Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 29-04-2018, 09:09 PM #3376

From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)
10/10 > Still amazing, some funny lines and moments plus blood & gore which I like

Point Break (2015)
9/10 > never seen the original but I can assume that it's basically the same? I'll have too watch the original to compare at some point, but the action scenes was intense in this one, thrilling

Drive (2011)
7/10 > a bit slow but the bloody scenes made up for the dull moments overall good but not great

Fake people talk about other people being fake,real people worry about their business and nobody else's

Some people create their own storms,then get upset when it rains

Knowledge makes people humble,arrogance makes people ignorant

Do not judge my story,by the chapter you walked in on
Benzient-XXVII is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 11:21 AM #3377
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Infinity War : Loved it, it was great seeing all of the Super Chris' up there (Thor wins) But yeah, It was really funny and really enjoyable.

Re Dezzys spoiler :

Spoiler:

I was thinking that of course time will be reset and they will all come back to life but I was thinking(hoping) that would include Gamora but her not coming back to life would make more sense now you mention it waaa
8.5/10

Don't Sleep : What a big pile of crap this movie was, horrific acting and really disappointing storyline, should be called Don't Watch .5/10

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 11:27 AM #3378
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Oh and it wasn't scary at all, not even a little bit.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 11:34 AM #3379
I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I Cant Breathe

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Tom

Ready Player One 10/10

Much better then i expected, these type of films never usually interest me but i was hooked from the 1st minute and it was action packed all the way through.

Peter Rabbit 10/10

I had no intentions to watch it but i did so with my niece and nephews and t had me laughing all the way through.

Spoiler:

[/CENTER]

Denver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 01:29 PM #3380
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan

In my family we're each picking TV Shows/Movies that we're going to watch, and my Mom picked one of her favourite Films which was Dances With Wolves.

My opinion of Dances With Wolves is that it was well made and mostly well acted, and I do also like that both sides were portrayed with good and bad people within the communities, and it had likeable characters.

The problems for me however was that the main plot was very basic and non-existent throughout most of the Film, and Mary McDonnell's character was there basically just for the Soapy Romance segments, and I also really had an issue with the story sometimes jumping into certain plot strands and I was wondering how the story had got to that point? I don't know if it's bad editing or whatever I should call it but it would really bother me in the Film.

My overall score - 7/10 - If you like Historical Dramas that takes their time to push the plot forward and is more on it's characters than it's plot then this Film is for you, if you're more like me who likes more fast paced action with less focus on drama with it's characters and likes the main plot to be more prominent then I recommend to stay away from this Film.

I'm sorry for the long winded review btw, I do get a bit carried away with my opinions on Movies.

KRO!

Last edited by Mystic Mock; 30-04-2018 at 01:30 PM.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 02:08 PM #3381

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBCanada 7: Dane

Favourites (more):
BBUSA21: Kathryn
BBCanada 7: Dane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Infinity War

Mixed feelings about it tbh.

I'mma spoil everything in the spoiler tags so you've been warned.

Spoiler:

I think I'll love this film in a year's time when Part 2 comes out because this film felt quite incomplete and that impacted my enjoyment of the film since I wasn't expecting 3 and 4 to be so heavily connected as they said it wouldn't.

That being said, I really liked what was in the film but my only other major complaint was that they split the cast up too much and nobody really got much of a spotlight for it aside from Thanos who I thought was fantastic. It says a lot when the writers make you feel sympathetic for a genocidal maniac and even understand his goals and see where he's coming from, I'm not keen on the fact they killed Gamora to do that though but I did find their storyline quite moving. I actually like MCU Thanos way better than Comic Thanos.

As for the ending, I loved it, it's daring (even though you'll know they'll reverse the Gauntlet's effect as Thanos made a point of saying that half of the universe would be erased, not specifically killed) and Peter fading away while Tony could do nothing but watch honestly broke my heart although I knew they would reverse it.

Oh and Loki is not dead, I didn't buy his death for a second. I think Thanos killed one of his doubles and Loki will be back in Avengers 4, it's such a dumb badly written death otherwise. Everyone else who didn't die because of the Gauntlet is dead and gone I think and a few that did won't come back, I expect or will come back to be killed in the final battle against Thanos (Bucky, i'm looking at you). Scarlet Witch will definitely be back, it's quite obvious that she will be the key to bringing the X-Men into the MCU when Disney's takeover of Fox goes through, They'll do a House of M storyline where she becomes increasingly unbalanced because of what happened in Infinity War to the point that she uses her powers to create an idealised world in which everything is kind of ****ed up. They'll fix it but since reality has been changed too many times, things won't be the same, hence mutants.

