Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 16-08-2006, 09:05 AM #1

Default Hatred on the Boards......????

I don’t know about anyone else but what on earth has been going on lately with the forum?

All I see is closed threads and warnings. It never used to be like this.

I have to admit that the Mods are doing a sterling job of keeping things under control but still we get duplicate Anti and Pro threads which the same people have slanging matches on. It must be hard for them to keep up. It seems that every single thread I look at there are forum members having a “go” at each other.

Which makes me wonder why?

I suspect it has something to do with BBBM. This show incites hatred towards the housemates and the Mouthpiece makes it expectable to really let rip with that hatred. Then its just one step away from ganging up and mouthing off to other forum members.

I know it’s the final week and things can get a little heated but come on guys….. Cant we share the love???
~Kizwiz~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 09:08 AM #2

kizwiz, you have pretty much summarised everything I've been feeling about the forum lately. Over the last two weeks or so everyone seems to be arguing and getting warnings.

Nobody can seem to have a proper discussion anymore.

I hope it gets sorted soon, because BB's over soon, and there's really no point for all this now...
Bells is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 09:28 AM #3
Banned

Banned

SOME people, and I'm not naming names, just can't help it
JakeyBoy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 09:31 AM #4
can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

Favourites:

Jakeyboy I wonder flatter yourself seeing as your one to aggrovate people. But yes, there has been very much hatred on this board latley, mostly the new members who come on and start being rude towards certain housemates. Also, theres arguing outside of the BB7 Section. One member who seems to be involved a lot
MarkWaldorf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 09:33 AM #5
Banned

Banned

I only aggrovate you Mark
Old 16-08-2006, 09:34 AM #6

I really dont want this thread to go into a slanging match....... I was just trying to make people aware that some people on this forum come her for a decussion regarding BB and a bit of fun on the other threads.

I'm not waving the finger and i cant pinpoint any FM that this has to do with.

I was trying to make a generalisation about the way I feel towards the forum at the moment.
Old 16-08-2006, 09:40 AM #7

Favourites:

Favourites:

Well its one of the reasons I dont post in the BB7 section anymore. Its controlled by all the new members who seem to argue over Aisleyne and Pete. Stupid topics are made, threatening posts are posted, It just dont feel right to post there
Old 16-08-2006, 09:42 AM #8
Banned

Banned

The BB7 board really annoys me now that we are in the final week becausee all the n00bs think that they own the place and post rubbish like it's going to persuade the whole country
Old 16-08-2006, 09:57 AM #9

See even this is turning into a thread with squabbling and veiled attempts to have a go at other FMs.

You are spot on Kizwiz in your OP. I think as more and more people get access to the internet these days, along with BB appealing to an increasibly wider audience and that TiBB is probably one of the best BB forums on the web (sucking up to the mods, who me?) then you're going to attract an increasingly large amount of people.

More people means a greater chance of attracting idiots to the forum who, spurned on by shows like BBBM and by seeing the boos etc on eviction night, think it is acceptable to have a go at people who disagree with their opinion.

But it's not even the increase in bickering, it's the amount of similar threads popping up. Someone used to start a thread when they had something interesting to say and wanted to hear others opinions on it. Yes, at times it resulted in some heated debate, but hey thats part of the fun as long you know where to draw the line. Now we get so many threads where the original post is just "I want X to win, he/she is great" or "I hate X, s/he annoys me so much" and thats it. Nothing more than that and yet the person felt it necessary to start a whole thread just to declare this when there are already 5 or 6 threads discussing the exact same point. And the same people make the same post in each of those threads and the same people reply. It leads to frustration, which leads to bickering and fighting.

Share the love people, share the love
Slartibartfast is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 10:16 AM #10

Thanks for your comments Slartibartfast, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks like this. And your right about the meaninless threads that pop up and encourage more bickering and jibs.

I really dont want this thread to turn into a backbiting game with other FM's so can I ask for this thread to be closed please as I just wanted my feelings to be aired?
Old 16-08-2006, 10:22 AM #11

I've already explained to individual forum members how I'm feeling about all the arguments as well. Once the final is over, though, I don't think it'll be as much of a problem anymore. The BB7 thread is basically now becoming a whole host of threads about Aisleyne and Pete and who's better and who isn't since they're apparently the favourites to win. And the same points are being made over and over again.

Sorry, I just wanted to say exactly how I felt about them.

And I'm glad there's another person who thinks the same, kizwiz.
Bells is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 10:27 AM #12

I couldn't deal with it last night... So I've changed the warning system.

From now on first warning means an immediate 24 hour ban from posting. Hopefully that wlll allow people to cool-off and refelect.

People either behave properly... or they are banned. These posts about other posters are especially annoying. Personal issues like that should be dealt with privately.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 10:28 AM #13

Quote:
Originally posted by James
I couldn't deal with it last night... So I've changed the warning system.

From now on first warning means an immediate 24 hour ban from posting. Hopefully that wlll allow people to cool-off and refelect.

People either behave properly... or they are banned. These posts about other posters are especially annoying. Personal issues like that should be dealt with privately.
Spot on James
Old 16-08-2006, 10:31 AM #14

I think debates are a good thing in life. When it gets personal, then it's time to get the warning's out.

Keep on topic, no problem, but I was called 'sick' for sticking up for victims of child abuse, all because the person can't see past fancying Pete.

