Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB14 Channel 5's Big Brother: Secrets and Lies (aka Big Brother 14) started June 13th 2013 and was won by Sam Evans.

Discuss the series and housemates here.

Old 15-08-2013, 11:17 PM #26

Favourites (more):
BB14: Callum
BB13: Deana

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post

And you are? Bye
What?
aman201 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 11:19 PM #27
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Up for eviction, immune from eviction it made no difference, Dexter wasn't going anywhere tomorrow anyway.
His staying has given us the chance to maybe help Sophie go out too so there's a bonus.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 11:20 PM #28

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Up for eviction, immune from eviction it made no difference, Dexter wasn't going anywhere tomorrow anyway.
His staying has given us the chance to maybe help Sophie go out too so there's a bonus.
Yep.

Sophie was so happy to be in the final, would be great to see her face if she goes.
aman201 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 11:23 PM #29
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I fail to see the appeal with dexter, I have tried but I can't he is just too pantomime for a civilian BB...
Old 15-08-2013, 11:27 PM #30
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon01 View Post
It's because he lied about it and spouted nonsense about personal journey and that he didn't want the money.

If he was upfront about it, then it would be different.
You honestly believe that? No matter what he said they would have jumped on him, As they have all series. No matter what he has said..no reason to think that would change now

Also I'm not convinced it was nonsense. But I have been over that so many times today that I cba with that argument anymore
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 11:31 PM #31

The hate Dexter for wanting the money! But they don't want the money themselves?

They hate Dexter for lying - have they not been calling him sly the whole time, true self coming out of them since Dexter is the better player.
Issac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 11:31 PM #32
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
to be quite honest if as a gameplayer you can play the public as well and delude them enough into lapping up what you want them to then you deserve to win, that's no mean feat. If the public are moronic enough to buy into false gameplaying crap then that's their problem, that's actually the sign of an excellent gameplayer if you can fool over a million people.
But the means of doing this are usually grossly disgusting. Being the ~hawt boy~ tweens want, creating a faker than faux fur showmance, have a majority of the other HMs subservient to you while you bully the powerless minority until they are evicted for being on the wrong side of said bully, talking about how ~raw n rull~ you are while accusing everyone else of playing the game, instigating drama to make everyone else look bad, forging cutesy moments like walking into glass doors and ****, etc. We've seen it with Richard, Ziggy, Darnell, Siavash, John James, and Aaron and it has never not been atrocious. Dexter hasn't been as bad as the aforementioned but it really is a mortal sin to show shades of them.
Old 15-08-2013, 11:40 PM #33
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by troynuncdicit View Post
But the means of doing this are usually grossly disgusting. Being the ~hawt boy~ tweens want, creating a faker than faux fur showmance, have a majority of the other HMs subservient to you while you bully the powerless minority until they are evicted for being on the wrong side of said bully, talking about how ~raw n rull~ you are while accusing everyone else of playing the game, instigating drama to make everyone else look bad, forging cutesy moments like walking into glass doors and ****, etc. We've seen it with Richard, Ziggy, Darnell, Siavash, John James, and Aaron and it has never not been atrocious. Dexter hasn't been as bad as the aforementioned but it really is a mortal sin to show shades of them.
I wouldn't call being a hot boy that the tweens get behind a gameplan, that's just unfortunate really and tweens are to blame for their success (though it's not really a problem if they're a good housemate).

Showmances might sometimes be dull but hey if it makes the public lap it up then why not? As I said if the public wish to fall for that kinda sh*t, that's their problem. At the end of the day if it's going to win you £100k, then who cares? It's a gameshow, if it'll win you it then so be it.

I'm not into throwing the b word around and I genuinely only think there's been a handful of instances of bullying on BBUK, a lot of targeting yes...but bullying? I disagree.

But these:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troynuncdicit View Post
talking about how ~raw n rull~ you are while accusing everyone else of playing the game, instigating drama to make everyone else look bad, forging cutesy moments like walking into glass doors and ****, etc.
Seem pretty fair to me. Deflecting your own game onto other people in a diversion technique to fool the public is a smart move to be honest, and again if the public are stupid enough to not see through it then well that's their problem. Instigating drama is always a good thing, I'd rather that than 'let's bake a cake xx'. And the last point may bring some cringeworthy moments and I'd hardly say I'm a fan of those kinds of housemates but if it gets them far in game terms well then fair play to them really.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 12:13 AM #34
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

But instigating drama for the purpose to get other (better) HMs evicted isn't a good thing. Anyway, my whole point was that the people who try to enact these gameplans more often than not suck and ruin the series they're part of. Ziggy did his great share of damage to BB8 and would've done more if his showmance of choice wasn't someone who should've belonged in a mental asylum, Darnell provided many uncomfortable moments as a perpetual martyr and bully, Siavash made the end of BB10 absolutely dreadful ("I cannot possibly nominate this week and I accept whatever punishment you may throw at me." "...your HOUSEMATES will be punished instead!" "WUTTTT How Could This Possibly Be Happening" times ****ing five jesus christ), John James single-handedly destroyed BB11, and lolBB12. And let's face it, this whole love triangle turned into She Loves Me She Loves Me Not **** with Charlie is so frigging redundant and played out and put a serious damper on this year's show.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
stupid, utterly