Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB3 Chat about Kate, Alex, Jade Goody and anything to do with Big Brother 3!

Old 27-01-2002, 10:32 AM #1

Default BB3 House

I've just found the following article in todays News of the World.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
IT'S BOG BROTHER

We’ve lifted the lid on the new Big Brother house - to reveal it's got an outside toilet!

But the hi-tech home will also have a ‘love loft’, where canoodling contestants can reach the heights of passion.

The new house being built at Elstree Studios, Herts, will be ringed by an eight-foot moat to keep out intruders.

Studio bosses are calling in 12 extra security guards to patrol the site round the clock.

But our exclusive peek at the plans reveals what's in store for this summer's 10 new housemates - including that second loo… added for their convenience!

A Big Brother expert said: ‘The main difference is the house will have an upstairs which can only be reached by retractable ladder. That will add a whole new dimension.

‘It means that couples can climb into the love loft, pull up the ladder and get on with it without fear of being disturbed. ’The house also has a wet room, likely to contain a hot tub like the one in which last year's lovebirds Paul and Helen frolicked in front of the cameras. Planning permission was only given this week, but workmen are already laying the foundations. One said: ‘They want us to finish by April, so the show might start in May. The house is very impressive.’

-----------------------------------------------------------------

They've also printed a supposed plan of the new house, which I'll scan and put up later cos I can't find it on the News of the World website.

I see they've got a 'Big Brother Expert', I wonder if he/she is the same person as the infamous 'insider' who seems to feature in so may articles.

Still, it does sound interesting.
LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2002, 02:18 PM #2

Thanks LEE!
I wasn't really all that bothered about the new series of Big Brother if I'm honest, because I really only got caught up in last years because of Brian. But as I read more about it my curiosity is getting the better of me and the bug is beginning to bite! The new house sounds very intriguing, and because it is so different won't really feel like Big Brother as we know it and are use to, but maybe that's a good thing, seeing strange people in the old house would niggle at me I think, and in the words of Helen "I wouldn't be happy!",( silly me!!!)
Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see won't we?
Honey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2002, 02:29 PM #3

Quote:
Originally posted by Honey
I wasn't really all that bothered about the new series of Big Brother if I'm honest, because I really only got caught up in last years because of Brian. But as I read more about it my curiosity is getting the better of me and the bug is beginning to bite!
I know exactly what you mean, except for me it was Helen and Paul moreso than Brian.

A couple of months ago I wasn't really that into the idea of BB3 as I thought I was more attached to the people of BB2 rather than the show itself. However, the more I hear about it and especially as I have been helping Mark plan what we are going to do with the site for the new series, I'm beginning to really look forward to it.
Old 27-01-2002, 05:53 PM #4

I must confess that my earlier hesitence to move on is beginning to wane and I'm finding myself very interested by these stories. I still think they'll keep any really interesting things from us as a surprise, and to keep us all talking, but hey, it won't stop me pontificating over this latest design.

I've had a good chuckle over this quote

Quote:
It means that couples can climb into the love loft, pull up the ladder and get on with it without fear of being disturbed.
Yes, because having a housemate come into the room would be very embarrassing if you are mid-shag. Who knows what they'd see?

I love the way they refer to the hot tub as the place Paul and Helen frolicked. The only person NOT to frolick in the hot tub was Penny, and that's just because she was evicted before they revealed it.

For all the talk of how the British public would have been bored if things had moved on to actual sex, rather a lot of attention has been paid to encouraging it. Of course this was written up in the News of the World, so they wouldn't have run the story if there wasn't a sexy angle.
Feefs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2002, 08:58 PM #5

here's the floorplan pic I promised you earllier.

Old 27-01-2002, 09:05 PM #6

Default BB3

Great scanning LEE

As for BB3 - I remember being very unenthusiastic about BB2, even right up unitl the first few days of transmission. As the BB2 housemates were entering the house, I could not see myself warming to them at all. However, I did and the rest is history.

I feel that my reaction to BB3 will be the same. "Quite interested" until it all gets going.

The difference for me next time will be MY access to the internet ,which I didn't have before, and so to the words of wisdom of all my "new friends and acquantainces"!!!!!
blinkinlovely is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2002, 10:11 PM #7
TiBB founder

TiBB founder

Thanks for that LEE

Why is the second wc circled?

Mark
Mark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2002, 10:23 PM #8
Administrator

Administrator

Thanks for scanning in the floor plan, LEE.

I presume the unmarked room next to the Store is the Diary Room. If not, then they've forgotten to include one!!
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2002, 04:48 PM #9

The floor plan is fascinating, never mind the new housemates or the programme itself, I can't wait to see the house now, WOW! Thanks LEE.
Old 28-01-2002, 05:47 PM #10

Hi Mark

The News of the World had headed the article with the incredibly classy
Quote:
'IT'S BOG BROTHER - We’ve lifted the lid on the new Big Brother house - to reveal it's got an outside toilet!
and I presume that's why they circled the second loo on the floorplan.