Loved how funny it was too, Okoye and Drax made me cackle.

8/10

Black Panther and Winter Soldier remain unbothered.
Yea I agree.

Black Panther is the superior film out of the two.
Eddie. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 06:58 PM #3382
-

-

Have seen Infinity War now.

Spoiler:

loads of kids in the cinema, clearly had no idea that it's a 2 part film and we're totally confused and devastated at the end... HAHA. I mean FFS... The villain wins, half the cast is dead, Little Spiderman disintegrates in Stark's arms pleading for his life, half the worlds population dies, and then its like "lol the end" .

I wonder who is actually dead? Vision is a goner. I reckon Loki (along with the entire supporting cast of Thor Ragnarok Wtf) really is dead too UNLESS there's a Thor 4, in which case they'll resurrect Loki and Valkyrie. None of the ones that disintegrated are dead obviously. I'm also completely unconvinced that Gamora is dead; she didn't need to die to fulfil the sacrifice element so long as thanos believed he was killing her, and believes he succeeded... So most likely, Red Skull collected her from the bottom of the cliffs and revived her.

But yeah in general I agree with the above; it felt unfulfilling to have a cliffhanger. I get why they have to... It has to be long, most people aren't going to sit through a 5 hour film (lol) and also the cost of making it would only just be recouped.

But I personally would much rather watch it back to back. I wonder if they'll do a back to back screening anywhere when part 2 is released.

I did also think there was a LOT going on that needed to be crammed in, and it lost out on some of its character moments because of that, especially off the back of Homecoming, Ragnarok and then Black Panther which all follow a linear narrative pretty much glued to the hip of the protagonist. However, it is well edited and handles the jumping around fine, where some films get disorienting.

Thor calling Rocket "Rabbit" was a highlight. I'm here for Thor 4 being a buddy movie with Thor, Hulk, Rabbit and Groot.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 08:10 PM #3383
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Have seen Infinity War now.

Spoiler:

loads of kids in the cinema, clearly had no idea that it's a 2 part film and we're totally confused and devastated at the end... HAHA. I mean FFS... The villain wins, half the cast is dead, Little Spiderman disintegrates in Stark's arms pleading for his life, half the worlds population dies, and then its like "lol the end" .

I wonder who is actually dead? Vision is a goner. I reckon Loki (along with the entire supporting cast of Thor Ragnarok Wtf) really is dead too UNLESS there's a Thor 4, in which case they'll resurrect Loki and Valkyrie. None of the ones that disintegrated are dead obviously. I'm also completely unconvinced that Gamora is dead; she didn't need to die to fulfil the sacrifice element so long as thanos believed he was killing her, and believes he succeeded... So most likely, Red Skull collected her from the bottom of the cliffs and revived her.

But yeah in general I agree with the above; it felt unfulfilling to have a cliffhanger. I get why they have to... It has to be long, most people aren't going to sit through a 5 hour film (lol) and also the cost of making it would only just be recouped.

But I personally would much rather watch it back to back. I wonder if they'll do a back to back screening anywhere when part 2 is released.

I did also think there was a LOT going on that needed to be crammed in, and it lost out on some of its character moments because of that, especially off the back of Homecoming, Ragnarok and then Black Panther which all follow a linear narrative pretty much glued to the hip of the protagonist. However, it is well edited and handles the jumping around fine, where some films get disorienting.

Thor calling Rocket "Rabbit" was a highlight. I'm here for Thor 4 being a buddy movie with Thor, Hulk, Rabbit and Groot.
Spoiler:

I don't think Loki's dead, it'd just be bad writing for a character that's meant to be as smart as him to die like that, I think Thanos killed one of Loki's clones while he made a getaway.

I agree about Vision, his death could mean that they are putting Wanda on the path of causing the House of M storyline (I think she'll get the reality based powers through some botched interaction with the Reality stone in the next film when she's destroying it). You're right about Gamora too, I think I recall the director of the Guardians films saying that she's integral to the next film so unless he's referring to the impact her death has then I don't think she'll stay dead....I don't think she's even dead dead, I think she IS the Soul Stone.

