Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 16-08-2013, 10:35 PM #1

Default 80s hours per week job can I manage it?

I've been thinking of doing 2 full time jobs, I feel kind of bad that I want to support my mother and make her happy but don't have a well paid job that will give me enough money to give her and also save for myself. I've been thinking should i find another full time job, and complete both the jobs during weekdays, and then have the weekends off, so I can relax, do other things and give myself time to enjoy myself at the same time. Please provide some opinion.
farhad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 11:10 PM #2
Z

Z

I think you would exhaust yourself within the first week, you would not be able to sustain two full time jobs. You need to eat and sleep, farhad. I work a 40 hour week at the moment; I get about 3 hours after work to have dinner and relax before I have to go to bed to get up in time for work. 40 hours doesn't include travel time to and from my workplace.

You could perhaps do a full time job during the week and work weekends somewhere if you really wanted to bring in some extra cash but even then I think you would burn yourself out...
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 11:16 PM #3

The thing is nowadays 40 hours a week is not enough to raise enough money after expenses to save, I honestly get suicidal thoughts when thinking about these things. I want it to be a temporary thing at least, like work 80 hours for a year then reduce the hours afterwards.
farhad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 11:23 PM #4
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhad View Post
The thing is nowadays 40 hours a week is not enough to raise enough money after expenses to save, I honestly get suicidal thoughts when thinking about these things. I want it to be a temporary thing at least, like work 80 hours for a year then reduce the hours afterwards.
It sounds to me like helping around the home is a huge priority to you and I think that's really admirable. It is important to save for yourself, of course, but maybe you can get a full time job with 40 hours a week that will pay an okay wage so that you can give some money to your mum every time you get paid. Once you're used to working a 40 hour week, you could maybe see how you would feel about getting a second job? Try not to let the worries about money overwhelm you though, having suicidal thoughts isn't healthy and you'll only worry yourself sick if you let it play on your mind too much. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? If you're over the age of 21 then at least you have the highest minimum wage guaranteed in any job you might get.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 11:55 PM #5
filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

filthy mudblood

Favourites (more):
BB16: Amy & Sally
X Factor 2014: Only The Young

Buy a euromillions ticket, it's a rollover. Something like 70 million

Bookmark/share this topic