Kaz - I'd noticed the lack of the diary room as well. I don't think that space next to the storeroom has a doorway into the house, so I don't know where it could be.

I'm sure there must be one, so I hope this doesn't mean that we've fallen for some sort of hoax plan the News of the World have put up. They might have forgotten a diary room but I don't think Endemol would have.
Old 29-01-2002, 11:19 AM #11
Administrator

Administrator

Found this article on Ananova today, which seems to quash the rumour that there would be two sections to the BB3 house:

Big Brother denies contestants will live in two houses

The makers of Big Brother are denying rumours this year's show will have a "heaven and hell" format.

It had been reported there would be two houses next to each other - one luxurious and one very basic.

But production company Endemol says there will only be one house. It is currently being built at Elstree Studios in Hertfordshire.

There had been reports that contestants would compete against each other to get to stay in the "heaven" house in a similar way to the German version of Big Brother.

A spokeswoman for Endemol told Ananova: "Any stories on the format of the show are just rumours as we haven't decided how the show will work this year. The only thing different about the new house is that it has two toilets."

According to Heat magazine, Davina McCall has already agreed to host Big Brother 3, which begins in May.

It is thought producers are also planning a new series of Celebrity Big Brother.

The confirmation about there being two toilets ties in with the layout published in the NOTW, but - if the plan is genuine - I'm still puzzled as to where the diary room will be located.
Old 29-01-2002, 11:32 AM #12

They really did need two toilets. One between 10 people isn't enough for the workplace, so it's hardly sufficient when it's needed 24 hours a day. I might also be helpful if they have any of the plumbing problems they experienced last year.

The bedrooms are quite a way from each other, and bedroom one seems bigger. The living room is a funny shape too, and does leave some scope for partitioning. It's possible that they could still restrict the movement of contestants within the house even if it isn't fully separated.

They really are teasing us now. If nothing else I'll be tuning in to see what it all looks like.
Old 29-01-2002, 02:26 PM #13
TiBB founder

TiBB founder

I know what you mean Feefs!

I am soooo intreigued to see what it looks like - I wonder what the colour scheme is like - what the scale of the picture is and most importantly, pictures and plans of this new upstiars section.

Another thing is the store room - where is it??? There is one store for the camera men and the only oher thing I can see is outside near the toilet - but its incredibly small!!!

Also on the lawn there are two squares,what are they????

Mark
Old 29-01-2002, 02:37 PM #14

Just a thought Mark but maybe the larger of the two shapes on the lawn is the chicken area, and the other could be for the jaccuzi - what do you think?
Old 29-01-2002, 02:42 PM #15
TiBB founder

TiBB founder

The jacuzi is the thing in the wet room - unless they are having two........

Mark
Old 29-01-2002, 02:46 PM #16
Administrator

Administrator

You could well be right about one of the shapes being a chicken coop, Honey. The other one might be something like a vegetable garden, if the jacuzzi is inside the house like the plan suggests.
Old 29-01-2002, 02:59 PM #17

I thought one could be a vegetable patch or something too. It's not unreasonable for them to have some salad vegetables at least. Maybe even a small greenhouse, but that could be difficult to film in.
Old 29-01-2002, 03:38 PM #18

Yes you could be right, a vegtable garden or greenhouse sounds feasible.

Mark, not wishing to contradict you but could it be that the wet room has a bath in it like the one in the BB2 house, and the jacuzzi in the garden also as before?
Old 29-01-2002, 04:57 PM #19
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Hate to be picky, but I posted the NOTW article and map of floor plan on Talk Big Brother first.
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2002, 05:05 PM #20
TiBB founder

TiBB founder

your point being...........
Old 29-01-2002, 05:07 PM #21
Administrator

Administrator

Sticks - it was hardly classified information if it was published in the News of the World!

If you were so keen to be first, why didn't you post the info. here as well?
Old 29-01-2002, 05:25 PM #22

Never mind Sticks, this is bound to happen on all similar sites, best just to accept it graciously, it's easy try it, it's not worth getting annoyed about really, forget it hey?
Old 29-01-2002, 06:50 PM #23

Sticks,

I'm sorry of you thought I was just copying you. I hadn't even seen your post on TalkBB when I posted the article and floorplan up. I'd gone out to get a Sunday paper and had flicked through a couple of them and happened to notice the floorplan so added NOTW to the Telegraph and Mail I had already selected.

I also posted up the article about Big Brother Russia from the NOTW Magazine from the same day.

It's inevitable that different forums are going to see the same articles and make similar posts - I'm sure we'll all be duplicating each other more and more as it gets nearer to BB3 and there's more in the press.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb3, house