As for who will end up will end up dying for real in the next film. My money's on Nick Fury, War Machine, Nebula, Mantis and Cap.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:48 AM #3384
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Spoiler:

I don't think Loki's dead, it'd just be bad writing for a character that's meant to be as smart as him to die like that, I think Thanos killed one of Loki's clones while he made a getaway.

I agree about Vision, his death could mean that they are putting Wanda on the path of causing the House of M storyline (I think she'll get the reality based powers through some botched interaction with the Reality stone in the next film when she's destroying it). You're right about Gamora too, I think I recall the director of the Guardians films saying that she's integral to the next film so unless he's referring to the impact her death has then I don't think she'll stay dead....I don't think she's even dead dead, I think she IS the Soul Stone.

As for who will end up will end up dying for real in the next film. My money's on Nick Fury, War Machine, Nebula, Mantis and Cap.
Spoiler:

I don't think Cap will die to be honest, unless they're doing a fake-out with Bucky... because Comic lore would be that Cap dies and Bucky takes on the Captain America title... BUT they seem to be grooming Bucky as a replacement White Wolf (not subtly... they're actually calling him that) for the Black Panther franchise? Like I fully expect him to be suited up as White Wolf in Black Panther 2. Like I said unless that's a bait-and-switch to throw off Cap rumours.

I also don't think any character who was in "the 50%" that disintegrated will die... because I don't think they'll be brought back until the final act of the film. Most likely, Thanos will lose the gauntlet or at least some of the stones and someone will use it to put things right, and then there will be a final battle with de-gauntletted Thanos and his forces... and I don't think they'll kill anyone who has "just come back".

I've also just been reading about comic book Vision... and there's a storyline where he's destroyed and rebuilt - but the rebuilt version is "ghostly white" (like the colour his body was?) and he comes back as an emotionless AI, without the human qualities he had before. I wonder if they're going to go down that route? He'll be repaired without the stone, but he'll be cold and emotionless...
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:43 PM #3385
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Spoiler:

I don't think Cap will die to be honest, unless they're doing a fake-out with Bucky... because Comic lore would be that Cap dies and Bucky takes on the Captain America title... BUT they seem to be grooming Bucky as a replacement White Wolf (not subtly... they're actually calling him that) for the Black Panther franchise? Like I fully expect him to be suited up as White Wolf in Black Panther 2. Like I said unless that's a bait-and-switch to throw off Cap rumours.

I also don't think any character who was in "the 50%" that disintegrated will die... because I don't think they'll be brought back until the final act of the film. Most likely, Thanos will lose the gauntlet or at least some of the stones and someone will use it to put things right, and then there will be a final battle with de-gauntletted Thanos and his forces... and I don't think they'll kill anyone who has "just come back".

I've also just been reading about comic book Vision... and there's a storyline where he's destroyed and rebuilt - but the rebuilt version is "ghostly white" (like the colour his body was?) and he comes back as an emotionless AI, without the human qualities he had before. I wonder if they're going to go down that route? He'll be repaired without the stone, but he'll be cold and emotionless...
Spoiler:

I'd be really surprised if Marvel waited until the finale of Avengers 4 to bring back the heroes that 'died'. That's Spiderman, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch and the majority of the Guardians basically reduced to a cameo appearance.

I know in the comics there's a world within the soul stone that the dead go to which could lead to a story for the half that died but I don't see it tbh. A lot of the common theories for Avengers 4 is that it'll be time travel based.

That's a good theory for Vision, Could be a good way of pushing Scarlet Witch towards the House of M in a way that's not purely motivated by grief.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:50 PM #3386

"Wonder Wheel" (2017) - dir. Woody Allen.

Really enjoyed it, okay storyline, not Allen's best by any means but very charming and great cinematography too. You get a real sense of 1950's Coney Island which is cute.

7.5/10 - would watch again!

