Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 13-08-2013, 01:32 PM #26
User banned

User banned

perhaps he is a deniro method actor and before entering the house was a 17 stone bodybuilder with a 9 incher, but shed all the muscle and length to endear himself to BB voters
lippyzippy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 01:54 PM #27
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Who cares what he is, he's been hella entertaining and for that deserves a top spot. Backgrounds mean jack **** as long as they're giving us a good show.

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 02:03 PM #28

Anyone who has consistently lied and misrepresented people deliberately to set them up for eviction does not deserve to win n it cannot be believed that he is suddenly a nice person.Some found him entertaining, that means he and Gina were used for entertainment which kind of is ironic and serves them right when they lie about and use everyone else them selves, it doesn't mean they should be rewarded with the prize for their disgusting behaviour

Also Gina broke the rules in 3 different ways A) Continuing to write after nominations had started B) Telling Charlie to vote for her and C) She discussed who had voted for who earlier at the table.

Together with the public wanting her up if they don't declare her vote void it is a disgrace she must be put up
cfromhx02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 02:04 PM #29

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
Who cares what he is, he's been hella entertaining and for that deserves a top spot. Backgrounds mean jack **** as long as they're giving us a good show.
How on earth has he been 'hella entertaining'?

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 02:08 PM #30
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dexter
I'm a Celeb 2012: David Haye
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
Dexter is the best housemate we've has since Aaron. I want him to win so much i'm willing to vote like i've never voted before!
I loved Aaron too but I can't ever recall wanting anyone to win as much as I want Dexter to win. He's been the best ever housemate. I'm so looking forward to when BB ends and he realises how many fans he has who love him, obviously he's loads of haters too but I think Dexter will focus on the positive.

Me
Tozzie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 02:11 PM #31
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
I loved Aaron too but I can't ever recall wanting anyone to win as much as I want Dexter to win. He's been the best ever housemate. I'm so looking forward to when BB ends and he realises how many fans he has who love him, obviously he's loads of haters too but I think Dexter will focus on the positive.
Con men are prone to concentrate on those who have believed their spiel, it is part of their stock-in-trade. Haters, ie those who didn't fall for their lies are simply ignored as they seek out more gullible converts.
Old 13-08-2013, 02:17 PM #32
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
How on earth has he been 'hella entertaining'?
He's been in most of the storylines and caused the most response... that cannot be overlooked but obviously will be by some.

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 02:30 PM #33

Favourites:
BB14: Gina

Favourites:
BB14: Gina

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagol View Post
if he was playing the game all this time then he deserves to win as thats some serious acting makes de nero look like a two bit extra lol
if he isn't then he is genuine and misunderstood hence his reactions to being saved and for that reason deserves to win

or forget both just basing on entertaining wise he deserves to win.
This ^

In truth I'd be happy with Gina, Dexter or Sam as winners.

They are the three I have warmed to most or found most entertaining, each for different reasons.

I wouldn't be unhappy with the twins, though they wouldn't be my choice for winner. I'd be unhappy with Sophie or Charlie: Sophie because the more I see of her the less I like her, and Charlie because her emotional journey/car crash has dominated the house at times and wasn't interesting enough to warrant the level of attention it got.

I have come full circle with Charlie. I started out thinking she was just a flake, then thought she was a master games player and now I'm back to thinking she's a flake. Either way she is only ever interesting/entertaining, as a foil for others. I feel sorry for her at times, and I'm sure she's a nice enough lass, but it's like there's a vacant space where her brain should be.

Also: am tired of hearing about how she's a 'deep thinker'. She isn't a deep thinker, she's just completely self-absorbed.

Mind you that's been said of and by a number of housemates this year. Generally it seems to be a code for thinking a lot about one's own emotions and thought processes.

I've liked Dex from the start (whilst also simultaneously disliking him at times lol). Same with Gina. He's absolutely fascinating to watch. He has screen presence. Gina also is magnetic. As with Dexter, there have been times Gina's frustrated me and times she's impressed me, and as with Dex, I flip flop between thinking she is acting a character and thinking she is at least partially genuine.

Never found either of them boring. Neither have either of them hit the lows of some other housemates in terms of nastiness (imo).

Sam, meanwhile, has a quiet strength that I like. When he is given air time he is quite charismatic, and given he is one of the younger housemates this year he's impressed me with the solidity of his views on people. He hasn't had anywherenear the same airtime as some others, and though I think his inactivity has been exaggerated, he hasn't been as active a housemate as others have been. That said, most of what has been shown of him I have found to be entertaining, interesting and engaging.

So.....tl;dr: yes, Dex would be a worthy winner.

Last edited by DanaC; 13-08-2013 at 03:05 PM.
DanaC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 02:37 PM #34
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):
Lion Queen

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers View Post
Con men are prone to concentrate on those who have believed their spiel, it is part of their stock-in-trade. Haters, ie those who didn't fall for their lies are simply ignored as they seek out more gullible converts.
say what you like fingers, Dexter is MY favourite housemate, I really don't care what you think of me or my choice of bb winner this year.