The new warning's system is a good idea.
InTheHood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 11:16 AM #15
Z

Z

Ehum.. from the point of view of somebody who only posts in General Chat and the other non Big Brother boards; it's beginning to spill over into the non Big Brother sections. The whole point of a non-BB section is so that Big Brother can't be discussed. What is so hard to understand about that? I really don't care if you want Aisleyne to win.

Also, this is, I suppose, a nasty thing to say, but why is it that this post:

"mostly the new members who come on and start being rude towards certain housemates. Also, theres arguing outside of the BB7 Section. One member who seems to be involved a lot "

sounds extremely hypocritical to me? I class a new member as somebody who joined around the time of the start of this Big Brother. I don't know about anyone else, but nobody should really be classifying other people as "new members so they must be bad" or "old members so they must be boring" or anything along that vein. It just annoys me to see bickering on a really friendly forum. I left one forum a whileback because of arguing and some members on here know about that. I really don't want that to happen on here too.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 11:18 AM #16

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziola
Ehum.. from the point of view of somebody who only posts in General Chat and the other non Big Brother boards; it's beginning to spill over into the non Big Brother sections. The whole point of a non-BB section is so that Big Brother can't be discussed. What is so hard to understand about that? I really don't care if you want Aisleyne to win.

"mostly the new members who come on and start being rude towards certain housemates. Also, theres arguing outside of the BB7 Section. One member who seems to be involved a lot "

sounds extremely hypocritical to me? I class a new member as somebody who joined around the time of the start of this Big Brother. I don't know about anyone else, but nobody should really be classifying other people as "new members so they must be bad" or "old members so they must be boring" or anything along that vein. It just annoys me to see bickering on a really friendly forum. I left one forum a whileback because of arguing and some members on here know about that. I really don't want that to happen on here too.
If it was you, I was have told you. I've alredy U2Ud this person about it anyway.
Old 16-08-2006, 11:20 AM #17

Good idea james
Siouxsie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 11:46 AM #18

It is all getting a bit too much, some people just seem to start new threads for the sake of it, it doesn't even seem to matter if there's already another topic on the same lines they'll just open a new thread and this causes some members to become annoyed and before you know it we are having personal insults and It's all becoming tedious.

The new warning system should deal with the problem though.
Dan_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 11:57 AM #19
Loving Lucien!

Favourites (more):
BB12: Jay
CBB8: Lucien

Loving Lucien!

Favourites (more):
BB12: Jay
CBB8: Lucien

I've heard how bad this is all getting, and I hope the new Warning System helps sort out any trouble!
Nicola is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 12:05 PM #20

me too
Siouxsie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 12:28 PM #21

A big problem is people with more than one username.

It's quite clear that some have 2 usernames or maybe even more, just to back themselves up.

This board, and any other board, has a range of differing ages, cultures and backgrounds, which I feel is important.

What this board must not become, is a free speech forum. If people want a free speech forum, there are many boards that will take peoples racist and abusive views with pleasure.

Debating is good, telling someone they are thick/need to brush up on reading/spelling/knowledge skills, or telling them to shut up (the list is endless) is trying to cause an arguement.

Don't let the debating end, but the personal comments should stop. If you want an arguement, go into your town centre on a Friday night, and someone will give you what you want.

When I first arrived here, the majority were friendly, now it's out of control.

My suggestion, is that any future registrations have to be approved my James, Mark etc etc first, and you must only sign up with an e-mail address from your ISP provider. (No hotmail/gmail etc etc) as that way, any trouble makers can be reported to their ISP.

I hope the new warnings system works, it's not nice having to have something like this in place, but the minority spoil it for the rest of us.
InTheHood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 12:35 PM #22

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

Im glad theres a new warning system in place because to be honest im getting sick of it. Hopefully it should change by Friday.
Thanks James and Mark for putting the new warning system in
BigSister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 05:32 PM #23
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally posted by BB06
Quote:

If it was you, I was have told you. I've alredy U2Ud this person about it anyway.
..I think I would have been aware if I'd been in the wars!
Old 16-08-2006, 05:34 PM #24

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by BB06
Quote:

..I think I would have been aware if I'd been in the wars!
Yep lol
Old 16-08-2006, 05:36 PM #25
Z

Z

Quote:
Originally posted by InTheHood
A big problem is people with more than one username.

It's quite clear that some have 2 usernames or maybe even more, just to back themselves up.

This board, and any other board, has a range of differing ages, cultures and backgrounds, which I feel is important.

What this board must not become, is a free speech forum. If people want a free speech forum, there are many boards that will take peoples racist and abusive views with pleasure.

Debating is good, telling someone they are thick/need to brush up on reading/spelling/knowledge skills, or telling them to shut up (the list is endless) is trying to cause an arguement.

Don't let the debating end, but the personal comments should stop. If you want an arguement, go into your town centre on a Friday night, and someone will give you what you want.

When I first arrived here, the majority were friendly, now it's out of control.

My suggestion, is that any future registrations have to be approved my James, Mark etc etc first, and you must only sign up with an e-mail address from your ISP provider. (No hotmail/gmail etc etc) as that way, any trouble makers can be reported to their ISP.

I hope the new warnings system works, it's not nice having to have something like this in place, but the minority spoil it for the rest of us.

That's a really interesting viewpoint ITH, I quite like the idea of signing up with your ISP's email address as it makes life easier for those with the power of the forum to make complaints. Like you say, with hotmail you can be nearly anonymous!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
boards, hatred