Last edited by LaLaLand; 02-05-2018 at 09:51 PM.
LaLaLand is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:48 PM #3387
A great thief

A great thief

Infinity War omg wig

8/10 bc it dragged in some parts but apart from that iconique
Old 05-05-2018, 09:27 PM #3388
A great thief

A great thief

Eden Lake 8/10
You Got Me 7/10
Old 06-05-2018, 10:48 PM #3389

Percy Jackson 2: Sea Of Monsters (2013)
8/10 > much better as it was more entertaining better paced and I didn't drift in and out of interest, the ending leaves it open for another one which still hasn't happened yet but apparently it's coming out this year but the original cast may not return and it will get rebooted which is stupid, if they don't come back and it gets rebooted then I rather not have a third at all

The Hateful Eight (2015)
7/10 > 2HRS 47 minutes long but I was good throughout a bit boring but that's expected due to the run time, it picks up after the twist was revealed which I wasn't expecting and took me by surprise

Beginners (2011)
4/10 > the Dog parts where the subtitles come up to tell us what he was thinking was amusing, other than that what a boring film and it says it's a comedy but I didn't laugh once

Fake people talk about other people being fake,real people worry about their business and nobody else's

Old 06-05-2018, 11:05 PM #3390
haunted

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Amber
Love Island 3: Marino

haunted

Favourites (more):

Infinity War 8/10

I'm not a big superhero fan but I really enjoyed it!
Spoiler:

The ending was CRAZY as in that it's such a big loss? Like the villain literally has control over everything so it'll be interesting to see how they fix that because And also I don't think the ending deaths are permanent and I feel like Gamora isn't dead either.

Spoiler:

montblanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 08:25 AM #3391
Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Zumi Zimi Zami

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Paul
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Jumanji: Welcome To the Jungle 8.5/10

i love these sort of movies

Spoiler:

Jack Black being hilarious as usual, Dwayne Johnson another fab role from him as well, and a good adventure on the Island of Jumanji

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 09:26 AM #3392
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

Pitch Perfect 3: 9/10 - hilarious, great performances, a good storyline.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:48 AM #3393
A great thief

A great thief

Bye PP3 was awful
Old 07-05-2018, 10:49 AM #3394
27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileyH View Post
Bye PP3 was awful
3 > 2 > 1

3 could've got a 10 if they put Pentatonix in it again
Old 07-05-2018, 10:52 AM #3395
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurryface View Post
3 > 2 > 1

3 could've got a 10 if they put Pentatonix in it again

2 > 1 >>>> 3
Old 10-05-2018, 05:54 PM #3396
A great thief

A great thief

Spiderman: Homecoming 10/10

Rewatching this after IW is kinda heartbreaking we love the best Marvel film
Old 14-05-2018, 07:24 PM #3397

Super (2010)
9/10 > a very funny alternative to the Kick-Ass films can't really add much else other than it's great to be honest

War Dogs (2016)
7/10 > amusing and entertaining in places, but the comedy & (not much) action didn't gel together very well, still good though

21 (2008)
6/10 > good overall but quite a few scenes drag, last 30 minutes were good

Fury (2012)
6/10 > it was alright but I did have enough interest in the film overall to warrant a reply in the future

Old 14-05-2018, 07:30 PM #3398
Keyboard Warrior

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Roxanne Pallett
Love Island 4: Hayley
Keyboard Warrior

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Roxanne Pallett
Love Island 4: Hayley

The Greatest Showman: 9/10

I know the film whitewashes a lot of truth out of the real story so it can be a smushy, family affair but I'm a sucker for a film with beautiful cinematography and that's definitely what this film delivers. It is visually stunning throughout, I'm so annoyed at myself that I didn't get to go to the cinema to view the spectacle on the big screen. Brilliant, catchy songs and great performances all round.
Old 18-05-2018, 07:09 PM #3399
haunted

Favourites (more):

haunted

Favourites (more):

I Know What You Did Last Summer 8/10

I really enjoyed it! Especially since I don't watch a lot of slasher films

Spoiler:

montblanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-05-2018, 07:13 PM #3400
A great thief

A great thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Jane View Post
The Greatest Showman: 9/10

I know the film whitewashes a lot of truth out of the real story so it can be a smushy, family affair but I'm a sucker for a film with beautiful cinematography and that's definitely what this film delivers. It is visually stunning throughout, I'm so annoyed at myself that I didn't get to go to the cinema to view the spectacle on the big screen. Brilliant, catchy songs and great performances all round.
Zendaya did that @ being in the 2 best films of 2017

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
film, watched