Me
Tozzie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 03:17 PM #35
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Dexter is a conman and Gina is a conwoman ONLY, so far as I am aware, in terms of BB Secrets & Lies.

I have seen no evidence that they conned people as part of their normal everyday lives prior to entering the house.

So far as I am concerned they are therefore perfectly suitable as winners of this year's series. They have played BB at their own game!
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 03:32 PM #36
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Although I really dislike the Charlie connection and triangle nonsense, Dexter is one of my top 3.
I would certainly have him win any day over Gina.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 04:23 PM #37
King

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Bailey
King

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
This ^

In truth I'd be happy with Gina, Dexter or Sam as winners.

They are the three I have warmed to most or found most entertaining, each for different reasons.

I wouldn't be unhappy with the twins, though they wouldn't be my choice for winner. I'd be unhappy with Sophie or Charlie: Sophie because the more I see of her the less I like her, and Charlie because her emotional journey/car crash has dominated the house at times and wasn't interesting enough to warrant the level of attention it got.

I have come full circle with Charlie. I started out thinking she was just a flake, then thought she was a master games player and now I'm back to thinking she's a flake. Either way she is only ever interesting/entertaining, as a foil for others. I feel sorry for her at times, and I'm sure she's a nice enough lass, but it's like there's a vacant space where her brain should be.

Also: am tired of hearing about how she's a 'deep thinker'. She isn't a deep thinker, she's just completely self-absorbed.

Mind you that's been said of and by a number of housemates this year. Generally it seems to be a code for thinking a lot about one's own emotions and thought processes.

I've liked Dex from the start (whilst also simultaneously disliking him at times lol). Same with Gina. He's absolutely fascinating to watch. He has screen presence. Gina also is magnetic. As with Dexter, there have been times Gina's frustrated me and times she's impressed me, and as with Dex, I flip flop between thinking she is acting a character and thinking she is at least partially genuine.

Never found either of them boring. Neither have either of them hit the lows of some other housemates in terms of nastiness (imo).

Sam, meanwhile, has a quiet strength that I like. When he is given air time he is quite charismatic, and given he is one of the younger housemates this year he's impressed me with the solidity of his views on people. He hasn't had anywherenear the same airtime as some others, and though I think his inactivity has been exaggerated, he hasn't been as active a housemate as others have been. That said, most of what has been shown of him I have found to be entertaining, interesting and engaging.

So.....tl;dr: yes, Dex would be a worthy winner.
Dexter To Win !!! aint no other worthy winner, just Dexter in my eyes.

Im_Juz_ChiLLin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 04:52 PM #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers View Post
....and both of them were STILL pretending, tonight, that their backstories are genuine - she getting her "allowance" and him spending £120,000 on a champagne night out!
Amazing how many people can be so easily taken in. Even those who do not believe the stories seem to thinking rewarding such lies is a good thing.
It is a bit like a burglar winning a burgulary competition.

Let the £100K be a lie and watch Dexter and Gina scream now that would be entertainment.
boomoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 04:59 PM #39
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Such a song and dance! Lol!

Several housemates have lied to get on BB, e.g. Callum. Others have grossly exaggerated.

There are always a few on every series of BB.

So let's not pretend Dexter and Gina have done anything particularly unusual. They have just been a bit more organised, that's all.

Last edited by CaudleHalbard; 13-08-2013 at 05:00 PM.
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 05:06 PM #40
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Dexter's face was a picture of Misery last night when he thought Hazel had waltzed off with HIS money!! It needed all BBs powers of persuasion to convince him that the money was still up for grabs. They even resorted to reminding him how they had not lied about Daley being removed!

Last edited by fingers; 13-08-2013 at 05:12 PM.
fingers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 05:08 PM #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagol View Post
there all types of conmen/women.

sophie who 100% has a plan lays back sticks int he odd knife where needed and retreats. thats a con she hasn't been herself
sam who knows he will win cause of his disability and sleeps all day avoiding noms etc to win.learns a joke book as a way of winning over the public very sneaky con trick that. he isnt that nice its a established trick
gina and her acting up for the cams another trick/con
the twins with their pre worked out routines they thought they'd sail through and win. biggest tricks and cons of them all though obvious.
dexter might be the only one who actually did throw his plan out the window like he said he did and what you see lately is him.
Dexter's friend said he had a three part plan. We are now seeing the final part, the weepy gets lots of sympathy part. If Charlie wont play the role he has mapped for her he is unhappy. How can he expect her loyalty after he chose Sophie to have the pass. He said he knew everyone would give the pass to Sophie. Really? Where has he been for the last nine weeks? He knew perfectly well that Sam would never vote for Sophie to have a free pass. No wonder Charlie was upset.
A liar should not be rewarded because you can win a game without being a cheat and dropping your supposed friends in.
boomoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
100%, dexter, fake