB12- 1.6m
CBB9- 2.6m
BB13- 1.7m
CBB10- 2.3m
CBB11- 2.8m
Hmm, well CBB8 was their first series aired, so taking that into consideration.

I'd say their main point of profit is BB, partly because of how much they spend on celebrities, so if the worst comes to the worst they'd surely cut CBB instead of BB.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:10 PM #40

Quote:
And im sure Endemol are hardly inundated with offers from any other channel.

Channel 5 is the only main terrestrial channel to give BB a home so I think Endemol will take what they can tbh.
What has that got to with anything? Better offers or not, C5 are legally obliged to air a 15th series next year, whether they want to or not. A contract isn't a promise between mates, it's a legally binding agreement, they'd be breaking it and the law itself if they tried not to air one.
Quote:
Anyway as ive said no one knows 100% that BB15 will air so stop ramming it down everyones throats that its a fact when its just your speculation on what you think is going to happen.
While the contract still exists and both companies are still operating, yes they do.

Last edited by DigitalSid; 11-06-2013 at 03:12 PM.
DigitalSid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:30 PM #41

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSid View Post
What has that got to with anything? Better offers or not, C5 are legally obliged to air a 15th series next year, whether they want to or not. A contract isn't a promise between mates, it's a legally binding agreement, they'd be breaking it and the law itself if they tried not to air one.

While the contract still exists and both companies are still operating, yes they do.
It means that Endemol would probably be more flexible and negotiate terms on what the channel wants seeing as Channel 5 will pay a higher price for the show over any other digital channel aka Living or Sky.

Let me say this again.

YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE CONTRACT!

Last edited by daniel-lewis-1985; 11-06-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:43 PM #42
Namaste

Namaste

This is no different to any of us predicting BB's future. It's not like he has inside info on the subject.
Lostie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:18 PM #43

Favourites (more):
CBB16: Austin Armacost
BB16: Chloe

Favourites (more):
CBB16: Austin Armacost
BB16: Chloe

BB15 will air most likely. As has been pointed out by others, why would such a great effort to change the show for the better (such as Emma, completely new house layout, AJ & Rylan + Live Feed) if they know they are going to cancel it at the end of this year??

You don't need to have seen the contract to know that Big Brother is profitable for a broadcaster if it airs for 13 weeks in the summer (as with the C4 days) Ergo, There must be a civilian BB every summer or it wont generate the advertising revenues it needs.

C5 decided to shorten it's regular series to 9-10 weeks to allow for a summer CBB, still the same principle. Luke A is probably in all honesty just being pessimistic.

On the other hand, I can't wait for Launch night on Thursday, Bring it on!
BB IS ALIVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big brother, future, luke a, unknown